Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Realignment 2022
(01-13-2022, 01:22 PM)Buffs19 Wrote: Word is the 2022 realignment will not be using the current enrollment numbers due to Covid and the issues it has caused.  The numbers will be closer to those used for the 2019 realignment.
I would think they would still have enrollment records, whether at school or not, to use for a more accurate count to classify. This could give advantages to some teams whose numbers were trending way up.
(01-13-2022, 04:21 PM)16 special Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 01:22 PM)Buffs19 Wrote: Word is the 2022 realignment will not be using the current enrollment numbers due to Covid and the issues it has caused.  The numbers will be closer to those used for the 2019 realignment.
I would think they would still have enrollment records, whether at school or not, to use for a more accurate count to classify. This could give advantages to some teams whose numbers were trending way up.
Anything to keep Fredrick Douglas in 5A
[-] The following 2 users Like Fan of many's post:
  • chuck1942501, Runnin' Clock
(01-12-2022, 08:07 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 12:14 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 11:30 AM)16 special Wrote: Anyone know when the realignment will start to be discussed? Any predictions on who will move up or down?

North Laurel more than likely will move up from 5A to 6A

And now the answer as to why Larkey so abruptly went back to Rock, don’t blame him….

What was abrupt about it? He applied to the vacant job at Rock, was hired, and resigned at North Laurel. No more or less abrupt than any other offseason hire.
Any 13th region teams dropping to 3A and joining Bell?
(01-14-2022, 12:25 AM)ArJay Wrote: Any 13th region teams dropping to 3A and joining Bell?

Clay County can’t be too far away.
I was hoping Bullitt East may drop to 5a this next round but they are only getting bigger. Turns out they've gotten a good bit bigger in the last three years. They now have almost 1600 students and over 500 freshman alone. Instead of going down they've actually gone up. Might be one of the top three biggest public schools in the state in 4 or 5 years. So I guess it's 6A to stay unless they build a new high school.

I think Boyle will possible go back to 3A if they so choose.
(01-14-2022, 11:33 AM)BEChargers Wrote: I was hoping Bullitt East may drop to 5a this next round but they are only getting bigger.  Turns out they've gotten a good bit bigger in the last three years.  They now have almost 1600 students and over 500 freshman alone.  Instead of going down they've actually gone up.  Might be one of the top three biggest public schools in the state in 4 or 5 years.  So I guess it's 6A to stay unless they build a new high school.

I think BC and LC would go wherever the other team goes. They go hand in hand as far as the football district. LC can't seem to get away from BC lol.
(01-14-2022, 12:46 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 11:33 AM)BEChargers Wrote: I was hoping Bullitt East may drop to 5a this next round but they are only getting bigger.  Turns out they've gotten a good bit bigger in the last three years.  They now have almost 1600 students and over 500 freshman alone.  Instead of going down they've actually gone up.  Might be one of the top three biggest public schools in the state in 4 or 5 years.  So I guess it's 6A to stay unless they build a new high school.

I think BC and LC would go wherever the other team goes. They go hand in hand as far as the football district. LC can't seem to get away from BC lol.

Lincoln got away from them for the last 3 years. Same class and 10 miles apart and not in same district or had to play in the playoffs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • A Tribe Called Quest
(01-14-2022, 01:28 PM)BEChargers Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 12:46 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:

Lincoln got away from them for the last 3 years.  Same class and 10 miles apart and not in same district or had to play in the playoffs.
And to be honest, I am not even sure BC and LC will go in a different direction from each other comes realignment. Anderson Co and Bourbon Co might go in a different route in class.
Will be interesting to see if Boyle plays in 3A which will probably be the class they are supposed to play in or if they petition to play up in 4A.
(01-14-2022, 05:15 PM)BEChargers Wrote: Will be interesting to see if Boyle plays in 3A which will probably be the class they are supposed to play in or if they petition to play up in 4A.

Boy if they went to 3A, it would be 20 championships in 10 more years. Wow!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Jack Lambert
(01-14-2022, 07:24 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 05:15 PM)BEChargers Wrote: Will be interesting to see if Boyle plays in 3A which will probably be the class they are supposed to play in or if they petition to play up in 4A.

Boy if they went to 3A, it would be 20 championships in 10 more years. Wow!

