Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential Black UK uniforms
mrfootball03 Wrote:looks like a duke copied uniform...

Totally Agree...:Thumbs:

Terrible.

If you have to pick an alternate uniform color, why not change the "home white" to "silver". Silver & Blue instead of Black and Blue. Just a thought.
Everyone does realize exactly why UK is doing this, right?

One reason: $$$$$

This will definitely lead to an increase in sales of UK apparel this holiday season, what with all the kids asking their parents for "that cool new black UK jersey".

Maybe it would've been more appropriate if they had the alternate uniform be green...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Everyone does realize exactly why UK is doing this, right?

One reason: $$$$$

This will definitely lead to an increase in sales of UK apparel this holiday season, what with all the kids asking their parents for "that cool new black UK jersey".

Maybe it would've been more appropriate if they had the alternate uniform be green...

you realize UK isn't doing this..
i say away jerseys.

change the black to white for home
looks to much like Duke
I dont think it really matters about the color of the uniform. Good grief people, its a UNIFORM, it doesnt mean anything. Im so sick of all the tradition talk. As long as UK wins, what the hell does it matter what color uniforms they wear.
I don't like them. UK is Royal Blue and White. Don't make Rupp start spinning in his grave.
mrfootball03 Wrote:you realize UK isn't doing this..

You realize what school's name is on the jersey, right? Rolleyes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:I dont think it really matters about the color of the uniform. Good grief people, its a UNIFORM, it doesnt mean anything. Im so sick of all the tradition talk. As long as UK wins, what the hell does it matter what color uniforms they wear.

Why do you whine and cry around about everything on this site?
Redneck Wrote:Why do you whine and cry around about everything on this site?

I don't know why he does, but try to find out in a PM instead of turning this thread into a cage match. :eek: Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:I don't know why he does, but try to find out in a PM instead of turning this thread into a cage match. :eek: Big Grin

:thumpsup: Sorry dude.
Redneck Wrote::thumpsup: Sorry dude.

:thumpsup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Like a previous post, I would like to bring back the gray Retro uniforms.
How is what I said considered whining? I was simply stating how I feel about the things you other people whine about. Like for instance, this topic. If anyone is whining its you people. Why does it matter what color uniforms UK wears? All that matters is that they play hard and win some games.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:How is what I said considered whining? I was simply stating how I feel about the things you other people whine about. Like for instance, this topic. If anyone is whining its you people. Why does it matter what color uniforms UK wears? All that matters is that they play hard and win some games.

Because of TRADITION...
To much black for me. Stick with the traditional BIG BLUE AND WHITE baby.
Hate them.
Midee1 Wrote:I'm guessing it's empty......Smile

Believe it or not, it is still sealed and full. it is sitting on my gun cabinet next to the "Unforgettables" Maker's Mark bottle, which is signed by Pelphrey, Farmer, Woods and Feldhouse. Ain't never opening them.
stay traditional!!! BLUE AND WHITE!
OffTheHook Wrote:Believe it or not, it is still sealed and full. it is sitting on my gun cabinet next to the "Unforgettables" Maker's Mark bottle, which is signed by Pelphrey, Farmer, Woods and Feldhouse. Ain't never opening them.

Better not invite me over to the house then, lol...
More Cowbell Wrote:You realize what school's name is on the jersey, right? Rolleyes

yep, but UK's already released thier uniforms for this year...
mrfootball03 Wrote:yep, but UK's already released thier uniforms for this year...

Nike may be who is making the jersey, but UK still has to sign off on it as it has their school name on it.

And this will have a financial impact on UK, who will assuredly see sales of their offically licensed apparel skyrocket this winter.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Nike may be who is making the jersey, but UK still has to sign off on it as it has their school name on it.

And this will have a financial impact on UK, who will assuredly see sales of their offically licensed apparel skyrocket this winter.

no, at the press conference with billy g, they already showed all of thier uniforms off... the black is not a go
Redneck Wrote:Better not invite me over to the house then, lol...

Their close to the guns! So their safe! lol
Are we actually going to wear them?
I think that it would be cool!!!!!
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I don't like them. UK is Royal Blue and White. Don't make Rupp start spinning in his grave.
I hate to tell you but with the all the attention the football team is getting hes already spinning in his grave...and I for one love it.
OffTheHook Wrote:Their close to the guns! So their safe! lol

That's where I'd have em too, lol.
mrfootball03 Wrote:no, at the press conference with billy g, they already showed all of thier uniforms off... the black is not a go

I never said that they would wear them this year, I don't know about that. Read again, I said UK had to sign off on the jerseys, since they have their school name on them.

And once again I will say that UK will see a financial benefit from this, as they will get more money as more of their officially licensed apparel is sold.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't really like it too much. I agree that it is too much like Duke's unis. However, more cowbell you are right saying that the economic potenial it through the roof.
I think it looks pretty cool but, when it ocmes to UK i love seeing the Blue and White.