•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Corbin 2022
(04-17-2022, 01:12 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 09:59 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Just my thought, if you are patterson and need this year to be dominant for Uk, are you complacent with the system. Limited touches for him and the other UK offer receiver all year. If he stays ay corbin great, if he leaves for a better situation, great. Hope he does amazing, but I wonder what is in his mind. If i was gonna leave i would’ve left before the spring season. And where would he go reasonably? This is one high school kid i think needs a interview with someone.
Your exactly right. With that kind of ceiling, the kid needs more touches and definitely some guidance. Not everyone can just pick up and move. But if I were a coach of this young man, he would be my number 1 target this year.
He needs to come to Goldbug where he belongs. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
Boyle Co...Rumor has it. Truth or fact....Who Knows?
(04-17-2022, 11:00 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote: Boyle Co...Rumor has it.  Truth or fact....Who Knows?

That's been the rumor ever since Justin went to Boyle. I'm not saying it would be a bad decision on Dakota's part but I'll believe it when I see it. Stranger things have happened though but I think he will stick around.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • Bull got out!
Just finished watching the movie 23 Blast. What a great movie! Can’t believe that I’ve not heard of this until a couple of days ago.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!
I heard it over a month ago while picking up breakfast at Hardee’s one morning!
(04-18-2022, 11:13 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Just finished watching the movie 23 Blast.  What a great movie!  Can’t believe that I’ve not heard of this until a couple of days ago.

It is a great movie but it doesn’t even begin to tell the story of Travis Freeman, he’s a shining example of never quit and one of the best people you’ll ever meet.  He’s accomplished more than most people who’ve never been saddled with the obstacles he’s had to face.

(04-19-2022, 12:05 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: I heard it over a month ago while picking up breakfast at Hardee’s one morning!

Glad to see your still around and kicking Jack, better watch that Hardee’s breakfast you’ll be like me before long….having to lean way forward to try and see your feet!
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(04-19-2022, 03:49 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(04-18-2022, 11:13 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Just finished watching the movie 23 Blast.  What a great movie!  Can’t believe that I’ve not heard of this until a couple of days ago.

It is a great movie but it doesn’t even begin to tell the story of Travis Freeman, he’s a shining example of never quit and one of the best people you’ll ever meet.  He’s accomplished more than most people who’ve never been saddled with the obstacles he’s had to face.

How accurate was the movie?  I know Hollywood says based on a true story but in the movie Blindside there was quite a bit of made up stories.
(04-19-2022, 04:16 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:

How accurate was the movie?  I know Hollywood says based on a true story but in the movie Blindside there was quite a bit of made up stories.

It’s been a while since I watched the movie but best I remember Travis was already blind when he started high school, there was no one on the team that was a public drunk, no one had to convince Travis he could play he already had the desire and confidence, and we most certainly didn’t play for a state championship, but he gave 100% every time his feet hit the field.
  • Rebel55
People on here talking about racism. I was taught at a young age everyone bleeds red. I went to harrodsburg 75% black 25%other races and never had a problem. Was there racism yes not just from one race. It all boils down to how kids are raised. If it's seen or heard by young kids then they think it's alright which it's not. Please People start pulling together and act like God's children not Satan's.
[-] The following 3 users Like True pioneer's post:
  • Bull got out!, Jack Lambert, Patriot1

(04-19-2022, 12:05 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: I heard it over a month ago while picking up breakfast at Hardee’s one morning!

Glad to see your still around and kicking Jack, better watch that Hardee’s breakfast you’ll be like me before long….having to lean way forward to try and see your feet!

