• Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Corbin 2022
Big Grin
(02-15-2022, 12:50 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 12:44 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 11:50 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 10:11 AM)jamesclay Wrote: They will have a good regular season, there will be lots of unwarranted hype from their fans, then the rope will break when they try to get over the mountain (Johnson Central, Boyle County).

As bad as I have to agree with you on this, I have seen it with my own eyes and until I see differently and I'm not expecting it to get any better when those deep playoff rounds come around. Johnson Central is still Johnson Central, and they will continue to do what they do. Boyle County now that Haddix has settled in will not slow down. It will be a friendly reminder for the remainder of his time there on what could have been. Fact.  Cool

(02-15-2022, 11:02 AM)HurryUp1001 Wrote: State championship?? LOL...

That was last year.......
That’s exactly why I say Corbin wins State Championship this season. Everyone is underestimating Corbin, the incoming Seniors and Juniors are extremely talented and throw in a couple Sophomores and they’re competing for State Championship. Yes, I realize Corbin looses 11 starters but if you go back in time you’ll see Corbin looses Seniors every year but always come out playing at a higher level than most. I’ve got complete confidence in the players to get it done. Hoping the coaches can take what they’ve learned past two seasons against JC and apply that knowledge into the season. Looking for 9-1 regular season and STATE CHAMPIONSHIP in December..

is this based on a true story? lol
It’s as a true of story than the rest of the stories on here. Just my opinion of course.
(02-15-2022, 10:11 AM)jamesclay Wrote: They will have a good regular season, there will be lots of unwarranted hype from their fans, then the rope will break when they try to get over the mountain (Johnson Central, Boyle County).

As bad as I have to agree with you on this, I have seen it with my own eyes and until I see differently and I'm not expecting it to get any better when those deep playoff rounds come around. Johnson Central is still Johnson Central, and they will continue to do what they do. Boyle County now that Haddix has settled in will not slow down. It will be a friendly reminder for the remainder of his time there on what could have been. Fact.  Cool

That’s exactly why I say Corbin wins State Championship this season. Everyone is underestimating Corbin, the incoming Seniors and Juniors are extremely talented and throw in a couple Sophomores and they’re competing for State Championship. Yes, I realize Corbin looses 11 starters but if you go back in time you’ll see Corbin looses Seniors every year but always come out playing at a higher level than most. I’ve got complete confidence in the players to get it done. Hoping the coaches can take what they’ve learned past two seasons against JC and apply that knowledge into the season. Looking for 9-1 regular season and STATE CHAMPIONSHIP in December..
I went down that same path last 2 years hoping the coaches would take what they have learned and apply that Knowledge. You see what those 11 graduating seniors got. Sent home way too early. That don't sit well with me. I'll be at the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP in December. Look me up.
I was a little shocked at the score of the Corbin/JC game this past season, especially at Corbin when you had Huff, Longmire, Patterson, Mills, Combs, all these guys in the mix.

Not taking one bit away from J. Central but the only thing to know about them is stop the run and match physicality...it's no surprise as to what they're going to do. That's where scheme and game plan comes in..
Sometimes the truth hurts. But we will not win a ring with Greer there. He let coach mills and “crew” push their agenda for two years when we had more talent than anyone, and our old coach will admit that. If you can’t win with that, it’s hard to be optimistic. Especially seeing how he’s handled personnel, play calling, etc. they’ve learned nothing in 2 years, hard to believe the 3rd will be any different.
(02-15-2022, 03:37 PM)HurryUp1001 Wrote: I was a little shocked at the score of the Corbin/JC game this past season, especially at Corbin when you had Huff, Longmire, Patterson, Mills, Combs, all these guys in the mix.

Not taking one bit away from J. Central but the only thing to know about them is stop the run and match physicality...it's no surprise as to what they're going to do. That's where scheme and game plan comes in..

