•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Corbin 2022
(05-05-2022, 12:21 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 09:14 AM)jamesclay Wrote: Boyle will be even better this season. Corbin is in trouble.
I hope Boyle is a lot better, that way when Corbin spanks that Arse real good everyone will know that Corbin beat them in a so called rebuilding year. Only problem is figuring out how to beat JC in Region Championship to get to Boyle County. If Corbin can get to Boyle then Corbin breaks the 40 year drought this season. Only trouble Corbin will have is ordering over 100 plus rings. This group of Hounds ain’t going out like past two seasons as they are hungry and mad and you know a starving Dawg is dangerous. Hounds on the Hunt in 22..

If Corbin had gotten to Boyle last year it would have been a running clock. I'm not sure where that line of thinking is that being able to get past JC and thinking Boyle would be easier.
[-] The following 4 users Like FootballFan1999's post:
  • Gitback Coach, Hatz, jamesclay, pjdoug
(05-05-2022, 10:47 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 10:41 AM)RunninReb Wrote: They will be young in some key positions but the talent is there to do a 3 peat. Boyle will be in it again and will compete for another title. Considering they have one of the best players in the state with the Ziesmer kid and the Hardwick boy they will be able to compete on the front. Both D1 linemen. They make it a lot farther than Corbin and pjdoug's favorite team.
Such a deep and profound post. You should let a sleeping dog lie.

If anyone would know what deep feels like, it's you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(05-05-2022, 09:14 AM)jamesclay Wrote: Boyle will be even better this season. Corbin is in trouble.
I hope Boyle is a lot better, that way when Corbin spanks that Arse real good everyone will know that Corbin beat them in a so called rebuilding year. Only problem is figuring out how to beat JC in Region Championship to get to Boyle County. If Corbin can get to Boyle then Corbin breaks the 40 year drought this season. Only trouble Corbin will have is ordering over 100 plus rings. This group of Hounds ain’t going out like past two seasons as they are hungry and mad and you know a starving Dawg is dangerous. Hounds on the Hunt in 22..
Trash talking a team that has won back to back state titles and you haven't made it past the region LOL. It's easy to stay hungry when you eat off a plate with such little food (Corbin's regular season schedule). Get a full plate like Boyle's schedule and we will see how hungry the Runner-up hounds are. The RPI every year (specifically last year) speaks for itself.
[-] The following 2 users Like HurryUp1001's post:
  • Gitback Coach, jamesclay
(05-05-2022, 12:33 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I’d love to see Corbin be there, I’m going to be there watching for sure. Go Hounds! I just hope kid Elam is unleashed!!!
Just curious of your thoughts. Do you really think Elam will be the starter at qb next season?
Wow, I have heard it all now! I don't understand the logic behind your statemate. Corbin could not get past JC in the region championship game and Boyle beat JC by 3 scores. That doesn't even include that Boyle has been to the championship the past 3 years and went back to back in that stretch. If you look at the past 5 years, Boyle has won 3 state titles and been to 4 in a 5-year span. Compare that to Corbin who in the past 5 years went twice (lost both times) and then has not made it past the region since going in 2018. It is all good to talk trash but at least have some type of logic to it.
[-] The following 2 users Like RunninReb's post:
  • Gitback Coach, Jack Lambert
(05-05-2022, 01:48 PM)RunninReb Wrote:
Wow, I have heard it all now! I don't understand the logic behind your statemate. Corbin could not get past JC in the region championship game and Boyle beat JC by 3 scores. That doesn't even include that Boyle has been to the championship the past 3 years and went back to back in that stretch. If you look at the past 5 years, Boyle has won 3 state titles and been to 4 in a 5-year span. Compare that to Corbin who in the past 5 years went twice (lost both times) and then has not made it past the region since going in 2018. It is all good to talk trash but at least have some type of logic to it.
It got you thinking about it didn’t it? I just think Corbin plays Boyle better than JC. Matchup better in my opinion plus throw in fact it’s Corbin and Boyle County. Not taking anything away from Boyle as they are 2-Time back to back champs and they beat a really good JC team. They got a great coach we all know that. But, the coaches won’t be playing the game the players will and this years kids ain’t gonna roll over for no one. Corbin lost players obviously and so did other programs. But Corbin will keep rolling as will others. I just think the next three seasons Corbin puts together another great run at State based on talent and the numbers, but this years team will surprise a bunch of people..BTW, last time Corbin played Boyle County November 23rd 2018 and Corbin wins 21-0 in State Semifinals.
(05-05-2022, 01:02 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:

