Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Middle School BOYS basketball
I started a new thread because the other one was talking about girls, high school, and I don't know what so here you go.

What is the story on -

Belfry
Dorton
Elkhorn City
Feds Creek
Johns Creek
Kimper
Millard
Mullins
Phelps
Pikeville
Virgie
Belfry-only have 4-5 7th graders that played last year and lost 8-9 8th graders. Jury is still out(or is it?) if Varney can coach at all or just has had talent, as I felt they had the best talent in the ounty last year and 2nd best the year before #6 going in to the year. In my opinion they should never, ever be below #3 because of size

Dorton - 2nd best coach in the county solid AAU programs and always seems to win and get better #3 going into the year

Elkhorn City - talent just not there anymore, coaching consistency? #8 going into the year

Feds Creek - talent just not there anymore, coaching consistency? #7 going into the year

Johns Creek - should be best team in the county or at least competitive because of size but they do not put anything into athletics #5 going into the year

Kimper - too small of a school need to combine with JC #11 going into the year

Millard - they are good at home usually(they have very questionable refs EVERY GAME)but have they beaten anyone any good 4-5 years away from Millard? #4 going into the year

Mullins - no support and no coaching consistency #9 going into the year

Phelps - I think their best player from last year is at Belfry, but once again no coaching consistency and not a large talent pool. #10 going into the year

Pikeville - Clear cut #1 this year, 3rd best coach in the county, solid AAU programs and good support and never seem to drop off much in talent

Virgie - Best coach in the county solid AAU programs and might have the best player in the county in the tall, curly headed kid #33 I think. #2 going into the year.

Pre-Season rankings -

#1 -Pikeville
#2 - Virgie
#3 - Dorton
#4 - Millard
#5 - Johns Creek
#6 - Belfry
#7 - Feds Creek
#8 - Elkhorn City
#9 - Mullins
#10 - Phelps
#11 - Mullins
#1 -Pikeville
#2 - Virgie
#3 - Dorton
#4 - Millard
#5 - Johns Creek
#6 - Belfry
#7 - Feds Creek
#8 - Elkhorn City
#9 - Mullins
#10 - Phelps
#11 - Mullins

I would SERIOUSLY re-think this one... LOLOL.... Mullins can't be #11 and #9 on your poll can they??
phs1986 Wrote:#1 -Pikeville
#2 - Virgie
#3 - Dorton
#4 - Millard
#5 - Johns Creek
#6 - Belfry
#7 - Feds Creek
#8 - Elkhorn City
#9 - Mullins
#10 - Phelps
#11 - Mullins

I would SERIOUSLY re-think this one... LOLOL.... Mullins can't be #11 and #9 on your poll can they??

Your right that should be Kimper...lol

#1 -Pikeville
#2 - Virgie
#3 - Dorton
#4 - Millard
#5 - Johns Creek
#6 - Belfry
#7 - Feds Creek
#8 - Elkhorn City
#9 - Mullins
#10 - Phelps
#11 - Kimper
I wondered??? LOLOL....
I went to Kimper! I heard they were doing better this year. They actually won a game or two!
uhh belfry is gonna run the table with masters and the runyon kid hose 2 are unstoppable together
dorton should have a pretty good team this year... with cody bentley and logan lucas, two of your top outside shooters from last year, returning, the cats should come out with a winning season... plus, mr.davis is the greatest coach ever... good luck cats...
belfry is gonna run the table
bms has it wrapped up
pirate5 Wrote:belfry is gonna run the table

haha. too bad Pikeville was 21-0 last year beating belfry by 35+ points away. by 48 at home. And pikeville gets the whole team back. Belfry came close with Virgie. Pikeville also beat Virgie by 30+ points home and away.