Maybe…..Unless Pikeville moved to 3A
(01-14-2022, 02:42 AM)UKCC Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 12:25 AM)ArJay Wrote: Any 13th region teams dropping to 3A and joining Bell?

Clay County can’t be too far away.
That would be great to play them again!
I don't get it. Schools have been open all year. Send in the enrollments and go from there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HCS's post:
  • BobcatForever
(01-14-2022, 10:52 PM)HCS Wrote: I don't get it. Schools have been open all year. Send in the enrollments and go from there.
I would think they have the enrollment numbers...that is what their funding is based on.
You would think so, but the KHSAA hasn't updated them in two years. Makes no sense to just stop keeping up with basic numbers.
I would like to see a day where we have a district of Bell, Harlan County, Knox, and Clay.
(01-15-2022, 01:25 PM)ArJay Wrote: I would like to see a day where we have a district of Bell, Harlan County, Knox, and Clay.

Clay is probably the smallest 4A in the area and could possibly drop but I don't think Harlan County makes that big of a drop anytime soon because they are still considerably larger than schools like Clay and Bell in terms of enrollment. It will be interesting to see how the new alignments play out.
Looks like khsaa has another meeting this week (20th). Think this will be on the agenda?
I would almost bet money that Estill and Powell will be in the same district.
(01-13-2022, 12:50 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 12:46 PM)TheBear Wrote: First, I wish the KHSAA would go ahead and redistrict before next season and go on a two year realignment rather than a four.    However, that a discussion for a different thread.  I really only looked at 1A and 2A.  I see Crittenden County moving up and Ballard Memorial taking their place in District 1.  I could see Middlesboro and Pikeville possibly swapping classifications as well; but will be close.

That would be an interesting swap. I think Middlesboro could be competitive at state in 1A and I don't think Pikeville wants any part of the top of the 2A.

Are we calling Middlesboro TOP of 2A? I think the Panthers tried to play them this year.  Pikeville has battled with Beechwood for decades and would continue to do so. This year was a one off year were LCA and Beechwood were very good. Lets see what happens the next few years. Middelsboro better start playing a tougher schedule if they want to compete in 2A, this years schedule was soft at best.
Belfry really wouldn’t be one of the bigger 2A schools.  I don’t expect Julian to force them into 2A unless the administration requests the move.
(01-18-2022, 06:30 PM)Hambley Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 12:50 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 12:46 PM)TheBear Wrote: First, I wish the KHSAA would go ahead and redistrict before next season and go on a two year realignment rather than a four.    However, that a discussion for a different thread.  I really only looked at 1A and 2A.  I see Crittenden County moving up and Ballard Memorial taking their place in District 1.  I could see Middlesboro and Pikeville possibly swapping classifications as well; but will be close.

That would be an interesting swap. I think Middlesboro could be competitive at state in 1A and I don't think Pikeville wants any part of the top of the 2A.

Are we calling Middlesboro TOP of 2A? I think the Panthers tried to play them this year.  Pikeville has battled with Beechwood for decades and would continue to do so. This year was a one off year were LCA and Beechwood were very good. Lets see what happens the next few years. Middelsboro better start playing a tougher schedule if they want to compete in 2A, this years schedule was soft at best.

Middlesboro isn't top of 2A, but they're a decent 2A school. Drop them to 1A and they can compete.
Per khsaa meeting numbers won’t be known for realignment until beginning of 2022-2023 school year.
Question if Boyle county moves to 3 A who would be in their district ?
(01-25-2022, 07:13 PM)True pioneer Wrote: Question if Boyle county moves to 3 A who would be in their district ?

Would have to see how the rest of 3a plays out but possibly garrard, western hills and Mercer possibly
(01-15-2022, 01:25 PM)ArJay Wrote: I would like to see a day where we have a district of Bell, Harlan County, Knox, and Clay.

I miss the old school 3A district that was intact for a good while of Bell, Cawood, Whitley, Knox Central, and Rockcastle.
Pikeville should remain 1A. They still have some wiggle room before they would have to go 2A . Just looked up the numbers.
I’m interested to see how Mayfields numbers may look after the tornado and the candle factory that employed most of that town being destroyed. Mayfield has dropped to 1A a few different times in the past and would certainly have a valid reason to do so this time if enough people leave town.
Do we think the KHSAA will give an updated alignment in the May meeting? They should have all the numbers I would think.