•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Who does Breathitt go after now?
(04-23-2022, 06:33 PM)Slim one Wrote: I truly believe that Coach Noble was honest when he said he had to put family first. After all it's a business and you have to take "promotions " when they come along. Leslie showed they were prepared to win any bidding war. Nobody ran him off. He's being smart with opportunities.
As for his replacement? I thought you could count out a couple but now I'm not sure about that. I think Breathitt will end up with a top notch coach. Credit to the administration for taking it seriously and putting the program first.
i've always been a fan of coach Noble, so this isn't a criticism, but he's taking over one of the worst teams in the region in a district that includes Perry and Hazard. He's also leaving the team that would have likely been ranked No. 1 in the region next year. He always does very well with underdogs, as he proved at Buckhorn, but it's far from a slam dunk as far as a smart move.
What about Steve Wright? Have heard he is trying to get back into it.
Heard that the Big Hoskins kid is headed to Leslie with Coach Noble. That’s a nice card to add to Nobles deck and he will help the Leslie football team a lot to. Anyone else going with Noble?
(04-24-2022, 02:07 PM)HCS Wrote:
(04-23-2022, 06:33 PM)Slim one Wrote: I truly believe that Coach Noble was honest when he said he had to put family first. After all it's a business and you have to take "promotions " when they come along. Leslie showed they were prepared to win any bidding war. Nobody ran him off. He's being smart with opportunities.
As for his replacement? I thought you could count out a couple but now I'm not sure about that. I think Breathitt will end up with a top notch coach. Credit to the administration for taking it seriously and putting the program first.
i've always been a fan of coach Noble, so this isn't a criticism, but he's taking over one of the worst teams in the region in a district that includes Perry and Hazard. He's also leaving the team that would have likely been ranked No. 1 in the region next year. He always does very well with underdogs, as he proved at Buckhorn, but it's far from a slam dunk as far as a smart move.
Guess it depends. If you're a young coach trying to pad your resume you're correct. If you're on the last few years of your career? You pad your retirement account. Or, maybe for some other coaches considering Breathitt it's about legacy. They will end up with a top notch coach and Hoskins isn't going anywhere.
Your probably right. I was at Estill Breathitt game and some of the Breathitt faithful said he may be going with John. Idc
I don't understand the logic behind the Hoskins kid going to Leslie. As someone mentioned earlier, Leslie is one of the weakest teams in the region, and they are in the toughest district in the region. Also, pertaining to football, Leslie is no longer a player in the district, behind Breathitt and Middlesboro. If Breathitt can find a Quarterback, they will field a top ten team in 2A. Regardless, I hope he makes the right decision for his future.
Hoskins isn’t going anywhere. I figured mount monster would have spoke up by now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mountainparkway's post:
  • Mountain Monster
You never know what will happen. Got a few more months till next basketball season. Hoskins is a Leslie County name. Lol
True that…. It’s also a buckhorn, clay county, owsley county name too.
Yeah true Mtn Parkway. I think he stays out at Breathitt though.
He's a three sport athlete but you got to figure football is where his home is. That ain't Leslie.
Nope not going anywhere. Senior year staying a bobcat. No ties to any Hoskins name in leslie either.
Heard they asked BB to interview as well as Al Holland..I don’t see BB doing it, but I can see Al taking the job, Breathitt paid John pretty handsomely I believe, they will find a position for him. BB doesn’t work in the school system, he is self employed, so really don’t see him taking it. But who knows, hear KCC wanting to change it up and hire someone younger with more new age ideas. Just what I’m hearing..so take it as you will
(04-26-2022, 03:07 PM)roundballer Wrote: Heard they asked BB to interview as well as Al Holland..I don’t see BB doing it, but I can see Al taking the job, Breathitt paid John pretty handsomely I believe, they will find a position for him. BB doesn’t work in the school system, he is self employed, so really don’t see him taking it. But who knows, hear KCC wanting to change it up and hire someone younger with more new age ideas. Just what I’m hearing..so take it as you will

From what I understand, they have talked to BB and Al both. If my source is correct, both have visited down there. Unsure of how true it is, but that’s what I was told.
I heard Matthew Perry is looking here.
Only smart for Breathitt to talk to the top coaches in the region and only smart for them to listen.