If Corbin had gotten to Boyle last year it would have been a running clock. I'm not sure where that line of thinking is that being able to get past JC and thinking Boyle would be easier.
If IF was a 5th a lot of people would be drunk too. You don’t know there would have been a running clock within any degree of certainty. They won the championship and congratulations goes to all players and coaches but just don’t be so quick to hand them this seasons just yet. JC, Franklin and Corbin will be the mix..
(05-04-2022, 02:05 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Thats why I say, they have a situation where you have a backup QB that can take a spot and push Combs to running back and no disrespect to Combs, because to me he is just so versatile. That gives Corbin a running back along with Gregory. Gregory can bulldoze some yards as well. But my mindset is figuring out what kind of offense will be ran. More of the same will produce more of the same results.
 This maybe the first time I have ever disagree with you Bull Got Out. Cameron Combs should still be starting Qb. Just my opinion!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
(05-05-2022, 05:14 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 02:05 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Thats why I say, they have a situation where you have a backup QB that can take a spot and push Combs to running back and no disrespect to Combs, because to me he is just so versatile. That gives Corbin a running back along with Gregory. Gregory can bulldoze some yards as well. But my mindset is figuring out what kind of offense will be ran. More of the same will produce more of the same results.
 This maybe the first time I have ever disagree with you Bull Got Out. Cameron Combs should still be starting Qb. Just my opinion!!
I’ve said that same thing multiple times when it comes up on here. Combs should 100% be the QB and if he isn’t then there is some serious daddy ball going on. Not only would he be a 4 year starter that lead his team to a 12-1 record last year but he completed nearly 60% of his passes and only threw 1 INT last season to 14TD despite some seriously suspect play calling.

Name me another QB in the history of EVER at any school who had that resume with almost 5,000 career yds & 42 tds who had his starting spot taken for an unproven sophomore. You can’t name one, but….. when daddy’s are coaches then anything is possible I guess.
[-] The following 3 users Like fansville's post:
  • 64SUR, FootballFan1999, Old School Hound
(05-05-2022, 03:36 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
It got you thinking about it didn’t it? I just think Corbin plays Boyle better than JC. Matchup better in my opinion plus throw in fact it’s Corbin and Boyle County. Not taking anything away from Boyle as they are 2-Time back to back champs and they beat a really good JC team. They got a great coach we all know that. But, the coaches won’t be playing the game the players will and this years kids ain’t gonna roll over for no one. Corbin lost players obviously and so did other programs. But Corbin will keep rolling as will others. I just think the next three seasons Corbin puts together another great run at State based on talent and the numbers, but this years team will surprise a bunch of people..BTW, last time Corbin played Boyle County November 23rd 2018 and Corbin wins 21-0 in State Semifinals.

So you’re saying last years kids rolled over to JC?

I know this is a Corbin thread but I don't see how Boyle is better.  I don't think they take a huge step back but Gillis and Lanter are a hard pair to replace.  Haddix will figure out a way to get the ball down the field but they will rely on the running game more this year.  They have a heck of a RB to do it but he will need to be.  Good luck to everyone in 4A next year.
(05-05-2022, 09:15 PM)BEChargers Wrote:

I know this is a Corbin thread but I don't see how Boyle is better.  I don't think they take a huge step back but Gillis and Lanter are a hard pair to replace.  Haddix will figure out a way to get the ball down the field but they will rely on the running game more this year.  They have a heck of a RB to do it but he will need to be.  Good luck to everyone in 4A next year.

