Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
2022 State Champion Predictor Thread
With the spring season ending and the summer camp schedule heating up, who is everyone’s favorite in every class?
1a - pikeville
2a - beechwood
3a - belfry and pt
4a - franklin and corbin
5a - fd
6a - big 3
1A Pikeville Vs Raceland
2A Lexington Christ. Vs Beechwood
3A Belfry Vs Tilghman
4A Boyle Vs Johnson Central
5A Douglas VS South Warren
6A Trinty Vs St X
[-] The following 2 users Like Eagleland's post:
  • Football Man 23, PHSFAN
Boyle owns 4A so I’m going with them. A lot of top teams lost their QBs and it will take some time to regroup.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Jack Lambert
1-A PIKEVILLE
2-A LEX CHRISTIAN
3-A BELFRY
4-A JC
5-A FD
6-A TRINITY
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • Nygfan106wins
1A Pikeville vs Williamsburg is back? Pikeville State Champs 2022
2A LCA vs Don’t know Highschool LCA State Champs 2022
3A Wide Open vs Paducah Tilghman. Paducah Tilghman State Champs 2022
4A Boyle County vs Franklin Central. Boyle County State Champs 2022
5A Frederick Douglass vs South Warren. South Warren State Champs 2022
6A Trinity vs Male, Trinity State Champs 2022

Mayfield where are you ?????
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Pikeville’s to lose. May be one of their best teams. Don’t care about the rest but will be rooting for Belfry and Johnson Central.
Actually rooting for LCA and Doug Charles. I think they get it done this year. What a great job he has done.
(04-21-2022, 03:49 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: 1a - pikeville
2a - beechwood
3a - belfry and pt
4a - franklin and corbin
5a - fd
6a - big 3

Speechless….I never dreamed in a 100 years you of all people would pick Corbin to contend, especially with the recent goings on around the program.  I do however for once hope your right, Franklin imo is gonna be a handful for everyone they play…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
2a - beechwood
3a - belfry and pt
4a - franklin and corbin
5a - fd
6a - big 3
Not having Boyle even in contention in 4A is farfetched.
1a pikeville
2a beechwood
3a PT
4a boyle or franklin
5a south warren
6a male
(04-22-2022, 02:05 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
2a - beechwood
3a - belfry and pt
4a - franklin and corbin
5a - fd
6a - big 3

Speechless….I never dreamed in a 100 years you of all people would pick Corbin to contend, especially with the recent goings on around the program.  I do however for once hope your right, Franklin imo is gonna be a handful for everyone they play…

if the rumblings of the elam kid starting q are true then i believe corbin will be a tough out .. i think the playbook gets opened up more with a coaches son at q probably a little more trust there

(04-22-2022, 08:52 AM)HurryUp1001 Wrote:
2a - beechwood
3a - belfry and pt
4a - franklin and corbin
5a - fd
6a - big 3

lost all their offense .. you have to score points to win games
(04-22-2022, 09:21 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:
2a - beechwood
3a - belfry and pt
4a - franklin and corbin
5a - fd
6a - big 3

if the rumblings of the elam kid starting q are true then i believe corbin will be a tough out .. i think the playbook gets opened up more with a coaches son at q probably a little more trust there

2a - beechwood
3a - belfry and pt
4a - franklin and corbin
5a - fd
6a - big 3

I think boyle with be fine with the coach and system they have in place. They may not be on the same explosive level early but there is some rising stars. Anyone is in potential to have a top 5 offense when Haddix calls plays.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • HurryUp1001
I don't know much about 1A - 3A but it seems like each class has a Big 3 or maybe 4 every year in contention.

The better question would be: Is there a darkhorse team in any of the classes to upset the status quo?

6A - One of the BIG3 will emerge. We shall see if Male and X can reload after losing a lot of SR production. I would give T the edge as they had young guys playing a lot last year.

5A - South Warren. Will BG bounce back? Douglass take the next step? Where is Cov Cath?

