•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Corbin 2022
(04-06-2022, 12:17 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: #54 , I’ll leave his name off here. I really like this kid. He’s big and strong and contributed to where I see he is needed in a big way. Maybe he will change his mind. His future is bright!
Oh Wow..#54 was a hoss at Defensive End last season. That’s a huge loss for Corbin for sure..Has the transfer portal opened up for KHSSA to allow transfers?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Playcaller66's post:
  • Bull got out!
(04-06-2022, 12:36 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(04-06-2022, 12:17 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: #54 , I’ll leave his name off here. I really like this kid. He’s big and strong and contributed to where I see he is needed in a big way. Maybe he will change his mind. His future is bright!
Oh Wow..#54 was a hoss at Defensive End last season. That’s a huge loss for Corbin for sure..Has the transfer portal opened up for KHSSA to allow transfers?
I liked him, he is not one you want to lose. I think the KHSAA is still talking about it, Id say in the next meeting or two something will happen either way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Playcaller66
heres why i don’t think it’s completely out of bounds to bring up what happened on a football thread .. most corbin fans say that the reason they get transfers from everywhere is due to the school system being great etc etc .. does this incident hurt with getting more football transfers .. ? if you’re a mom white football player do you wanna go to a school that repeatedly is in the news over racist incidents ..?
(04-03-2022, 11:23 PM)Fan of many Wrote: Yes the Corbin faithful on here who troll others and badmouth programs need to lookinthe mirror and worry about their own problems. I sure don’t see other schools making the news like this. Obviously the kids learn from the community

If you don't believe that there is racism in every single community across this state(and nation) you are criminally naive. Corbin has its racial sins(past and present). But to think that this town is any more racist than any other is, well, frankly, just stupid thinking. For every ignorant , racially insensitive, thing said or done in a Corbin school there's an equally offensive counterpart somewhere else. Corbin draws the attention, though, because of the sins of a few over a hundred years ago.  Racism is not confined to this little town. You actually think there is a larger percentage of racists in Corbin than Manchester, McKee, London, Barbourville, or anywhere else?  I condemn all racism as ignorant. We are all ignorant. There's no one anywhere that is free of prejudices of some sort. WE ARE ALL RACISTS.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
(04-07-2022, 06:56 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: heres why i don’t think it’s completely out of bounds to bring up what happened on a football thread .. most corbin fans say that the reason they get transfers from everywhere is due to the school system being great etc etc .. does this incident hurt with getting more football transfers .. ? if you’re a mom white football player do you wanna go to a school that repeatedly is in the news over racist incidents ..?

Well again, this has nothing to do with football. But out of respect to your question about does it hurt about getting a transfer, lets take a look at Huff, he came from Knox County and is now heading to EKU with the exposure of 1 year at Corbin. Look at Bell County transfer Brandon Baker who is now heading to EKU from a years worth of exposure at Corbin. Honestly, any parent wanting to better their kid in a great school system in the surrounding area no doubt will take a look at Corbin. Corbin had 5 or 6 boys that are heading to D1 schools in football. They also had about 4 more who could have went to NAIA offers and has decided to do other career oriented avenues. I talked to someone who is high up in one of the surrounding school systems and no doubt they will tell you what a great school system Corbin is and what a great program they are. I think the bigger picture is, what are the other schools going to do when the free transfer is passed. Lots of kids will be moving to other areas. The kids know the truth, there's nothing to this stuff other than the media grabbing it and making it out to be more than what it really is. I work with a black guy every day and we talk about this stuff. There's nothing there and I guess you would want to here it from him before it would make you happy? I think the only reason you and a few more want to keep bringing it up is you are part of the problem instead of the solution?
(04-07-2022, 10:00 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(04-03-2022, 11:23 PM)Fan of many Wrote: Yes the Corbin faithful on here who troll others and badmouth programs need to lookinthe mirror and worry about their own problems. I sure don’t see other schools making the news like this. Obviously the kids learn from the community

