Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 2022
Chappell was one of the coaches for my son for a short stint. I like him. Players like him. Already I like what he is doing by scheduling opponents that will prepare North for battle. As a outsider looking it, this is exactly what you have to do to compete. As far as Logic of getting your head beat in like 0-10 or 1-9 for scheduiling good teams. Honestly, at what stage is your program. We are talking about North Laurel

Aug 20, 21 Bell County home (W) 30 - 22 (overtime)
Aug 27, 21 Breathitt County away (W) 34 - 12
Sep 3, 21 Open 0 - 0
Sep 10, 21 Shelby Valley away (W) 42 - 7
Sep 17, 21 Barren County away (W) 34 - 7
Sep 23, 21 South Laurel home (W) 61 - 8
Oct 1, 21 Southwestern away (L) 7 - 32
Oct 8, 21 Pulaski County home (L) 16 - 40
Oct 15, 21 Whitley County away (W) 14 - 8
Oct 23, 21 Henry County home (W) 28 - 14
Oct 29, 21 Wayne County home (W) 27 - 12
Nov 5, 21 Pulaski County away (L) 14 - 40 Click Class 5A 2021 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals

North isn't getting there head beat in. They lost to 2 teams from what I am seeing and return the majority of there kids with a new coach. Now if I was going to get this team better from looking at this schedule, I would do exactly what Chappell has done and schedule stiffer competition that way when you get your team prepared to play the Pulaski or Whitley or Southwestern, you will have your boys knowing what to expect. Playing Boyle, JC is not easy task for any team, but to schedule them is also sending a message to your team that you are going bring it. Yes, they might take a pounding but the payoff is, they will more physical and mentally prepared when they play there district. This year all the teams in Norths District will be much improved. Should be some good games to watch.
(06-05-2022, 07:17 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Chappell was one of the coaches for my son for a short stint. I like him. Players like him. Already I like what he is doing by scheduling opponents that will prepare North for battle. As a outsider looking it, this is exactly what you have to do to compete. As far as Logic of getting your head beat in like 0-10 or 1-9 for scheduiling good teams. Honestly, at what stage is your program. We are talking about North Laurel 

You were the guy that was comparing NL to the struggling teams of that region. We were talking about the North Laurel and JC game specifically in terms of competitiveness. North should be fine with that schedule, there is roughly 7 guaranteed wins on there before the season even starts from looking at that schedule so they can afford to pick up JC, it’s not a bad move logistically, especially since neither team was probably going to be able to find a game that late.
They'll get their head beat in when they play Johnson Central.
Unlike alot of teams here in the 13th region, I see something already that North Laurel is doing and thats not running from teams, they are scheduling the best, like a Johnson Central and Boyle County.

I didnt call out any 13th region teams. I sure didn't call out any struggling programs. I simply stated I like what North is doing here locally and it happens to be in this 13th region. Now I did put running from teams in there and I see teams that schedule and do just that. I see teams scheduling a comfortable schedule. Come to think about it, Jackson County, Lynn Camp and Leslie County plays up. I guess North isn't alone. I forgot Bell scrimmages JC too.  Sick
(06-05-2022, 09:34 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Unlike alot of teams here in the 13th region, I see something already that North Laurel is doing and thats not running from teams, they are scheduling the best, like a Johnson Central and Boyle County.

Looks like you’re wanting to call out “alot” of teams.  All that was said was JC should beat NL by a comfortable margin, and all evidence points to them doing so. I’m losing why you keep wanting to insert other teams or whatever you’re trying to do into that equation. That’s not a knock on NL, JC is very, very good.
Using examples isn’t calling out anyone. You are thinking entirely in left field there. As for your logic being hard to argue. It’s really not. JC is a good team. But this years team is a start of a new coaching era for that program. I’m going to watch them when they come to North so I can see what they look like. Who knows what wrinkles the new coach will put into his offense. If it’s a running clock in the second quarter, I’ll put it on here, I plan on being there. I’m going to say it won’t be. But in a couple months we will know. I also won’t guarantee any wins for any team like you did with North saying they have 7 guaranteed wins, that’s saying they beat a tuff Bell guaranteed at Bell County to open the season. That’s a toss up game. Both teams can win but Bell has the home field advantage.
(06-06-2022, 01:30 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I also won’t guarantee any wins for any team like you did with North saying they have 7 guaranteed wins, that’s saying they beat a tuff Bell guaranteed at Bell County to open the season. That’s a toss up game. Both teams can win but Bell has the home field advantage.

