•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Corbin 2022
(02-22-2022, 09:30 AM)fansville Wrote: If Corbin couldn’t make it to the state championship game this past season with  the talent they had then what makes anyone think the current coaching staff gets them there next year or ever for that matter? Does anyone believe that next years team will be more talented?

This is a rebuilding year for Corbin. You do not replace the type of athletes instantly that has graduated at Corbin.  Pikeville and Franklin County early games will tell you everything you need to know about the rest of the season. Corbin will be better early because everyone has new players settling but the lack of adjustments will fade later in the season. Thats a trend that I have seen with this staff. As far as championship, Corbin will have a chance just like the Bengals, you win you're in. But realistically, I wouldn't bet my spare change. Thats why I say probably 3-4 losses minimum on the season. That may change depending on the look of the team. Corbin has Kid Elam that will be a handful at QB, but the big question is will they take Combs and move Combs to use his skills because he is so versatile as a player, can play Running Back, Wide Receiver, Slot or QB. Brody Wells who was the #1 receiver 2 years ago, if he comes to offense and is used properly.  Then Dakota Patterson, he had some issues that kept him out of some games last year but when he was there was hardly used in my opinion. But last year he was a decoy along with Longmire to open up the running game trio of Combs, Huff and Mills. Lots of questions for me to see with my own eyes before I can accurately predict. I hope for the players sake I am completely wrong with my assumptions but knowing the trends in decision making it will make you have gray hair. I'll give you a example, last game of the year didn't play Longmire on defense that game and then didn't play Seth Mills on offense that game. Talk about knuckle heads, reckon can we get Boyle, Johnson Central and Franklin County to sit players in the 3rd 4th and 5th round games   Big Grin
(02-22-2022, 10:33 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(02-22-2022, 09:30 AM)fansville Wrote: If Corbin couldn’t make it to the state championship game this past season with  the talent they had then what makes anyone think the current coaching staff gets them there next year or ever for that matter? Does anyone believe that next years team will be more talented?

This is a rebuilding year for Corbin. You do not replace the type of athletes instantly that has graduated at Corbin.  Pikeville and Franklin County early games will tell you everything you need to know about the rest of the season. Corbin will be better early because everyone has new players settling but the lack of adjustments will fade later in the season. Thats a trend that I have seen with this staff. As far as championship, Corbin will have a chance just like the Bengals, you win you're in. But realistically, I wouldn't bet my spare change. Thats why I say probably 3-4 losses minimum on the season. That may change depending on the look of the team. Corbin has Kid Elam that will be a handful at QB, but the big question is will they take Combs and move Combs to use his skills because he is so versatile as a player, can play Running Back, Wide Receiver, Slot or QB. Brody Wells who was the #1 receiver 2 years ago, if he comes to offense and is used properly.  Then Dakota Patterson, he had some issues that kept him out of some games last year but when he was there was hardly used in my opinion. But last year he was a decoy along with Longmire to open up the running game trio of Combs, Huff and Mills. Lots of questions for me to see with my own eyes before I can accurately predict. I hope for the players sake I am completely wrong with my assumptions but knowing the trends in decision making it will make you have gray hair. I'll give you a example, last game of the year didn't play Longmire on defense that game and then didn't play Seth Mills on offense that game. Talk about knuckle heads, reckon can we get Boyle, Johnson Central and Franklin County to sit players in the 3rd 4th and 5th round games   Big Grin
Wouldn’t bank on JC and Boyle making many mistakes. Corbin has good pieces coming back, but whose to say this staff doesn’t mess around and lose a couple. Especially with the transfer rule. Players and families get mad easy these days, and I’d hate to watch talent run off due to a coaching mistake.
Very well could happen. At anytime as far as that goes.
(02-22-2022, 10:33 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

At first glance, I thought you said something like a  reporter named Knuckles is coaching in Corbin.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, Playcaller66
(02-09-2022, 12:04 AM)Fan of many Wrote: Does Corbin have a lot of underclass players ready to breakout and help compete

I saw this a while back and liked the article. @HBaker63, Class of ’24, from @RedhoundsFB is ‘getting there.’ @J50_ProTraining @minguabeefjerky @PrepSpin @MaxPreps @KyHighFootball – Kentucky Prep Gridiron
Powers, Adams, Burchett, Faulkner, Jones, and Tremaine aren't going to be manning that sideline.

