Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 2022
Aug 6 at Jackson (OH) (Scrimmage)
Aug 12 at Lexington Catholic (Scrimmage)

Aug 19 @ Raceland
Aug 26 vs. Boyd County
Sep 2 @ George Washington (WV)
Sep 9 Wheelersburg (OH)
Sep 16 @ West Jessamine
Sep 23 @ Hazard
Sep 30 vs. Elizabethtown
Oct 7 vs. East Carter *
Oct 14 vs. Russell *
Oct 21 @ Greenup County *
Oct 28 - BYE

* District
It’s a solid schedule. Those are some good scrimmages. Asslands first 7 games are for real. I don’t think west Jess or Etown are great teams but will be solid competition
Lost two really good players to Ironton today....
(05-26-2022, 01:21 PM)Fanman Wrote: Lost two really good players to Ironton today....
Yeah I was hearing some noise about this. I really don’t think one of them was a loss. With him goes a bad parent situation so….probably a win for Chads first year
I think the pieces are in place for Tackett to do things his way early on. He loses some real playmakers to graduation and transfering. This will be the first year in a long time that Ashland doesnt have a true #1 RB coming out of spring football. They lose a majority if not all of their iffensive production from a year ago and two of those losses are big losses on the defensive side of the ball as well. I figure Strader would have won the starting job over Thacker, imo. He and Jordan Terrell (I may have those names bassackwards, if so i appologize), but those two are playmakers. Its going to be interesting to see how they fill the holes at the skill positions and theres big shoes to fill upfront as well. Ingram was impressive to me last year defensively he will anchor the defense early on. Braxton Jennings has big play potential and the genes and pedigree to back it up. Its a year or 2 before Ashland is back where they want to be, but they still will have plenty to compete and be a top team in NEKY and a top 10 team in 3A.
another great post by Scotty…..football season is near! My favorite time of the year. But I can’t lie….I’m liking baseball just as much right now
How bad do the transfers hurt?
Tbh I dont see the transfers hurting all that much. Thacker was going to be pushed by Strader for the starting job imo anyway. Padron and Vinnie leaving to graduation is what hurts them the most. I cant remember the last time Ashland didnt have an established RB coming into the season. Neither transfer was going to fill that spot. So imo, it doesnt hurt them too bad.
Tomcats underachieved last season in my opinion. Im not on here as much lately as I’ve had a career change and getting ready to move outside the area. Talked with Dicky recently and was wondering if Pittman is one of the transfers? He said the kid is 6’2 and 210 and will be a BEAST for the Cats next season.
(05-27-2022, 06:26 PM)T-CATS Wrote: Tomcats underachieved last season in my opinion. Im not on here as much lately as I’ve had a career change and getting ready to move outside the area. Talked with Dicky recently and was wondering if Pittman is one of the transfers? He said the kid is 6’2 and 210 and will be a BEAST for the Cats next season.

Happy for your career but hate to see you not hanging around as much! You really bring in a lot of Tomcat talk for us.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(05-27-2022, 06:26 PM)T-CATS Wrote: Tomcats underachieved last season in my opinion. Im not on here as much lately as I’ve had a career change and getting ready to move outside the area. Talked with Dicky recently and was wondering if Pittman is one of the transfers? He said the kid is 6’2 and 210 and will be a BEAST for the Cats next season.

Yes one of the transfers is Pittman.
(05-27-2022, 10:20 AM)RTruth Wrote: How bad do the transfers hurt?

Aris Pittman would have been great for Ashland this year. He has an offer from Vince Marrow and Kentucky that he just got Yesterday. This is his first FBS D1 offer.
Ashland is coming off a rough season for Tomcat standards where they lost to Raceland, barely beat Boyd, lost to Russell, barely beat Greenup, and concluded with what was probably their only loss ever to East Carter. With the loss of Padron, Palladino, Pittman, Mullins, and Thacker, they pretty much lose all of their offensive production from what was an average team at best. In my opinion, Padron is the only significant loss as he saved the day for them in several games last season.

Looks like Love picked a good time to leave. Tackett takes on a tough job this season. The team will look completely different from last season...and that may be a good thing. Like Scotty said, though, this would seem to be a rebuilding year for Ashland, but they probably have players coming up through their system who may take advantage of their opportunities this season. Their schedule doesn't seem to account for it being a "down" year.