•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Corbin 2022
Bazooka, I don't understand how you can disagree with what I said. It is a fact. How are you going to have all this talent as Corbin fans like to talk about out and not have titles to show for it. It is 100% the coaching. The schedule last year was weak. Corbin did not play anyone good besides Franklin. The team chemistry was a joke because of the coaches and their selfishness. Now you expect us to believe that they are going to be better. I could understand if they have won a little bit but they have not. They have gotten beat by Johnson Central the last two years. It is not a secret what they were going to do but you watch the film and the players look unprepared. Until Corbin actually wins something I am going to firmly believe that they will be the same. Beat the area teams with their players, play a weak schedule, and go out in the third round.
(05-03-2022, 09:41 AM)HighViz Wrote: Bazooka, what was your previous name on here where u said they weren’t gonna win? Cause you have 6 posts.  All on this thread the last 2 days. That’s the fake/shady news.  You can search my post history and see all I’ve written. Also, does your son play?  Jus trying to put 2/2 together here.  The only way I would talk these coaches up the way you have is if I had a son that may get some playin time or I was a hardcore Good ol Boy.  Maybe if I was kin to Cattleman I may say this stuff. I don’t see Corbin faithful backing you up.

Has the defense been better?
NO

Has the offense been better?
NO

Has the team been better, more productive?
NO

Has the team played in December?
NO

Will it be talked about for years to come about how the Good ol boy club took something good and made it worse for the kids and school.
YES

Will somethe kids stay thru another year of this drama or will they go.
GO, and we will see how right I am come July.

Help me out here a little.

Old name was the Undisputed Truth, I asked the administrators on here to delete it after I'd made my point. 

If I did/do have a child playing, what good would it do for me to praise the coaches under an anonymous internet handle? Lol, how would they know who to reward? 

And I've never needed any backup, I'm quite capable of handling this or any other situation all by my lonesome.

There's no need to go line by line addressing your questions, I merely need to point out one thing: Greer has only been the head coach for 2 seasons. Haddix left during a transitional period. Greer hasn't enjoyed the same type of MATURE talent that Haddix did. 

Now, you can argue all day that Haddix cultivated that talent and you may be right, but he was barely .500 his last season in corbin because the transition had begun after his back to back state championship losses and a move from 3A to 4A. 

Greer's first season saw sophomores bear much of the load as they made up a large part of the nucleus, and last year those same kids were juniors. They needed time to mature and were hampered by a lack of size on the defensive front. If the athletes in the young nucleus had more upperclassmen with size to lean on, they probably would have competed better against JC. Each of these past 2 years they have been a bad match up for us and we caught them twice in a row.

All Greer has done is go 24-2 (I think) in his first 2 seasons while dealing with an undersized offensive/defensive front. It's not the kids fault, there are some good football players that just came through Corbin, but they just weren't big enough to deal with JC. 

It's also not Greer's fault, he has shown time and time again, as recently as when he shut Boyle out 20-0 at Corbin in the semis of 2018 and when we beat Central at their place in the 2017 semis, that he can coach the defensive side of the ball. I mean, Greer was the DC for the entirety of Haddix's run in Corbin and for Dudley's prime at Bell. Do you not recognize the quality he has put on the field for the last 30 years?

Furthermore, if there are key players leaving then I'm not aware of it, and won't hold it against them if they do. I know who will be there for sure, and that is enough for me to be optimistic. 

Sports and politics are similar when it comes to perception. Most people form an opinion without gathering the facts, then only accept information that fits their narrative. Bottom line is that Greer has done an outstanding job and has lost 2 games in 2 years, both of them Region title games against a bigger, badder, more mature opponent. This coming year needs to be our turn to get some payback, we'll see what this season holds. It's high school football and anything can happen.

Does that help you out?

I forgot there were a couple of covid cancelations that would have been sure wins in 2020, and our young kids lost the opener to Beechwood that same year. So, Greer's record is more like 20-3. My point is still valid.
I’m all in on Corbin winning a state championship and I would do anything at all to help these young men have the best experience they could while accomplishing that. However your claims about the offensive and defensive line our outlandish. Last year was supposed to be the year, the Junior and Senior class had both dominated in middle school and had key transfers to bolster unbelievable depth along both sides of the line. Your now going to have 3 to 4 players along the line playing both ways. Further Haddix took over a Corbin program that had a losing record the year prior and took them to a state semis in his inaugural year. 2016 when Belfry switched to a trap play in the second half, the defense didn’t adjust, 2017 Boyle ran a trap play all game with no adjustments, ditto for Mayfield 2018 and Central 2018 with one player running a grade school offense, no adjustments. However I still think believe Greer is a great DC but maybe that’s all he is…..I have no idea what your agenda is but if your from Corbin then you should understand our fans know good football, if we’d seen it then there wouldn’t be nearly as much complaining.
That's wild to discredit kids like Brayden Reynolds, Carter Sevier, Jonathan Goforth, Tucker Burns, Brady Bryant, and Hunter Heath.. all kids who poured their all into the program. The only one of those kids that could be labeled as "undersized" would be Brayden Reynolds and he was stronger than every kid he went up against all season and was probably the best DL of all of them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • Playcaller66
(05-03-2022, 01:07 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: That's wild to discredit kids like Brayden Reynolds, Carter Sevier, Jonathan Goforth, Tucker Burns, Brady Bryant, and Hunter Heath.. all kids who poured their all into the program. The only one of those kids that could be labeled as "undersized" would be Brayden Reynolds and he was stronger than every kid he went up against all season and was probably the best DL of all of them.

