Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kids switching schools
Personally, I think it’s ridiculous. We all know all these parents and kids aren’t moving yet the KHSAA turns a blind eye to what’s going on. Coming from a program that may never recover from the amount of transfers that’s taken place over the years (Prestonsburg), all it’s doing is watering down high school athletics. Now, do I blame the parents and kids? No, I don’t. Talented kids want to play with other talented kids. Who I blame most is the Floyd County School System who don’t even acknowledge the fact that the county is losing kids and teachers hand over fist, but they continue to play the political side of things to make sure everyone in charge gets their back scratched. Some of the things I’m hearing is in the works within the county absolutely blows my mind and is only going to set this county back even more. I’m not going to elaborate, but if it plays out like it sounds, the rest of the county may end up in Pike and/or Johnson. Just gonna have to wait and see how it all plays out.
I’ve always gotten tickled at people who get worked up over this at the high school level. It’s not a business like college or pro sports. It’s basically little league with a bigger stage. Kids should play wherever they want. People get too worked up over high school sports.
They get worked up because their kid is probably trapped at a school where he or she don’t want or need to be and have to depend on Russias Sports Association to rule their child eligible it their kid was to transfer. Transferring is not all that simple, well it is for certain few but not everyone.
My 2 Cents Worth.

1. Playing the way KY currently does it'd be like Union, Georgetown, Alice Lloyd, UofL and UK all playing in the same league for the same title, that's just how ridiculous it is to think a school like Red Bird will ever compete with a 6A power in team sports such as Baseball, Basketball, Football, Volleyball and the sort.

2. My Fix - Create a Small School Division, let's call in 1A, School Enrollment must be below a certain number to participate in this division, it'd be a schools choice to participate in this league. If A small private school chooses to play with the big boys it'd be perfectly allowable. Give School say once every 4 years to make this choice to play in 1A.

Reestablish Districts and Regions to accommodate the current situation and the added 1A I guess here in the 13th the potential schools would be Williamsburg, OBI, Redbird, Barbourville, Pineville, Lynn Camp, Middlesboro, and Harlan Independent.

Just a thought.
Let them go where they are gonna be happy but do it like the transfer portal in college
(02-06-2022, 05:09 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote: My 2 Cents Worth.

1.  Playing the way KY currently does it'd be like Union, Georgetown, Alice Lloyd, UofL and UK all playing in the same league for the same title, that's just how ridiculous it is to think a school like Red Bird will ever compete with a 6A power in team sports such as Baseball, Basketball, Football, Volleyball and the sort. 

2. My Fix - Create a Small School Division, let's call in 1A, School Enrollment must be below a certain number to participate in this division, it'd be a schools choice to participate in this league.  If A small private school chooses to play with the big boys it'd be perfectly allowable.  Give School say once every 4 years to make this choice to play in 1A. 

Reestablish Districts and Regions to accommodate the current situation and the added 1A    I guess here in the 13th the potential schools would be Williamsburg, OBI, Redbird, Barbourville, Pineville, Lynn Camp, Middlesboro, and Harlan Independent.

Just a thought.

I must going crazy I thought I was posting this on the moving basketball school size classification post....Oh Well.... getting old ain't no fun.....Sorry
People should be allowed to do what they want. What’s not “fair” is the PRETENSE of rules. Just like when government officials push mask mandates, but are caught partying in Florida!! LOL

GET RID OF THE BS RULES! Let people do what they want, and IT IS A CRIME to make people pay twice for their child’s education.

Give every citizen who wants to opt out of their districted school THEIR OWN MONEY BACK, and let them make the choice that is best for their child.

Our forefathers never would have accepted the surrender of our freedoms to big government.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • jetpilot
(02-07-2022, 12:18 AM)ROTC Wrote: People should be allowed to do what they want.  What’s not “fair” is the PRETENSE of rules.  Just like when government officials push mask mandates, but are caught partying in Florida!!  LOL

GET RID OF THE BS RULES!  Let people do what they want, and IT IS A CRIME to make people pay twice for their child’s education. 

