Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Players to come out of the 15th in the past 10 yrs
Haley ratliff will become one of the best players to come out of the 15th region, why you ask it is because she is a great ball handler who as great offense and defensive aweraness and can drive to the basket like no other, she can also shoot the rock. the only weakness haley has is that she likes to shoot the ball alot, and that is ok but when you have someone that is wide open on the other end of the floor pass the ball, and she does some ttimes but if other teams will setup and take a charge thatn she will become in foul trouble,but she is only a somphomore so she has plenty of time to break her of that.
"BLHSalum53" Wrote:Perhaps we should start a new forum of 20 questions for BLSHalum53. Yes, actually, I did. I busted my knee during the second exhibition game of the season and had surgery. Was released in early March and completely reinjured in the Spring--I had to give it up after that and served as student-athlete coach. If you have any more questions about my personal life, please just send a pvt message so that we don't clog up the forum, thanks!

:-({|=

Or we could call the forum 20 Questions from BLHSalum53. Don't ask about others personal life and they won't ask about yours. Feel free to pvt message me if you have any more questions. PDT_002
I agree champ1, Ratliff will be one of the best to come out of the 15th.
If Natasha Stratton was one of the best to ever come out of the 15th region then she would have played somewhere else other than ALC...and she's not even playing there anymore. When she was at ALC last year she didn't even get any playing time...so...I really don't think she is one of the best ever!
I think I'll have to add Kristi Varney.
"Cali" Wrote:If Natasha Stratton was one of the best to ever come out of the 15th region then she would have played somewhere else other than ALC...and she's not even playing there anymore. When she was at ALC last year she didn't even get any playing time...so...I really don't think she is one of the best ever!
I agree to that
"Cali" Wrote:If Natasha Stratton was one of the best to ever come out of the 15th region then she would have played somewhere else other than ALC...and she's not even playing there anymore. When she was at ALC last year she didn't even get any playing time...so...I really don't think she is one of the best ever!

I agree with that!
If Stratton was one of the best that means everyone else who played in the region that year would be also.. She is not even half as good as Clark or Lykens

AMEN!!!!!
Well I happen to know Tasha Stratton and know why she didn't go anywhere else. She was scheduled to tryout at another school out of state and didn't want to, because she chose Alice Lloyd and thought that was the place for her. She then got sick after starting school and could hardly make it through practice without throwing up, because of a medical condition, which limited her playing time and practice time. She is now doing better and at EKU and has been invited by that coach to attend this years games, if she wanted to tryout for their team, but she has had to work full time and has not had the time. Lykens is at Alice Lloyd herself now, so that doesn't say much about her either. Kim is great. I think she is doing really well and has for the last few years. She has had some lazy games, but still ended up MVP twice in regional tournament wins. Stratton was also named District Player of the Year her senior year.
Well guys I'm leaving, heading to Alice Lloyd or Richmond, they must be giving away scolarships.
lol.. I will come with ya Balla..
Ok, we should have went a long time ago..lol,..
Well heck I'm already here, maybe he'll give me one.

I also know Natasha and EKU's coach did not give her passes to attend the games! That's a joke...her game doesn't compare to the athletes on the team now like Ashley Cazee, Laura Shelton, or Candis Cook...or in years past like Charolette Sizemore! Plus, how would he even notice her? Did he come to ALC and see her in warmups or maybe he caught her in action in intramural games...I don't think so.
"BLHSalum53" Wrote:Perhaps we should start a new forum of 20 questions for BLSHalum53. Yes, actually, I did. I busted my knee during the second exhibition game of the season and had surgery. Was released in early March and completely reinjured in the Spring--I had to give it up after that and served as student-athlete coach. If you have any more questions about my personal life, please just send a pvt message so that we don't clog up the forum, thanks!

Those 2 exhibition games you played must have gave you a lot of experience, like you said.
Excuse me! Actually you don't say. Hmm. But I don't have it. Did you a lot of experience like you said keep it?
tuty--get a life, seriously. I said pvt for any more questions or comments. There is more that goes into a season that two exhibition games and I was there for every second of it.

Stratton was indeed one of the better players of the 58th district. Don't know if I would put her on the top list of the past 10 years. She did help BL win a lot of games and go to the state tournament. The gals from Prestonsburg are just sour because their season sucked. No college *hands* out scholarships--you have to earn them and I'm sorry you didn't do that girls! Real sorry.
all ur guys lists r great n' all,
but u left out the Howard Twins, Sam & Shawna
Ok, I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this But.........

First warning:

This is a discussion about the best players to come out of the 15th in the past 10 years, as the title said. So therefore there should be no personal bashings of each other. If your name didn't make someone's list make your own. and talk about it. But there will be no more making fun of someone cause they went to a small school or because they didn't further their career anywhere. So let's keep it on topic.
well i thought the question was to name some of the best players ,i agree the ones on the list are good players,but i also believe a good player is one that makes a team better and can show proof for something they do, besides run off at the mouth and has nothing to back it up with, i just gave stats to prove she has done as much to help her team win as any on the list i dont see any other county teams that have done what they did with her leading the way ,as for kim and whitney being so much better they were playing on the same court every day ,all year she preformed better, stats dont lie just check the shooting percentage on all three she shot better with a lot less shots AND PLAYEDLESS MIN.A LEADER IS A PERSON THAT CAN MAKE HER TEAM BETTER.
*smacks hand* ooops!

I agree with you about Natasha Stratton. She really had a great career at BLHS and I believe your stats are accurate. She was great at forward, especially being of small stature. The more I think about it, the more I realize she was a very determined and good player. Kim and Whitney are not to be left out of the lime light though. All three were tremendous players.
I will say that Natasha was one of the best in the district but IMO not up there with some of the best in the region. I'm not doubting your stats, I'm sure they're accurate.

Oh BLHSalum53, I'm not from Prestonsburg. Coach Inman would give Natasha the same opportunity as he would any other player who wished to walk on...which is a chance to watch the practices (to see if you could play with them) and come on your own to view the games...he doesn't give out passes to certain people. Then if you think you have a chance then he would probably give anyone the chance to try out.

Also, maybe Becky Thomas should be on the list?
"BLHSalum53" Wrote:tuty--get a life, seriously. I said pvt for any more questions or comments. There is more that goes into a season that two exhibition games and I was there for every second of it.

Stratton was indeed one of the better players of the 58th district. Don't know if I would put her on the top list of the past 10 years. She did help BL win a lot of games and go to the state tournament. The gals from Prestonsburg are just sour because their season sucked. No college *hands* out scholarships--you have to earn them and I'm sorry you didn't do that girls! Real sorry.

The gals from Prestonsburg are sour because their season sucked:roll:. I am proud of the girls from Prestonsburg, they might not have gotten as far as they wanted, but they played as hard as they could, even though some games they played horrible. No matter how many games they lose I will still support them. If you said this to the Prestonsburg girls they would beg to differ with you.
[quote=""BLHSalum53""]tuty--get a life, seriously. I said pvt for any more questions or comments. There is more that goes into a season that two exhibition games and I was there for every second of it.quote]

Sorry BLHSalum53, but I can post my comments, or my questions on here, I don't have to private message you to do it. I was just saying you must have gotten experience from those two games, geese!
If a question is asked regarding the life of a member and he/she doesn't wish to answer then there is no reason for them to. So if they ask that you pm them instead of making it public, then have some respect and respect their wishes. This will help the keep the site running smoothly and without drama.