There’s no discrediting them, they where great players for us and even better young men…I can’t wait to see what life holds for them in their futures and wish them nothing but the stars…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • FootballFan1999
(05-03-2022, 01:47 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 01:07 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: That's wild to discredit kids like Brayden Reynolds, Carter Sevier, Jonathan Goforth, Tucker Burns, Brady Bryant, and Hunter Heath.. all kids who poured their all into the program. The only one of those kids that could be labeled as "undersized" would be Brayden Reynolds and he was stronger than every kid he went up against all season and was probably the best DL of all of them.

There’s no discrediting them, they where great players for us and even better young men…I can’t wait to see what life holds for them in their futures and wish them nothing but the stars…

That was towards Bazooka not you TD.
(05-02-2022, 02:08 PM)Bazooka Joe Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 05:57 AM)64SUR Wrote: ^  R U any kin to cattleman, asking for myself???

Don't know his identity, so who knows lol

(05-02-2022, 01:23 PM)jamesclay Wrote: I love it when Corbin isn't as good as their dads think they should be.

I illustrated my objectivity by reminding everyone that I didnt see any possibility of a state championship last season, and did so right after we beat the brakes off Franklin. I feel pretty good about my self-awarenesss.

(05-02-2022, 12:44 PM)HighViz Wrote:
(05-02-2022, 05:57 AM)64SUR Wrote: ^  R U any kin to cattleman, asking for myself???

Think they must be double first cousins. They also belong to the Good ol Boy Club together. Fake News and Hype club Presidents.  For anyone to say they are happy with this staff and what they are doin also jus tells me they are trolling as well.

(05-01-2022, 11:41 PM)Bazooka Joe Wrote:
(05-01-2022, 11:31 PM)HighViz Wrote:
(05-01-2022, 06:55 PM)Bazooka Joe Wrote: Justin Haddix is a brilliant football mind and an outstanding coach; however, he is not the infallible human some of you portray him to be. I'm not going to get into a character debate, there's no need, and I'm not picking on him. We all fall short of perfection and he is no different. I've moved on and forgiven his trespasses just as I hope that any I've wronged have forgiven me.

On the football side, he isn't perfect either. He blew the state championship game against Louisville Central in 2018 and while his preparation was impeccable against Belfry in the semis in 2016, his poor play-calling late in the 3rd and 4th quarters cost us that one as well.

Hey, that's what being a young coach is all about. He's brilliant but made mistakes, and he has clearly improved even more as evidenced by his consecutive state titles.

Not looking for an argument, just think it bears mentioning that he isn't perfect on or off the field before I transition into my point, which is that this is a Corbin 2022 thread and the Redhounds end the drought this year.

Unlike some, I'm pleased with the staff and the approach/mentality with this Corbin team. This team is far bigger and more talented up front on the defensive side and will feature explosive, dynamic weapons on the offensive side.

We all know that JC, Boyle, Franklin, Central, etc. will be solid if not great, but I like this Corbin team. While nothing is certain and their inexperience could cause them to drop a game or 2 early, this bunch of Redhounds is better equipped to run the gauntlet late.

P. S. - Remember, I'm the guy that told you all AFTER Corbin dismantled Franklin County early last season that we had no shot to win it. I knew from watching a couple of scrimmages we couldn't stop JC or Boyle. And now I'm telling you this, we have work to do and need the good Lord to keep us healthy, but we're the most talented team in 4A this year, write it down.
Hey Good ol boy! How are you? I’m one of those guys that said people like you were crazy when it all went down. You are proving me right! And NO.  Corbin is NOT the most talented team this year. A Good team if they keep the players, but I don’t see that either.

Lol, I'm good, how are you? I was right last year, time will tell this year. From what I see they will keep all key players, and they added one that not many know about. It's gonna be interesting.

(05-01-2022, 11:33 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(05-01-2022, 06:55 PM)Bazooka Joe Wrote: Justin Haddix is a brilliant football mind and an outstanding coach; however, he is not the infallible human some of you portray him to be. I'm not going to get into a character debate, there's no need, and I'm not picking on him. We all fall short of perfection and he is no different. I've moved on and forgiven his trespasses just as I hope that any I've wronged have forgiven me.

On the football side, he isn't perfect either. He blew the state championship game against Louisville Central in 2018 and while his preparation was impeccable against Belfry in the semis in 2016, his poor play-calling late in the 3rd and 4th quarters cost us that one as well.

Hey, that's what being a young coach is all about. He's brilliant but made mistakes, and he has clearly improved even more as evidenced by his consecutive state titles.

Not looking for an argument, just think it bears mentioning that he isn't perfect on or off the field before I transition into my point, which is that this is a Corbin 2022 thread and the Redhounds end the drought this year.

Unlike some, I'm pleased with the staff and the approach/mentality with this Corbin team. This team is far bigger and more talented up front on the defensive side and will feature explosive, dynamic weapons on the offensive side.

We all know that JC, Boyle, Franklin, Central, etc. will be solid if not great, but I like this Corbin team. While nothing is certain and their inexperience could cause them to drop a game or 2 early, this bunch of Redhounds is better equipped to run the gauntlet late.

P. S. - Remember, I'm the guy that told you all AFTER Corbin dismantled Franklin County early last season that we had no shot to win it. I knew from watching a couple of scrimmages we couldn't stop JC or Boyle. And now I'm telling you this, we have work to do and need the good Lord to keep us healthy, but we're the most talented team in 4A this year, write it down.

I was excited about reading your great post through the first half of it, until you said are pleased with the staff. lol

Lol, thanks, I think they're doing a good job with this bunch.

(05-01-2022, 11:31 PM)HighViz Wrote:

Hey Good ol boy! How are you? I’m one of those guys that said people like you were crazy when it all went down. You are proving me right! And NO.  Corbin is NOT the most talented team this year. A Good team if they keep the players, but I don’t see that either.