I wonder if he is my cousin. My Freeman ancestor is near Cumberland Falls  https://www.ancestry.com/genealogy/recor...-24-12dt52
  • Bull got out!
Do any of you Corbinites have some. s
pare land I can plant a garden on?lol
(04-21-2022, 09:00 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Do any of you Corbinites have some. s

You will have to go with a raised garden Dougie. That’s what we do. Skyscrapers lol.
(04-20-2022, 08:33 PM)True pioneer Wrote: People on here talking about racism. I was taught at a young age everyone bleeds red. I went to harrodsburg 75% black 25%other races and never had a problem.  Was there racism yes not just from one race. It all boils down to how kids are raised. If it's seen or heard by young kids then they think it's alright which it's not. Please People start pulling together and act like God's children not Satan's.
I’m glad you feel this way and hopefully everyone does. We can’t be constantly hating one another at all times or it will continue. What happened here is just a sad portrayal of what goes on in that school district that just cannot happen.
(04-21-2022, 09:52 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

You will have to go with a raised garden Dougie. That’s what we do. Skyscrapers lol.
I don't have space. I'll continue my search Smile

I do but you gotta wear all the Corbin attire I bought for you while tending to it or no deal….
(04-22-2022, 02:09 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:

I do but you gotta wear all the Corbin attire I bought for you while tending to it or no deal….
No Deal! Go Colonels!
  • Bull got out!
(04-22-2022, 10:15 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

No Deal! Go Colonels!

Big Grin
  • Bull got out!
(04-22-2022, 10:34 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:

No Deal! Go Colonels!

Big Grin
I go to war in the trenches with my team, and stay there until the end. My grandmother always said ye ain't whooped until ye quit. I've been beat down, but I've never  quit Smile
(04-22-2022, 11:03 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

No Deal! Go Colonels!

Big Grin
I go to war in the trenches with my team, and stay there until the end. My grandmother always said ye ain't whooped until ye quit. I've been beat down, but I've never  quit Smile

A lot of respect for you Dougie, I enjoy the banter with you and your sense of humor, some people don’t understand it but it keeps me in stitches.  I wish Whitley the best of luck but you still ain’t planting a garden without the Redhound wardrobe….
(04-22-2022, 11:38 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 02:09 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: I do but you gotta wear all the Corbin attire I bought for you while tending to it or no deal….
No Deal! Go Colonels!

Big Grin

A lot of respect for you Dougie, I enjoy the banter with you and your sense of humor, some people don’t understand it but it keeps me in stitches.  I wish Whitley the best of luck but you still ain’t planting a garden without the Redhound wardrobe….

I respect you, Sir, and like Corbin more than I ever did, because I think some of you on here are great people, but I'm a die-hard Colonel. I'll keep praying for some grow space Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
(04-23-2022, 05:03 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 10:15 AM)pjdoug Wrote: No Deal! Go Colonels!

Big Grin

I respect you, Sir, and like Corbin more than I ever did, because I think some of you on here are great people, but I'm a die-hard Colonel. I'll keep praying for some grow space Smile

Big Grin I try and be a good person buddy, at least in the eyes of the only person who will truly ever judge me….Go Colonels!!! like I said before I’ll support you all as much as I possibly can except that one game.  Let me see what I can come up with, most my excess property is zoned commercial so I’m not sure how a garden would work but if I can help you out you got it….Sleep easy and God Bless my brother!!
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, pjdoug
(04-24-2022, 01:09 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 10:34 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: Big Grin

Big Grin I try and be a good person buddy, at least in the eyes of the only person who will truly ever judge me….Go Colonels!!! like I said before I’ll support you all as much as I possibly can except that one game.  Let me see what I can come up with, most my excess property is zoned commercial so I’m not sure how a garden would work but if I can help you out you got it….Sleep easy and God Bless my brother!!
Thanks, Friend! Maybe you'll find a small plot unused that can be plowed up for a few months and I'll give you heirloom beans and tomatoes.lol
  • Bull got out!
Corbin should be near the top of the second tier of team in their class.
(04-24-2022, 04:39 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 01:09 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 11:03 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I go to war in the trenches with my team, and stay there until the end. My grandmother always said ye ain't whooped until ye quit. I've been beat down, but I've never  quit Smile

Thanks, Friend! Maybe you'll find a small plot unused that can be plowed up for a few months and I'll give you heirloom beans and tomatoes.lol

Dougie I sent you a pm…

(04-26-2022, 05:06 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Corbin should be near the top of the second tier of team in their class.