40 years and counting...
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, Gitback Coach
(02-25-2022, 11:46 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Powers, Adams, Burchett, Faulkner, Jones, and Tremaine aren't going to be manning that sideline.

40 years and counting...

Pitiful that the few that perpetuated the change roughly a decade ago over politics and nepotism that had destroyed the program have again destroyed the program over their own agendas, imo only way it can be fixed for the long term is to bring in an administration and coaching staff from outside Corbin that are tone deaf and unwilling to pander to the elitists of the varsity club that have ruined the program for 40 years and counting.  I have grown up around and care deeply for most these people but they act like spoiled children when they don’t get their way…..
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
(02-26-2022, 01:38 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(02-25-2022, 11:46 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Powers, Adams, Burchett, Faulkner, Jones, and Tremaine aren't going to be manning that sideline.

40 years and counting...

Pitiful that the few that perpetuated the change roughly a decade ago over politics and nepotism that had destroyed the program have again destroyed the program over their own agendas, imo only way it can be fixed for the long term is to bring in an administration and coaching staff from outside Corbin that are tone deaf and unwilling to pander to the elitists of the varsity club that have ruined the program for 40 years and counting.  I have grown up around and care deeply for most these people but they act like spoiled children when they don’t get their way…..
Politics and nepotism has no place in high school sports. Any coach who shows favoritism to a player based on politics or nepotism should be fired. Any coach who shows favoritism by cheating for a player to help gain an advantage over another Player should be fired. This type of agenda is wrong and needs to be dealt with. Lots of people are watching and you can’t hide it. DO THE RIGHT THING..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Playcaller66's post:
  • Bull got out!
This Corbin stuff is always a good read.. You all must be doing something right, got a ton of elite athletes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • TD Hounds
(03-03-2022, 11:00 AM)FCSPY Wrote: This Corbin stuff is always a good read.. You all must be doing something right, got a ton of elite athletes.
(03-03-2022, 11:00 AM)FCSPY Wrote: This Corbin stuff is always a good read.. You all must be doing something right, got a ton of elite athletes.

Your always as classy as can be expected on here and I appreciate that, we may not always agree but I respect your opinion because of that.  I’ve been around and part of this program since I was in short pants so I’ve seen the highs and lows of the program.  Talent has never ever been a problem at Corbin there’s been a ton of really good to elite athletes on the field most every year I can remember with the exception of a few.  The problem when we’re not competing at a high level has always been coaching ineptitude and agendas.  In order to get back where Corbin wants to be we need an administration willing to look at programs that are getting it done on the field and be willing to take the steps to put our teams in a position to succeed.  I do understand what your saying we have the talent but if things continue as they have you’ll see it change, kids that should play or normally would play will quit after middle school or their freshman year until Corbin’s just another team trying to win the district.  I’ve seen this play out before and it’s painful to watch, eventually we’ll find another coach after people get over themselves and realize what’s happened but in short order he too will be shown the door only to go on and build championships somewhere else, it is the world of small town politics in Corbin.  
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
(03-03-2022, 06:49 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Your always as classy as can be expected on here and I appreciate that, we may not always agree but I respect your opinion because of that.  I’ve been around and part of this program since I was in short pants so I’ve seen the highs and lows of the program.  Talent has never ever been a problem at Corbin there’s been a ton of really good to elite athletes on the field most every year I can remember with the exception of a few.  The problem when we’re not competing at a high level has always been coaching ineptitude and agendas.  In order to get back where Corbin wants to be we need an administration willing to look at programs that are getting it done on the field and be willing to take the steps to put our teams in a position to succeed.  I do understand what your saying we have the talent but if things continue as they have you’ll see it change, kids that should play or normally would play will quit after middle school or their freshman year until Corbin’s just another team trying to win the district.  I’ve seen this play out before and it’s painful to watch, eventually we’ll find another coach after people get over themselves and realize what’s happened but in short order he too will be shown the door only to go on and build championships somewhere else, it is the world of small town politics in Corbin.  