4A - another Big3 in Boyle, Corbin, or Franklin but don't count out the youth movement at Lou. Central.
2a - beechwood
3a - belfry and pt
4a - franklin and corbin
5a - fd
6a - big 3

2a - beechwood
3a - belfry and pt
4a - franklin and corbin
5a - fd
6a - big 3

Fair enough, but you also have to question how changing qb is going to affect the team cohesion.  After two years of the shenanigans that these kids faced with daddy ball how are they gonna react if they see it as more of the same.  There is still a lot of hangover from last season no matter how much some try to ignore it, Calapari is likely more popular in Corbin right now than the current coaching staff running the football program….
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
Elam is very talented and has a lot of potential, but i believe he is limited with a daddy as a coach. There will not be a lot of objective opinions going on in that scenario. The playbook didn’t open up last year with unbelievable talent on the edge and in the backfield, doubt it happens this year. I have faith in elam as a player, not his father.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gridiron_Raid's post:
  • Bull got out!
2a - beechwood
3a - belfry and pt
4a - franklin and corbin
5a - fd
6a - big 3

2a - beechwood
3a - belfry and pt
4a - franklin and corbin
5a - fd
6a - big 3

Lost the QB, 2 OL, and 2 WR (one of which was a first year player)...return 3 WR's, a jr 1000+ yard rusher, and 3 of the 5 starting OL. I wouldn't consider that all their offense. And return 8 out of 11 on defense..might not have to score too many points to win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HurryUp1001's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(04-22-2022, 10:33 AM)Runnin' Clock Wrote: I don't know much about 1A - 3A but it seems like each class has a Big 3 or maybe 4 every year in contention.

The better question would be: Is there a darkhorse team in any of the classes to upset the status quo?

6A - One of the BIG3 will emerge. We shall see if Male and X can reload after losing a lot of SR production. I would give T the edge as they had young guys playing a lot last year.

5A - South Warren. Will BG bounce back? Douglass take the next step? Where is Cov Cath?

4A - another Big3 in Boyle, Corbin, or Franklin but don't count out the youth movement at Lou. Central.
No offense intended to Corbin fans, but there is no Big 3 in 4A, and if there was, Johnson Central would be included ahead of Corbin. Corbin should be a tough out next season but if they beat Johnson Central, it will be an upset and the Hounds' coaching staff will need to up their game for that to happen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Bull got out!
(04-22-2022, 12:12 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 10:33 AM)Runnin' Clock Wrote: I don't know much about 1A - 3A but it seems like each class has a Big 3 or maybe 4 every year in contention.

No offense intended to Corbin fans, but there is no Big 3 in 4A, and if there was, Johnson Central would be included ahead of Corbin. Corbin should be a tough out next season but if they beat Johnson Central, it will be an upset and the Hounds' coaching staff will need to up their game for that to happen.

Hard to argue with that Hoot, Corbin does return a lot of really good players and a couple who could be really special but under the current regime players who could be special seem to underperform and never seem to develop.  I’m always pulling for the Hounds but dont see very much changing….
(04-22-2022, 11:10 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: Elam is very talented and has a lot of potential, but i believe he is limited with a daddy as a coach. There will not be a lot of objective opinions going on in that scenario. The playbook didn’t open up last year with unbelievable talent on the edge and in the backfield, doubt it happens this year. I have faith in elam as a player, not his father.
Elam is a crazy talented qb. Their current qb who is a 3 year starter also is very talented. Unfortunately the current head coach's philosophy towards his qb is "Don't do anything to get us beat." The current qb went from ending his freshman season with 400+ passing yards in the final game to 2 consecutive years to passing for a little over 1000 years each season. As long as the current staff is at Corbin, it's not really gonna matter who plays quarterback.
Haddix with the 3-peat in 4A!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!
4A  Franklin Co. vs Boyle Co. Both coaches are next level coaches who I like a lot, so "Let the best team win!" My team, Corbin, will win their district and call it a another great season
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesdeane's post:
  • Bull got out!
(04-21-2022, 04:47 PM)Eagleland Wrote: 1A Pikeville Vs Raceland
2A Lexington Christ. Vs Beechwood
3A Belfry Vs Tilghman
4A Boyle Vs Johnson Central 
5A Douglas VS South Warren
6A Trinty Vs St X

