Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 51 Floyd Central 36 (15th Region Quarterfinals)
Final from the Appalachian Wireless Arena. 

The #7 Panthers improve to 29-2 on the season.

Pikeville advances to the 15th Region Semifinals for the 5th consecutive year with their 10th consecutive win in the 15th Region Tournament. 

PHS will play Martin County in the Semifinals. 

Coach Kristy Orem improves to 12-2 in the 15th Region Tournament. Her 12 wins account for half of PHS’ all-time 15th Region Tournament wins, 24.

Trinity Rowe & Emma Ratliff lead PHS in scoring with 13. Rylee Theiss records a Double-Double with 11 points and 12 boards.
Not very impressed with the panthers tonight…. Although ratliff and theiss both reached double digits I predict the lady panthers to get upset if they continue the one man show like they did tonight…. The press ate it alive in the second half.
(03-01-2022, 12:51 AM)The Ugly Truth Wrote: Not very impressed with the panthers tonight…. Although ratliff and theiss both reached double digits I predict the lady panthers to get upset if they continue the one man show like they did tonight…. The press ate it alive in the second half.
Sloppy play no doubt. FCs length in the press bothered the girls in the 3rd quarter especially. I’m sure Coach Orem will clean it up before next game. No need to hit the panic button just yet. Pikeville and FC should be the two best teams in the region next year…
(03-01-2022, 02:32 AM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 12:51 AM)The Ugly Truth Wrote: Not very impressed with the panthers tonight…. Although ratliff and theiss both reached double digits I predict the lady panthers to get upset if they continue the one man show like they did tonight…. The press ate it alive in the second half.
Sloppy play no doubt. FCs length in the press bothered the girls in the 3rd quarter especially. I’m sure Coach Orem will clean it up before next game. No need to hit the panic button just yet. Pikeville and FC should be the two best teams in the region next year…
I really hope your right but sadly I doubt much will change
Floyd Central is a good team. Nothing to be ashamed about. Nice win Panthers.
(03-01-2022, 02:33 AM)The Ugly Truth Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 02:32 AM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:
I really hope your right but sadly I doubt much will change
I sure hope not.  3 straight regional championships and 29-2 this year. You would have to be insane to want to change those results.
That was Floyd Central’s largest loss of the season with an admittedly lackluster 2nd half in which the game was never really in question.

Expectations have certainly changed in 6 years lol.

Also, after a brief scan of Girls Tournament history, this is the 2nd time a school has won 10 consecutive 15th Region Tournament games. Sheldon Clark won 14 in a row before Hillard Howard’s 1979 Panthers defeated SC in the Title game to prevent a 5th consecutive championship for Sheldon Clark.

In those 10 wins, Pikeville has won by double figures in 8 of them. The two single digit victories came in 2020 by 5 over Belfry and by a point over SV. Prior to Orem’s arrival, PHS had 8 double digits wins in the previous 42 years.
It did get sloppy but leading 32-13 at halftime it happens sometimes. Credit to FC for never quitting. Also really enjoy their band every year, great vibe.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Panther Thunder
(03-01-2022, 10:19 AM)jetpilot Wrote: It did get sloppy but leading 32-13 at halftime it happens sometimes. Credit to FC for never quitting. Also really enjoy their band every year, great vibe.
Texted several people about how awesome their band was. Makes for a great environment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Panther Thunder's post:
  • jetpilot
(03-01-2022, 10:19 AM)jetpilot Wrote: It did get sloppy but leading 32-13 at halftime it happens sometimes. Credit to FC for never quitting. Also really enjoy their band every year, great vibe.
I made the very same comment to my brother last night about FCs band.
I made the very same comment to my brother last night to my brother about FCs band.
Kudos to Floyd Central’s band and Pike Central’s as well. Both of them bring the atmosphere and climate to the gym. I really miss that aspect of high school sports. It’s a rarity nowadays and it shouldn’t be.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoondockSaint's post:
  • Panther Thunder
I made the very same comment to my brother last night to my brother about FCs band.