• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Groups you will be made fun of for loving, OSH can help

lololol
I hate Cher
Beautiful song, hate Cher

Great

Kevin Tucker
2 years ago
35-year-old song still better than anything being put out today.
Love this topic, my friend. You have already mentioned a few of mine.   I grew up loving the Bee Gees, ABBA and , in fact, most of the ones you mentioned I liked. Not ashamed to say it.  Steve Perry... I mean, what pipes that guy had.    Two of my early crushes were Karen Carpenter and Olivia Newton-John. Loved their stuff.  Air Supply and Wilson Phillips(or was it Phillips Wilson???) as well.

(12-23-2021, 12:22 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

Probably my favorite ABBA tune along with "Waterloo."

(12-23-2021, 03:04 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Love this topic, my friend. You have already mentioned a few of mine.   I grew up loving the Bee Gees, ABBA and , in fact, most of the ones you mentioned I liked. Not ashamed to say it.  Steve Perry... I mean, what pipes that guy had.    Two of my early crushes were Karen Carpenter and Olivia Newton-John. Loved their stuff.  Air Supply and Wilson Phillips(or was it Phillips Wilson???) as well.

Gosh, those girls... I never could decide which I liked better. Flip a coin... Heads, I win; tails , I win!!!   lol

(12-23-2021, 12:22 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

Probably my favorite ABBA tune along with "Waterloo."

The ABBA girls, I meant. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot
One of my favorite 80's bands...  go head ,    fight me!!!

One of the best opening lyrics ever:  "You got me all screwed up! " Tony Lewis(RIP) was truly one of the memorable voices of 80's rock.

How many of us, even you Jet, have sang, "Josie's on a vacation far away" ?  One of the mot memorable openings to any 80's song.

Okay, my girl back in the day thought I must be gay because I listened to this duo. I couldn't help it. Such catchy pop and one of the most gorgeous women of the 80's .   I miss Marie(RIP). She was not only beautiful but talented as well. Long live the 80's!!!

It's a tragedy for me to think that I listened to this and liked it... AND STILL DO!!!   

RIP  Rob ...

I don't know if I'd blame it on the rain... or the tattered jeans... or the dance moves... or the fact that I did well with the girls whenever I put on some Rob and Fab(I know, I know, it wasn't really them singing); whatever the reason, I liked it  and I miss it...

I love this song.

I like you all Bryan Adams and Steve Perry. They sing several songs that I love.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • jetpilot
This was one of my favorite songs when I was a kid. I still have the 45.

I also wore this song out on the turn table. I still have it as well, but haven't listen to a record in over 30 years.

I really like this song a lot.

OMG Air Supply lol...

I like Air Supply too. LOL!!!! We are a bunch of squares.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • jetpilot
(12-23-2021, 05:37 PM)Westside Wrote: I like Air Supply too.  LOL!!!!  We are a bunch of squares.

Hey, I've never subscribed to the notion that a person shouldn't like or listen to this or that group because they are cheesy or bubble gum or whatever. If the music makes you feel good, hey, that's all that matters.  Hell, I liked Ah Ha's "Take on Me."   Smile

Jim Steinmann wrote Air Supply's "Making Love Out of Nothing at All" and Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart," as well as a lot of stuff for Meatloaf. I love his writing.

Bonnie, along with Kim Carnes, had that sultry, raspy voice. Loved it.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot
(12-23-2021, 05:37 PM)Westside Wrote: I like Air Supply too.  LOL!!!!  We are a bunch of squares.
Absolutely Westy!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Westside
"beer near me, beer near..."

David Douglas
2 years ago
The message is perfectly simple: there’ll never be another amazing decade like the 80s