Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
2022 State Champion Predictor Thread
(04-25-2022, 09:13 AM)HurryUp1001 Wrote:
(04-23-2022, 08:54 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 09:29 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 09:21 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 02:05 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: Speechless….I never dreamed in a 100 years you of all people would pick Corbin to contend, especially with the recent goings on around the program.  I do however for once hope your right, Franklin imo is gonna be a handful for everyone they play…

if the rumblings of the elam kid starting q are true then i believe corbin will be a tough out .. i think the playbook gets opened up more with a coaches son at q probably a little more trust there

(04-22-2022, 08:52 AM)HurryUp1001 Wrote: Not having Boyle even in contention in 4A is farfetched.

lost all their offense .. you have to score points to win games
I think boyle with be fine with the coach and system they have in place. They may not be on the same explosive level early but there is some rising stars. Anyone is in potential to have a top 5 offense when Haddix calls plays.

He's good, but there will be a lack of trust and even more turmoil in the program than there is now.
Is there turmoil in the program now?

A lot of Corbin fans seem to think so Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • HurryUp1001
1a - Pikeville
2a - LCA/ Beechwood
3a - Belfry
4a -Boyle, Franklin and Corbin (Boyle controls 4A until someone can dethrone them)
5a - Fredrick Douglas
6a - Trinity
(04-22-2022, 09:21 AM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 02:05 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(04-21-2022, 03:49 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: 1a - pikeville
2a - beechwood
3a - belfry and pt
4a - franklin and corbin
5a - fd
6a - big 3

Speechless….I never dreamed in a 100 years you of all people would pick Corbin to contend, especially with the recent goings on around the program.  I do however for once hope your right, Franklin imo is gonna be a handful for everyone they play…

if the rumblings of the elam kid starting q are true then i believe corbin will be a tough out .. i think the playbook gets opened up more with a coaches son at q probably a little more trust there

(04-22-2022, 08:52 AM)HurryUp1001 Wrote:
(04-21-2022, 03:49 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: 1a - pikeville
2a - beechwood
3a - belfry and pt
4a - franklin and corbin
5a - fd
6a - big 3
Not having Boyle even in contention in 4A is farfetched.

lost all their offense .. you have to score points to win games
Boyle could return all 22 starters and he would pick against us.  Boyle will be 3a in numbers next year and I'm not sure if they will stay in 4a like last time or drop down.  But part of me wants to drop to 3a just so we can whip Bell County some more !!
[-] The following 3 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • HighViz, HurryUp1001, Rebel55
Lawrence County will battle Belfry for the regional championship and IMO they win. They came very close last season to knocking off Belfry on the road and it took a late drive for Belfry to win. With Dixon being gone and the Bulldogs returning a lot, they are the favorite.
(05-06-2022, 10:17 AM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: Lawrence County will battle Belfry for the regional championship and IMO they win. They came very close last season to knocking off Belfry on the road and it took a late drive for Belfry to win. With Dixon being gone and the Bulldogs returning a lot, they are the favorite.

Lawrence is favored over Belfry.. in what land?!?!?!
For as of Boyle I think they may struggle early in the season just like last years team. New QB and some big shoes to fill but come playoff time they will be a hard out again. Their odds are just as good or better than anyone else in 4A for this upcoming year.

For as of talk about 2023 I also think there is a good chance Boyle decides to go back down to 3A. Just around the county of Boyle you have Mercer, Casey, and Garrard also in that class. One thing for sure it will be interesting to see what they do.
(05-06-2022, 10:17 AM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: Lawrence County will battle Belfry for the regional championship and IMO they win. They came very close last season to knocking off Belfry on the road and it took a late drive for Belfry to win. With Dixon being gone and the Bulldogs returning a lot, they are the favorite.

comical.
(05-06-2022, 10:20 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:

Lawrence is favored over Belfry.. in what land?!?!?!

Not that far off IMHO.
It does seem comical to those who didn’t watch these two play in the playoffs last year. Lawrence County has improved on both sides of the ball in the past two seasons and have a very good underclassman group to add to the mix as well. They will be sound defensively with plenty of talent offensively. It will be a battle but Lawrence has closed the gap and is very capable of winning this matchup. I get the whole concept “you’re not the favorite until you beat the favorite” but I believe Lawrence was the better “ team” last season. Belfry just happened to have the best player and Mr. Football. That made the whole difference.
(05-07-2022, 10:09 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: It does seem comical to those who didn’t watch these two play in the playoffs last year. Lawrence County has improved on both sides of the ball in the past two seasons and have a very good underclassman group to add to the mix as well. They will be sound defensively with plenty of talent offensively. It will be a battle but Lawrence has closed the gap and is very capable of winning this matchup. I get the whole concept “you’re not the favorite until you beat the favorite” but I believe Lawrence was the better “ team” last season. Belfry just happened to have the best player and Mr. Football. That made the whole difference.

What did LC lose?

LCs young guys are very talented, not as talented as Belfrys class but I think LCs young guys fit their system better.