As far as being most talented, who else in 4A has 5-6 kids (at minimum) that are going to earn D1 scholarships in their junior/senior class? And that doesn't include Elam, who is a sophomore that is already committed to play baseball at UL. If he were football only I feel pretty good about his ability to make a D1 roster at qb.

This also shows me you have 2 posts.   Both are about how good the current staff is.   So rewind to last year and where were you?

What are you talking about? Fake news and trolling? Lol, I correctly predicted the ultimate outcome of last year's Corbin team after week 3. I simply voice my opinion this year now that I've seen a little spring football and I'm a "fake news good ole boy?"

Maybe you should lay off right-wing media and Qanon for a while, it's making you paranoid lol.

(05-02-2022, 12:26 PM)RunninReb Wrote: Corbin had all the talent in the world last year and they did not make it past the region. So I am not sure that talent is the end all be all. A lot of talented teams don't win the state championship. Corbin has had this talent for years now and has nothing to show for it. I think I see the common denominator with Corbin.

Must agree to disagree, last year's team wasn't as talented as most thought. Particularly, a lack of size on the defensive front proved costly in the playoffs.The 2022 team is more talented.

(05-02-2022, 09:54 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:

franklin has 22 kids that are d2 or better according to fcpsy .. how are you more talented than them ..

Just because I stopped at mentioning D1 talent doesn't mean it falls off a cliff after those kids lol. There are several other kids up and down the roster that can play college football.

Postseason is all about matches, and this Corbin team is going to be very difficult to defend.

The defensive scheme got corbin beat. Wasn’t the size. If size mattered any corbin wouldn’t win at all. They win with heart and determination.
To whomever claimed that I "discredited" past players, I suppose you didn't read the entire post. I stated that there had been good football players come through the program, they just weren't blessed with great size. And if my claims are so "outlandish" then how was I able to predict last season's outcome 3 weeks in when everyone thought it was Corbin's year. I went out on a limb and gave you a reality check. There was no way that 200ish pound defensive linemen had a prayer against JC.

It's actually insulting that you would accuse me of slighting or "discrediting" any kids, and it's a lie. Is that what society has come to? I point out that 200 pound kids aren't likely to win battles consistently against 300 pound kids (shocker), all the while praising those kids for their efforts and never mentioning a single name, and you're gonna try and label me a bad guy?

Newsflash, bigger is better up front. Do you see SEC schools offering 6'0 200 pound defensive tackles? No, and do you know why? Because SEC offensive linemen are 300 pounders, and if a kid is too small he doesn't stand a chance.

Do you think the people from JC thought defensive scheme had anything to do with last year? Those were grown men on that offensive line and they executed their system to perfection. If a team is that much bigger and stronger, and they execute their plan, turn out the lights cause the party's over. It was a good season, that's how it works.

This is why I don't comment on this site. If a person has an opinion that differs from yours (even though my opinion has been proven true) you react like a pack of hyenas lol. And while your arguments are easily defeated, it's exhausting and time consuming. Stop reacting so quickly with your emotions for Pete's sake lol, you're grown men.

Next year's junior/senior class (there'll be a few younger ones mixed in at certain spots) is better built to win it. They have work to do and the road will be challenging as always, but I like their makeup. I've spoken my peace and I've not disrespected any kids, you all have a good day lol.
(05-03-2022, 04:40 PM)Bazooka Joe Wrote: To whomever claimed that I "discredited" past players, I suppose you didn't read the entire post. I stated that there had been good football players come through the program, they just weren't blessed with great size. And if my claims are so "outlandish" then how was I able to predict last season's outcome 3 weeks in when everyone thought it was Corbin's year. I went out on a limb and gave you a reality check. There was no way that 200ish pound defensive linemen had a prayer against JC.

It's actually insulting that you would accuse me of slighting or "discrediting" any kids, and it's a lie. Is that what society has come to? I point out that 200 pound kids aren't likely to win battles consistently against 300 pound kids (shocker), all the while praising those kids for their efforts and never mentioning a single name, and you're gonna try and label me a bad guy?

Newsflash, bigger is better up front. Do you see SEC schools offering 6'0 200 pound defensive tackles? No, and do you know why? Because SEC offensive linemen are 300 pounders, and if a kid is too small he doesn't stand a chance.

Do you think the people from JC thought defensive scheme had anything to do with last year? Those were grown men on that offensive line and they executed their system to perfection. If a team is that much bigger and stronger, and they execute their plan, turn out the lights cause the party's over. It was a good season, that's how it works.

This is why I don't comment on this site. If a person has an opinion that differs from yours (even though my opinion has been proven true) you react like a pack of hyenas lol. And while your arguments are easily defeated, it's exhausting and time consuming. Stop reacting so quickly with your emotions for Pete's sake lol, you're grown men.

Next year's junior/senior class (there'll be a few younger ones mixed in at certain spots) is better built to win it. They have work to do and the road will be challenging as always, but I like their makeup. I've spoken my peace and I've not disrespected any kids, you all have a good day lol.

We had two juniors rotating at DT last year that I’m assuming are gonna be there again this year as starters, they both done an outstanding job I thought, we got some transfers coming in that the rest of us don’t know about?

(05-03-2022, 01:50 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 01:47 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

That was towards Bazooka not you TD.

I know was just saying… not a slight toward you at all, I care about our young men and spend time checking on them even after they’ve left the program.  I want them to have the best experience of their lives playing here and go on to achieve great things, and try as much as I can to help them do that, from what I’ve read your the same way too.
More Coffee please. Anyone can have views. But true Corbin fans know the truth.

