Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Jaggers Lincoln county head coach?
Was told from a source today he has been hired for over a month and a half and has shown up to LC activities 3 times… I understand an hr and 10 min drive seems like a lot to tackle  Big Grin but doesn’t seem important enough for him to make. Also made statements like spring ball don’t matter even though he has to install both new offensive and defensive schemes. Also hasn’t hired one assistant coach which makes me believe he may back out like his dad did in 96.
If a large portion of his players is involved in spring sports, spring ball doesn't have the same impact as they cant participate. Teams can do zoom meetings and such with coaches now, and if he has coaches running the weight/conditioning program then this really isnt a big deal. Id bet as the weather breaks some he will be around more.
Sounds like Regular guy will be around to stab him in the back as often as possible.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iam4thecats's post:
  • BEChargers
With Lincoln's basketball team making it to the sweet 16 again, you can assume the football team just took a backseat again for another year or two.
(03-05-2022, 01:17 AM)Regular guy Wrote: Was told from a source today he has been hired for over a month and a half and has shown up to LC activities 3 times… I understand an hr and 10 min drive seems like a lot to tackle  Big Grin but doesn’t seem important enough for him to make. Also made statements like spring ball don’t matter even though he has to install both new offensive and defensive schemes. Also hasn’t hired one assistant coach which makes me believe he may back out like his dad did in 96.
Let me set the record straight as it appears some are really focused on tarnishing the name of Josh Jaggers as the Lincoln football coach. He does in fact still live in Larue County and has addressed this with the team. With that said, in my opinion, he has been more engaged with the players then any coach I have experienced. He is already breaking down game film with players and has reached out to colleges concerning potential talent he has.

He has also been present at most of the basketball games including the 12th region championship game. He stands at the door of the gym and speaks to everyone. He walks the gym and talks to all kids promoting the football program. The business community is fully behind him and it will be interesting to see the amount of financial support he receives.

