Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Johnson Central 2022
(02-22-2022, 01:51 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
(02-22-2022, 09:19 AM)jgreenlhc Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 04:01 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 01:16 PM)jgreenlhc Wrote: Can anyone post their 2022 schedule?

Any word on a schedule?

This is what I have so far.
JOHNSON CENTRAL
8/19/2022
8/26/2022
9/2/2022
9/10/2022 A Ironton (SAT)
9/16/2022
9/23/2022 A Clay County, KY (District)
9/30/2022
10/7/2022 H Perry County Central (District)
10/14/2022 A Harlan County (District)
10/21/2022 H Letcher County Central (District)
10/28/2022 H Belfry

Anyone know the rest?
I believe one of those top open date will be at the Bluegrass Bowl in Lexington vs Fern Creek HS.
Is this for sure a opponent?
(02-23-2022, 07:25 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(02-22-2022, 01:51 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
(02-22-2022, 09:19 AM)jgreenlhc Wrote:
(02-17-2022, 04:01 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 01:16 PM)jgreenlhc Wrote: Can anyone post their 2022 schedule?

Any word on a schedule?

This is what I have so far.
JOHNSON CENTRAL
8/19/2022
8/26/2022
9/2/2022
9/10/2022 A Ironton (SAT)
9/16/2022
9/23/2022 A Clay County, KY (District)
9/30/2022
10/7/2022 H Perry County Central (District)
10/14/2022 A Harlan County (District)
10/21/2022 H Letcher County Central (District)
10/28/2022 H Belfry

Anyone know the rest?
I believe one of those top open date will be at the Bluegrass Bowl in Lexington vs Fern Creek HS.
Is this for sure a opponent?
If you're asking me, I would say yes. Lex Cath was suppose to play JC last year at this bowl game, but covid hit. Henry Clay played Fern Creek, so I'm assuming and most likely will flip the teams. The only thing I can see if JC plays Henry Clay again and Fern Creek vs LC.
Just would like to see them get their schedule filled inside the state rather than not getting a game. Didn't know if this was official but I can see what you are getting at about the Bowl games. Nice.
If someone is on the JC Staff that reads on here and JC still needs holes filled in the schedule, please send me a PM.

I might potentially be able to help with getting you an opponent this year if you still need one.

Would be a good competitive out of state team that has played in back to back State Championship games and has a very good team returning that is struggling to fill a schedule themselves.
Losing Rice at QB is bigger than most think. Even if he doesn’t throw the ball that much he runs the offense to perfection.
When is the new Johnson Central supposed to be completed? Will the new school include new athletic facilities?
(03-03-2022, 10:22 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: Losing Rice at QB is bigger than most think. Even if he doesn’t throw the ball that much he runs the offense to perfection.

I agree. I don’t think anybody will run the offense better than Ryley Preece did. But Grant Rice did one heck of a job filling Ryley’s shoes. 

JC needs somebody to step up at QB and keep the offense rolling. It doesn’t help that they are going to have to replace a big chunk of their offensive line as well. That will be a big challenge for Coach Peck and the staff.
(03-05-2022, 02:34 PM)Mister D Wrote:
(03-03-2022, 10:22 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: Losing Rice at QB is bigger than most think. Even if he doesn’t throw the ball that much he runs the offense to perfection.

I agree. I don’t think anybody will run the offense better than Ryley Preece did. But Grant Rice did one heck of a job filling Ryley’s shoes. 

JC needs somebody to step up at QB and keep the offense rolling. It doesn’t help that they are going to have to replace a big chunk of their offensive line as well. That will be a big challenge for Coach Peck and the staff.

I agree with this, if the offense was going to be 100% the same as years past.  I have a feeling that it will be a little different in 2022.  Im not saying crazy different, still 80% what JC is know for, but some new wrinkles and such.  

2022 was going to be a retool year anyways just with the loss of talent, many younger guys will be stepping up this year.  Its going to be an exciting year to watch from afar.
I don't look for this year's offense to be any more different from last year's offense than it would have been under Coach Matney. There is too much talent returning in the backfield for Coach Peck to do more than tweak the offense to match the available talent. If most of the staff returns this fall, then I expect that next season will go much like past seasons when JC has had heavy losses on the line or replaced a graduated QB. It will take a few games for the offense to get going full throttle as the staff works on the timing among new players and players who switch positions from last season and that only happens through repetition.

It is going to be interesting to see how Coach Peck handles the surplus of talented running backs this season. If he does elect to pass more this season, then I would expect to see one or two of the returning running backs to see some playing time as an end, if not at QB. The team could either pass a little more or call more running plays for the QB this season - both things that Coach Matney did in the past, based on the personnel available. One thing is certain, the offensive line is going to need some time to develop and nobody expects JC not to miss Grant Bingham, Owen Lemaster, and the other linemen who graduated.