Give every citizen who wants to opt out of their districted school THEIR OWN MONEY BACK, and let them make the choice that is best for their child.

Our forefathers never would have accepted the surrender of our freedoms to big government.
I’ve had some people go so far as to say that the state should step and FORCE kids to go to the school in the district they live in…..My response was “Move to Cuba, I’m sure you’ll be sorely missed”…
16 Regions

At least 1 Regional Officer for each Region.

Possibility of Region 1 works Region 2, and vice versa.

Regional Officer is responsible for investigating all transfers throughout the year.

Examples;
- Family puts house up for sale, gets apartment near new school. Once eligible, family moves back into house. Immediately ineligible.
- Someone affiliated with new school gives player a ride to school almost every morning. If so, immediately ineligible.
- Documented proof on why the family is moving. If it's for a new job, proof from former employer and new employer must be provided. If not, ineligible.
^^^Obvious crybaby commie solution: Hire investigators, prove all your real estate holdings and where you sleep every night, prove to the officers' satisfaction why deep down you really, really honest injun want to move, provide proof who drops you off and picks you up from school every day. Provide proof from every job past and present where you perform your work tasks every day.

Idiotic and bat sh!t insane.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • ROTC
Will never dawn on these crybaby fools to make their schools better so more people will want to go there, not to mention make them better for the kids already there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • ROTC
(02-07-2022, 02:16 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Obvious crybaby commie solution: Hire investigators, prove all your real estate holdings and where you sleep every night, prove to the officers' satisfaction why deep down you really, really honest injun want to move, provide proof who drops you off and picks you up from school every day. Provide proof from every job past and present where you perform your work tasks every day.

Cheaters always get defensive and gaslight.
(02-07-2022, 02:25 PM)BillSelf Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 02:16 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Obvious crybaby commie solution: Hire investigators, prove all your real estate holdings and where you sleep every night, prove to the officers' satisfaction why deep down you really, really honest injun want to move, provide proof who drops you off and picks you up from school every day. Provide proof from every job past and present where you perform your work tasks every day.

Crybabies always cry more. You should delete your account Bill Self. You are an embarrassment to all the Bill Selfs out there.
And everyone with an IQ more than single digits knows your "solution" is idiotic and insane.
(02-07-2022, 02:28 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(02-07-2022, 02:25 PM)BillSelf Wrote:

Crybabies always cry more. You should delete your account Bill Self. You are an embarrassment to all the Bill Selfs out there.
And everyone with an IQ more than single digits knows your "solution" is idiotic and insane.

Cheaters never want the thing that makes the most sense. Easier to get caught up that way.

Just wanted to thank you for not charging me any rent to live in your head, nothing there, plenty of space, real cozy.
Pikeville doesn't cheat, you are a liar. And you don't live in my head, just every time I see a post from you I wonder how someone can cry so much.
(02-07-2022, 02:36 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Pikeville doesn't cheat, you are a liar. And you don't live in my head, just every time I see a post from you I wonder how someone can cry so much.

