Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky in the Sugar Bowl?
Mark Schlabach of ESPN.com has Kentucky playing West Virginia in the Allstate Sugar Bowl in the latest edition of ESPN.com's Bowl Predictions. Ivan Maisel has UK playing in the Outback Bowl against Penn State.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story...ojections7
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Mark Schlabach of ESPN.com has Kentucky playing West Virginia in the Allstate Sugar Bowl in the latest edition of ESPN.com's Bowl Predictions. Ivan Maisel has UK playing in the Outback Bowl against Penn State.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story...ojections7

:Clap:

Isnt it just great to have somebody think this is a real possibility??? Its great to be a cat fan.
id like to see the cats take on a neighbor. a tough one
If...Then Wrote:id like to see the cats take on a neighbor. a tough one
That's what I was thinking. I would love to see them play WVU.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Bowl Projections are somthing fun to look at each week. If Kentucky does win out, I think they will play in a BCS if not the BCS Championship.
IF UK wins out, and Ohio State gets knocked off sometime in the remaining weeks, they will more than likely be playing for a BCS championship. South Florida may be in there as well. I just don't see them losing. They play Rutgers, UCONN, Louisville, Syracuse, Cincinnatti, and Pittsburgh to close out the year. Their playing pretty good right now. If UK wins out though, USF may just have to settle for a #2 seed in the rankings.
IF Kentucky wins out, and that is a HUGE IF, that means they will have beaten Florida, LSU TWICE (they will win the West), Arkansas, Louisville, Tennessee, Georgia, Mississippi State (who I think has a great chance at going bowling).....there is NO WAY they should not be playing for a national championship. I dont think they can do it, but Im saying if they happen to win em all, then they should play for the whole thing..either the Sugar or the Outback Bowl would be great bowls though, and I think they are more realistic, but nonetheless, its just amazing to talk about..I see my Bama boys picked in the Chick-fil-A (the damn Peach) Bowl, and that program changing Liberty Bowl..I'll take those too, lol..
And if Boston College and Ohio State play for the national championship, that would make for the worst national championship in the history of college football..I'd watch it, but I wouldnt like it, LOL..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:And if Boston College and Ohio State play for the national championship, that would make for the worst national championship in the history of college football..I'd watch it, but I wouldnt like it, LOL..

I wouldn't even watch it. That would be a pathetic excuse for a national title game.

Best two teams in the country? Puh-leeze... Rolleyes
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pupaw Wrote:IF UK wins out, and Ohio State gets knocked off sometime in the remaining weeks, they will more than likely be playing for a BCS championship. South Florida may be in there as well. I just don't see them losing. They play Rutgers, UCONN, Louisville, Syracuse, Cincinnatti, and Pittsburgh to close out the year. Their playing pretty good right now. If UK wins out though, USF may just have to settle for a #2 seed in the rankings.

I wouldnt be one bit suprised if Rutgers beats South Florida this thursday night,I think UK wins out they will deff have a chance at the national championship because every team will aleast have one Loss this year!
Pupaw Wrote:IF UK wins out, and Ohio State gets knocked off sometime in the remaining weeks, they will more than likely be playing for a BCS championship. South Florida may be in there as well. I just don't see them losing. They play Rutgers, UCONN, Louisville, Syracuse, Cincinnatti, and Pittsburgh to close out the year. Their playing pretty good right now. If UK wins out though, USF may just have to settle for a #2 seed in the rankings.
If Auburn can go undeafeated and not play for a national title as they did in '04 then USF can be undeafeated and not play for a title. I dont care if they do go undefeated they dont deserve to play for a title IMO. Ive said it before and Ill say it again. The BCS title will not feature an undefeated team this year.
This is one of the most messed up seasons of College Football in recent memory! It's been a great ride so far and I for one can't wait for whats in store weeks ahead.

Kentucky I hope and pray that the win out, it would be awesome to see them in a BCS game, especially the championship game. But having teams like USF, Boston College up at the top? don't think so, there are more teams out there better than those two, only reason they are up so high because they are undefeated.

I agree with HP, BCS National Championship will not feature an undefeated team this season.
As for UK vs. WVU. It would be a good matchup. I can just hear all the Hatfield and Mccoy references during the game.
-STATS- Wrote:This is one of the most messed up seasons of College Football in recent memory! It's been a great ride so far and I for one can't wait for whats in store weeks ahead.

Kentucky I hope and pray that the win out, it would be awesome to see them in a BCS game, especially the championship game. But having teams like USF, Boston College up at the top? don't think so, there are more teams out there better than those two, only reason they are up so high because they are undefeated.

I agree with HP, BCS National Championship will not feature an undefeated team this season.
What, STATS? No Ohio State? Come on now! Smile lol
I wouldn't mind watching them play Penn State in the Outback Bowl.
Football has moved on from pounding it down your throat like the Big 10 likes to do. Football is now finding out about the SEC speed and are taking advantage of it, more and more trick plays, chuck and pray, and WR screens. College football has exploited the Big 10 for being a tough front nosed defense with little speed.
Spartan4Life Wrote:I wouldn't mind watching them play Penn State in the Outback Bowl.

Interesting because that would be a rematch of the '99 Outback Bowl, when Tim Couch was running the ship.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
blackcat_student Wrote:The Bowl Projections are somthing fun to look at each week. If Kentucky does win out, I think they will play in a BCS if not the BCS Championship.

i totally agree with wat u said....they have as big shot of winnin. u think we wouldve been number one if wewould have beaten south carolina???
There is no doubt in my mind that UK would be in the top 3 right now if they would have beaten South Carolina. Plenty will agree......I hope
Well yesterday there were Sugar Bowl officals at the UK/FL game saw them walking out with there brief cases in hand and there signature shirts.
they definitely need to win out now if they want to play in a BCS bowl game
If UK and Florida both win out, both teams would have identical SEC records, but Florida would win the division by virtue of their win over us yesterday. Still, with a 10-2 record UK would be a very attractive option for the BCS bowls to select as an at-large. If Florida does indeed go to the SEC championship and lose to LSU again, they would finish 10-3.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
So are they a good chance that UK can play for the BCS Bowl?
More Cowbell Wrote:Interesting because that would be a rematch of the '99 Outback Bowl, when Tim Couch was running the ship.

I was thinking the same thing. I would love to see UK in any bowl around the Southeast. I will be there if it is within a days drive lol. Atlanta. Possibly somewhere in florida. But yea! Sugar bowl. Never would have thought it for UK football
Im sorry man just dont see it happening, lol. OSU will be undefeated until the last game of the season when a resurging Michigan team gets them in the big house. Of course Ohio State ended Michigan's BCS dreams last season so Michigan will give them a taste of their own medicine!

StrikeoutKing Wrote:What, STATS? No Ohio State? Come on now! Smile lol
Kentucky would have to win out, and win the SEC championship to get to the Sugar Bowl...There are going to be too many teams with only one loss that will make bids for the BCS games...i would love to see it, and you never know they could get hotter than they are now and win out...
U.K. has minimal chances to play in the Sugar Bowl. To win the SEC east they have to win out and hope that a couple of teams lose. Then they would have to play LSU on a neutral field, this time giving the Tigers time to prepare and they wouldn't be coming off an emotional win against Florida. Plus Perilouex would be the 'X' factor in game two as LSU saw what Tebow did to the Cats.