(04-26-2022, 05:07 PM)jamesclay Wrote: I heard Matthew Perry is looking here.
Probably looking anywhere. Won two games last year and not a tough schedule.
(04-26-2022, 04:39 PM)griffman Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 03:07 PM)roundballer Wrote: Heard they asked BB to interview as well as Al Holland..I don’t see BB doing it, but I can see Al taking the job, Breathitt paid John pretty handsomely I believe, they will find a position for him. BB doesn’t work in the school system, he is self employed, so really don’t see him taking it. But who knows, hear KCC wanting to change it up and hire someone younger with more new age ideas. Just what I’m hearing..so take it as you will

From what I understand, they have talked to BB and Al both. If my source is correct, both have visited down there. Unsure of how true it is, but that’s what I was told.

Al turned it down, don’t necessarily blame him. With who he has transferring in, he will be a contender for the Region.
It was never offered to Al. He just removed his name
Probably should just let Alex Hamilton or Doug Noble do it. Need someone local that doesn’t want to leave after next year. Is there anyone currently living in Breathitt County that could handle them boys. I know one guy that would be a good candidate that was was a great player. Tim Gross.
First off, maybe post it on KHSAA and get some candidates outside of Eastern KY.
I vote to hire Alex Hamilton. He was a very good player during his time at Breathitt and seems to do well with the baseball team
Id say Alex Hamilton is content with baseball. He is smart enough to know he isn't going to coach basketball. Baseball is his cup of tee and he does well with the team but basketball in Breathitt is the equivalent to having 1700 village idiots tell the coach how to run the team through the next Michael Jordan....

No one in Jackson can argue baseball with the guy cause no one has prolly played or been around more baseball in the community. In my opinion take it to someone with experience thats willing to invest in the future. Cause they got a great 1st shot when they roll in.
Saw where Coach Kevin Keathley was at Lee's College in Jackson. Hope he's swinging by the high school.
(04-28-2022, 01:46 PM)Slim one Wrote: Saw where Coach Kevin Keathley was at Lee's College in Jackson. Hope he's swinging by the high school.

Yeah probably be a raise from the 10k he makes coaching semi pro.
(04-28-2022, 02:44 PM)BelieveInTheHorn Wrote:
(04-28-2022, 01:46 PM)Slim one Wrote: Saw where Coach Kevin Keathley was at Lee's College in Jackson. Hope he's swinging by the high school.

Your hatred for Breathitt spills over everywhere.

(04-28-2022, 02:48 PM)Slim one Wrote:

Your hatred for Breathitt spills over everywhere.

Not hardly but my sources tell me Keathley will not be the next coach at Breathitt High.
Enlighten everyone...or are you protecting your sources? :)

Uh oh. Sounds like the inside scoop! So enlighten us or are you protecting your source?
I’ve heard Matthew Perry is a front runner. All I can say is if that’s true the Bobcats have hit a new low. Running off a coach that took you to a state championship game to hire a coach that won 3 games all season playing a weak schedule. His hometown school which he has coached at for 20 years didn’t even try to get him to come back. What does that tell you about him?
(04-28-2022, 03:18 PM)Slim one Wrote: Enlighten everyone...or are you protecting your sources? Smile

Uh oh. Sounds like the inside scoop! So enlighten us or are you protecting your source?
 It wasn’t the same source for eyeballing NBA Level talent..
(04-28-2022, 05:02 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: I’ve heard Matthew Perry is a front runner. All I can say is if that’s true the Bobcats have hit a new low. Running off a coach that took you to a state championship game to hire a coach that won 3 games all season playing a weak schedule. His hometown school which he has coached at for 20 years didn’t even try to get him to come back. What does that tell you about him?
I don't think that's true. Haven't heard his name mentioned except for on here. And while my sources pale compared to the Horn, I think I would have heard if he was being considered.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slim one's post:
  • Bobcatking
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next