I said roughly, which means there is obviously room for a slip up or two on there, but I wouldn’t expect it. Especially with one of the very biggest 5A schools in the entire state playing a few small 2A and 3A schools out of district in a couple of those games. Bell will fight hard but with their losses to graduation and depth issues playing against such a much bigger school it will be tough. Stranger things have happened. I still find it tough to believe that North is going to struggle to beat Bell one week and then be right in it against one of the states best the next. We can’t forget that the coaching change at North will be a much bigger change than the coaching change at JC in terms of program stability and ideologies.
Will North and Corbin play next year?
(06-06-2022, 05:51 PM)Fan of many Wrote: Will North and Corbin play next year?
Nope,  Corbin will schedule Trimble County.  I see the writing on the wall right now!!! Go North
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
(06-06-2022, 06:52 PM)64SUR Wrote:
Nope,  Corbin will schedule Trimble County.  I see the writing on the wall right now!!! Go North
So Corbin is afraid to schedule North?
(06-06-2022, 10:40 PM)Fan of many Wrote:

Aug 29, 2003 Corbin 63 North Laurel 7
Aug 27, 2004 Corbin 36 North Laurel 21
Oct 12, 2007 Corbin 39 North Laurel 14
Oct 17, 2008 Corbin 49 North Laurel 28
Sep 11, 2009 Corbin 34 North Laurel 8
Sep 10, 2010 Corbin 24 North Laurel 6

Strange times huh, apparently Doctors are unable to assign sex at birth, Corbin’s scared of North, heck me and you can even get pregnant now….Anyone know a good OBGYN, the he!! I’m way to long in the tooth to have another one or wear maternity clothing….
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
(06-06-2022, 11:34 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Strange times huh, apparently Doctors are unable to assign sex at birth, Corbin’s scared of North, heck me and you can even get pregnant now….Anyone know a good OBGYN, the he!! I’m way to long in the tooth to have another one or wear maternity clothing….

No thanks T.D. I have to stay away from this new age crap! I'm like you, I have a couple of dogs we manage, couldn't imagine being Jed Clampett and having another baby Jethro lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • TD Hounds
(06-05-2022, 08:01 PM)DarthVader Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 07:17 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Chappell was one of the coaches for my son for a short stint. I like him. Players like him. Already I like what he is doing by scheduling opponents that will prepare North for battle. As a outsider looking it, this is exactly what you have to do to compete. As far as Logic of getting your head beat in like 0-10 or 1-9 for scheduiling good teams. Honestly, at what stage is your program. We are talking about North Laurel 

You were the guy that was comparing NL to the struggling teams of that region. We were talking about the North Laurel and JC game specifically in terms of competitiveness. North should be fine with that schedule, there is roughly 7 guaranteed wins on there before the season even starts from looking at that schedule so they can afford to pick up JC, it’s not a bad move logistically, especially since neither team was probably going to be able to find a game that late.

I'm gonna steal Jet pilot's line.  get a sack full of cash out, because i want to bet a sack full that North doesn't win 7 games.

North is afraid Corbin will steal their players if they play. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • TD Hounds
I didn’t imply Corbin was afraid of North Laurel of that North was afraid of Corbin. Just asked if anyone thought that Corbin and North would now play, especially since it’s a very close game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fan of many's post:
  • TD Hounds
(06-07-2022, 10:55 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 08:01 PM)DarthVader Wrote:

I'm gonna steal Jet pilot's line.  get a sack full of cash out, because i want to bet a sack full that North doesn't win 7 games.
Well lets play the possibilites of what if. What if Bell wins the opener and JC wins that game, and Pulaski and Southwestern wins there games. That puts North winning 6 games possibly and the 7th would be if North beats Whitley. So that is a bet that Whitley keeps North from win number 7 on your end. Sounds like a bet between 64SUR and You might be in the works. LOL. Now in another real possibility, I could see North winning 8 games and it would be unreal to see them beat one of the other two Pulaski or Southwestern especially in Chappells first year. They have the chance. It will be a fun season for sure or say 64SUR lol.
(06-07-2022, 11:12 AM)Fan of many Wrote: I didn’t imply Corbin was afraid of North Laurel of that North was afraid of Corbin. Just asked if anyone thought that Corbin and North would now play, especially since it’s a very close game.

