Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Realignment 2022
I'd say Pikeville will be close to being class AA. My guess is they probably have 190+ boys in grades 9-12. That's up there with a lot of current AA schools, like Prestonsburg, who probably has about 220 boys.
Belfry has made their living in the weak 3A. They want no part of Beechwood LCA Mayfield and others. Or Pikeville for that matter.

But for the BS'ers on here by all means put Belfry and Pikeville in the same district. If Belfry loses to Pikeville again they should drop Pikeville and pick up Jenkins.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(05-09-2022, 10:45 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Belfry has made their living in the weak 3A. They want no part of Beechwood LCA Mayfield and others. Or Pikeville for that matter.

But for the BS'ers on here by all means put Belfry and Pikeville in the same district. If Belfry loses to Pikeville again they should drop Pikeville and pick up Jenkins.

Belfry is mediocre at best Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • jetpilot
(05-09-2022, 10:45 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Belfry has made their living in the weak 3A. They want no part of Beechwood LCA Mayfield and others. Or Pikeville for that matter.

Pretty sure Belfry is ahead in that match up over the last 10 years and until last year did Pikeville ever win by more than a touchdown? Because I know for sure Belfry beat the breaks off Pikeville a few times in the last 10 years.
(05-09-2022, 10:54 PM)fansville Wrote:

Pretty sure Belfry is ahead in that match up over the last 10 years and until last year did Pikeville ever win by more than a touchdown? Because I know for sure Belfry beat the breaks off Pikeville a few times in the last 10 years.
The Breaks is between Elkhorn City KY and Haysi VA. Maybe you meant brakes. Pikeville owns Belfry now. Belfry needs a win to keep the rivalry going.
https://www.breakspark.com/
https://www.breakspark.com/splash-in-the-park
(05-09-2022, 10:59 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

The Breaks is between Elkhorn City KY and Haysi VA. Maybe you meant brakes. Pikeville owns Belfry now. Belfry needs a win to keep the rivalry going.

Typo police, strong work.

So now owning someone is winning 3 in a row with 2 of those wins being a touchdown or less??? Did you miss the games when Belfry won by a total of 146-34 the 3 years before that? That stretch would be the prime example of the brakes being beaten off that I was referring to.
(05-09-2022, 11:09 PM)fansville Wrote:

So now owning someone is winning 3 in a row with 2 of those wins being a touchdown or less??? Did you miss the games when Belfry won by a total of 146-34 the 3 years before that? That stretch would be the prime example of the brakes being beaten off that I was referring to.
Spelling police pointing out weak spelling work. I remember the old days when Belfry won, but that was when a cup of coffee cost 25c. Pikeville owns Belfry, and the game that's still fresh in my mind is 26-0 at Belfry a few months ago...and news for you, a close win is a win and the other team LOST. Your team needs to make it a rivalry again or schedule Jenkins.
(05-09-2022, 11:16 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Spelling police pointing out weak spelling work. I remember the old days when Belfry won, but that was when a cup of coffee cost 25c. Pikeville owns Belfry, and the game that's still fresh in my mind is 26-0 at Belfry a few months ago...and news for you, a close win is a win and the other team LOST. Your team needs to make it a rivalry again or schedule Jenkins.

whatever, you win that one, maybe you can get you a spelling bee championship trophy to go with all of those all A classic ones. Remind me, were you the same guy who a while back tried to compare Pikeville’s recent class A success to Trinity’s dynasty?

Speak for yourself, Jenkins' all-time record vs the Pirates is 11-12-2.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Real Badman's post:
  • jetpilot
(05-09-2022, 11:24 PM)fansville Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 10:54 PM)fansville Wrote: Pretty sure Belfry is ahead in that match up over the last 10 years and until last year did Pikeville ever win by more than a touchdown? Because I know for sure Belfry beat the breaks off Pikeville a few times in the last 10 years.

whatever, you win that one, maybe you can get you a spelling bee championship trophy to go with all of those all A classic ones. Remind me, were you the same guy who a while back tried to compare Pikeville’s recent class A success to Trinity’s dynasty?
LOL yes we win a ton of championships and all the spelling bees
(05-09-2022, 11:28 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 10:59 PM)jetpilot Wrote: The Breaks is between Elkhorn City KY and Haysi VA. Maybe you meant brakes. Pikeville owns Belfry now. Belfry needs a win to keep the rivalry going.

I'm a Panther and a spelling bee champ.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • jetpilot
(05-10-2022, 12:09 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 11:28 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 11:09 PM)fansville Wrote: Typo police, strong work.

I'm a Panther and a spelling bee champ.
For sure! A gentleman and a scholar.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • pjdoug
I'll be curious about W.E.B. DuBois in Jefferson Co that had a freshman team last season. I imagine they will play varsity this year but could possibly just field a JV team as the oldest kids in their building are only 10th graders. I wonder what class they will be in and for how long...

The other school will be the consolidated Hoptown will surely be 6A but how does that ripple effect impact other 6A WKY schools? If 6A is the largest 32 teams some others will have to move down or will they add more than 32 to 6A?