They wont even get on the table
what the crap r u talking about pville beat bms 7th grade in a close game and pville dont have the whole team back unless there holdbacks
now now pirate fans dont get your panties in a wad!
coolcat Wrote:now now pirate fans dont get your panties in a wad!

haha. especially for basketball. LOL!!!!!
Pikeville has there whole team that was 7th graders returning this year they have county.
pirate5 Wrote:uhh belfry is gonna run the table with masters and the runyon kid hose 2 are unstoppable together

Yeah....Jared and Gary are really good and if Jord Hackney comes back this year they are gonna be almost unstoppable....i don't know for sure if he is gonna be playin' B-Ball this year....but P-Ville is gonna be a tough one to beat!!!
how many of pikevilles 8th graders from last year are going to pikeville? i know one of them went to pike central.
Pirate_16 Wrote:Yeah....Jared and Gary are really good and if Jord Hackney comes back this year they are gonna be almost unstoppable....i don't know for sure if he is gonna be playin' B-Ball this year....but P-Ville is gonna be a tough one to beat!!!

note to self Pirate 16. THEIR ALL FRESHMEN. this is middle school
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:how many of pikevilles 8th graders from last year are going to pikeville? i know one of them went to pike central.

only 2. Hobo McCoy was the one
pirate5 Wrote:what the crap r u talking about pville beat bms 7th grade in a close game and pville dont have the whole team back unless there holdbacks

no they didnt i was there. Pikeville ran all over them just like they will this year. The close game was 7th grade and that dont matter until next year when they beat them again
If...Then Wrote:note to self Pirate 16. THEIR ALL FRESHMEN. this is middle school

Note to self--------- If.... Then....
They are ALL 8th graders!! NOT freshman... Looks like Pirate_16 knew what he/she was talking about!!
Pikeville will have it wrapped up if they come to play, but Dorton had a good 7th grade team last as Pikeville did last year. Pikeville beat Dorton both times Home and Away but away Pikeville had 2 starters missin g do to a death in the family this year Dorton will probably have another pretty good team.
You mean they didn't have any 8th graders last year? I find that hard to believe.
Gary,Jordan, Howie and Jared are gonna be unstoppable
If...Then Wrote:haha. especially for basketball. LOL!!!!!

Your thinkin of jordan Harriston...Jordan Hackeny is an 8th grader
phs1986 Wrote:Note to self--------- If.... Then....
They are ALL 8th graders!! NOT freshman... Looks like Pirate_16 knew what he/she was talking about!!

jordan hackney doesnt play basketball! he even told me!

and yes i was thinkin of jordan hariston

IMO you guys are crazy if you think Belfry will be any better this year. gary is to slow, tony messer is to clumzy and howie isnt that fast. when pikevilles whole team has speed and whole team is back. Belfry is a football school only and always will be.
Jordon Hackney played last year.
If...Then Wrote:jordan hackney doesnt play basketball! he even told me!

and yes i was thinkin of jordan hariston

IMO you guys are crazy if you think Belfry will be any better this year. gary is to slow, tony messer is to clumzy and howie isnt that fast. when pikevilles whole team has speed and whole team is back. Belfry is a football school only and always will be.

How the heck would you know what Howie is??? LMAO... Have you ever seen Howie play?? YOU must be kinda crazy yourself... Howie didn't even play for Belfry last year! LOL.... I guess you KINDA don't know what your talking about!!

As for Gary... He will show you what he can do.... Tony.... well...... he has matured quite a bit. I guess you will have to just wait and see!!
phs1986 Wrote:How the heck would you know what Howie is??? LMAO... Have you ever seen Howie play?? YOU must be kinda crazy yourself... Howie didn't even play for Belfry last year! LOL.... I guess you KINDA don't know what your talking about!!

As for Gary... He will show you what he can do.... Tony.... well...... he has matured quite a bit. I guess you will have to just wait and see!!

Howie didnt haved to play for Belfry last year for me to tell weather he was fast or not. Last year Gary showed me nothing from what i watched. as for Tony, matureity has nothing to do with skill.
BMSPirateMom #11 Wrote:Jordon Hackney played last year.

must of lied to me then