And I wasn’t implying that you where….but the facts seem to be that Chappell wants a game and Corbin for whatever reason hasn’t been able to make it happen, I’ve heard the schedule is pretty well set for us, but if a game comes open and N/L has the same open date, well if a doctor can’t tell what a baby is at birth I sure can…

(06-07-2022, 10:58 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

North is afraid Corbin will steal their players if they play. lol

Big Grin  Goober….

(06-07-2022, 10:14 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(06-06-2022, 11:34 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

No thanks T.D. I have to stay away from this new age crap! I'm like you, I have a couple of dogs we manage, couldn't imagine being Jed Clampett and having another baby Jethro lol.

How would you know it was a Jethro and not a Ellie Mae or even a Granny?  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
I was actually wondering if they would play in the new cycle of the next two years. I’m not sure many teams have schedules set already for the next cycle.
I look for Corbin to moved up to 5A next year.
It’s official now. A proud owner of a new Boyle County hoodie!! Thanks big Dan
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • BEChargers
(06-07-2022, 06:25 PM)64SUR Wrote: I look for Corbin to moved up to 5A next year.
Potential 5A district could be 

1 Corbin
2 Whitley Co.
3 North Laurel
4 South Laurel

(06-07-2022, 06:25 PM)64SUR Wrote: I look for Corbin to moved up to 5A next year.

That will probably happen sooner or later. Depending on how the rest of the state shakes out, we could also see NL moving to 6A.

(06-07-2022, 06:53 PM)jamesdeane Wrote:

1 Corbin
2 Whitley Co.
3 North Laurel
4 South Laurel

North should be dangerously close to the 6A cut off with the enrollment numbers. I’m sure SL is right there too. Depending on what other schools in the state do in terms of playing up or down, we could see a move to 6A.
(06-07-2022, 06:55 PM)DarthVader Wrote:

That will probably happen sooner or later. Depending on how the rest of the state shakes out, we could also see NL moving to 6A.

1 Corbin
2 Whitley Co.
3 North Laurel
4 South Laurel

North should be dangerously close to the 6A cut off with the enrollment numbers. I’m sure SL is right there too. Depending on what other schools in the state do in terms of playing up or down, we could see a move to 6A.
In that case a possible 5A district could be

1 Corbin
2 Whitley County
3 Pulaski
4 Southwestern
5 Madison Southern (if a 5 team district)
(06-07-2022, 07:15 PM)jamesdeane Wrote:

1 Corbin
2 Whitley Co.
3 North Laurel
4 South Laurel

1 Corbin
2 Whitley County
3 Pulaski
4 Southwestern

It would great to see a district with those schools involved. Talk about a tough one!
(06-07-2022, 07:41 PM)DarthVader Wrote:

1 Corbin
2 Whitley Co.
3 North Laurel
4 South Laurel

1 Corbin
2 Whitley County
3 Pulaski
4 Southwestern

It would great to see a district with those schools involved. Talk about a tough one!

Corbin already plays 2 of those teams. And did play Southwestern.
(06-07-2022, 08:02 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 07:41 PM)DarthVader Wrote:

(06-07-2022, 06:53 PM)jamesdeane Wrote: Potential 5A district could be 

1 Corbin
2 Whitley Co.
3 North Laurel
4 South Laurel

1 Corbin
2 Whitley County
3 Pulaski
4 Southwestern

Corbin already plays 2 of those teams. And did play Southwestern.

I know, would be great to see those as district games though. Not sure there would be a tougher district top to bottom than that one.
North is a big, weak school that doesn't know how to play football Smile
(06-07-2022, 11:15 PM)pjdoug Wrote: North is a big, weak school that doesn't know how to play football Smile

Smile
(06-07-2022, 11:15 PM)pjdoug Wrote: North is a big, weak school that doesn't know how to play football Smile

I don’t know a lot about Whitley but all of the trash talking about North Laurel got me looking. It seems judging by last season, your comment is a better description for Whitley Co than North Laurel.

Seriously though, Whitley had just 2 wins against opponents from the bottom of their classes who had a combined record of 3-18. What is going to be so much better this year about Whitley? Did they get transfers or have some homegrown talent explosion? I’m being for real with that question because on paper it would make sense that North Laurel wins at least twice as many games this season as Whitley.