I definitely was too. One thing I have noticed about Championship caliber teams. They don't care if you know what they run, because you most likely won't stop it anyways. We were hiding our offense all year other than the running game and then we failed miserably on trying to scheme when it counted.  We couldn't score with the players you mentioned. Thats on the coaches. I talked to some Boyle friends of mine, and they will tell you, Boyle had 3 players, but the dang ball never left those 3 players hands at any time, another stop me if you can situation. So if you don't use the available talent then why have it?

(02-15-2022, 06:01 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Sometimes the truth hurts. But we will not win a ring with Greer there. He let coach mills and “crew”  push their agenda for two years when we had more talent than anyone, and our old coach will admit that. If you can’t win with that, it’s hard to be optimistic. Especially seeing how he’s handled personnel, play calling, etc. they’ve learned nothing in 2 years, hard to believe the 3rd will be any different.

Fact. Film don't lie.
For those saying Corbin makes the finals, people need to take a look in the mirror. Seriously, the staff at corbin does not and can not appropriately use talent to win games. They try to stay true to their passions and use what worked 30 years ago. Same thing with Dudley at bell with defensive schemes. The greer/mills defense is efficient against most teams, but every team has different characteristics that requires a team to change to win. Neither corbin or bell does this. How many times did Boyle run the same defense? Did they run the same defense for LCA/Douglass compared to JC? No they didn’t. Bell will allow the belfry double wing to destroy them and corbin will allow the JC wishbone to run through them unless something changes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Bull got out!
(02-15-2022, 01:31 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:

It’s as a true of story than the rest of the stories on here. Just my opinion of course.

Id love to agree with you but having the talent to win hasn’t been the problem since the current regime took over.  Losing to the same team two years in a row, while showing absolutely no improvement from one year to the next, other than screwing up the schedule says it all.  All this while putting the loss 100% on the kids and accepting none of the blame should tell you the type of coaching staff Corbin currently has…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
(02-15-2022, 11:56 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 11:50 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: As bad as I have to agree with you on this, I have seen it with my own eyes and until I see differently and I'm not expecting it to get any better when those deep playoff rounds come around. Johnson Central is still Johnson Central, and they will continue to do what they do. Boyle County now that Haddix has settled in will not slow down. It will be a friendly reminder for the remainder of his time there on what could have been. Fact.  Cool

Id love to agree with you but having the talent to win hasn’t been the problem since the current regime took over.  Losing to the same team two years in a row, while showing absolutely no improvement from one year to the next, other than screwing up the schedule says it all.  All this while putting the loss 100% on the kids and accepting none of the blame should tell you the type of coaching staff Corbin currently has…
I am not a fan of the red hounds by any means, but the last game corbin lost that was not the fault of the coaches was the Central state game. The infamous bad hold on the field goal for still one of the best kickers i’ve seen in hs has stuck in my brain for years. Other than that, the losses in big games that have piled up here recently are on the coaches not putting their players in a position to win. Corbin was one of the most talented teams in the state last year, maybe the most talented outside of Male, Douglass, ST .X. Getting embarrassed by a wishbone the way they did is ridiculous when you look at the players on the field. How many Corbin seniors are going to college to play football?
  • TD Hounds
putting corbin in the same conversation as male douglass and st x is delusional .. there may be multiple corbin seniors going to play football but only two are on scholarship
(02-16-2022, 01:40 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: putting corbin in the same conversation as male douglass and st x is delusional .. there may be multiple corbin seniors going to play football but only two are on scholarship
You kept calling us the Fredrick Douglas of 4a, now all of a sudden you are calling yourself delusional for putting them in the same conversation? You said yourself many times as bad as you hated to say it, Corbins to lose last year. So don’t act like now you as well as anyone that knows the game knew the talent that we had. May not have won it all no different than a Male or Douglas as it takes more than just talent. Takes coaches that can get it done, that’s the only thing missing in the equation.
guess I started drinking your alls koolaid you was selling ..
[-] The following 1 user Likes WhomTheBellTolls's post:
  • Bull got out!
Corbin kicked our butt at FC, we got plenty of reason as to why it happened a few things those close to the program know... some dont, none of it matters.... Week two is fun and all but it isn't important at the end as far as Wins and Losses.... But they won! Us FC folks sure were hoping to see them week 3 of the play offs though, I will tell you that. However that was last years team. We will see how things go this year.
[-] The following 2 users Like FCSPY's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
(02-16-2022, 10:29 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Corbin kicked our butt at FC, we got plenty of reason as to why it happened a few things those close to the program know... some dont, none of it matters.... Week two is fun and all but it isn't important at the end as far as Wins and Losses.... But they won! Us FC folks sure were hoping to see them week 3 of the play offs though, I will tell you that. However that was last years team. We will see  how things go this year.