Who is expected to start at QB this fall, or will that be decided during spring practice or over the summer?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • ekywildcat
New coach peck will do a great job at Johnson central. They have some pieces to fill but have talent to do so. Johnson central wil be right there in Kroger field again next year.
Aug 19 vs. Lafayette (at Henry Clay Mingua Beef Jerky Bowl)
Aug 26 vs. Fern Creek (at Lexington Catholic Bluegrass Bowl)
Sep 2 at North Laurel
Sep 10 at Ironton (OH)
Sep 16 vs. Waverly (OH)
Sep 23 at Clay County (D)
Sep 30 - BYE
Oct 7 vs. Perry County Central (D)
Oct 14 at Harlan County (D)
Oct 21 vs. Letcher County Central (D)
Oct 28 vs. Belfry
(06-06-2022, 10:14 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Aug 19 vs. Lafayette (at Henry Clay Mingua Beef Jerky Bowl)
Aug 26 vs. Fern Creek (at Lexington Catholic Bluegrass Bowl)
Sep 2 at North Laurel
Sep 10 at Ironton (OH)
Sep 16 vs. Waverly (OH)
Sep 23 at Clay County (D)
Sep 30 - BYE
Oct 7 vs. Perry County Central (D)
Oct 14 at Harlan County (D)
Oct 21 vs. Letcher County Central (D)
Oct 28 vs. Belfry
No home games till mid September? If they have to travel in November they will have long trips under their belt for sure.
Unless Belfry takes them out in the last game, JC is looking to go undefeated. I want to see the new look or if its more of the same on offense. I know the defense will be the classic JC defense. Its just the offense, I want to see if its the classic JC offense or a new wrinkle in the system. Next year they might have a ton of home games to start the season.
Word on the block is that JC went to Pond Creek and snatched a few lineman. We shall see when season starts.
[-] The following 2 users Like MountainMamba's post:
  • Bull got out!, WhomTheBellTolls
(06-24-2022, 03:23 PM)MountainMamba Wrote: Word on the block is that JC went to Pond Creek and snatched a few lineman. We shall see when season starts.

that’s what we like to hear .. get them away from belfry
(06-24-2022, 03:23 PM)MountainMamba Wrote: Word on the block is that JC went to Pond Creek and snatched a few lineman. We shall see when season starts.

That’s an interesting move, unless the families just moved to Paintsville. It seems like Belfry has an easier road to a state championship.
If JC's line is as good as it usually is, I will be surprised if the team does not lead the state in several rushing stats this season. The running clock rule may be the only thing standing between JC and some state rushing records, as the team's number of rushing attempts will be restricted.
Top Johnson Central Returning Running Back Stats

Code:

Yards   Rushing   Net Yds      TDs Scored     
                           Games  Rush      Net     per     TDs per   Rushing      per
Jersey   Player            Played Attempts  Yards   Carry   Scored    per Game     Game
2     McCoart, Zack          12  121       1287    10.64    18       107.2         1.5
48    Price, Chase           13  112        834     7.45    14        64.2         1.1
1     Conley, Carter         13   67        611     9.12     9        47           0.7
26    Lawson, Mason           2   23        287    12.48     1       143.5         0.5
6     Campbell, Cole          7   10         78     7.80     0        11.1         0
Will they be rushing more than they always do? I mean they run the ball 95% of the time. Are you saying they may literally not attempt any passes at all next year?
(06-25-2022, 09:05 PM)BEChargers Wrote: Will they be rushing more than they always do?  I mean they run the ball 95% of the time.  Are you saying they may literally not attempt any passes at all next year?
I don't know what changes Coach Peck might make to the offense but Mason Lawson averaged 7.5 ypc in 2019, 9.8 ypc in 2020, and he was averaging 12.5 ypc when he was sidelined for the season last year. Zack McCoart averaged 10.6 ypc last season and led the team in rushing.

If Lawson has fully recovered from surgery, and if Conley and Price improve over last season, it will have to be tempting to keep the ball on the ground on almost every play. I don't know if JC has ever had three 1,000 yard rushers in a season, but I believe that is a real possibility this season, depending on how the carries are distributed. Johnson Central always have some great running backs in the pipeline, so one of the younger running backs that I didn't list could have a breakout season.

I am looking forward to see how this team develops and would love to see them back in the state finals.
First I’ve heard of this one. I’ve heard of a ton of rumors on pond creek but not this one lol
Maybe that state championship they just won p!ssed them all off lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • DarthVader
(06-26-2022, 01:25 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Maybe that state championship they just won p!ssed them all off lol

That’ll do it every time! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes DarthVader's post:
  • jetpilot
(06-26-2022, 01:25 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Maybe that state championship they just won p!ssed them all off lol
To be honest I’ve almost every lineman that will see playing time has been at summer workouts so I don’t know which ones they would be referring to. So if there are in fact 2 linemen leaving for JC, probably won’t be much of a loss if it’s not 2 of the ones thst have been at summer workouts.
(06-26-2022, 02:39 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
To be honest I’ve almost every lineman that will see playing time has been at summer workouts so I don’t know which ones they would be referring to. So if there are in fact 2 linemen leaving for JC, probably won’t be much of a loss if it’s not 2 of the ones thst have been at summer workouts.

Good news! Wish the Pirates well!
It wasn’t linemen. It was supposed to be 2 skill kids and one linemen.

There was a PE job posted last week so that points to onmy one last name.
They will definitely be dominant again especially in Eastern KY. There Oline has to take a big step back because that was one of the best high school Olines I have ever seen. They have a stable of really talented RB's. What I'm interested in seeing is if JC can keep this level of team the next 4 or 5 years when all of Matneys players are gone. Losing the best coach in the state is a huge loss.
(06-27-2022, 02:35 PM)RTruth Wrote: It wasn’t linemen. It was supposed to be 2 skill kids and one linemen.

There was a PE job posted last week so that points to onmy one last name.
Now that could have had some legs to it lol