Belfrys MS ran a different system than the HS for the first time ever. Their personal was more suited to a more open offense. The HS won’t change to that.
LC lost their qb, 2 running backs, wide receiver/ cornerback and some defensive guys. The biggest question mark would be the qb but they have a couple guys who can not only run it but sling it. One is a baseball kid and the other is a basketball player. Both are very talented and capable of running the offense. I think they will be stronger this coming season on the lines and even tougher at the LOS.
(05-08-2022, 01:29 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: LC lost their qb, 2 running backs, wide receiver/ cornerback and some defensive guys. The biggest question mark would be the qb but they have a couple guys who can not only run it but sling it. One is a baseball kid and the other is a basketball player. Both are very talented and capable of running the offense. I think they will be stronger this coming season on the lines and even tougher at the LOS.
God bless your optimism. The only thing I’ll say is that this game will be played at LC and anybody that knows anything about this series knows we historically play terrible there. If you’re going to get us next year is the year.
You say that but you almost got beat at Pond Creek in the playoffs and everyone who knows anything about playing there knows the visitors always get screwed by the refs. Its good to be optimistic, especially when you see the progress that a team has made. Best of luck to you guys!
(05-09-2022, 03:04 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: You say that but you almost got beat at Pond Creek in the playoffs and everyone who knows anything about playing there knows the visitors always get screwed by the refs. Its good to be optimistic, especially when you see the progress that a team has made. Best of luck to you guys!
Well our incoming freshman and sophomores are back to back state champs I also like our progress. Good luck to you all as well.

(05-09-2022, 03:59 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 03:04 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: You say that but you almost got beat at Pond Creek in the playoffs and everyone who knows anything about playing there knows the visitors always get screwed by the refs. Its good to be optimistic, especially when you see the progress that a team has made. Best of luck to you guys!
Well our incoming freshman and sophomores are back to back state champs I also like our progress. Good luck to you all as well.
MS State Champs
Hazard isn’t getting enough credit in 1A predictions. They are gonna be tough. Raceland returns a lot of offense and Pikeville returns most of its stingy defense. 1A playoffs will have some great matchups
(05-07-2022, 10:09 PM)lcgrad2002 Wrote: It does seem comical to those who didn’t watch these two play in the playoffs last year. Lawrence County has improved on both sides of the ball in the past two seasons and have a very good underclassman group to add to the mix as well. They will be sound defensively with plenty of talent offensively. It will be a battle but Lawrence has closed the gap and is very capable of winning this matchup. I get the whole concept “you’re not the favorite until you beat the favorite” but I believe Lawrence was the better “ team” last season. Belfry just happened to have the best player and Mr. Football. That made the whole difference.

I know LC is hanging their hat on the Playoff game.  What should be noted is that Belfry was without two of their best lineman in that game.  No doubt Belfry had the best player on the field….but when healthy … Belfry was the overall better team IMO. 

As for this upcoming season….IMO Paducah Tilghman should be the prohibitive favorite to win 3A.  No ifs, ands or buts.    While Belfry will return some talent….replacing Dixon….and finding a playmaker to go with the ground and pound style will be critical.    As a matter of fact….This could be LC’s best chance at taking down the Pirates.   However….if it doesn’t happen this coming season…I don’t seen it coming at all any time soon.   Belfry has a boatload of young talent coming.     I think a lot will depend on just how long Haywood remains on the sidelines.    Here’s hoping he has a few years left in the tank.   Good luck to LC, Magoffin, PCC and the rest.
(04-24-2022, 12:35 AM)fansville Wrote: A- Raceland is my pick as they return everyone except 2 seniors including nearly all of their offensive production and key parts on both sides of the ball. To be the champ in this division you have to beat the champ and they will have to play Pikeville again this year if they are to win it all. Pikeville returns Birchfield at RB and his production alone is enough to carry most teams but without McNamee back there at QB I could see the box being a lot more crowded next season and running a little tougher.

2A: I don’t know a lot about 2A but LCA is my pick but they have some huge shoes to fill with the loss of Xavier Brown and Mason Moore among others.

3A: Paducah redeems itself this year and goes all the way. They return a dynamite duo with the young QB and RB both putting up huge numbers last year. They will need some WR to step up and fill big shoes of Thomas & Marshall.
Belfry will struggle to replace the production of Dixon early but it’s hard to ever count out a run by them come November.

4A: Boyle for a 3 peat but Haddix obviously needs someone kids step up in a big way to fill the void at QB and at WR left by Gillis & Lanter. With that I could see it being hard fought for Boyle over JC and or Franklin.  Also I think Lou Central is going to compete and very well may be firing on all cylinders come November. I don’t see Corbin in the title discussion next year.

5A: I would like to see FD get over the hump but they just can’t seem to get it done for a championship for whatever reason. They are my pick though but they may need another one of those transfer portal QBs and an WR to replace Key. I’m not sure how South Warren can replace Veltkamp’s production plus their leading rusher to have the firepower make it back to the ship.