After watching the FC/JC game, FC looked a lot better than when we played earlier in the year. FC is a title contender for 2022. They have the man, the myth, the legend. LOL.
(02-16-2022, 09:59 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: guess I started drinking your alls koolaid you was selling ..

Attempting to pin the roster mismanagement on our fan base is as unfair as pinning a 3rd playoff loss on the kids who wanted and where willing to do so much more than what they where allowed to do to win.  Bull will tell you I was calling out the coaching staffs agenda driven daddy ball nepotism early on in the season last year when almost no one else was seeing it.  If we’d ran the same offense all year long that we ran against Whitley Co when our starting QB was out, because he ran 20 qb sneaks the previous game, then the season could have had the potential to be a special one.  However it didn’t fit the daddy ball agenda that was being pushed and continues to be pushed by an inept OC who can’t find his rear end with both hands.  Not playing Wells both ways, imo in an attempt to hide just how special he is, was unfair to him and the team.  It is what it is the fan base will continue to be jilted and unruly while a subpar coaching staff continues to celebrate wins on a subpar schedule that leads to an early playoff exit and push an agenda that leads to dissent and players quitting or leaving the program.  I’m off the soap box, nothings gonna change for now, but I cant wait for the day or reckoning that’s gonna eventually come for all the goobers who’ve peddled this mess…
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Gitback Coach
You are exactly right. You and Bossdaddy kept telling me 100% what was going to happen as well as High Viz. I actually remember a lady getting on here one time predicting what the end result would be. Dang, she hit the nail on the head, square center. Boom.
(02-16-2022, 01:40 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: putting corbin in the same conversation as male douglass and st x is delusional .. there may be multiple corbin seniors going to play football but only two are on scholarship
I admit i’ve been a bell county fan my entire life, but if you don’t accept that the players on corbin deserve to be where they are then that’s ridiculous. “On scholarship”… who cares dude. The kids get to play at the next level. Part of this is due to one or two assistants that helped out but they were talented enough to go. Mills, Baker, and Huff were all at bell at one point but we didn’t handle it correctly. Mills probably would not have stayed with his dad but Baker and Huff should have graduated from Bell. They went to corbin, showed their talent, and get a chance to keep playing. How many players in the last couple years from bell get the opportunity to play for a D1 school, scholarship or not? The only similarities between our two schools now are that our coaches don’t adjust to win games and think too highly of themselves to accept that they are the fault. One staff at least gets their kids more opportunities to get to the next level.
  • 606CATS
(02-16-2022, 12:39 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
I admit i’ve been a bell county fan my entire life, but if you don’t accept that the players on corbin deserve to be where they are then that’s ridiculous. “On scholarship”… who cares dude. The kids get to play at the next level. Part of this is due to one or two assistants that helped out but they were talented enough to go. Mills, Baker, and Huff were all at bell at one point but we didn’t handle it correctly. Mills probably would not have stayed with his dad but Baker and Huff should have graduated from Bell. They went to corbin, showed their talent, and get a chance to keep playing. How many players in the last couple years from bell get the opportunity to play for a D1 school, scholarship or not? The only similarities between our two schools now are that our coaches don’t adjust to win games and think too highly of themselves to accept that they are the fault. One staff at least gets their kids more opportunities to get to the next level.
Well said.
(02-15-2022, 11:56 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 11:50 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: As bad as I have to agree with you on this, I have seen it with my own eyes and until I see differently and I'm not expecting it to get any better when those deep playoff rounds come around. Johnson Central is still Johnson Central, and they will continue to do what they do. Boyle County now that Haddix has settled in will not slow down. It will be a friendly reminder for the remainder of his time there on what could have been. Fact.  Cool