Don’t listen to any of these people not associated with the program. Talk to parents of the players to get the real scoop. LC Football is in great hands.
Well I guess showing up to regional basketball games and getting a couple of businesses behind you means winning football games on Friday nights..? nobody is trying to tarnish his name just stating facts that he simply hasn’t felt the need to show up and develop any talent. They will get their answer after May 11.. by the way my info comes from parents and his assistant coaches that he has left to do his job. Also, gonna point out that’s the reason coach Rogers laughed at this and got out to wherever he’s gone at first chance. The businesses backing him are interesting though considering i was told they are trying to offer money to both Pulaski schools on the schedule to not play this year which both schools laughed at. Great hands may be a stretch.. i feel bad for the kid and assistants at LC as they have been blindsided with nothing and from what the coaches told me have quit showing up. Keep trying to save yourself BelieveLC but I know more about the program than you have any clue about.
(03-13-2022, 01:10 AM)Regular guy Wrote: Well I guess showing up to regional basketball games and getting a couple of businesses behind you means winning football games on Friday nights..? nobody is trying to tarnish his name just stating facts that he simply hasn’t felt the need to show up and develop any talent.  They will get their answer after May 11.. by the way my info comes from parents and his assistant coaches that he has left to do his job. Also, gonna point out that’s the reason coach Rogers laughed at this and got out to wherever he’s gone at first chance. The businesses backing him are interesting though considering i was told they are trying to offer money to both Pulaski schools on the schedule to not play this year which both schools laughed at. Great hands may be a stretch.. i feel bad for the kid and assistants at LC as they have been blindsided with nothing and from what the coaches told me have quit showing up. Keep trying to save yourself BelieveLC but I know more about the program than you have any clue about.
Too funny. I don’t think you know as much as you think. Regardless, it is very evident you got butt hurt somewhere along the lines of this coaching search.
Coach Rogers didn't laugh off the situation, he was never interviewed or offered the job. There's a reason for that. With that said, the process of this was terrible leadership. no interviews, no transparency, no hiring committee, no community input, no appreciation for the assistant coach that is still running the Lincoln program (Why he's doing it is beyond me), and the list goes on. From everything I hear from Stanford, this issue is not with Josh as a person but with his commitment levels. This is not a rebuild job. Lincoln had been rebuilt under Crutchfield and his staff. He's gone. The majority of the staff is now gone. As I said before, you have 1 coach who also applied for the position who is running the program solo, unless hires have been made. That doesn't work guys. Lincoln is a 4A program in a very tough district, a Head Coach who comes to work 1 day a week is not committed to building a championship program. Nobody cares how many basketball games he attends, how many hands he shakes, how many media appearances he makes, the bottom line is people will judge him based on HIS teams performance on Fridays. With that schedule, Lincoln will be lucky to finish .500. I'm not butt hurt, I don't even live in Lincoln. But for the older guys around the program and the die hard friends I know, I'm not optimistic this hire is going to work out.
(03-05-2022, 01:17 AM)Regular guy Wrote: Was told from a source today he has been hired for over a month and a half and has shown up to LC activities 3 times… I understand an hr and 10 min drive seems like a lot to tackle  Big Grin but doesn’t seem important enough for him to make. Also made statements like spring ball don’t matter even though he has to install both new offensive and defensive schemes. Also hasn’t hired one assistant coach which makes me believe he may back out like his dad did in 96.
I’d love to talk.  Let me know when- might shed some light on some things.
[-] The following 2 users Like Josh Jaggers's post:
  • BEChargers, Hatz
(03-17-2022, 01:57 PM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote: Coach Rogers didn't laugh off the situation, he was never interviewed or offered the job. There's a reason for that. With that said, the process of this was terrible leadership. no interviews, no transparency, no hiring committee, no community input, no appreciation for the assistant coach that is still running the Lincoln program (Why he's doing it is beyond me), and the list goes on. From everything I hear from Stanford, this issue is not with Josh as a person but with his commitment levels. This is not a rebuild job. Lincoln had been rebuilt under Crutchfield and his staff. He's gone. The majority of the staff is now gone. As I said before, you have 1 coach who also applied for the position who is running the program solo, unless hires have been made. That doesn't work guys. Lincoln is a 4A program in a very tough district, a Head Coach who comes to work 1 day a week is not committed to building a championship program. Nobody cares how many basketball games he attends, how many hands he shakes, how many media appearances he makes, the bottom line is people will judge him based on HIS teams performance on Fridays. With that schedule, Lincoln will be lucky to finish .500. I'm not butt hurt, I don't even live in Lincoln. But for the older guys around the program and the die hard friends I know, I'm not optimistic this hire is going to work out.
Let me know when you’d like to talk as well. I’d love to.
[-] The following 2 users Like Josh Jaggers's post:
  • Hatz, TheOracle
(03-17-2022, 01:57 PM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote: Coach Rogers didn't laugh off the situation, he was never interviewed or offered the job. There's a reason for that. With that said, the process of this was terrible leadership. no interviews, no transparency, no hiring committee, no community input, no appreciation for the assistant coach that is still running the Lincoln program (Why he's doing it is beyond me), and the list goes on. From everything I hear from Stanford, this issue is not with Josh as a person but with his commitment levels. This is not a rebuild job. Lincoln had been rebuilt under Crutchfield and his staff. He's gone. The majority of the staff is now gone. As I said before, you have 1 coach who also applied for the position who is running the program solo, unless hires have been made. That doesn't work guys. Lincoln is a 4A program in a very tough district, a Head Coach who comes to work 1 day a week is not committed to building a championship program. Nobody cares how many basketball games he attends, how many hands he shakes, how many media appearances he makes, the bottom line is people will judge him based on HIS teams performance on Fridays. With that schedule, Lincoln will be lucky to finish .500. I'm not butt hurt, I don't even live in Lincoln. But for the older guys around the program and the die hard friends I know, I'm not optimistic this hire is going to work out.

Went
7-5 in 2018
3-8 in 2019
5-4 in 2020
6-6 in 2021

Let me just say this. I like Coach Crutchfield and I enjoyed watching this past years team play. But in reality they went 6-6. Lost to a really bad E. Jess team that won 1 game this past season. None of us were involved in the hiring of the new coach but it doesn't seem like they handled it really well with the current staff. That's not Coach Jaggers fault. Support him and support the program is the best thing you can do for Lincoln football. The community support for the program is as high as it's been in a long while. Let him at least start doing his job before you start a campaign against him.
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz
Since your putting records up. Why don't you put up records from 2008 - 2013 and who was coaching and you will really see how lincoln county school administration feels about football. They let these 2 coaches stay because of wife's family was big in lincoln and the other was athletic director. Enough said. Bet you don't post them
[quote="True pioneer" pid='2351879' dateline='1647662640']
Since your putting records up. Why don't you put up records from 2008 - 2013 and who was coaching and you will really see how lincoln county school administration feels about football. They let these 2 coaches stay because of wife's family was big in lincoln and the other was athletic director. Enough said. Bet you don't post them
[/quote