Thanks man! when your close to a program you see your own weaknesses, every team has them! when you get as close to the finish as our two programs have been last couple years, its so heartbreaking when things do not get fixed! Hopefully our boys get to taste success! Hope we get started by avenging your alls tail whipping last year. !!
[-] The following 2 users Like FCSPY's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
(03-03-2022, 06:49 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

You know I've experienced that pain at my alma-mater.
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
Looks like Corbin has picked up a couple of coaches over the winter. Jim Black and Tyler Ross are 2 new additions.
Looks like Corbin made the news
(04-02-2022, 01:38 PM)Fan of many Wrote: Looks like Corbin made the news

I saw that. Not a laughing matter. For sure.
(04-02-2022, 03:38 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Seems Corbin has a problem, didn’t a basketball ball player a few years ago call some of Knox Cent players a bunch of monkeys
?
(04-02-2022, 09:35 PM)Fan of many Wrote:
(04-02-2022, 03:38 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Seems Corbin has a problem, didn’t a basketball ball player a few years ago call some of Knox Cent players a bunch of monkeys

Yeah... And we get another "monkey" episode that comes to light every two or three years. Ignorant parents teach their children the same ignorance that their parents bestowed upon them. It's a vicious cycle. Is racism deeply ingrained in the history, culture, and very fiber of our community? Absolutely!  Is it any worse here than any other small town community across this region of the state?   NOPE!!!   

Yes, Corbin has had a problem for over a century but Corbin is not alone in that respect. Everyone points to Corbin as the "signature" for racist thought and actions and the town seems to be everyone's whipping boy when it comes to racism. Granted, much of the criticism is deserved. However, there's lots of blame to be spread around. Corbin has a "black eye" (no pun intended) when it comes to its racial sins of the past, but I'm convinced it's not any worse here than other town around Corbin or elsewhere in southern and eastern KY. Every town has its ignorant, racist element.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
Is this the yearbook photo with a noose around a student's neck???

Oh wait, that was a similar incident less than 5 years ago.
how do the same racist things keep happening within the same school ..? you don’t hear about this at other schools .. seems like a problem from the top down .. has corbin made any admin changes within the school systems or board .. ? if nothing changes the same racist actions happen .. and when you try to clean it with “well it’s bad everywhere it’s not just us” then you again refuse to take ownership of your own problems .. sad
[-] The following 2 users Like WhomTheBellTolls's post:
  • Gitback Coach, Head_Viper
(04-03-2022, 06:27 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: how do the same racist things keep happening within the same school ..? you don’t hear about this at other schools .. seems like a problem from the top down .. has corbin made any admin changes within the school systems or board .. ? if nothing changes the same racist actions happen .. and when you try to clean it with “well it’s bad everywhere it’s not just us” then you again refuse to take ownership of your own problems .. sad

I must have missed the times all of the other schools made the news like the Corbin yearbook, the Corbin basketball Instagram, the latest incident and the rest of their stories. 

Corbin posters love attacking other schools but when they make the news, everyone else is just as bad as them... even though they aren't. Sorry, you aren't going to show me another school with two incidents where someone, of all things, put a noose around someone's neck and publicized the picture.

That the student literally captioned the photo "Your average day at Corbin". 