Whose putting that loss 100% on the kids?
Here’s the news paper clip.
(02-16-2022, 02:02 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Here’s the news paper 
I hadn’t ever seen that, not sure I fully understand why Corbin lost like they did with all the talent but it is what it is and gotta move on and support those boys! Gotta lot of talent behind those graduating seniors. Time will tell obviously but I think people will be surprised at how well Corbin competes this season. No shortage of talent coming thru anytime soon.
(02-16-2022, 04:28 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
I hadn’t ever seen that, not sure I fully understand why Corbin lost like they did with all the talent but it is what it is and gotta move on and support those boys! Gotta lot of talent behind those graduating seniors. Time will tell obviously but I think people will be surprised at how well Corbin competes this season. No shortage of talent coming thru anytime soon.

I agree that the talent is there given they are put in the right spots. I wished I was a coach, I know what I woud do and no doubt it would be on like Donkey Kong then, then Jet Pilot might be bringing me a big sack of money  Big Grin
They could have the 85 bears roster but you gotta get the ball in the hands of playmakers, and put the best 11 on the field in big moments. Doubt it happens anytime soon…
(02-09-2022, 12:23 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: They got one superstar ready to break out of the cocoon, Kid Elam. Never seen anything like this one.

(02-08-2022, 11:37 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: If this is the schedule, do they lose? It’s above average with pikeville but after that? I wouldn’t think of this schedule as rough as what’s been in the past. Greer must since a significant fall off in production or something. Does everyone remember the days of haddix and his gauntlet of schedules? This doesn’t compare…
10-0 but then loss in semis or regional.

Yeah they will lose probably a minimum of 3 games. Wouldn't be shocked to see a 4th loss. There are still some breaking developments that are pending. Be patient...... its coming......
I’ve been hearing they may be a few unhappy campers also
[-] The following 2 users Like insideinfo's post:
  • Bull got out!, Jack Lambert

I’ve always supported these young men, the way our program has been ran the last couple years have been very depressing to me.  I’ll be there and cheer our boys on once again but your dreaming if you think anything is gonna change, the problem the last couple years hasn’t been a lack of talent it’s been a lack of having anyone on the sideline that’s competent enough to coach anything but a grade school team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
Yeah you are correct on two football scholarships but they are 5 going on to the next level I haven’t seen any from bell in years that’s why I backed mine and spent about 12 to 15,000 to get him to the next level because he wasn’t going to get it from there and it’s going to save him a hell of lot in the end ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes 606CATS's post:
  • Bull got out!
(02-17-2022, 06:40 PM)606CATS Wrote:
Yeah you are correct on two football scholarships but they are 5 going on to the next level I haven’t seen any from bell in years that’s why I backed mine and spent about 12 to 15,000 to get him to the next level because he wasn’t going to get it from there and it’s going to save him a hell of lot in the end ?
I'm going to come watch some EKU games over the next 4 years. I really like the players going there. Awesome stuff! When you have some of your boys you watched in high school it makes it a little sweeter.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 606CATS, Gridiron_Raid
(02-09-2022, 12:04 AM)Fan of many Wrote: Does Corbin have a lot of underclass players ready to breakout and help compete
Absolutely..
Corbin has about as much chance of winning a state title as the Bengals have of reaching the Superbowl... Wait a minute ... they did WHAT?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Playcaller66
If Corbin couldn’t make it to the state championship game this past season with the talent they had then what makes anyone think the current coaching staff gets them there next year or ever for that matter? Does anyone believe that next years team will be more talented?
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next