Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry vs Estill
Kong VS Godzilla this weekend in Irvine.  Who y’all got?  Both teams playing well.  Gonna take PCC by 3.
Till Perry proves they can beat Estill you have to give the edge to Estill. Estill didn't have much trouble with Perry last season and returned everyone.
I'd say neither team has looked ahead to this game. They have games before hand. These two games that Perry has (Estill and Bourbon) will be their 5 straight in as many days.

Estill won by run rule last season and return everyone. I don't see Perry keeping it any closer than 6 runs.
Perry is going to do whatever it takes this year to get the job done I’m told. Hearing they have hit and lifted every day since last season ended. Wouldn’t doubt every Ghost in that dugout is shaved and rolled
That’s funny Holler rat. If they shaving bats, they better be using the blue ghosts that Wolfe used to have. The new ones barely can hit 10 balls without exploding from what I have heard from softball people. I really doubt Ratliff is the cheating type. I personally know the guy and I know better. His kids work extremely hard and put a ton of time in. Will this game be on Facebook or anywhere on the net? Love to watch it.
Duke Boy to act like Wolfe used shaved bats is hilarious. I don’t think they’ve ever had a kid hit over 2 or 3 HR’s in a season. Anyone that knows Wolfe knows they have always been built around defense and playing small ball.
Regional Finals Before Covid year. Bombs away
At Jackson City’s field, it’s literally like 190 all the way around. Lol

They still probably didn’t have 10 over the fence HR’s as a team in their 2 championship seasons combined. Breathitt hit 11 HR’s in one day last week.
Estill in 4. Won’t be close.
Breathitt Girls are just #BuiltDifferent. They hit Bombs.
I don’t think Estill will beat Perry bad, I just think they’ll beat them. Perry is a good team but they have to get over the hump of beating Estill before they can be favored against them.
(03-30-2022, 07:40 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: At Jackson City’s field, it’s literally like 190 all the way around. Lol

They still probably didn’t have 10 over the fence HR’s as a team in their 2 championship seasons combined. Breathitt hit 11 HR’s in one day last week.
Breathitt is going to upset a lot of teams  in the future. Every strong girls
(03-30-2022, 09:06 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: That’s funny Holler rat.  If they shaving bats, they better be using the blue ghosts that Wolfe used to have.  The new ones barely can hit 10 balls without exploding from what I have heard from softball people.  I really doubt Ratliff is the cheating type.  I personally know the guy and I know better.  His kids work extremely hard and put a ton of time in.    Will this game be on Facebook or anywhere on the net?  Love to watch it.
Game should be on NFHS network.
Estill should win this one walking away.
No triangle with Bourbon. As of now looks like just an Estill/Perry game. I'd turn it into a varsity double header between these two on Saturday.
Estill won’t run away with this game. Perry has a good team.
Game has been pushed back to 1 pm.
Perry up 3-0 in 5th. Farmer started for Estill now Winkle is in.
Could be a new Sheriff in town. Go Dores
(04-02-2022, 03:09 PM)The_Rock Wrote: Could be a new Sheriff in town.  Go Dores

Congrats on win. Hopefully these two will meet again this year. 

Until Perry or any other team starts to dominate the region like Estill has then their will be a new sheriff in town. Until then. No. But still this is a good big win for Bobby and the Lady Dores.
The Rock called it. 4-1
The Mighty Engineers will have to step back and look at things. Not being there it’s always hard to tell. But probably was the biggest season game in the 14th. But from my sources, Dores hit and the Neers did not. Coach West will be looking to regroup. Coach Ratliff and the Dores may be hitting on all cylinders, finally.
Coach West didn't start Winkle which in the big picture might have ben very smart but probably played a factor in this game. Perry only got to see her 1 time through the lineup and if they meet up in the region that could help Winkle. Perry always hits it well but he difference so far for them is Hughes pitching this year. She has to prove she can do it in a pressure situation which has always been an issue for her in the region.