They have filled in all the pieces nicely.
(05-05-2022, 06:06 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:

So you’re saying last years kids rolled over to JC?
No I’m not saying last years kids rolled over to JC. I’m saying everyone talking like this years Corbin team is irrelevant or something and they will proove a bunch wrong. Nothing but respect for Boyle County but in same sentence respect goes both ways. Like I said JC, Franklin and Corbin will have a lot to say in 4A this season.
And I agree with you.
(05-05-2022, 01:09 PM)jamesclay Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 10:47 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 10:41 AM)RunninReb Wrote: They will be young in some key positions but the talent is there to do a 3 peat. Boyle will be in it again and will compete for another title. Considering they have one of the best players in the state with the Ziesmer kid and the Hardwick boy they will be able to compete on the front. Both D1 linemen. They make it a lot farther than Corbin and pjdoug's favorite team.
Such a deep and profound post. You should let a sleeping dog lie.

If anyone would know what deep feels like, it's you.

For your sake I'll try to give you a break and not roast you. I might change my mind though.
(05-05-2022, 11:34 PM)jamesclay Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 09:15 PM)BEChargers Wrote:

They have filled in all the pieces nicely.

if anybody knows about getting filled in. it's you Smile

I was looking at the fact that they won’t let him throw the ball and just to stand back there and hand it off and run QB sneak every other play, he would be better off to be running back and that gives Corbin a good running back, he can definitely run the ball. With Elam in as QB, they let Elam throw and it just opens up the offense. If Cameron was worked with properly, he would be my main QB hands down. I just keep going back to the Wayne game where Cameron threw for a unbelievable game and led a big comeback and put on a show in that district championship game his freshman year. They just won’t turn the kid loose. I really like Combs and always have. But I don’t like his numbers the last 2 years and that’s not his fault, can’t pass when you are handing off or running 90% of the time.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, TD Hounds
Your last sentence is true but which team finished when it mattered most.

One thing for certain. When 64SUR trumps you. You better listen!

Bossdaddy and I went and watched Boyle play Logan County after Corbin was eliminated last year. I was setting there at Boyle Stadium and honestly I knew after that game at the level those kids were playing, it would be hard for anyone including Corbin to matchup with them. Corbin came out of the gate red hot looking as potent early and the Franklin game score showed the potential and Franklin County didn’t see Huff on the field. Corbin looked relaxed on the field from the first Lincoln County matchup till the JC loss. Keeping your kids intensity level up is a big part of atmosphere and coaching. Boyle was rocking and the crowd was having fun and packed. I do think Corbin had a potentially good game to be played if the matchup was to happen. But the way we were playing late was a step behind what I saw on that field 2 weeks in a row from Boyle. I like execution and that’s why those boys have rings on there fingers. It starts with the coach.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, Playcaller66, Rebel55, TD Hounds
(05-06-2022, 12:44 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

I was looking at the fact that they won’t let him throw the ball and just to stand back there and hand it off and run QB sneak every other play, he would be better off to be running back and that gives Corbin a good running back, he can definitely run the ball. With Elam in as QB, they let Elam throw and it just opens up the offense. If Cameron was worked with properly, he would be my main QB hands down. I just keep going back to the Wayne game where Cameron threw for a unbelievable game and led a big comeback and put on a show in that district championship game his freshman year. They just won’t turn the kid loose. I really like Combs and always have. But I don’t like his numbers the last 2 years and that’s not his fault, can’t pass when you are handing off or running 90% of the time.