Smile Smile Smile
I think this thread goes far beyond the limits of boys basketball. There is a lot of controversy in the 13th-16th regions with the problem. There is no governing body that cares about the craziness going on. Players leave daily and go to new schools and are immediately eligible, no matter the circumstances. One can move from pineville to bell to knox etc and theres no look. One can move from knox to bville to lynn camp and there’s no suspicion and they are eligible. I only know the 13th very well and not the others i’m sorry. I personally think it’s ridiculous there’s so many schools up and down 25E or multiple schools within 5 miles of eachother that can pretty much trade students, but that won’t change. And that causes the mutual agreement between schools where a kid can live in a neighboring county and still go to school across the line, which happens in no other state. If you are districted to attend school at a certain place anywhere else, that’s where you go. The same standard should be held across this state.
(02-06-2022, 12:46 PM)BCF4L Wrote: Personally, I think it’s ridiculous. We all know all these parents and kids aren’t moving yet the KHSAA turns a blind eye to what’s going on. Coming from a program that may never recover from the amount of transfers that’s taken place over the years (Prestonsburg), all it’s doing is watering down high school athletics. Now, do I blame the parents and kids? No, I don’t. Talented kids want to play with other talented kids. Who I blame most is the Floyd County School System who don’t even acknowledge the fact that the county is losing kids and teachers hand over fist, but they continue to play the political side of things to make sure everyone in charge gets their back scratched. Some of the things I’m hearing is in the works within the county absolutely blows my mind and is only going to set this county back even more. I’m not going to elaborate, but if it plays out like it sounds, the rest of the county may end up in Pike and/or Johnson. Just gonna have to wait and see how it all plays out.

>>>>>>>.
I said almost the same exact thing on another thread. Floyd co has destroyed its sports programs with buddy hiring and politics.. We all know it, its no secret. Im not gonna bad mouth anyone but a couple of floyd county schools in particular are the poster children for playing politics and buddy hiring. God almighty I will never understand some of the hires and decisions they have made.. I know a bunch of the kids and parents who left. Watched them play since they were little, know their familys. Even played ball with some of the parents...No one can blame them for wanting to play for winning programs and make no mistake its for sports pure and simple.. The only ones to blame are Floyd countys school/s administrations for allowing the problems that set off this mass migration.
Just to note I dont think Pikeville or any Johnson co school did anythign wrong at all. I know exactly why the kids and parents made the decisions they did..I cant blame them
(02-07-2022, 02:07 PM)BillSelf Wrote: 16 Regions

Regional Officer is responsible for investigating all transfers throughout the year.

Examples;
- Family puts house up for sale, gets apartment near new school. Once eligible, family moves back into house. Immediately ineligible.
- Someone affiliated with new school gives player a ride to school almost every morning. If so, immediately ineligible.
- Documented proof on why the family is moving. If it's for a new job, proof from former employer and new employer must be provided. If not, ineligible.
Don’t stop there.
 How about:

Water boarding younger siblings of said player so they won’t have a desire to transfer in the future.

Public Floggings of parents who dare want to transfer their kids

Public Tarring and Feathering of Coaches whose only sin is that said player showed up from another school wanting to play for them. 

Last but not least:
Drag the AD out in a public square to be shot by a firing squad on live television…

THATLL SHOW EM!!! ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s post:
  • jetpilot
(02-08-2022, 04:01 AM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:

Examples;
Don’t stop there.
 How about:

Water boarding younger siblings of said player so they won’t have a desire to transfer in the future.

Public Tarring and Feathering of Coaches whose only sin is that said player showed up from another school wanting to play for them. 

Last but not least:
Drag the AD out in a public square to be shot by a firing squad on live television…

THATLL SHOW EM!!! ?

I wonder why it’s only Pikeville responses… hmm!
(02-08-2022, 10:22 AM)BillSelf Wrote:

Examples;
Don’t stop there.
 How about:

Last but not least:

THATLL SHOW EM!!! ?

It might be because that is who you are accusing...hmmm! You got nothing. Nada. And neither has anyone else because it is not true. But keep crying.
Isn’t the only real barrier to this whether or not the AD at the previous school checks “NO” on one box?

If you want to hold kids hostage, pressure your AD to tell the truth about whether or not they played last year; OR- identify yourself and make a non-anonymous report to the KHSAA.

The real solution though is simple- do away with rules that don’t make sense and are never enforced; and I’ll say it again- GIVE PEOPLE THEIR EDUCATIONAL DOLLARS BACK.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • jetpilot
(02-08-2022, 02:50 PM)ROTC Wrote: Isn’t the only real barrier to this whether or not the AD at the previous school checks “NO” on one box? 

If you want to hold kids hostage, pressure your AD to tell the truth about whether or not they played last year; OR- identify yourself and make a non-anonymous report to the KHSAA.