Undisputed Truth if you remember, we was disputing about Knox Central. The team you follow. Lol.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • FootballFan1999, TD Hounds
The Undisputed Truth
Banned
Threads: 0
Likes Given: 2
#1509-07-2021, 01:16 PM
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2021, 01:20 PM by The Undisputed Truth.)
(09-07-2021, 12:41 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: 
(09-07-2021, 12:10 PM)The Undisputed Truth Wrote: 
For a fan-base that hasn't won a State Championship in 40 years and lacks the personnel to stop the Johnson Central running game, you Corbin folks sure are confident. The passive-aggressive conversation pieces are really funny given the circumstances lol.

Johnson Central returns basically the exact same football team from last season. They are huge and outstanding up front. I encourage you to find footage of them on Youtube and then explain to me how your undersized defensive front-seven will attempt to slow the Eagles down.

Corbin looked good against a small, one-dimensional Franklin County team with the help of a little homecooking, congrats lol
From a fan base that has not won when y'all were in the class as Cov Cath and FT Highlands. It' took for them to move out of 4A to 5A for you all start winning state. Don't get me wrong, JC is good, but we don't need some dad or some glory day years (Al Bundy) on here trying to hype JC.
I'm not a Johnson Central fan or parent, and considering I played college football the Al Bundy comparison doesn't really work, though I get the feeling you probably wish that you had experienced the same level of success as Bundy in football. Furthermore, I will hype who I want, when I want. Your permission isn't required.

The truth can be difficult to hear sometimes. Especially when you're a fan of a program that is so desperate to win a state title and be considered relevant again that over half your starters are from other schools lol. Let's also not forget that Corbin is playing 4A football with a 5A enrollment, just as they were playing 3A football with a 4A enrollment a few years ago when they got to back to back title games. Corbin is slated to move to 5A next year or the following year.

I mean, Corbin successfully recruits athletes from surrounding counties every year and because of their enrollment growth they have manipulated the system in order to ensure they are one of the largest schools in their respective class in the final year/years of the last two alignment periods. Yet, no titles.

The Corbin talent pool must be pretty thin if stealing so many players from other places can't get you over the hump, just saying.
(09-07-2021, 12:37 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: 
(09-07-2021, 08:45 AM)Hound05 Wrote: 
(09-07-2021, 08:30 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: 
(09-07-2021, 07:23 AM)Hound05 Wrote: 
Should be:

1) Johnson central.
2/3) Corbin/Lex cath.
4. Boyle
5) Franklin

The rest, I have no clue. But seeing Lincoln co. Play last year and not losing a whole lot of production, I think they can beat anyone in the bottom 5. Still don’t think there’s much separation in the top 4 other than the addition of LC proving they can play, so I guess top 5 now. A lot of people looks at the loses and places a lot of emphasis and opinion on those in the top tier. Boyle lost to a very very good team, probably a finalist team, by few points. Franklin lost to a good Corbin team on the road with a fairly significant player not at 100% in the 2nd half. I will say I’d hate to be in Boyle and Lex caths district with those two solid teams. Boyle will have their hands full. But it just seems like Boyle has just had their number for the past couple years. But with new staff changes, it could be a very tough district. But district 7 won’t be a walk in the park either. I think the past years 2nd-4th we’re almost pretty even. Lincoln gave us a close one at home. And Knox central beat Wayne in the playoffs. This year I don’t think it’s as spread across with Wayne and KC taking a slight step back, but LC taking a step forward. Should be interesting in a couple weeks when districts start to unfold.

I think you are giving your best Lou Holtz impression. You really think Catholic is on par with Corbin ?  Nah.  Catholic defeated Pulaski by 2 points at home. Yes, they beat Cov. Cath but this isn't a dominant Cov. Cath team. It took some late scores, I think,  for Lex Cath to win that one.  I think you are pretty sure your Hounds would drub the Catholics. And JC has played one game and against a terrible opponent. What have they done to deserve #1? Also, they are dealing with the coach's health issues. That can serve as a difficult distraction for young kids. Hopefully, they can fight through that. Let's face it,  Corbin is the top team right now whether we want that designation or not. Honestly, when it all shakes out at the end, its Haddix and Boyle that will probably be looking eye to eye with Corbin and ready to get down and dirty at Kroger.

Having said all that, so many variables come into play during a season; injuries, first and foremost. So, as in politics, the winds of change can blow in quickly in HS football changing the whole landscape. A bad break or two or an unfortunate injury or unseen circumstance could flip a team's season upside down. But, for now, it seems like Corbin has earned the #1 designation, whether we want it or not.
Smile Shhhhhhhhh. Don’t give them the truthful thoughts of mine. Most on here can’t handle it.
I know. Believe me, I get it.  #1 is a scary place to be sometimes.  Remember ,  UK 38-0 ? But true champions wear that #1 moniker with pride and say " Come on, I'll dare you to take it from us."  If you ever listened to Lou Holtz, you would think his teams had no chance against a good opponent. But he really knew better. Lou was a psychologist ; he was the ultimate sandbagger.  If Lou was the Corbin coach he would say, "we really got lucky against Franklin. Talent -wise they are so much better but we got some good breaks and played as well as we possibly could. The chances of us repeating that performance is infinitesimal. They would be huge favorites if we play them again. We are probably not near the top five right now. Hopefully, we can get some more breaks along the way and win a couple more games."  LOL

Some teams wilt under the pressure of great expectations. But those teams are not champions. Champions say, "You're damned right were #1 and we're gonna show you why."  Barring injuries or unforeseen  circumstances,  and I may be wrong, but I see the Redhounds embracing #1  and severely punishing any opponent who doubts them.
For a fan-base that hasn't won a State Championship in 40 years and lacks the personnel to stop the Johnson Central running game, you Corbin folks sure are confident. The passive-aggressive conversation pieces are really funny given the circumstances lol.