If you don't believe that there is racism in every single community across this state(and nation) you are criminally naive. Corbin has its racial sins(past and present). But to think that this town is any more racist than any other is, well, frankly, just stupid thinking. For every ignorant , racially insensitive, thing said or done in a Corbin school there's an equally offensive counterpart somewhere else. Corbin draws the attention, though, because of the sins of a few over a hundred years ago.  Racism is not confined to this little town. You actually think there is a larger percentage of racists in Corbin than Manchester, McKee, London, Barbourville, or anywhere else?  I condemn all racism as ignorant. We are all ignorant. There's no one anywhere that is free of prejudices of some sort. WE ARE ALL RACISTS.
What’s the last school that mocked hung a black student that made the news?

no, we are not all racist.
[-] The following 2 users Like Fan of many's post:
  • 16 special, Gitback Coach
bringing awareness doesn’t make you a problem .. im not part of the problem because im not racist

as for the free transfer stuff .. kids haven’t changed weve changed in terms of this world being an instant gratification world .. a lot of kids and parents will end up seeing the grass isn’t always greener on the other side .. it’s greener where you water it
(04-08-2022, 01:02 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: bringing awareness doesn’t make you a problem .. im not part of the problem because im not racist

as for the free transfer stuff .. kids haven’t changed weve changed in terms of this world being an instant gratification world .. a lot of kids and parents will end up seeing the grass isn’t always greener on the other side .. it’s greener where you water it

You really are going to be changing a lot of minds on bluegrass rivals lol. You might want to try Facebook and Twitter to get your messages out. You might make National media. Yes, the grass is watered in Corbin.
(04-08-2022, 09:01 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(04-08-2022, 01:02 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: bringing awareness doesn’t make you a problem .. im not part of the problem because im not racist

You really are going to be changing a lot of minds on bluegrass rivals lol. You might want to try Facebook and Twitter to get your messages out. You might make National media. Yes, the grass is watered in Corbin.

corbin doesn’t need my help to make national media .. id put money they’ll put another noose around a kids neck like they did two years ago within the next couple years and they’ll do it themselves .. then apologists like yourself will say everyone’s racist just not us and deflect that if you talk about you’re part of the problem not the actual racists .. corbin kentucky .. king of the district championships and most racist incidents looks to be well watered lol
Within the few years that i’ve been in this area, i’ve physically seen evidence of racist events of corbin. This awful incident and then a few years ago a video regarding a basketball player following a game against knox central when then referred to monkeys in cages. I’ve not been here that long and we are in 2022 and this happens. I do not have many connections to corbin and have many to bell, harlan, and knox county schools. There has been racist incidents at other schools, not this massive. Not even close. Students have been suspended and or expelled from multiple schools in the region for using that particular word that should never be used. They were punished, no matter if it was an accurate punishment or not. Never would i ever imagine i would see a picture of such a heinous thing. I wouldnt want my african american nephew to be associated with such a “fine school system” no matter how fantastic the program is at getting players to the next level. I’m not saying corbin is more racist than any other town, but as a school system this cannot happen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • WhomTheBellTolls
(04-08-2022, 09:01 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Thought you guys had some pretty nice grass on my trip to Corbin. Saw Mr. Patterson will be at Uk spring game tommorow that’s exciting news for Cats fans. Expect him to have big Senior season for the hounds.
[-] The following 3 users Like Gold River's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Playcaller66
(04-09-2022, 12:27 AM)Gold River Wrote: Saw Mr. Patterson will be at Uk spring game tommorow that’s exciting news for Cats fans. Expect him to have big Senior season for the hounds.
if he stays at Corbin he will probably be given as many opportunities and have as big of a season as the former UK signee that looked a whole lot like him.

Blows my mind why real athletes are still hanging around this school/program since Haddix left and the good old boys took over.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • Bull got out!
(04-09-2022, 01:00 AM)fansville Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 12:27 AM)Gold River Wrote: Saw Mr. Patterson will be at Uk spring game tommorow that’s exciting news for Cats fans. Expect him to have big Senior season for the hounds.
if he stays at Corbin he will probably be given as many opportunities and have as big of a season as the former UK signee that looked a whole lot like him.

