Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Central
22.22%
Franklin County
77.78%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Central @ Franklin County ROUND 2 PLAYOFFS
Central vs Franklin County Round 2 Playoffs

Central (7-4)
Aug 20, 21 DuPont Manual away (L) 12 - 14 
Aug 27, 21 St. Xavier home (L) 6 - 30 
Sep 2, 21 Butler away (W) 34 - 0 
Sep 10, 21 Belfry home (W) 37 - 6
Sep 17, 21 Fern Creek home (W) 15 - 6 
Sep 24, 21 South Warren home (L) 6 - 20 
Oct 1, 21 Shelby County away (W) 48 - 0 
Oct 8, 21 Waggener home (W) 43 - 6 
Oct 15, 21 North Oldham away (W) 50 - 13 
Oct 22, 21 Franklin County home (L) 6 - 35 
Oct 29, 21 Open 0 - 0 
Nov 4, 21 Shelby County home (W) 73 - 0  Class 4A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals

Franklin County (8-3)
Aug 20, 21 Scott County at Great Crossing (Birds Nest Stadium) (W) 43 - 14  BGO Battle of Elkhorn Creek 
Aug 27, 21 Western Hills home (W) 61 - 0 
Sep 3, 21 Corbin away (L) 7 - 27 
Sep 10, 21 Ballard home (L) 13 - 31 
Sep 17, 21 Woodford County away (L) 21 - 24 
Sep 24, 21 Shelby County away (W) 56 - 8
Oct 1, 21 North Oldham home (W) 41 - 7 
Oct 8, 21 Open 0 - 0 
Oct 15, 21 Waggener home (W) 31 - 6 
Oct 22, 21 Central away (W) 35 - 6 
Oct 29, 21 Madison Southern away (W) 55 - 7 
Nov 5, 21 North Oldham home (W) 46 - 0  Class 4A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals

Good luck to both teams. Thoughts?
I like Franklin again in this matchup. I think Coach Eddie James has the Defense dialed in against Central. Thats 2 in a row and I look for it to be #3 in a row.

Franklin 28
Central 14
New Qb for Franklin County has them back in the race.

Franklin County 28
Central 14
FC has never beat Central twice in one year... this year will they break that habit?
[-] The following 3 users Like FCSPY's post:
  • 64SUR, BEChargers, Bull got out!
I would pick against central in this game week 1-10, but when its win or go home you cant hardly count these guys out. Always one of the toughest outs on a schedule playoff time year in year out.
Central 21
Franklin 14.
I don't know if my Redhound cohorts agree with me but Franklin scares the bejeezers out of me. And I don't even know what a bejeezer is. :)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
Folks still picking Central!!! Come on Flyboys!! Send a message!!!!!
central finds a way to win
I’ve seen Franklin. They’re a very good team. Especially if QB play Is better. Haven’t seen central. But it’s like someone said previously, central during playoffs always finds a way to be a pest!! Going with Franklin though. 28-14
(11-09-2021, 01:12 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: I would pick against central in this game week 1-10, but when its win or go home you cant hardly count these guys out.  Always one of the toughest outs on a schedule playoff time year in year out.
Central 21
Franklin 14.

I know. I'm torn on this one. I thought Central would win the last one, and Franklin County proved me wrong. I'm not sure if Central has the same kind of team that they've had in the past that could completely shut Franklin County down with defense. Central just might show me again that I shouldn't pick against them, but I'm going with Franklin County 28-14.
I think Franklin wins this one by more than the first.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Nygfan106wins
Its hard to beat a good opponent in a dominant fashion twice in a season but I believe Franklin County will win by at least 3 scores in this rematch. 

Central 7
Franklin County 35
This one is a toss up but I see the winner facing Johnson central in the semi's. They could be in the state title game . Two very talented and well coached team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes True pioneer's post:
  • FlyerFanatic
FC 49
C 12
I would love to see Central get the upset.  I would also like to see the JC FC rematch.  I hope FC has their sight set on the title game.  

That said 
FC - 28
Central - 36
I just don't see Franklin County losing this game. Maybe closer than the first one but the flyers seem to have turned their season around and look to make a run in the playoffs. They really impressed me last year and I know what they have returned. This team can be scary good!
Central will not roll over, things got a little chippy at the end of this first game. So I would expect to see some popping early on.
(11-11-2021, 03:02 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: I just don't see Franklin County losing this game.  Maybe closer than the first one but the flyers seem to have turned their season around and look to make a run in the playoffs.  They really impressed me last year and I know what they have returned.  This team can be scary good!
Myself and a few others have said this since we seen them in person. They have the skills, speed, and size to beat anyone. 
(11-11-2021, 03:25 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Central will not roll over, things got a little chippy at the end of this first game. So I would expect to see some popping early on.
I don’t believe it. Central would never taunt or get chippy! Haha.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • FlyerFanatic
Game Day!!!
(11-12-2021, 06:47 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Game Day!!!

good luck to your boys tonight.
[-] The following 2 users Like FCSPY's post:
  • Bull got out!, FlyerFanatic
(11-12-2021, 09:48 AM)FCSPY Wrote:
(11-12-2021, 06:47 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Game Day!!!

good luck to your boys tonight.

Thanks brother!!!! Go Franklin County!!
I have a lot of respect for both programs. Both are tremendous teams with lots of very good talent. While Central’s record doesn’t always reflect dominance due to loading up on a tough schedule, they generally exude that dominance when it counts. That being said, Franklin County is one hell of a team. Coach James has them playing very well. It’s going to be hard to win 3 in a row vs the jackets but Franklin can. I understand their QB play has picked up. I think they will need to get Moorman more touches than he has gotten so far because he is a flat out game changer. I’ll be following this one closely. Good luck to both teams.