Johnson Central returns basically the exact same football team from last season. They are huge and outstanding up front. I encourage you to find footage of them on Youtube and then explain to me how your undersized defensive front-seven will attempt to slow the Eagles down.

Corbin looked good against a small, one-dimensional Franklin County team with the help of a little homecooking, congrats lol

I see why you are a "waterboy."
You can't see the forest for the trees

When you get Banned, its not because you ask them to put you in time out lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Gitback Coach
LOL! You're the man (or woman) Bull Got Out!
(05-03-2022, 10:35 AM)Bazooka Joe Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 09:41 AM)HighViz Wrote: Bazooka, what was your previous name on here where u said they weren’t gonna win? Cause you have 6 posts.  All on this thread the last 2 days. That’s the fake/shady news.  You can search my post history and see all I’ve written. Also, does your son play?  Jus trying to put 2/2 together here.  The only way I would talk these coaches up the way you have is if I had a son that may get some playin time or I was a hardcore Good ol Boy.  Maybe if I was kin to Cattleman I may say this stuff. I don’t see Corbin faithful backing you up.

NO

NO

NO

NO

Will it be talked about for years to come about how the Good ol boy club took something good and made it worse for the kids and school.
YES

Old name was the Undisputed Truth, I asked the administrators on here to delete it after I'd made my point. 

If I did/do have a child playing, what good would it do for me to praise the coaches under an anonymous internet handle? Lol, how would they know who to reward? 

And I've never needed any backup, I'm quite capable of handling this or any other situation all by my lonesome.

There's no need to go line by line addressing your questions, I merely need to point out one thing: Greer has only been the head coach for 2 seasons. Haddix left during a transitional period. Greer hasn't enjoyed the same type of MATURE talent that Haddix did. 

Now, you can argue all day that Haddix cultivated that talent and you may be right, but he was barely .500 his last season in corbin because the transition had begun after his back to back state championship losses and a move from 3A to 4A. 

Greer's first season saw sophomores bear much of the load as they made up a large part of the nucleus, and last year those same kids were juniors. They needed time to mature and were hampered by a lack of size on the defensive front. If the athletes in the young nucleus had more upperclassmen with size to lean on, they probably would have competed better against JC. Each of these past 2 years they have been a bad match up for us and we caught them twice in a row.

All Greer has done is go 24-2 (I think) in his first 2 seasons while dealing with an undersized offensive/defensive front. It's not the kids fault, there are some good football players that just came through Corbin, but they just weren't big enough to deal with JC. 

It's also not Greer's fault, he has shown time and time again, as recently as when he shut Boyle out 20-0 at Corbin in the semis of 2018 and when we beat Central at their place in the 2017 semis, that he can coach the defensive side of the ball. I mean, Greer was the DC for the entirety of Haddix's run in Corbin and for Dudley's prime at Bell. Do you not recognize the quality he has put on the field for the last 30 years?

Furthermore, if there are key players leaving then I'm not aware of it, and won't hold it against them if they do. I know who will be there for sure, and that is enough for me to be optimistic. 

Sports and politics are similar when it comes to perception. Most people form an opinion without gathering the facts, then only accept information that fits their narrative. Bottom line is that Greer has done an outstanding job and has lost 2 games in 2 years, both of them Region title games against a bigger, badder, more mature opponent. This coming year needs to be our turn to get some payback, we'll see what this season holds. It's high school football and anything can happen.

Does that help you out?

I forgot there were a couple of covid cancelations that would have been sure wins in 2020, and our young kids lost the opener to Beechwood that same year. So, Greer's record is more like 20-3. My point is still valid.
You are confused on defensive players not being big enough. I've watched smaller and quicker players shut the running game down too many times to count. Corbin has been outcoached in the big games
(05-03-2022, 10:52 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: The Undisputed Truth
Banned

From a fan base that has not won when y'all were in the class as Cov Cath and FT Highlands. It' took for them to move out of 4A to 5A for you all start winning state. Don't get me wrong, JC is good, but we don't need some dad or some glory day years (Al Bundy) on here trying to hype JC.
I'm not a Johnson Central fan or parent, and considering I played college football the Al Bundy comparison doesn't really work, though I get the feeling you probably wish that you had experienced the same level of success as Bundy in football. Furthermore, I will hype who I want, when I want. Your permission isn't required.

The truth can be difficult to hear sometimes. Especially when you're a fan of a program that is so desperate to win a state title and be considered relevant again that over half your starters are from other schools lol. Let's also not forget that Corbin is playing 4A football with a 5A enrollment, just as they were playing 3A football with a 4A enrollment a few years ago when they got to back to back title games. Corbin is slated to move to 5A next year or the following year.

I mean, Corbin successfully recruits athletes from surrounding counties every year and because of their enrollment growth they have manipulated the system in order to ensure they are one of the largest schools in their respective class in the final year/years of the last two alignment periods. Yet, no titles.

The Corbin talent pool must be pretty thin if stealing so many players from other places can't get you over the hump, just saying.
Should be:

1) Johnson central.
2/3) Corbin/Lex cath.
4. Boyle
5) Franklin

The rest, I have no clue. But seeing Lincoln co. Play last year and not losing a whole lot of production, I think they can beat anyone in the bottom 5. Still don’t think there’s much separation in the top 4 other than the addition of LC proving they can play, so I guess top 5 now. A lot of people looks at the loses and places a lot of emphasis and opinion on those in the top tier. Boyle lost to a very very good team, probably a finalist team, by few points. Franklin lost to a good Corbin team on the road with a fairly significant player not at 100% in the 2nd half. I will say I’d hate to be in Boyle and Lex caths district with those two solid teams. Boyle will have their hands full. But it just seems like Boyle has just had their number for the past couple years. But with new staff changes, it could be a very tough district. But district 7 won’t be a walk in the park either. I think the past years 2nd-4th we’re almost pretty even. Lincoln gave us a close one at home. And Knox central beat Wayne in the playoffs. This year I don’t think it’s as spread across with Wayne and KC taking a slight step back, but LC taking a step forward. Should be interesting in a couple weeks when districts start to unfold.

