Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owsley County 60 Leslie County 49 (14th semi’s)
Owsley County used a 22-2 scoring advantage in the second quarter to build a 39-19 halftime lead and then held off a big comeback by Leslie County in the second half that saw the lead narrowed to 3 points. Owsley was able to make free throws in the final minutes to win the game 60-49.

The Lady Owls were led by senior Lexy Lynch with 26 points and numerous rebounds and assists. She was named player of the game for the second time in the tournament. 

Owsley returns to the championship game for the first time since 1988 when they lost a close game to Fleming-Neon. This time the opponent is Letcher County Central Friday at 7:00.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • Boogie
Nice win for Lady Owls, haven’t been given any credit this year but they’re continuing to improve each game. Hopefully this year is their year to get over the hump and make it to Rupp.
Did Letcher Central have any seniors return for extra year or are they a legitimate high school team?
Legit
(03-04-2022, 08:43 PM)Silver hawk Wrote: Did Letcher Central have any seniors return for extra year or are they a legitimate high school team?

Just exactly what does that mean? If you’re speaking about Lynch coming back for another year I think that’s some BS like Owsley isn’t a legitimate team. She had never stayed back and literally just turned 18. I’m sure none of Letchers girls have ever stayed back. Compare apples to apples let’s compare ages instead of grade levels. Don’t give me this legit crap. Keep riding that high horse, I’d be embarrassed that a single A school is even able to compete with a school 5 times it’s size. Owsley gets the single toughest draw in the tournament and knock off 2 of the favorites and no one says crap about their games but soon as they get beat you guys jump on talking about them being “legit” GTFO with that non sense
Owsley is TUFF Boog and I wasn’t implying anything about Lex. Lex is the real deal. Probably my favorite player in the region. Was hoping the Owls would win it all.
(03-04-2022, 11:15 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Owsley is TUFF Boog and I wasn’t implying anything about Lex.  Lex is the real deal.  Probably my favorite player in the region.  Was hoping the Owls would win it all.
I was directing that at silver, I’m just curious what he means by “legitimate”? But at same time what did you mean by legit? Are you guys saying the owls are a fluke or are you saying they shouldn’t count cause they had a senior holdback on their roster? Just so I’m clear
No all I am saying by legit is that none of the Seniors took the extra year. I do think the Couch girl may of retained as a Sophomore but I’m not 100% on that and don’t even care. If your playing by the rules and are a 19 year old Sr. I don’t care how many years you stay back. But anyway, not trying to take anything away from the Owls. They are LEGIT as in tuff as hell.

And everything counts Boog. These are the rules we play by.
(03-04-2022, 08:43 PM)Silver hawk Wrote: Did Letcher Central have any seniors return for extra year or are they a legitimate high school team?

Youn should be ashamed of yourself for that statement.  Letcher had sophomores stay back. So did Leslie and so did Knott.  So are they not legit teams over next two years just wondering by your logic.  

Owsley is one of smallest class A schools in region has all Owsley kids that came through Owsley Youth programs.  Reckon those big schools can say that.  So are the ones that have recruits legit.  

Two really good legit teams battled.  Left it all on the floor. Kids gave everything they have to their teams and communities. Went to OT and battled four more.  Came down to last shot.  Instant Classic.  

Get over yourself and grow up!