Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Estill County Football Facility Upgrades
Estill County has started the construction on upgrading their facilities. 

- Turf Field
- New Scoreboard (I think on opposite end zone from where it currently sits now)
- New Press Box
- New bleachers (home and visitor)
- Weight Room/Field House additions. 

You can follow The Engineer Report on Facebook, Estill County Athletics and Estill County Football for updates on progress.

Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 4 users Like Strikeout King's post:
  • Bull got out!, nemo, pjdoug, Redneck
That's awesome. it will give the kids something to be proud of.
(11-09-2021, 11:37 AM)Strikeout King Wrote: Estill County has started the construction on upgrading their facilities. 

- Turf Field
- New Scoreboard (I think on opposite end zone from where it currently sits now)
- New Press Box
- New bleachers (home and visitor)
- Weight Room/Field House additions. 

You can follow The Engineer Report on Facebook, Estill County Athletics and Estill County Football for updates on progress.

That's quite the undertaking. Good for them, I'm excited to see the finished product!
Outstanding !!
That's awesome, happy for the folks in Estill County!
Happy for the program and the kids will love it!
Keep the caboose!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gitback Coach's post:
  • GreyStoke
I remember going to camp when Hoover coached there.  Will the new field/complex bear his name?  Also, Strikeout King can you provide some more history on the program and it’s coaches.  Glad to see turf going down; I know with band, football, and soccer all sharing it- it typically takes a beating.
(11-10-2021, 12:21 AM)ROTC Wrote: I remember going to camp when Hoover coached there.  Will the new field/complex bear his name?  Also, Strikeout King can you provide some more history on the program and it’s coaches.  Glad to see turf going down; I know with band, football, and soccer all sharing it- it typically takes a beating.

Mike Jones (current Powell County head coach) is the only coach in school history to win a district championship in football. 

Several years ago, Estill was the leading rushing team in the state and had several players ranked in the state. 

I'm anxious to see the finished field.
Mike Jones- the Mad Hatter of KY football!!

Will Estill install a nice track at the new facility and be able to host track meets going forward?
(11-10-2021, 06:16 PM)ROTC Wrote: Mike Jones- the Mad Hatter of KY football!!

Will Estill install a nice track at the new facility and be able to host track meets going forward?

I'm assuming yes but not heard anything about that though.
(11-10-2021, 07:50 PM)Strikeout King Wrote:

Well deserved up grade to Estill facilities.  Also heard they are getting a new track, going from 6 lanes to 8.
(11-12-2021, 01:52 PM)PREZCAT Wrote:
(11-10-2021, 07:50 PM)Strikeout King Wrote:

Well deserved up grade to Estill facilities.  Also heard they are getting a new track, going from 6 lanes to 8.

Correct.

I hate tracks around a field, especially if the bleachers sit low.

But it’s awesome that they are getting an upgrade.
A few years ago Mike Jones got help from Kevin Richardson former engineer, and Backstreet boy singer and had the fieldhouse built.
It’s my understanding the administration at that time took a bunch of that money and used it for other things. When Richardson specifically donated to football. It ticked him off and he hasn’t given a dime since. Is that true?
I know the field house got built, but as well heard that
(11-12-2021, 07:29 PM)ironfist13 Wrote: It’s my understanding the administration at that time took a bunch of that money and used it for other things. When Richardson specifically donated to football. It ticked him off and he hasn’t given a dime since. Is that true?

(11-12-2021, 10:32 PM)foozeball80 Wrote: I know the field house got built, but as well heard that

From my understanding, now I don't know how true this is but it's my understanding that He (Kevin) designed a fieldhouse for about $300,000. He donated $150,000 and told the school administration to come up with the other $150,000. They had that field house built that's there now. I had heard someone, who worked in construction at that time, say that they could build that current field house (one that's there now) for about $40,000. It's also my understanding that some within the old administration used the rest of that $150,000 to buy personal things. 

Again, this is not coming from me, it's just what I've heard over time but we all know how hearsay goes.
Didn’t the entire football team meet with the AD and principal and threaten not to play if their coach wasn’t reinstated at about this same time; or is that just a legend?
Place will look great!
(11-16-2021, 02:55 PM)ROTC Wrote: Didn’t the entire football team meet with the AD and principal and threaten not to play if their coach wasn’t reinstated at about this same time; or is that just a legend?

Yes. That was back when Jones was forced out then they hired Luttrell who wasn't there long before having to step down due to health reasons. Once that happened, the players went to the administration and told them to either hire Mike Jones back or they wasn't gonna have a team.

From my understanding that's how it went.
I thought I heard that tale or something similar before. If the kind folks of Irvine understood anything about football and their best years of success…..they would name the road leading down to the football field DOUBLEWING STREET!!!
I've not been up through Irvine lately but from what I hear, they have the field completely tore up, nothing but dirt. I'll try and get up through there this coming week and get some pics.
How’s the football field coming along
Few pics I was able to snag today. Multiple posts.

Thumbnail(s)

and more.

Thumbnail(s)

This is what the finished product will look like and a new entrance.

Thumbnail(s)

They should have went without the track and moved the bleachers closer to the sideline. Just my opinion. Tracks around a football field SUCK
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
I think they getting play clocks as well and yes the scoreboard will be on opposite end of the field. It use to sit up by tennis courts on school side. It will now sit on the opposite end. 

Old field house will host the weight room, middle school and visiting teams. 

New field house will host both football and soccer in fall and track/tennis in spring.