A lot could potentially change by December but good picks nonetheless.
1a Raceland
2a LCA
3a Paducah Tilghman
4a TOSS UP between 4-5 teams
5a Fredrick Douglass
6a Big 3

I’m eager to see the way the new playoff format shakes out. Loaded districts now have a shot to get multiple teams to thanksgiving weekend.
A - Pikeville
AA - Beechwood
AAA - Paducah Tilghman
AAAA - Lou. Central
AAAAA - Frederick Douglass
AAAAAA - Saint Xavier
(04-23-2022, 03:14 PM)Real Badman Wrote: A - Pikeville
AA - Beechwood
AAA - Paducah Tilghman
AAAA - Lou. Central
AAAAA - Frederick Douglass
AAAAAA - Saint Xavier
Lots of people forget about central in 4a. They have some absolute studs in their sophomore class.
(04-22-2022, 09:27 PM)16 special Wrote: 1a Raceland
2a LCA
3a Paducah Tilghman
4a TOSS UP between 4-5 teams
5a Fredrick Douglass
6a Big 3

I’m eager to see the way the new playoff format shakes out. Loaded districts now have a shot to get multiple teams to thanksgiving weekend.
I like the Raceland pick. I’ll also take Hazard as my sleeper.
(04-22-2022, 09:29 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
2a - beechwood
3a - belfry and pt
4a - franklin and corbin
5a - fd
6a - big 3

2a - beechwood
3a - belfry and pt
4a - franklin and corbin
5a - fd
6a - big 3

I think boyle with be fine with the coach and system they have in place. They may not be on the same explosive level early but there is some rising stars. Anyone is in potential to have a top 5 offense when Haddix calls plays.

He's good, but there will be a lack of trust and even more turmoil in the program than there is now.
A- Raceland is my pick as they return everyone except 2 seniors including nearly all of their offensive production and key parts on both sides of the ball. To be the champ in this division you have to beat the champ and they will have to play Pikeville again this year if they are to win it all. Pikeville returns Birchfield at RB and his production alone is enough to carry most teams but without McNamee back there at QB I could see the box being a lot more crowded next season and running a little tougher.

2A: I don’t know a lot about 2A but LCA is my pick but they have some huge shoes to fill with the loss of Xavier Brown and Mason Moore among others.

3A: Paducah redeems itself this year and goes all the way. They return a dynamite duo with the young QB and RB both putting up huge numbers last year. They will need some WR to step up and fill big shoes of Thomas & Marshall.
Belfry will struggle to replace the production of Dixon early but it’s hard to ever count out a run by them come November.

4A: Boyle for a 3 peat but Haddix obviously needs someone kids step up in a big way to fill the void at QB and at WR left by Gillis & Lanter. With that I could see it being hard fought for Boyle over JC and or Franklin. Also I think Lou Central is going to compete and very well may be firing on all cylinders come November. I don’t see Corbin in the title discussion next year.

5A: I would like to see FD get over the hump but they just can’t seem to get it done for a championship for whatever reason. They are my pick though but they may need another one of those transfer portal QBs and an WR to replace Key. I’m not sure how South Warren can replace Veltkamp’s production plus their leading rusher to have the firepower make it back to the ship.

6A: somebody from the big 3 of male/st X/Trinity is hard to pick against. I will throw Madison Central in there in though has they were impressive last season under Holcomb. The Hensley kid is a stud at RB but I’m not sure what graduation did to their offensive line.
(04-23-2022, 08:54 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 09:29 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
2a - beechwood
3a - belfry and pt
4a - franklin and corbin
5a - fd
6a - big 3

2a - beechwood
3a - belfry and pt
4a - franklin and corbin
5a - fd
6a - big 3

He's good, but there will be a lack of trust and even more turmoil in the program than there is now.
Is there turmoil in the program now?