Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Pikeville at Corbin 8/19/22 in the Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic
(01-07-2022, 01:06 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 07:00 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Think the bozos  on the sidelines for Corbin can come up with a competent game strategy for the Panthers in the eight months they have to prepare?  Doubtful. After what I saw in the JC game, I'm saying we see much of the same from the Corbin "brain"trusts. Hell, the coaches will be fighting among themselves before practice begins.
Beer is on me OSH.

I look forward to it, my friend.   Would have loved to have seen this game this past season but better late than never.  Would like to see Corbin and Pikeville play more often.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, Patriot1
(01-07-2022, 10:25 AM)fansville Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 01:04 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Best Class A schedule ever with 2 spots to fill.
We are blessed to witness the second golden age of PHS football.
It is epic and the Panthers are approaching legendary status statewide.

Pikeville has a great program no doubt but “epic” and “legendary status” statewide is getting very carried away for a program that has won 3 state championships since 1990. They still have a decade worth of championships to win to even get close to “legendary” status statewide.

To compare, unless I miscounted, Trinity has 16 titles, Beechwood has 15, Boyle has 9 and Belfry has 8 in that same time period since 1990.
Pikeville has a very good program, and is certainly the class of 1A, but they struggled to put away a very average Russellville team in the finals, and lost to a sub .500 Hazard team in the playoffs last year. Be proud and happy with the program you have, but terms such as “epic” and “legendary” are getting a little out over the skis.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KentuckyHillBilly5321's post:
  • Gitback Coach
Amen to that KY Hillbilly. Good gosh. You’d think they beat everyone 100-0 the way they act.
I don’t see it that way. I see a passionate fan base that loves football. If they want to call themselves Legendary than so be it. They got a lot to be proud of and more to come. I’m a fan of the program. That Russellville team was better than advertised. That was a good game, I watched it. I think Pikeville will be the team to beat in 1A for a while.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Big Five-0-
(01-08-2022, 05:42 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I don’t see it that way. I see a passionate fan base that loves football. If they want to call themselves Legendary than so be it. They got a lot to be proud of and more to come. I’m a fan of the program. That Russellville team was better than advertised. That was a good game, I watched it. I think Pikeville will be the team to beat in 1A for a while.

Russellville was tied at 0-0 going into the 4th quarter against NCC. The same NCC team I watched Beechwood beat by 63 just 3 weeks before that. Russellville was an average team in a bad 1A. Pikeville is clearly the best team in 1A, and they should be proud of their program, but 1A is about as bad as it’s ever been top to bottom.
  • Gitback Coach
Love the schedule for the Panthers...they may lose a few along the way especially while breaking in a new QB but this schedule will have them prepared for a run to repeat come playoff time.

If Pikeville is looking too add a few more games to the schedule I would really like too see them finish the schedule with possibly 2 or 3 of the following schools......Ashland, Middlesboro, Somerset, Danville, Johnson Central, East Carter, Letcher Central
4A vs 1A
(01-08-2022, 05:05 PM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote: Pikeville has a very good program, and is certainly the class of 1A, but they struggled to put away a very average Russellville team in the finals, and lost to a sub .500 Hazard team in the playoffs last year. Be proud and happy with the program you have, but terms such as “epic” and “legendary” are getting a little out over the skis.
Pikeville barely won another state championship. LOL! And they lost a playoff game one time. haha The negative Nellies on here are too funny, I can picture them sitting at their computers dabbing their eyes with tissue. Pikeville is one of the top programs in KY in any class, that is just a fact. The haters can eat it and continue to suffer while Pikeville continues to pile up the wins.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Hambley
Hardly a hater, I’m a realist. My guys have 16 State Titles and have won 5 titles in the last 6 years including a 3 peat and back to back. Pikeville has a great program, but they haven’t quite reached epic and legendary status. Trinity, Highlands, Beechwood, St X, Mayfield, Danville, Boyle, Cov Cath, Belfry, and a couple others all have more titles than Pikeville. As a Beechwood guy, I have nothing but respect for Pikeville, but put together a string of titles before we start using words like epic and legendary.
[-] The following 2 users Like KentuckyHillBilly5321's post:
  • Hatz, Jack Lambert
1. You missed "approaching"
2. Cry more

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! Funny you tried to start counting titles in 1990 after Pikeville demolished your Beechies in '87 '88 and '89 while winning titles. They were stringing together titles while you were still in Pampers.
What’s the all time record of Beechwood against Pikeville in the finals?
That’s right, it’s 2-1in favor of the Tigers!!
As far as your 3 straight wins from 87-89, you must have forgotten that Beechwood beat Pikeville in the post season 8 straight times, including 7 times in the 90’s, and many of those were ass kickings by the Tigers.
Again, Pikeville has a great program, but dominate 1A before you talk about Legendary.
  • Hatz
(01-09-2022, 06:06 PM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote: What’s the all time record of Beechwood against Pikeville in the finals?
That’s right, it’s 2-1in favor of the Tigers!!
As far as your 3 straight wins from 87-89, you must have forgotten that Beechwood beat Pikeville in the post season 8 straight times, including 7 times in the 90’s, and many of those were ass kickings by the Tigers.
Again, Pikeville has a great program, but dominate 1A before you talk about Legendary.
Save some money and buy tissue in bulk
One of my favorite games. 3rd straight dismantling of Beechwood in 1989. Loudest Pikeville away crowd ever.