We are apparently only after wins on a cheesecake schedule, As long as you can win 12 games and go undefeated in the regular season who cares about a championship, right?  Undecided
  • Bull got out!
History repeats itself. Coach Hilton leaves Bell County in the late 1990's after winning numerous region titles and state championships. Greer takes over and loses in the second round of the playoffs in '98, '99, and '00. 20 years later and the same thing happening at Corbin. Bell had Coach Hilton come back and get Bell competitive again. Ain't no Haddix coming back to save Corbin. The good ole boys at Corbin are willing to let the current coaching staff burn the program to ground rather than admit that they royally screwed up. And this is coming from a LONG time Corbin supporter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesdeane's post:
  • Bull got out!
(04-27-2022, 12:24 PM)jamesdeane Wrote: History repeats itself. Coach Hilton leaves Bell County in the late 1990's after winning numerous region titles and state championships. Greer takes over and loses in the second round of the playoffs in '98, '99, and '00. 20 years later and the same thing happening at Corbin. Bell had Coach Hilton come back and get Bell competitive again. Ain't no Haddix coming back to save Corbin. The good ole boys at Corbin are willing to let the current coaching staff burn the program to ground rather than admit that they royally screwed up. And this is coming from a LONG time Corbin supporter.

The big difference is Dudley left on his own accord, not because of back door dealing and being undermined by the administration and superintendent.  Haddix didn’t kiss their @ss and bow in their presence so they effectively ran him off.  I’ve lived my entire existence as a Redhound and am as passionate about our team as anyone but politics in the administration has been terrible for as long as I can remember and it has held the program back in the process.  A broom is needed and qualified people from outside the system need to be brought in from school systems that have shown a commitment to sports as well as academics.  This common theme that we have all the talent to win with and the coach doesn’t matter is horse sh!t.  Haddix should have had complete control when he was hired and shown the potential he had, not been constantly berated and undermined by a bunch of 60 year old adolescents trying to relive the glory days while wringing their hands over the color of some cleats, socks, or the paint scheme of the helmets….
[-] The following 3 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Gitback Coach, Playcaller66
Corbin loses to Johnson Central and all a sudden their coaches just flat out suck. JC has been beating teams down for a long time. Haddix doesn’t get that 5th year rule he doesn’t beat JC this year.
(04-27-2022, 03:24 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Corbin loses to Johnson Central and all a sudden their coaches just flat out suck.  JC has been beating teams down for a long time.  Haddix doesn’t get that 5th year rule he doesn’t beat JC this year.

I watched the championship game. Most the team Boyle had was undersized to Johnson Central, coaching and game planning in those big games count and Corbin had neither, Corbin had the talent to win the game. Boyle was well prepared and I’m happy for Johnson Central on making it there. Haddix was at Corbin, then Corbin would have made it to the championship with this past years team. You have to be able to watch film and make adjustments. That’s the difference in a lot of coaching staffs, most play daddy ball. Haddix don’t
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Rebel55, TD Hounds
(04-27-2022, 03:24 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Corbin loses to Johnson Central and all a sudden their coaches just flat out suck.  JC has been beating teams down for a long time.  Haddix doesn’t get that 5th year rule he doesn’t beat JC this year.

40 years, JC hasn’t been the problem for 40 years….I respect the he!! out of JC but at some point you all are gonna have to realize the problem Corbin fans have has nothing to do with JC, maybe look at the fact that our former coach went somewhere else and is doing things that he didn’t do here, was it because of him or the bullish!t he constantly had to deal with here….
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Gitback Coach
(04-27-2022, 10:59 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

40 years, JC hasn’t been the problem for 40 years….I respect the he!! out of JC but at some point you all are gonna have to realize the problem Corbin fans have has nothing to do with JC, maybe look at the fact that our former coach went somewhere else and is doing things that he didn’t do here, was it because of him or the bullish!t he constantly had to deal with here….

FACT!
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next