You're*

The point of my post was to show that Lincoln is not coming off a GREAT 4 years. The other poster said they would be lucky to be .500 when that is exactly what they've been for the last 4 years. So .500 would be status quo in relation to the last 4 years and not a huge step back. I don't usually have to explain simple posts to people but I can start adding a simpler explanation for whatever topics you happen to be reading if you want me to. 2008-2013 were not pertinent (that means relevant) to point of my post but sure I'll post them.

Coach Mike Settles
2008 1-9
2009 2-8
2010 4-7
2011 5-7
2012 5-6
2013 5-6

22-65
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Hatz
Coach Crutchfield was 500 or above 3 out of 4 years. You was under 500 all 5 years and was blaming it on the players. Plus playing starting juniors on your jv teams instead of getting them ready really made alot of sense. My family members played for you and hated it.
LOL, I don't know who YOU think I am but I have never been a High school head coach. I will repeat what I said in the earlier post. I like Coach Crutchfield very much. I am excited to see how things will go with he and Jeff Hester at Garrard. I don't think he did a bad job at Lincoln. The program seems to have more excitement and support right now than it's had in a while. I think you can thank Coach Crutchfield for that for a large part. The point of my post and why I posted records was that somebody said they will be lucky to play .500 ball under Jaggers. When that's basically what they've played the last few years. They had a lot of talent this year. I thought David could have played for every team in the state. I know they had injury issues, it happens. Things are better now than they were when Crutchfield arrived. That speaks very well of him.

I am just hoping Coach Jaggers gets a fair shake, and your family members did not play for me.
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz
I think Mr. Jaggers will fine. I like his experience.
(03-20-2022, 12:30 AM)True pioneer Wrote: Coach Crutchfield was 500 or above 3 out of 4 years. You was under 500 all 5 years and was blaming it on the players. Plus playing starting  juniors on your jv teams instead of getting them ready really made alot of sense. My family members played for you and

Clayton Davis. Not David. Autocorrect.......
Although I hate these type of threads, I thought it would be appropriate to share my personal experience. I am a parent of a current Lincoln County football player. I received screenshots of this forum and it was discouraging to me on many fronts. I don’t believe in this, because it allows people to hide behind a screen.

I wanted to share my experiences. For starters, to the comment above that talks about a assistant running the program solo, and you asked why would he? I assume you mean Coach Cooper. I have had the honor of meeting Coach Cooper recently. It was during the week that weights were canceled and Coach Jaggers got the job. My son was devastated about weights. I ran into Coach Cooper the day Jaggers was introduced to the Lincoln crowd at a basketball game. He was very easy to talk to and very friendly. We talked about the program, he told me his visions for Lincoln, we talked about Coach Jaggers, he talked about the importance of continuing the success of the last 4 years and how he wanted to see that moving forward. He talked positively about the weight program and the work our boys are doing. It gave me a lot of comfort and hope in the future of Lincoln Football.

As for Coach Jaggers, the same is said for him. My son speaks highly of Coach and his optimistic tone with the guys. Coach Jaggers has had success at Larue, and with the talent and assistant coaches he has here, I expect more success for Lincoln.

To people on here that dog him, his situation, and his commitment, I want to ask this. What are YOU doing to help the program? I mostly see complaints, BS, and rumor starting. Instead, you should be supporting Coach Jaggers, Cooper and Marcum, and these boys who are working hard right now. I can’t comment on the hiring process, because I don’t know anything about any of it, like the majority of you don’t.