• Bull got out!
Reaching deep into the archives!!
All time record since I believe 1972 is 12-5 in favor of Beechwood.
16 Titles for the Tigers
6 for Pikeville

I’m sure I could find plenty of videos of Beechwood wearing Pikeville’s ass out, since it happened a lot after 89, but I will let you dig up old videos of games from 32 years ago!!
(01-09-2022, 06:38 PM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote: Reaching deep into the archives!!
All time record since I believe 1972 is 12-5 in favor of Beechwood.
16 Titles for the Tigers
6 for Pikeville

I’m sure I could find plenty of videos of Beechwood wearing Pikeville’s ass out, since it happened a lot after 89, but I will let you dig up old videos of games from 32 years ago!!
Nice to see a Beechwood fan crying on a Pikeville thread. WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

hehehe
  • pjdoug
(01-07-2022, 10:03 PM)ICoach00 Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 03:05 PM)I Panther Thunder Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 02:07 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Pikeville playing Corbin, Cov Cath, Belfry and I assume LCA? That’s an absolute gauntlet to start the season, plus add an always tough Hazard team and will Paintsville still be on the schedule? Definitely gonna have a new qb ready by November with those early season tests.
@ Corbin (CFPC)
vs Covington Catholic (PCB)
@ Paintsville
OPEN
vs Belfry
vs LCA
vs Madison Central
@ Sayre
OPEN
vs Hazard
OPEN

Panthers still looking to fill a couple slots.
Were Phelps at the schedule
Corbin wins in a good one!!
I'd like to see Pikeville keep Wheelersburg on the schedule or if they go out of state get a school out of the Johnson City/Kingsport area like Science Hill or Dobyns Bennett. I'd like Belfry to do the same.
This ol grey hair has been a Pikeville fan since way back when and i've never seen a gauntlet of a schedule like this for the Panthers. Possibly add in a couple more good opponents, and if that won't get a Pikeville football team that returns some great talent ready for the playoffs, i don't know what will. Going to be a great season for the Panthers!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
(01-06-2022, 06:08 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: Pikeville probably has a few recruits coming in as usual.

Dude you should come to the Pikeville boosters recruiting meetings. Every second Tuesday of the month LOL. You do get that nobody at Pikeville actually recruits right? I know that term gets thrown around a lot, but the bottom line is when you are good people want to be a part of it. Also throw in the fact that facilities and academics are second to none I get why kids want to come to Pikeville.

(01-08-2022, 08:18 PM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote:
(01-08-2022, 05:42 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I don’t see it that way. I see a passionate fan base that loves football. If they want to call themselves Legendary than so be it. They got a lot to be proud of and more to come. I’m a fan of the program. That Russellville team was better than advertised. That was a good game, I watched it. I think Pikeville will be the team to beat in 1A for a while.

Russellville was tied at 0-0 going into the 4th quarter against NCC.  The same NCC team I watched Beechwood beat by 63 just 3 weeks before that.  Russellville was an average team in a bad 1A. Pikeville is clearly the best team in 1A, and they should be proud of their program, but 1A is about as bad as it’s ever been top to bottom.

Its not that 1A is bad or down. With 6 classes you are gonna have 2-4 teams every year that can win a state title and its gonna stay that way. No more Beechwood and consolidation has watered it down a great deal. Today doesnt even compare to the 90's competition wise.
It would be great if Wheelersburg came to Pikeville next season. If I remember correctly Pikeville was trying to find a game and Wheelersburg stepped up and it was a great game...I was very impressed with their program. I know it wasn't scheduled as a home and home but I would love too see the 2 teams play again next season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • jetpilot
While you all arguing on here pikeville just got another recruit. Bypass the khsaa. They are eligible.
wh17 sent me a nasty PM on this one lol...must be major.
So who is the new kid? I’ll be honest I’m in the dark.
(02-25-2022, 01:02 AM)jetpilot Wrote: wh17 sent me a nasty PM on this one lol...must be major.
Hell nobody even knows who he/she is a fan of they just like to go off on everybody usually lol
Who's the recruiting coordinator at Pikeville?
(02-26-2022, 03:41 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Who's the recruiting coordinator at Pikeville?
He is former long-time assistant to the Belfry recruiting coordiator. Really knows his stuff. I think his name is Mr. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, TD Hounds
(02-26-2022, 11:07 AM) Wrote:
(02-26-2022, 03:41 AM)pirateforlife Wrote: Who's the recruiting coordinator at Pikeville?
He is former long-time assistant to the Belfry recruiting coordiator. Really knows his stuff. I think his name is Mr. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

[quote pid="2349636" dateline="1645884473"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Why, Did you want the job?  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot