Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 65 - East Ridge 8
LCC wins this one! Was 49-0 at the half! Big congrats and keep working hard East Ridge!
Cougars come away with the upset....good job to both teams
^^^haha...
Roughneck40 Wrote:Cougars come away with the upset....good job to both teams

Upset???? This was no upset, it was very much expected.
Roughneck40 Wrote:Cougars come away with the upset....good job to both teams
Was this really an upset?? I don't know anything about either team by I saw were LCC was 6-1 on the season this sounds like they have a pretty good team down thier.
Congrats Cougars... This was no upset by the way.
No upset..I think it was a sarcastic remark, lol! Very young team in East Ridge! Best of luck to both!
Thanks Playboy lol its good to see people appreciate sarcasm still.....that was just for those few people who were arguing with me before the game that ER was going to go down and beat Letcher Central.... This could have gotten ALOT worse.....ER did play their hearts out though, and they are a great group of kids....Hopefully their hard work will start to pay off soon.....
You are only as successful as how hard your team works. Champions are made in the off season with various strength and conditioning programs. Coach B got the job kinda late and had no chance of setting up a program. Maybe next year things will brighten up for the Warriors. Congrats to LCC on the lop-sided win.
Congrats LCC
ER gives up 60+ back to back weeks, hold your heads high warriors and concentrate on next week, good luck rest of the way!
GRIZZ Wrote:You are only as successful as how hard your team works. Champions are made in the off season with various strength and conditioning programs. Coach B got the job kinda late and had no chance of setting up a program. Maybe next year things will brighten up for the Warriors. Congrats to LCC on the lop-sided win.

Highly doubtful considering that compared to other schools who have seniors that have been lifting since around 7th and 8th grade and ER would only get one year of really good weight training in. Id say if Coach B builds a program at ER that his freshman and incoming freshman have the best chances of turning that program around.
Seniors Austin Cox and Brad Branham and freshman corner Bryan Casey were out for this game....Caleb Epling was also hurt in the 1st Quarter.
just how good is lcc this year
I don't see Benchwarmer posting now.

Where is that ER by 2 TDs????????

Congrats to the Cougars on the win!
The ER boys played their hearts out tonight.
^^haha...probably just asleep...
Pretty much as I expected.
vundy33 Wrote:^^haha...probably just asleep...

lol.. I'd go to sleep too after predicting a game like that.
RedSeal Wrote:just how good is lcc this year

LCC is a really good football team this year. And the scary thing is, they could get better in the next couple of weeks before the playoffs:yikes:
They have run the football well all year, and their passing attack has gotten better each game. The bottom line is this is the best team in the brief history of LCC and most likely one of the best who will ever play at Letcher Central.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:LCC is a really good football team this year. And the scary thing is, they could get better in the next couple of weeks before the playoffs:yikes:
They have run the football well all year, and their passing attack has gotten better each game. The bottom line is this is the best team in the brief history of LCC and most likely one of the best who will ever play at Letcher Central.

Thats a pretty big assumption! What would make this team so special that no team in the future could surpass them @ LCC?
Belfry_99 Wrote:Thats a pretty big assumption! What would make this team so special that no team in the future could surpass them @ LCC?

You're probably right, I guess what I really meant and should have said was that they would be one of the most memorable teams in years to come because of the fact that they were the first to build a foundation for what will hopefully become a very succesful football program.
LCC_Cougar Wrote:I don't see Benchwarmer posting now.

Where is that ER by 2 TDs????????

Congrats to the Cougars on the win!
The ER boys played their hearts out tonight.

I'm here.
Keep this discussion about the game, not taunting other members please.
Congrats LCC
With the current team, and the success of Whitesburg and East Letcher, Coach Howard and his staff only have high expectations in the coming years.
Roughneck40 Wrote:Thanks Playboy lol its good to see people appreciate sarcasm still.....that was just for those few people who were arguing with me before the game that ER was going to go down and beat Letcher Central.... This could have gotten ALOT worse.....ER did play their hearts out though, and they are a great group of kids....Hopefully their hard work will start to pay off soon.....

Roughneck, I'll have to say you got me on that one. Good luck to both teams.
wow, i didn't miss much by not catching this one.
and to the comment earlier about weight lifting and so forth, I believe East Ridge has most of their athletes enrolled in a weight lifting class, but the lifting program is pretty crappy and they don't enforce lifting very much at all.
Congrats to the LCC cougars. I wish them the best of luck, but all I hear is everyone talking about how good they are and they might be a decent team, but by no means are we world beaters. Currently, the teams we have beaten have a combined win total of 12 wins. 1 has a winning record, Perry Central. At the end of the season, LCC will be in the same boat since the inception, not beating a team with a winning record. Grant it, LCC has a great chance to win the district, AND I HOPE WE DO, but wait till that third round of the playoffs when HIGHLANDS is the team on the field, and then we will see how "great a team" LCC is when the clock will probably be running after the half........
UKisN1 Wrote:With the current team, and the success of Whitesburg and East Letcher, Coach Howard and his staff only have high expectations in the coming years.

Very well said!
i like the future for the cougars.....