Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Pikeville (scrimmage)
Lawrence County 10 Pikeville 0 7 inning scrimmage. Lawrence County had 10 hits and Pikeville had 1. 

Lawrence County pitched Luke Patton, Talon Pallock, Blue Fletcher, and Eli Fletcher. Pikeville pitched Brady Clark, Dylan Thompson, Bash Ryan, and I think the other kid was Isaac Duty. 

Lawrence County looked good for it being so early and cold. Pikeville will be fine once they get a couple guys back. I think they had 2 starters out and Lawrence County had 1 starter out. Clark looked solid as always and Pikeville’s young arms are going to be really good in a very short time. Lawrence County’s Luke Patton was sitting 86-88 and looked sharp. LC other arms was solid as well. 

Lawrence County’s offense is going to be hard to stop this year. Pikeville offense will look better once Lakin is back in the order. 

All in all a solid night for both teams for a first scrimmage.
How long is Lakin out?
(03-09-2022, 08:47 AM)jetpilot Wrote: How long is Lakin out?
I really have no idea. I’ve heard multiple time frames. From only a couple more weeks to out the whole season. So, no one outside his circle probably knows for sure.
What is the injury to Lakin?? Are Birchfield and Hensley not playing? Those are 2 starters off last years team. Why didn't Blevins throw for LC?
(03-09-2022, 01:10 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: What is the injury to Lakin?? Are Birchfield and Hensley not playing? Those are 2 starters off last years team. Why didn't Blevins throw for LC?
Not 100% sure ok Lakins injury. I was told a hamstring but I can’t confirm that.  

Birchfield and Hensley both were there in the stands dressed in street clothes. So, I’d say they aren’t playing. 

Blevins wasn’t scheduled to throw last night. He will throw in Thursday’s scrimmage against East Carter at home.
(03-09-2022, 01:10 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: What is the injury to Lakin?? Are Birchfield and Hensley not playing? Those are 2 starters off last years team. Why didn't Blevins throw for LC?
It is correct that Hensley and birchfield did not come out and elected to prepare for their senior season of football instead. 

the most consistent time frame I have heard on Larkin is mid season-end of regular season.
Lawrence County definitely has the pieces in place to make a deep run.