Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 74 Harlan Co 72 OT
Didn’t see that coming.
Well hello , Dolly!!!!   Some folks on here were all but ready to  all but ready to send the Bears to Rupp. Not so fast my impractical prognosticating pundits!!!

Congrats Jackets!!!
Have no idea what kind of team Williamsburg has, but I have heard they’re not bad. Beating HC by 2 on their home floor doesn’t exactly make them a region contender and doesn’t mean HC is not a top 3 team in region. There is a lot yet to learn about each team for sure, but HC has a team that will compete for a region title when it’s all said and done. Knox is clearly thefavorite, then NL and then I believe HC is still that third team, but we shall see. Should be an exciting year!
(12-11-2021, 02:23 AM)Black Bear Cuz Wrote: Have no idea what kind of team Williamsburg has, but I have heard they’re not bad. Beating HC by 2 on their home floor doesn’t exactly make them a region contender and doesn’t mean HC is not a top 3 team in region. There is a lot yet to learn about each team for sure, but HC has a team that will compete for a region title when it’s all said and done. Knox is clearly thefavorite, then NL and then I believe HC is still that third team, but we shall see. Should be an exciting year!

Agree  I think North and Knox are on the top tier.  I think the Burg will have a nice season. Coach Swords does a good job.  Coach Jones will have HC in the mix in the end and never count out Coach Davis at South Laurel. And, of course, Tony will have his Hounds playing at their best in March.  Should be a fun season.
1. KC
2. NL
3. Harlan Co.
4. SL
5. Corbin

HC with the loss tonight, but it’s tough on the road in this region. I agree, Corbin will be in the mix.
Congratulations to Williamsburg, Coach Swords and the Jackets making themselves known early in the 13th…
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I can't believe I missed this game!!! An OT win!! I LOVE OT games!!

Congratulations Jackets!!
This was a big win for The Orange Bees.
(12-11-2021, 03:10 AM)TheProfessor33 Wrote: 1. KC
2. NL
3. Harlan Co.
4. SL
5. Corbin

HC with the loss tonight, but it’s tough on the road in this region.  I agree, Corbin will be in the mix.
I agree with #1-#5 and I definitely agree that Corbin will be in the mix come March. I’ve only watched one game thus far and it was Corbin at North Laurel. In my opinion you can’t leave three very talented Seniors riding the bench while you play a Freshman over them. Its pretty obvious what’s going on with that and is a reason North beat the brakes off Corbin. You gotta get Mills, Baker and Longmire some quality minutes in these big time games if you expect to make a run at District or Region. Just my opinion.
Sometimes you live by the 3 point shot and sometimes you die by it. They hit 17 against Corbin and only 9 against the Burg, shooting virtually the same number. Williamsburg probably defended it better as well because so far Corbin has been lacking on the defensive side.