Corbin administration stated "Appropriate action will be taken upon completion of the investigation". I can only imagine that this means the kid gets promoted to Grand Dragon and wins Homecoming King in a landslide.
[-] The following 2 users Like Head_Viper's post:
  • Gitback Coach, WhomTheBellTolls
Yes the Corbin faithful on here who troll others and badmouth programs need to lookinthe mirror and worry about their own problems. I sure don’t see other schools making the news like this. Obviously the kids learn from the community
Can’t believe the Corbin faithful aren’t on here defending their school.
Those incidents have nothing to do with Corbin football. Anytime you guys want to meet for a cup of coffee and try to explain that ignorance don’t happen in your county, I’ll be happy to chat with you in person. I know and have family in lots of the rivalry schools and I know plenty of ignorance that didn’t make headlines but was politically swept under the rug to make sure it didn’t get out. A similar situation is the drugs in every county. I know awesome families that don’t teach there kids anything about drugs but yet one will make a bad decision and die from it at times and to say racism is taught would be no different than saying drugs are taught??? Corbin hasn’t done anything wrong to defend. A rotc student made a mistake. I nor anyone else has to defend his mistake. He probably has learned his lesson 10 times over by now.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, king360, Playcaller66
We aren’t talking about drugs, yes it’s in every home, school, county. But I don’t see other schools with mock hanging a black person, or a basketball player calling the rival team monkeys either. I doubt it gets swept under any rug in the world today with as much social media as kids are given access to. Point is all the trolls on here need to focus on their own team and players, you’ve got plenty to worry about besides trying to take other programs down
(04-05-2022, 08:45 AM)Fan of many Wrote: We aren’t talking about drugs, yes it’s in every home, school, county. But I don’t see other schools with mock hanging a black person, or a basketball player calling the rival team monkeys either.  I doubt it gets swept under any rug in the world today with as much social media as kids are given access to.  Point is all the trolls on here need to focus on their own team and players, you’ve got plenty to worry about besides trying to take other programs down
You are on a Corbin football thread doing exactly what you say you hate. The issues you and a few more are constantly bringing up has nothing to do with football. I think you guys need to keep it on topic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR
In all seriousness, the JROTC's presentation of colors for playing of the National Anthem could be a huge distraction, at least in the first game or two.
sch
Much less tangential to say that this type of thing could become a distraction than Old School Hound's constant posts about other programs kids ending up in prison or the denial and deflection elsewhere.

Could you imagine the fallout if a player decided for a show of solidarity or protest against their town's legacy during the pregame ceremonies or the type of controversy it could cause behind the scenes if they made their intentions known but were trying to be talked or intimidated out of it? Could you imagine the reaction if they went through with it?

Meanwhile, still waiting about all these stories from other schools for lynching references and obviously overtly racist incidents.

Everyone is also burying their heads in the sand if they don't think that this has a negative effect on the teams willing to schedule them, especially if they're going to be going to Corbin.
(04-05-2022, 11:25 PM)Head_Viper Wrote: In all seriousness, the JROTC's presentation of colors for playing of the National Anthem could be a huge distraction, at least in the first game or two.
sch
Much less tangential to say that this type of thing could become a distraction than Old School Hound's constant posts about other programs kids ending up in prison or the denial and deflection elsewhere.

Could you imagine the fallout if a player decided for a show of solidarity or protest against their town's legacy during the pregame ceremonies or the type of controversy it could cause behind the scenes if they made their intentions known but were trying to be talked or intimidated out of it? Could you imagine the reaction if they went through with it?

Meanwhile, still waiting about all these stories from other schools for lynching references and obviously overtly racist incidents.

Everyone is also burying their heads in the sand if they don't think that this has a negative effect on the teams willing to schedule them, especially if they're going to be going to Corbin.
Viper,  this thread is about football.

On a football note, one defensive lineman has decided to not play and to me that's huge loss for Corbin on their defensive line. He was a big contributor last year on defense as a starter.
(04-06-2022, 08:56 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(04-05-2022, 11:25 PM)Head_Viper Wrote: In all seriousness, the JROTC's presentation of colors for playing of the National Anthem could be a huge distraction, at least in the first game or two.
sch

Viper,  this thread is about football.

On a football note, one defensive lineman has decided to not play and to me that's huge loss for Corbin on their defensive line. He was a big contributor last year on defense as a starter.
Wow.. Which D-Lineman ( starter ) has decided not to play? Any starter on D-Line or O-Line from last year that’s coming back and isn’t gonna play is a HUGE loss for Corbin..how many lineman will have to play both ways?? I’m guessing that Brummett, Faulkner, West, Bolton, Jordon and Hatfield will have to play both ways? Any underclassmen lineman develpment besides Hatfield? Was told some coaches got moved to different coaching positions than last season? What coaching position change helps the hounds the most?
#54 , I’ll leave his name off here. I really like this kid. He’s big and strong and contributed to where I see he is needed in a big way. Maybe he will change his mind. His future is bright!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Playcaller66
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next