When this OC took over the general consensus was he couldn’t find his @ss with both hands but it’s increasingly became apparent to me anyway that it’s been a well thought out plan to diminish one kid’s ability to promote another.  It was apparent from one game to the next at the beginning of last season when the starting qb ran the ball over 20 times, ended up injured and the very next game his backup threw the ball all over the field.  The game has evolved and so have the kids playing it, kids see this and know what’s going on.  This and the loss to JC being layed squarely on the kids shoulders at the end of the season is why the outlook for the upcoming season is so bleak.  A lot of people throw shade at Justin Haddix over the playoff losses to Belfry, Boyle, and Central but he owned them never once did any of his players or assistants have to face any blow back.  Corbin should have a good season win most of the games on our schedule but when it actually matters it’ll be the same ole song and dance…
[-] The following 3 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Playcaller66
(05-06-2022, 09:33 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Bossdaddy and I went and watched Boyle play Logan County after Corbin was eliminated last year. I was setting there at Boyle Stadium and honestly I knew after that game at the level those kids were playing, it would be hard for anyone including Corbin to matchup with them. Corbin came out of the gate red hot looking as potent early and the Franklin game score showed the potential and Franklin County didn’t see Huff on the field. Corbin looked relaxed on the field from the first Lincoln County matchup till the JC loss. Keeping your kids intensity level up is a big part of atmosphere and coaching. Boyle was rocking and the crowd was having fun and packed. I do think Corbin had a potentially good game to be played if the matchup was to happen. But the way we were playing late was a step behind what I saw on that field 2 weeks in a row from Boyle. I like execution and that’s why those boys have rings on there fingers. It starts with the coach.

Not to ruffle any feathers but Boyle County would have dismantled Corbin at that point of the season.
[-] The following 2 users Like jamesclay's post:
  • Hatz, Jack Lambert
Boyle definitely was playing at a level you want your team playing at for the time of year. Ball control.
(05-07-2022, 10:03 AM)jamesclay Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 09:33 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Not to ruffle any feathers but Boyle County would have dismantled Corbin at that point of the season.

Im not sure you could ruffle any more feathers, mine got ruffled so much last season I just went ahead and pulled them out….
[-] The following 5 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Hatz, Jack Lambert, Playcaller66
(05-05-2022, 01:41 PM)jamesdeane Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 12:33 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I’d love to see Corbin be there, I’m going to be there watching for sure. Go Hounds! I just hope kid Elam is unleashed!!!
Just curious of your thoughts. Do you really think Elam will be the starter at qb next season?
YES HE WILL

(05-06-2022, 02:09 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 12:44 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

When this OC took over the general consensus was he couldn’t find his @ss with both hands but it’s increasingly became apparent to me anyway that it’s been a well thought out plan to diminish one kid’s ability to promote another.  It was apparent from one game to the next at the beginning of last season when the starting qb ran the ball over 20 times, ended up injured and the very next game his backup threw the ball all over the field.  The game has evolved and so have the kids playing it, kids see this and know what’s going on.  This and the loss to JC being layed squarely on the kids shoulders at the end of the season is why the outlook for the upcoming season is so bleak.  A lot of people throw shade at Justin Haddix over the playoff losses to Belfry, Boyle, and Central but he owned them never once did any of his players or assistants have to face any blow back.  Corbin should have a good season win most of the games on our schedule but when it actually matters it’ll be the same ole song and dance…
Wow just wow..
Heard Corbin would be playing some lineman both ways this year. One thing for sure, I like that ideal. I just wished they would have done that last year with all the talent they had. I wonder how big ole Franklin West has gotten over the winter, I like this kid and think he has a high ceiling if he will put the work in. He is a natural hoss. Corbin will have some tuff kids in the trenches for sure. Hurry Friday nights lights.
(05-05-2022, 01:41 PM)jamesdeane Wrote:
Absolutely he will be QB. Not even debatable anymore.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Playcaller66's post:
  • Bull got out!
Well, one thing for sure. Kid Elam is a human highlight real. I like him. He has pure raw talent that with a open playbook, should be a exciting offense.
Kid Elam is very talented, but Combs is also talented and proven. The kid has done what it takes but hasn’t had the correct system in place to win games. He doesn’t get to call the plays. I feel he is gonna get ripped of a job to throw elam in but he’s good enough to win some games. I don’t know but this whole situation is gonna be a cluster F either way.
Heard definitely a passing attack coming from Camp Corbin…..
(05-16-2022, 02:55 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Heard definitely a passing attack coming from Camp Corbin…..

Come on Bull, I don’t doubt you heard it but how many times have you heard it the last couple years?  It’s all I’ve heard the last two years, pick your poison, no one will be able to cover us, platooning receivers…. They aren’t gonna throw the ball cause this staff cant run that system or develop the kids the right way to play it… It’s evident from the fact that the best receiver on the team is now at the RB position…
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next