I think you are giving your best Lou Holtz impression. You really think Catholic is on par with Corbin ?  Nah.  Catholic defeated Pulaski by 2 points at home. Yes, they beat Cov. Cath but this isn't a dominant Cov. Cath team. It took some late scores, I think,  for Lex Cath to win that one.  I think you are pretty sure your Hounds would drub the Catholics. And JC has played one game and against a terrible opponent. What have they done to deserve #1? Also, they are dealing with the coach's health issues. That can serve as a difficult distraction for young kids. Hopefully, they can fight through that. Let's face it,  Corbin is the top team right now whether we want that designation or not. Honestly, when it all shakes out at the end, its Haddix and Boyle that will probably be looking eye to eye with Corbin and ready to get down and dirty at Kroger.

Having said all that, so many variables come into play during a season; injuries, first and foremost. So, as in politics, the winds of change can blow in quickly in HS football changing the whole landscape. A bad break or two or an unfortunate injury or unseen circumstance could flip a team's season upside down. But, for now, it seems like Corbin has earned the #1 designation, whether we want it or not.
Smile Shhhhhhhhh. Don’t give them the truthful thoughts of mine. Most on here can’t handle it.
I know. Believe me, I get it.  #1 is a scary place to be sometimes.  Remember ,  UK 38-0 ? But true champions wear that #1 moniker with pride and say " Come on, I'll dare you to take it from us."  If you ever listened to Lou Holtz, you would think his teams had no chance against a good opponent. But he really knew better. Lou was a psychologist ; he was the ultimate sandbagger.  If Lou was the Corbin coach he would say, "we really got lucky against Franklin. Talent -wise they are so much better but we got some good breaks and played as well as we possibly could. The chances of us repeating that performance is infinitesimal. They would be huge favorites if we play them again. We are probably not near the top five right now. Hopefully, we can get some more breaks along the way and win a couple more games."  LOL

Some teams wilt under the pressure of great expectations. But those teams are not champions. Champions say, "You're damned right were #1 and we're gonna show you why."  Barring injuries or unforeseen  circumstances,  and I may be wrong, but I see the Redhounds embracing #1  and severely punishing any opponent who doubts them.

Lol, I don't follow Knox Central, and as a matter of fact, I did request to have my account deleted. You should probably consult an administrator before you get a libel suit slapped on this website you love so dearly. 

You just listed a conversation that proves everything I stated, thanks. While everyone else on here was celebrating a state title after week three, I stood up and told you the truth. That message above clearly illustrates that I am a very effective evaluator of football and know what I'm talking about. It also shows that I have the courage to speak such information in the face of overwhelming ignorance lol.

By the way, I didn't want to hurt your feelings any worse than they already were, but your schematic evaluation of the Corbin/JC game was incredibly weak and uninformed. It reminded me of the type of insight, or lack thereof, that you might find from a casual fan.

I was twice All-State and played D1 football, you're just not on par with me on this issue. Thanks for making my argument for me.

(05-03-2022, 11:28 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 10:35 AM)Bazooka Joe Wrote:

NO

NO

NO

NO

YES

Does that help you out?

You are confused on defensive players not being big enough. I've watched smaller and quicker players shut the running game down too many times to count. Corbin has been outcoached in the big games

Agree to disagree, smaller players can be effective against larger ones when the bigger kids aren't agile, aggressive, well-coached, etc. JC's kids are all of those things, year after year.

The laws of probability will always favor the bigger athlete in such situations where all other factors all equal.

If size didn't matter, then NCAA and NFL rosters would recruit and draft differently.

(05-03-2022, 11:13 PM)jamesdeane Wrote: LOL! You're the man (or woman) Bull Got Out!

Is he? Lol, you guys know nothing about football.
After today, bazooka should change his name again. Maybe ask the administrators for another time out. Bull GOT out is Gucci!
[-] The following 1 user Likes HighViz's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(05-03-2022, 04:40 PM)Bazooka Joe Wrote: To whomever claimed that I "discredited" past players, I suppose you didn't read the entire post. I stated that there had been good football players come through the program, they just weren't blessed with great size. And if my claims are so "outlandish" then how was I able to predict last season's outcome 3 weeks in when everyone thought it was Corbin's year. I went out on a limb and gave you a reality check. There was no way that 200ish pound defensive linemen had a prayer against JC.

You're exhausted from leaning to the left and talking out your A$$. How many 300 lbs SEC players did Boyle County have on defense last year?
Lol, some of you will never learn. I told you, point blank and almost 3 months in advance, what last season's outcome would be and you claimed I was stirring the pot or had an agenda.

Now, I come back on here to give you a little hope for this upcoming season based on my observations of the spring and defend an accomplished coach in the process, and you attack me again lol.

I only get on here to look for rumors or info going on with the program, and what I've learned is that I'm more informed than anybody on here when it comes to Corbin football.

I give up, go on believing you know everything, I'm tired of trying to educate you. And I'm very serious, if the one guy that wants to insist I was banned continues down that path and isn't corrected by an administrator, then I will access the email communication between myself and the administrator in question in order to seek reparations for damages to my name. Good luck to you all, I'll be cheering for the Hounds this fall, like usual. But I'll be realistic when doing so.

(05-04-2022, 12:15 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

You're exhausted from leaning to the left and talking out your A$$. How many 300 lbs SEC players did Boyle County have on defense last year?