Blows my mind why real athletes are still hanging around this school/program since Haddix left and the good old boys took over.
In my opinion the only way he stays at Corbin is for him to get 12-15 touches per game in order to showcase him for UK. He’s a great kid I’m told with a ton of potential but past two seasons at Corbin he has been held back for others to shine in my opinion. He will definitely play college football regardless of where Senior Year is played. I just feel like Boyle County is where he finds the success he wants and deserves..Either way he will be fun to watch..
[-] The following 2 users Like Playcaller66's post:
  • Bull got out!, Jack Lambert
(04-07-2022, 10:36 PM)Fan of many Wrote:

Would be nice if you were right, but you're not. 

Find me a person who says they are 100% free of any prejudices and I say you have found  a liar.
Why did the lineman decide not to play? Is he just burned out or is he being recruited by a surrounding school?
(04-09-2022, 03:36 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Find me a person who says they are 100% free of any prejudices and I say you have found  a liar.
I'm racist against my self.
(04-09-2022, 03:58 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

There ya go .  See.  LOL
you think everyone is racist … ? that’s a hot take
(04-09-2022, 03:50 PM)Fan of many Wrote: Why did the lineman decide not to play? Is he just burned out or is he being recruited by a surrounding school?

Didn't elaborate for the most part. Any school would want a kid with his size and potential. Id say he and his family just decided what was best for him.

(04-09-2022, 03:58 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Big Grin
just saw on my facebook corbins rb huff lost all he had in a fire .. please consider donating no one should have to go through that at that age

https://www.gofundme.com/f/p33rvd-belongings-lost-in-house-fire?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&fbclid=IwAR3e1kC5k3MS6BNg6jEco_2tI1Gk-8fNTubw0noc8dWkp-ytSywCBdro32o
[-] The following 1 user Likes WhomTheBellTolls's post:
  • Bull got out!
Oh no!! This is so sad.
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!
(04-09-2022, 08:09 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: just saw on my facebook corbins rb huff lost all he had in a fire .. please consider donating no one should have to go through that at that age

https://www.gofundme.com/f/p33rvd-belongings-lost-in-house-fire?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&fbclid=IwAR3e1kC5k3MS6BNg6jEco_2tI1Gk-8fNTubw0noc8dWkp-ytSywCBdro32o

Appreciate you posting this brother! When I was his age I went through the same thing. I’d say he will need all the help he can get quickly.
  • WhomTheBellTolls
is Whitley County getting any of their players back?
(04-13-2022, 09:28 PM)pjdoug Wrote: is Whitley County getting any of their players back?
Rumor has it up here London, Williamsburg is getting a few and maybe 2 from Whitley County
(04-13-2022, 10:25 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(04-13-2022, 09:28 PM)pjdoug Wrote: is Whitley County getting any of their players back?
Rumor has it up here London, Williamsburg is getting a few and maybe 2 from Whitley County
Huh?
(04-14-2022, 02:10 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
Huh?

Huh??
Just my thought, if you are patterson and need this year to be dominant for Uk, are you complacent with the system. Limited touches for him and the other UK offer receiver all year. If he stays ay corbin great, if he leaves for a better situation, great. Hope he does amazing, but I wonder what is in his mind. If i was gonna leave i would’ve left before the spring season. And where would he go reasonably? This is one high school kid i think needs a interview with someone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Bull got out!
(04-14-2022, 08:22 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
Huh?

Huh??
Heard Whitley picked up a couple from Williamsburg. That’s all I’ve heard of transfers thus far.
(04-15-2022, 12:54 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 08:22 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
Huh?

Huh??
Heard Whitley picked up a couple from Williamsburg. That’s all I’ve heard of transfers thus far.

I hadn't heard anything. I'm not in the clique.lol
(04-14-2022, 09:59 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Just my thought, if you are patterson and need this year to be dominant for Uk, are you complacent with the system. Limited touches for him and the other UK offer receiver all year. If he stays ay corbin great, if he leaves for a better situation, great. Hope he does amazing, but I wonder what is in his mind. If i was gonna leave i would’ve left before the spring season. And where would he go reasonably? This is one high school kid i think needs a interview with someone.
Your exactly right. With that kind of ceiling, the kid needs more touches and definitely some guidance. Not everyone can just pick up and move. But if I were a coach of this young man, he would be my number 1 target this year.
  • 64SUR
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next