Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 2022
Nice!
Are the first two scrimmages?
Yes, both scrimmages.
Johnson Central is also looking for a game on September 2nd.
(02-08-2022, 07:17 PM)Coach Booth Wrote: Johnson Central is also looking for a game on September 2nd.

Better hit them up now while you can.....
Chappell starts with a heck of a schedule, especially the boyle and mad south scrimmage. Imagine your first live action competition with your players being against one very competing team and a back to back 4a state champ with the best coach in the state. Chappell better be active in the summer 7-7 circuit to ensure confidence and trust with the program.
I'm going to watch some of these games, Chappell aint messing around!
(02-08-2022, 08:12 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I'm going to watch some of these games, Chappell aint messing around!
Isn’t this the same schedule as last year? Or did some teams change?
Everyone talking says this is the best team north has had in a long time.
(02-09-2022, 12:02 AM)Fan of many Wrote:
(02-08-2022, 08:12 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I'm going to watch some of these games, Chappell aint messing around!

It is looking the same, but what I see is a scrimmage against Boyle County and that's a good learning curve for a team looking to make a deep run in the playoffs. North may lose but as for teaching and learning from one of the best in being Haddix, it's a win win in my opinion for Chappell. You have to play teams that make you better and putting those kids in front of Boyle early will definitely put those kids in a better spot as they begin their season the following week on Log Mountain.
(02-09-2022, 12:21 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

It is looking the same, but what I see is a scrimmage against Boyle County and that's a good learning curve for a team looking to make a deep run in the playoffs. North may lose but as for teaching and learning from one of the best in being Haddix, it's a win win in my opinion for Chappell. You have to play teams that make you better and putting those kids in front of Boyle early will definitely put those kids in a better spot as they begin their season the following week on Log Mountain.
You never know about the fighting dudley hiltons, but looking in this might be one of the easier games for North. North returns a lot of production, compared to Bell who doesn’t and loses every single blocker who saw the field. Bell can produce those lineman like a breeding ground, but i think the 2018-2021 era was a peak and it is going downhill. Chappell should get his first win on log mountain unless he’s just not ready for the show.
Chappell wears sunglasses, his future is so bright he has to wear shades lol.

I thought Bell had a very good year last year and may have another this year.
(02-09-2022, 01:21 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Chappell wears sunglasses, his future is so bright he has to wear shades lol.

I thought Bell had a very good year last year and may have another this year.
loses the whole front for Oline and most Dline, QB,WR, etc. Returns 3 good backs but need those big guys up front and the guys to step in and play big time football never even got a JV/Fresh experience cause of last years lack of players. Also heard there was only 3-4 freshman last year. North should roll. Bell was amazing from 2018 til last year but i just don’t see a great future other than woolum and thomas who need a line to put up numbers.
I believe north is poised to win the district this year and next. New coach, southwest lost most of their team, Pulaski is supposed to be rebuilding the offense and north has almost their entire team returning from a good year and more experience. Any chance north get a game with Corbin on the open weeks they have
I would have to assume no to a North/Corbin game.
(02-09-2022, 01:14 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:

You never know about the fighting dudley hiltons, but looking in this might be one of the easier games for North. North returns a lot of production, compared to Bell who doesn’t and loses every single blocker who saw the field. Bell can produce those lineman like a breeding ground, but i think the 2018-2021 era was a peak and it is going downhill. Chappell should get his first win on log mountain unless he’s just not ready for the show.

Mights are on a chicken's hind end. I wouldn't bet on Bell County going more down hill than they've already been.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • TD Hounds
(02-09-2022, 11:59 PM)Fan of many Wrote: I believe north is poised to win the district this year and next. New coach, southwest lost most of their team, Pulaski is supposed to be rebuilding the offense and north has almost their entire team returning from a good year and more experience.  Any chance north get a game with Corbin on the open weeks they have

You and Gridiron been sniffin' the glue while putting your model cars together. lol. North will win 3-4 games Smile
(02-09-2022, 11:59 PM)Fan of many Wrote: I believe north is poised to win the district this year and next. New coach, southwest lost most of their team, Pulaski is supposed to be rebuilding the offense and north has almost their entire team returning from a good year and more experience.  Any chance north get a game with Corbin on the open weeks they have
Southwestern lost several…no doubt…but what many don’t realize how many young kids started or contributed a lot the last two years..the offensive line returns everyone but one starter..led 5a the last two years in rushing…once again the district runs through southwestern…
(02-10-2022, 06:57 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