Leaning to the left? You don't have to have 300 pounders across your defensive front, but you do have to be bigger than 5"10-6'00 and 200-225 pounds.

Lol, leave me alone, I'm done.

(05-04-2022, 12:10 AM)HighViz Wrote: After today, bazooka should change his name again. Maybe ask the administrators for another time out.  Bull GOT out is Gucci!

Lol, ignorance is bliss
Banned

Should be:

1) Johnson central.
2/3) Corbin/Lex cath.
4. Boyle
5) Franklin

Looks like you jerked the cover off. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(05-04-2022, 12:26 AM)Bazooka Joe Wrote: Lol, some of you will never learn. I told you, point blank and almost 3 months in advance, what last season's outcome would be and you claimed I was stirring the pot or had an agenda.

Now, I come back on here to give you a little hope for this upcoming season based on my observations of the spring and defend an accomplished coach in the process, and you attack me again lol.

I only get on here to look for rumors or info going on with the program, and what I've learned is that I'm more informed than anybody on here when it comes to Corbin football.

I give up, go on believing you know everything, I'm tired of trying to educate you. And I'm very serious, if the one guy that wants to insist I was banned continues down that path and isn't corrected by an administrator, then I will access the email communication between myself and the administrator in question in order to seek reparations for damages to my name. Good luck to you all, I'll be cheering for the Hounds this fall, like usual. But I'll be realistic when doing so.

(05-04-2022, 12:15 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Leaning to the left? You don't have to have 300 pounders across your defensive front, but you do have to be bigger than 5"10-6'00 and 200-225 pounds.

Lol, leave me alone, I'm done.

(05-04-2022, 12:10 AM)HighViz Wrote: After today, bazooka should change his name again. Maybe ask the administrators for another time out.  Bull GOT out is Gucci!

Lol, ignorance is bliss

You seemed smart out of the gate, then all down hill from there.

Not wasting my precious time with you anymore but, if this attachment loads properly, be sure and take notice of where it says "Ban reason: User's request."

I win, you lose, bye lol
(05-04-2022, 12:26 AM)Bazooka Joe Wrote: Lol, some of you will never learn. I told you, point blank and almost 3 months in advance, what last season's outcome would be and you claimed I was stirring the pot or had an agenda.

Why are you acting like some sort of super analyst when the only people who thought Corbin would win a state championship last year was Corbin? Literally tons of people predicted JC vs Boyle.

Also how can someone ruin your name on an anonymous online forum and you sue for libel. Who cares that you got banned or whatever, what exactly are your damages? That’s some funny stuff.

Unless they bring in some more fantastic transfers, then I don’t see how Corbin is better this year than last. I wouldn’t be suprised if they get knocked out 2nd round and if they win that I really can’t see them making it past the 3rd round.
(05-04-2022, 02:11 AM)fansville Wrote:

Why are you acting like some sort of super analyst when the only people who thought Corbin would win a state championship last year was Corbin? Literally tons of people predicted JC vs Boyle.

Also how can someone ruin your name on an anonymous online forum and you sue for libel. Who cares that you got banned or whatever, what exactly are your damages? That’s some funny stuff.

Unless they bring in some more fantastic transfers, then I don’t see how Corbin is better this year than last. I wouldn’t be suprised if they get knocked out 2nd round and if they win that I really can’t see them making it past the 3rd round.

As of the week 3 defeat of Franklin County, there were more than just Corbin fans that thought they could win it. Regardless, when I say you all, I'm referring to the Corbin fans and probably should have specified that i was referring solely to them, but it's a Corbin thread so that would be a bit redundant. The reason I continue to repeat that successful prediction is because they continue to live in denial and attack my credibility. 

As far as libel, the potential for damages exists if at any point in time my identity were made public to this forum. Perhaps you should consult an attorney for clarification on that.

As for my 2022 prognostication, anything can happen and Corbin may very well lose in the 1st round or they might win it all. I'm entitled to my opinion just as you're entitled to yours. Time will tell, good luck to you.
(05-04-2022, 03:26 AM)Bazooka Joe Wrote:

As of the week 3 defeat of Franklin County, there were more than just Corbin fans that thought they could win it. Regardless, when I say you all, I'm referring to the Corbin fans and probably should have specified that i was referring solely to them, but it's a Corbin thread so that would be a bit redundant. The reason I continue to repeat that successful prediction is because they continue to live in denial and attack my credibility. 

As far as libel, the potential for damages exists if at any point in time my identity were made public to this forum. Perhaps you should consult an attorney for clarification on that.

As for my 2022 prognostication, anything can happen and Corbin may very well lose in the 1st round or they might win it all. I'm entitled to my opinion just as you're entitled to yours. Time will tell, good luck to you.

Your wrong and Bull can back me up on this…I called it way before the Franklin game that Corbin wouldn’t win state and it had nothing to do with the kids or their size and everything to do with coaching….Your entitled to your opinion, I’m not a democrat so I respect the fact that you have one and your expressing it, I actually sincerely hope your right but I wouldn’t be calling Vegas to make any large bets on it….
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
(05-04-2022, 04:54 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Your wrong and Bull can back me up on this…I called it way before the Franklin game that Corbin wouldn’t win state and it had nothing to do with the kids or their size and everything to do with coaching….Your entitled to your opinion, I’m not a democrat so I respect the fact that you have one and your expressing it, I actually sincerely hope your right but I wouldn’t be calling Vegas to make any large bets on it….

I meant that after we beat Franklin so impressively that my opinion was definitely not shared by many. I don't think coaching is to blame, but I respect your opinion as well. I hope I'm right about this season too, they'll have to gel and some new faces will have to learn on the fly, but I like our team.