The real solution though is simple- do away with rules that don’t make sense and are never enforced; and I’ll say it again- GIVE PEOPLE THEIR EDUCATIONAL DOLLARS BACK.
BINGO. Government has ruined education like they ruin everything they touch. Government education in this country is totally corrupt and incompetent. Only parents getting their $$$ back can fix it, and of course that is the last thing big government wants. Got to keep pumping money into useless teachers' unions to keep that huge voting bloc paid off...
Teacher’s unions just like the auto worker’s; miners; and other industries WERE necessary at one time. ESPECIALLY- in places like E Ky where a teaching job was one of the only “professions” that one could enter into and you could potentially lose your job with every county and state election.

CORRUPTION of their intent and government sell outs is the problem. Most teachers care about kids, want to work hard, and do the professional things called upon by an educator. The government has tied teachers’ and schools’ hands and burdened them down with so much useless record keeping, documentation, and other useless menial tasks- thus, many surrender their passion and work down to it. Coupled with the removal of any accountability from kids, parents, and families- teaching is grunt work.

You’re starting to see this with the defund the police movement and demonizing of law enforcement, now.

The problem is the GOVERNMENT not the unions. Unions by influence…..because they can.
Government has corrupted unions buy pumping in more and more money that should be going to parents.
Teachers union proved how corrupt and useless it is all through this pandemic for anyone who didn't already know. But we agree, give the money to PARENTS not corrupt and incompetent government run schools.

Examples;
Don’t stop there.
 How about:

Last but not least:

THATLL SHOW EM!!! ?

Gee, you got me there….Maybe it’s because Pikeville is the only school you’ve openly accused since you’ve been posting on this thread?
(02-09-2022, 02:32 AM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:

Examples;
Don’t stop there.
 How about:

Last but not least:

THATLL SHOW EM!!! ?

Gee, you got me there….Maybe it’s because Pikeville is the only school you’ve openly accused since you’ve been posting on this thread?

My main point in this thread has been players who used the SB, should not have been able to transfer in that repeat year. Like the rule stated. Wherever you’re enrolled May 1st, is where you should’ve had to stay. 

You have seniors, who would be in college right now, if not for Covid. Why should a fifth year senior be allowed to transfer?

Seem right? they’re not only gaining an extra year, but also transferring in a year they would’ve never had? 

Play, yes…transfer in that 5th year, no.

I didn’t agree with it back in the summer before school even started 

I get that what’s done is done. But, this is an opinion based website.
The only sports the kids missed was baseball/softball/ and other spring sports. Dumbest rule of all time. Been different if there were NO SPORTS for the past two years. Hope daddy is happy his baby got that extra season of high school basketball. Thank goodness for AAU though the past 13 years. Making school team must been tuff where he attended.
(02-09-2022, 02:59 AM)BillSelf Wrote:

Examples;
Don’t stop there.
 How about:

Last but not least:

THATLL SHOW EM!!! ?

My main point in this thread has been players who used the SB, should not have been able to transfer in that repeat year. Like the rule stated. Wherever you’re enrolled May 1st, is where you should’ve had to stay. 

You have seniors, who would be in college right now, if not for Covid. Why should a fifth year senior be allowed to transfer?

Seem right? they’re not only gaining an extra year, but also transferring in a year they would’ve never had? 

Glad to see you admit it's the rules and KHSAA you have a beef with and you were lying your aSS off about Pikeville cheating.
(02-09-2022, 12:27 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 02:59 AM)BillSelf Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 04:01 AM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote: Don’t stop there.
 How about:

Last but not least:

THATLL SHOW EM!!! ?

Glad to see you admit it's the rules and KHSAA you have a beef with and you were lying your aSS off about Pikeville cheating

So the 2 best girls players weren't living together in an apartment or attempted to. Parents not given jobs at banks, etc. ???

Do you want me to post screenshots, etc?