You and Gridiron been sniffin' the glue while putting your model cars together. lol. North will win 3-4 games Smile

north won 8 games last year and return most of the team according to KHSAA stats. I have heard since this group was in middle school how good they are,going to be and this is what everyone around says is the year.
(02-10-2022, 06:53 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Mights are on a chicken's hind end. I wouldn't bet on Bell County going more down hill than they've already been.

Big Grin

(02-10-2022, 12:06 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I would have to assume no to a North/Corbin game.

If anyone coaching at N/L would schedule a N/L / Corbin game it would be Chappel but just not sure he it wouldn’t cause so much scrutiny that he stays away from it.
(02-11-2022, 12:50 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 12:02 AM)Fan of many Wrote: Isn’t this the same schedule as last year? Or did some teams change?

Big Grin

(02-10-2022, 12:06 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I would have to assume no to a North/Corbin game.

If anyone coaching at N/L would schedule a N/L / Corbin game it would be Chappel but just not sure he it wouldn’t cause so much scrutiny that he stays away from it.
 So much SCRUITNY ? What does that mean?
(02-11-2022, 01:21 PM)BUFFALO Wrote:
(02-11-2022, 12:50 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 12:21 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: It is looking the same, but what I see is a scrimmage against Boyle County and that's a good learning curve for a team looking to make a deep run in the playoffs. North may lose but as for teaching and learning from one of the best in being Haddix, it's a win win in my opinion for Chappell. You have to play teams that make you better and putting those kids in front of Boyle early will definitely put those kids in a better spot as they begin their season the following week on Log Mountain.

Big Grin

So much SCRUITNY ? What does that mean?

Causing the few that follow North Laurel to really look, examine and criticize his scheduling choices, be a ton of push back for him scheduling this game.
I would assume north will now play Corbin because Chappell has played them before and is supposed to have that class everyone talks about that won the state. Has north ever played corbin?
(02-11-2022, 03:39 PM)Fan of many Wrote: I would assume north will now play Corbin because Chappell has played them before and is supposed to have that class everyone talks about that won the state. Has north ever played  corbin?

Yes, it’s been a while at least a decade or longer, I don’t think N/L loaded class that won state matters, a whole lot of effort went into making sure Corbin and N/L would never play a game at any level….
Bump.
I'll tell some of you this just in case you forgot. North Laurel is mediocre at best Smile
(02-21-2022, 11:45 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I'll tell some of you this just in case you forgot. North Laurel is mediocre at best Smile
Got a coach that will put the talent in the right spots and hopefully make these kids work, hearing from the inside the last couple years that  these kids just haven’t been pushed to better themselves. IDK mediocre is a subjective term but should beat those kernels from WC…
(02-22-2022, 12:41 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(02-21-2022, 11:45 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I'll tell some of you this just in case you forgot. North Laurel is mediocre at best Smile
Got a coach that will put the talent in the right spots and hopefully make these kids work, hearing from the inside the last couple years that  these kids just haven’t been pushed to better themselves. IDK mediocre is a subjective term but should beat those kernels from WC…

Colonels will smoke that hind end as they've done most times they've played over the years. The kittens like to give a good measure when it comes to the sucks department Smile. 13 for a dozen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • TD Hounds
(02-22-2022, 01:17 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Colonels will smoke that hind end as they've done most times they've played over the years. The kittens like to give a good measure when it comes to the sucks department Smile. 13 for a dozen.

I would love to sit between you and 64SUR when this game is played.  Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug, TD Hounds
Got a coach that will put the Big Grin talent in the right spots and hopefully make these kids work, hearing from the inside the last couple years that  these kids just haven’t been pushed to better themselves. IDK mediocre is a subjective term but should beat those kernels from WC…

Big Grin

(02-23-2022, 08:14 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I would love to sit between you and 64SUR when this game is played.  Big Grin

How about the next row above them so you wouldn’t get hit with flying objects
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!