I'm at work but will be home in the bed shortly. I can't wait to see what fresh attacks await when I wake tomorrow lol, have a good one.
The Undisputed Truth
Banned
#2508-31-2021, 06:04 PM
I stated in my first comment that Clay did some good things and I like the direction they're headed. I'm interested to see what the game looks like next year, should be very competitive and I anticipate both teams will be playing at a higher level then than they are now as both return a significant portion of their rosters.

That being said, the numbers don't lie. Knox marched up and down the field on Clay with their only failed drives resulting from turnovers. I did think the game was decently officiated, I didn't dispute the validity of the PI call on 4th and 20. I was referring to the Knox defense gifting it to Clay as the receiver was double-teamed and the pass should have merely been incomplete.

When a receiver out-runs the defense and the ball is delivered in a timely fashion by the quarterback, that's not a gift. That's a touchdown.

In your own words....... take it for what its worth. I really don't care either way who you cheer for. Corbin issues on the field was all coaching. Not all Corbin's coaches are at fault either. Some of those guys are golden nuggets that thankfully are part of the program. At the end of the day, when a coach can't make proper adjustments to put his team in position to win and film don't lie, then you know that coach isn't in that position for the right reasons. Kids don't make decisions on there own in a "coached game to blitz, go into a certain gap, put 5 on the line or 6, pass or run or call plays. Coaches make those decisions. Kids like Mills on offense and Longmire on Defense don't make decisions to sit out in there last possible home game. Coaches makes those decisions. So to say our kids was just not talented enough, that tells me you are not a true Corbin fan. Because every true Corbin fan knew the chances and also the non Corbin fans that know football. When you get kids wanting to be a part of something special, its not called stealing players as you call it, its called wanting to be a part of a vision like other winning programs who get transfers. I know a little more about Knox Central than I will put on here. I have plenty of family members in the school board system over. I know all the rumors lol. I won't get into that. As for sueing, part of my job consisted of me being in court plenty. You cant do much today, the courts don't care unless its certain issues and I honestly would love to go to court and get asked the question did you blow Undisputed Truths cover and put his real identity on Bluegrass Rivals? You honor, all I did was paste a copy of his own words. CASE DISSMISSED said the Judge  Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug, Playcaller66

LOL

He's a choir boy with an inferiority complex pretending to know about football.
(05-04-2022, 06:57 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: The Undisputed Truth
Banned
#2508-31-2021, 06:04 PM
I stated in my first comment that Clay did some good things and I like the direction they're headed. I'm interested to see what the game looks like next year, should be very competitive and I anticipate both teams will be playing at a higher level then than they are now as both return a significant portion of their rosters.

That being said, the numbers don't lie. Knox marched up and down the field on Clay with their only failed drives resulting from turnovers. I did think the game was decently officiated, I didn't dispute the validity of the PI call on 4th and 20. I was referring to the Knox defense gifting it to Clay as the receiver was double-teamed and the pass should have merely been incomplete.

When a receiver out-runs the defense and the ball is delivered in a timely fashion by the quarterback, that's not a gift. That's a touchdown.

In your own words....... take it for what its worth. I really don't care either way who you cheer for. Corbin issues on the field was all coaching. Not all Corbin's coaches are at fault either. Some of those guys are golden nuggets that thankfully are part of the program. At the end of the day, when a coach can't make proper adjustments to put his team in position to win and film don't lie, then you know that coach isn't in that position for the right reasons. Kids don't make decisions on there own in a "coached game to blitz, go into a certain gap, put 5 on the line or 6, pass or run or call plays. Coaches make those decisions. Kids like Mills on offense and Longmire on Defense don't make decisions to sit out in there last possible home game. Coaches makes those decisions. So to say our kids was just not talented enough, that tells me you are not a true Corbin fan. Because every true Corbin fan knew the chances and also the non Corbin fans that know football. When you get kids wanting to be a part of something special, its not called stealing players as you call it, its called wanting to be a part of a vision like other winning programs who get transfers. I know a little more about Knox Central than I will put on here. I have plenty of family members in the school board system over. I know all the rumors lol. I won't get into that. As for sueing, part of my job consisted of me being in court plenty. You cant do much today, the courts don't care unless its certain issues and I honestly would love to go to court and get asked the question did you blow Undisputed Truths cover and put his real identity on Bluegrass Rivals? You honor, all I did was paste a copy of his own words. CASE DISSMISSED said the Judge  Big Grin

Lol, I still can't believe it. Whether it's you accusing me of an agenda after merely sharing my thoughts about Corbin's title hopes last year, or when you state in no uncertain terms that I didn't request my account deletion, or now with your current post, you continue to jump to conclusions that aren't true. Just because I attend a game and comment on its thread doesn't make me a fan. If that were true then you must be a fan of one of those schools as well. Lol, you're really something. 

Lol, also I never really thought about potential damages or filing a libel suit. Just mentioned it as a possibility while I was proving you wrong again. I never put anything on here that isn't true, I'm not gonna get into the recruiting stuff again, but when you pretend it doesn't or hasn't occurred you make yourself look silly. Really, I'm done this time, leave me alone lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bazooka Joe's post:
  • Bull got out!
You made the thread live again. Carry on…. All I was saying, I remember talking to you. I read all the comments on this forum. I may not comment on most of them but I like reading the different points of view. All I ask is keep the comments on topic and have fun ribbing one another. Just don’t take it to a unnecessary rant when all teams are under the same scrutiny.
Banned

Should be:

1) Johnson central.
2/3) Corbin/Lex cath.
4. Boyle
5) Franklin

Having Boyle county ranked as the 4th best team should've been enough to get banned LOL.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HurryUp1001's post:
  • Bull got out!
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next