6A: somebody from the big 3 of male/st X/Trinity is hard to pick against. I will throw Madison Central in there in though has they were impressive last season under Holcomb. The Hensley kid is a stud at RB but I’m not sure what graduation did to their offensive line.
Pikeville will demolish Raceland again.
1A-Pikeville
2A-LCA
3A-Paduach
4A-Boyle County
5A-Douglass
6A-Male
1. Pikeville
2. Lex C / Beechwood
3. Paducah / belfry
4. Boyle
5. Freddie D
6. Male/Trinity
(05-12-2022, 01:23 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 12:35 AM)fansville Wrote: A- Raceland is my pick as they return everyone except 2 seniors including nearly all of their offensive production and key parts on both sides of the ball. To be the champ in this division you have to beat the champ and they will have to play Pikeville again this year if they are to win it all. Pikeville returns Birchfield at RB and his production alone is enough to carry most teams but without McNamee back there at QB I could see the box being a lot more crowded next season and running a little tougher.

2A: I don’t know a lot about 2A but LCA is my pick but they have some huge shoes to fill with the loss of Xavier Brown and Mason Moore among others.

3A: Paducah redeems itself this year and goes all the way. They return a dynamite duo with the young QB and RB both putting up huge numbers last year. They will need some WR to step up and fill big shoes of Thomas & Marshall.
Belfry will struggle to replace the production of Dixon early but it’s hard to ever count out a run by them come November.

4A: Boyle for a 3 peat but Haddix obviously needs someone kids step up in a big way to fill the void at QB and at WR left by Gillis & Lanter. With that I could see it being hard fought for Boyle over JC and or Franklin.  Also I think Lou Central is going to compete and very well may be firing on all cylinders come November. I don’t see Corbin in the title discussion next year.

5A: I would like to see FD get over the hump but they just can’t seem to get it done for a championship for whatever reason. They are my pick though but they may need another one of those transfer portal QBs and an WR to replace Key. I’m not sure how South Warren can replace Veltkamp’s production plus their leading rusher to have the firepower make it back to the ship.

6A: somebody from the big 3 of male/st X/Trinity is hard to pick against. I will throw Madison Central in there in though has they were impressive last season under Holcomb. The Hensley kid is a stud at RB but I’m not sure what graduation did to their offensive line.
Time will tell, I just see Raceland being way better than last year and Pikeville a little weaker. I think it will make for an interesting game if they meet each other again for all the reasons I said in my post.
(05-12-2022, 01:23 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

Raceland is Pikeville’s Super Bowl. Played their best game of the season against Raceland. We seem to bring that out in teams.
1a Pikeville
2a Mayfield
3a PT
4a Boyle Co
5a Bowling Green
6a Trinity
Mayfield has fell way behind Beechwood and LCA. They might never win another championship Smile
(05-30-2022, 09:38 PM)mysonis55 Wrote: 1a Pikeville
2a Mayfield
3a PT
4a Boyle Co
5a Bowling Green
6a Trinity
Good to see you on here 55
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • mysonis55
Pikeville will win Class A they will be as loaded as they have ever been. Top 3 team in Class A through 4A
(05-31-2022, 04:54 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Pikeville will win Class A they will be as loaded as they have ever been. Top 3 team in Class A through 4A

I have to agree with that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • jetpilot
(05-31-2022, 04:54 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Pikeville will win Class A they will be as loaded as they have ever been. Top 3 team in Class A through 4A
As much as I enjoy ol’ Jets unbridled enthusiasm, Pikeville will have some major question marks this season. First and foremost replacing what is possibly the best QB in the programs history. Apparently Raceland and Hazard have loaded up and have the Panthers square in their sights. I do think defensively the Panthers could be even better this year, which is a good starting point for early in the season while trying to get a new QB ready for November. But in saying that, I think there is a QB on the roster that is more than capable of filling the role nicely. Getting closer everyday to finding out.

Not a chance. Wouldn’t beat Beechwood, LCA, Boyle, or JC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • Hatz
(05-31-2022, 09:40 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote:
As much as I enjoy ol’ Jets unbridled enthusiasm, Pikeville will have some major question marks this season. First and foremost replacing what is possibly the best QB in the programs history. Apparently Raceland and Hazard have loaded up and have the Panthers square in their sights. I do think defensively the Panthers could be even better this year, which is a good starting point for early in the season while trying to get a new QB ready for November. But in saying that, I think there is a QB on the roster that is more than capable of filling the role nicely. Getting closer everyday to finding out.
I like your cautious enthusiasm tempering my unbridled enthusiasm. If Duty is QB and is as good on the football field as he is on the baseball diamond, he will be a star. Also have S Wright and the kid from Pike Central, so many options. Studs all over the field on both sides of the ball.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Micro-Brew
(05-31-2022, 12:05 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:

Not a chance. Wouldn’t beat Beechwood, LCA, Boyle, or JC.
Don't count on it. Boyle might be a stretch but not the other 3.