As far as Estill dominating the region, if you don't win the region you aren't dominating it. Estill hasn't one the region since Shirley left. This group might have won more games than any team at Estill over the last few years but they haven't won the big games when it mattered. I think both coaches that followed Shirley were overly confident and didn't have their teams in a right frame of mind. When you get to the regional tournament it just takes 1 game to get beat, if you aren't ready to play anything can happen. I also think the years of Estill being head and shoulders better than everyone else are over. Wolfe, Perry, Knott, Jackson, Letcher, and Breathitt have all closed the gap over the last 5 years. Estill is the favorite anytime Winkle is on the mound but its no longer a lock like it was in years past.
(04-03-2022, 09:39 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: Coach West didn't start Winkle which in the big picture might have ben very smart but probably played a factor in this game. Perry only got to see her 1 time through the lineup and if they meet up in the region that could help Winkle. Perry always hits it well but he difference so far for them is Hughes pitching this year. She has to prove she can do it in a pressure situation which has always been an issue for her in the region.

As far as Estill dominating the region, if you don't win the region you aren't dominating it. Estill hasn't one the region since Shirley left. This group might have won more games than any team at Estill over the last few years but they haven't won the big games when it mattered. I think both coaches that followed Shirley were overly confident and didn't have their teams in a right frame of mind. When you get to the regional tournament it just takes 1 game to get beat, if you aren't ready to play anything can happen. I also think the years of Estill being head and shoulders better than everyone else are over. Wolfe, Perry, Knott, Jackson, Letcher, and Breathitt have all closed the gap over the last 5 years. Estill is the favorite anytime Winkle is on the mound but its no longer a lock like it was in years past.
I think Estill has won the region nearly 11-12 times since they joined in 2006. I think it is still safe to say they are dominating the regionWink
Never said they didn’t have a great run when they joined the region. My point was, since everyone forced Shirley out Estill hasn’t been the same. Shirley knew how to win come tournament time. Estill hasn’t won a region since she left. If Estill wins the rest of their games in the regular season and don’t win the region this group will be the first group to never win a region in their 4 years of high school. They were supposed to be the best group ever to come through Estill. The way Shirley was treated by the people at Estill after everything she did for that program was flat out wrong. Karma has a way of always coming back around.
Very true Reds#1 fan! Win every game and go undefeated, dominating the region throughout the season, doesn’t mean anything if you don’t win the region. One game can decide everything in the post season. Yep, the Engineers have dominated the region for years, and won more regions than anyone else. But the pressure is on this group to win it seeing they haven’t won a region in their 4 years there. This group has had all the attention as being the best group of all time to come through irvine. Lots of hype, we shall see. This year will tell the tale whether this group lives up to the billing. No knock on the Engineers though. I don’t think that they aren’t good. They are a tough team to beat. It’s just that everyone else in the region has stepped up their game IMO. Softball in the mountains has truly gotten better over the past 5-6 years. Particularly in the 14th. I think some people are getting tired of getting beat down and bullied on the softball field by the ones that are normally great. It takes so many things to make it work like a great feeder program, people who truly can sacrifice for now and look at the long term goal and work with what is coming, and smart coaching. Perry, breathitt, Jackson city, and a lot of these other 14th teams are ready to make a stand and show the world what they’ve been working for all this time. Good luck to all the 14th region teams. Love watching and hearing about all these kids doing great things representing our region well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lowdown's post:
  • The_Rock
Estill starting to slide a little bit. Dropped 3 straight with Lafayette coming to town tomorrow. Lee County, Tates Creek, Southwestern plus a big tournament in Georgetown next weekend.
Coach West told everyone that would listen before he got the job for 3 years that he would take the program to levels it hadn’t ever seen. Well so far he has struggled to reach the levels that Shirley achieved almost yearly. I think the pressure might be getting to Estill. With the loss to Perry and last years loss to Wolfe it has to be in their head that they very well might not win the region this year either.
It’s finally good to see some teams not bowing down to the Neers.
Letcher will win the 14th as long as coaching don't f it up
I will tell you right now that LCCs coach can’t field grounders and fly balls for them and he can’t help it if they don’t know how to run the bases. They are high school kids. The guy does a good job. Sometimes the players have to be held accountable.
It will be an Interesting tournament for sure. Lots of pressure for some, no pressure for others. It would be great for the region to see another team like LCC or Breathitt step up to the plate and shock some of the others. Can’t wait till next week!!