This is my two cents. It pisses me off to see continued drama surrounding Lincoln athletics. You can respond if you’d like but the odds of me even seeing it are at a minimum. Let’s support our team and see what happens!
Has everything calmed down and straightened out here? Hoping for success for Lincoln. When you read this thread, I'm not so sure right now.
Parents gonna parent!
[-] The following 2 users Like jamesclay's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz
It's funny how < 100 post trolls tend to shut up when approached directly. Shed some light on 'em and they head back into the shadows.
Good luck to you all over there in Lincoln. I hope things work out for you. I love to see the local teams do well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes papagrit's post:
  • BEChargers
I don't know much about Josh as a coach,but if he is anything like his dad . He can take a bucket of rocks and turn it to gold. Every team Marty had was well coached and played hard. Good luck Josh and to the coaching staff. Can't wait to see what you put on the field.
The only parents that are mad are the ones that didn't get the coach they wanted (rogers) so they are trying to ruin Josh already. If you don't like what the administration did in hiring josh then LEAVE, go follow Spencer to Garrard County. Let's please stop saying Lincoln County is back, they had Clayton Davis the last 4 years that is arguably the best player to ever play at Lincoln County. IMO Spencer didn't give him the ball enough. Going back to Levi, the only reason why some of you parent wanted him is so you can run him, you know that's not happening with Josh! All in All if you don't like the hire just leave!! Your kid probably wasn't producing on the field anyways. Oh, I've already heard Josh got multiple basketball players showing up to weights and another RB back out that quit playing football after his freshman year that was pretty dang good.
Lincoln County started Spring Practice on Monday. Here's what I've been told:
Over 55 kids on Monday.
Over 60 kids on Tuesday.
A new Defensive Coordinator has been hired, coming from Garrard County. It appears Coach Cooper is moving into an Offensive Coordinator type role with the varsity. Coach Marcum is returning as Varsity Line Coach, Bryson Yaden (Former starting QB) is joining the staff. Coach Doug Mcqueen (LCMS HC) is joining Jaggers staff. Have heard a name from Danville making the move to Lincoln as a new Coach as well.

Lincoln Middle has hired a new Head Coach it appears, although I didn't get his name.

For all the doom and gloom that people have said about the Jaggers hire, they might end up eating their words. I'm just going by what I was told on the phone last night by a parent. Take it as is.
(04-30-2022, 07:58 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: The only parents that are mad are the ones that didn't get the coach they wanted (rogers) so they are trying to ruin Josh already. If you don't like what the administration did in hiring josh then LEAVE, go follow Spencer to Garrard County. Let's please stop saying Lincoln County is back, they had Clayton Davis the last 4 years that is arguably the best player to ever play at Lincoln County. IMO Spencer didn't give him the ball enough. Going back to Levi, the only reason why some of you parent wanted him is so you can run him, you know that's not happening with Josh! All in All if you don't like the hire just leave!! Your kid probably wasn't producing on the field anyways. Oh, I've already heard Josh got multiple basketball players showing up to weights and another RB back out that quit playing football after his freshman year that was pretty dang good.

You mean to tell me that some parents are mad that they didn't get their way?
(05-04-2022, 10:47 AM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote: Lincoln County started Spring Practice on Monday. Here's what I've been told:
Over 55 kids on Monday.
Over 60 kids on Tuesday.
A new Defensive Coordinator has been hired, coming from Garrard County. It appears Coach Cooper is moving into an Offensive Coordinator type role with the varsity. Coach Marcum is returning as Varsity Line Coach, Bryson Yaden (Former starting QB) is joining the staff. Coach Doug Mcqueen (LCMS HC) is joining Jaggers staff.  Have heard a name from Danville making the move to Lincoln as a new Coach as well.

Lincoln Middle has hired a new Head Coach it appears, although I didn't get his name.

For all the doom and gloom that people have said about the Jaggers hire, they might end up eating their words. I'm just going by what I was told on the phone last night by a parent. Take it as is.
Bret Baierlein is the Garrard assistant who is moving to Lincoln as the new DC.  Great hire.
Saw on Twitter that Danville's Jalen Dunn is transferring to Lincoln County? If so, that would be huge news for the Patriots. I could see this as being the Clayton Davis replacement, or close to that anyway. It still seems to be that everything in quiet in Stanford and I find that weird. How are things going here?
(05-24-2022, 09:14 AM)OldBallCoach1 Wrote: Saw on Twitter that  Danville's Jalen Dunn is transferring to Lincoln County? If so, that would be huge news for the Patriots. I could see this as being the Clayton Davis replacement, or close to that anyway. It still seems to be that everything in quiet in Stanford and I find that weird. How are things going here?
Does he play football?
Hearing some "talk" about this topic thread once again. Let's hope it's just meaningless.