Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
PIKEVILLE 2022 SEASON
(06-21-2022, 04:50 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Way too early but my guess is he will be a Clay Tinsley type player they line up all over the field who will be extremely dangerous every time he touches the ball and will give defenses another player they have to worry about along with all the studs Pikeville has at the skill positions.

Way too early
All IMO
Do not consume without a grain of salt
I can see him in a slot type position. Not as talented an athlete or player as Tinsley was but with Hensley and even Wilkerson who made some good plays last year coming back along with Brayden Hall I just don’t see that many touches left for him. Then mix in all the times Birchfield touches the ball. Kid would have been big part at Pike Central but not Pikeville. He will have great shot at getting Championship ring though
[-] The following 1 user Likes Truewords's post:
  • Big Five-0-
^Grant Scott too
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Imo, any player that transfers in and wants to contribute would be a welcome addition. But my bet on the QB position will belong to Isaac Duty with Sam Wright coming in a close second. With Boykins skills a slot or WO position is where he plays. This season's Pikeville team being as loaded out as it is would be in Kroger field with or without Boykins. Jmo.

(06-21-2022, 06:04 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^Grant Scott too
Agree jp. A big and proven target.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Five-0-'s post:
  • jetpilot
(06-21-2022, 04:48 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote:
(06-21-2022, 04:32 PM)Truewords Wrote:
(06-21-2022, 04:10 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote: You think Garbage Mins with a Running clock are good reps lol. Boykins will take Pikevilles Offense to the next level with his ability to roll out or tuck it and run. End of Story.
He was best athlete pike central had still not their best player. Will not be in top 5 or more athletes at Pikeville or in top 10 players. He will get some playing time but in no way will take them to the next level. They are the defending H
He Will be The Starting QB. I can't wait to see what you have to say when the Summer is over and you hear the stories of how Dynamic Pikevilles Offense is with him running it. He is The Best QB on the Roster. See you after the Summer.
Haven’t met the Boykins kid but I’d give that young man the same advice I’d give anyone….COMPETE!!! Starting jobs on this football team aren’t handed out in June on a High School Football Thread
[-] The following 1 user Likes HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s post:
  • Big Five-0-
The transfer coming in changes nothing. All QBs on Pikevilles roster have the ability to help out. All they have to do is not worry. Dont try to force things or be a hero. They have Birchfield. Which is arguably the best offensive player in 1A coming into the season. Boykins is a good athelete, but he didnt produce the numbers that jump out at you as someone to come in and be the front runner for the QB1 job. All this being said, as Jet stated, coach mac and company know what the hell they are doing lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • jetpilot
Raceland and Hazard are the teams to beat this year in the East in Single A. Mark it down. Whomever the qb ends up being, they better be completely focused on those two tasks from Day 1. Or maybe even yesterday. All the other games are warm up games for those 2 matchups or possible matchups
The 1A playoffs are gonna be interesting. Holding on the that #1 RPI spot is gonna be crucial and with Pikeville's schedule it will be tough. Hazard is gonna be really good offensively and Raceland has everyone back and then some added talent that transferred in. Its a great year to bring in a first year QB with the defense they have coming back and the offense can lean on Birchfield until they get the passing game lined out. It is not a terribly complicated offense, but it takes time to develop a new QB. Offense will be where it needs to be by playoff time.
(06-23-2022, 01:33 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Raceland and Hazard are the teams to beat this year in the East in Single A. Mark it down. Whomever the qb ends up being, they better be completely focused on those two tasks from Day 1. Or maybe even yesterday. All the other games are warm up games for those 2 matchups or possible matchups

I want what you are smokin’. This could possibly the most loaded Pikeville team in decades.
(06-23-2022, 01:33 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Raceland and Hazard are the teams to beat this year in the East in Single A. Mark it down. Whomever the qb ends up being, they better be completely focused on those two tasks from Day 1. Or maybe even yesterday. All the other games are warm up games for those 2 matchups or possible matchups

can you ship some of what you’re smoking to log mountain please
I love my Rams and have respect for the tradition that Hazard has but let’s not be disrespectful to the defending champs. Pikeville beat Hazard by 3 scores twice last year and put a running clock on Raceland in the semifinals.  Both squads may be improved from last season but that is not enough to call either team the team to beat until they prove they can compete with Pikeville.
I’ll save judgement on this year’s Pikeville team until I see them play, however, if they are on par with 2019, they win Class A. If they are on par with 1987, they go 15-0 with very few non- running clock games.
2000 always the voice of reason
East Ky 1A always loaded and land mines all over
Nothing taken for granted
Nobody will concede anything to the favorite
(06-23-2022, 08:32 PM)VoR_58 Wrote:

I want what you are smokin’. This could possibly the most loaded Pikeville team in decades.
What makes you think this team is the most loaded team in decades? Not arguing, I just want to hear your thinking on this statement.
(06-24-2022, 11:42 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote:

What makes you think this team is the most loaded team in decades? Not arguing, I just want to hear your thinking on this statement.

Because if you have watched Pikeville for years you can tell this group that is seniors has been special all throughout and the guys below them are just as good players but are behind veterans. 

Just have to know Pikeville to know this team is stacked besides at QB which is the most important position I’ll give you that.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Giver MB his due for being very smart and cautious. Tell a bunch of kids how great they are all year and you end up losing to Hazard as a 35+ point favorite like 2020.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Micro-Brew
Bingo
Hazard and Raceland will be dangerous. Hazard has a solid QB and talented WR's. Raceland has EVERYONE coming back and got transfer help. Just like every team before them this Pikeville team will have a lot to prove. Lot of question marks offensively and they definitely have some shoes to fill.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hambley's post:
  • Patriot1
(06-27-2022, 04:21 PM)Hambley Wrote: Hazard and Raceland will be dangerous. Hazard has a solid QB and talented WR's. Raceland has EVERYONE coming back and got transfer help.  Just like every team before them this Pikeville team will have a lot to prove.  Lot of question marks offensively and they definitely have some shoes to fill.
Agree. This season's team will have some huge holes to fill with the graduation loss of Landon Hammock (Center, and NG on D) and Josh Taylor DE, and others. But these two come to mind when i think of what they graduated. Both played lights out in their positions and showed great leadership. I remember watching Hammock play against Belfry at Belfry in 2019 with a broken hand and played his heart out to help Pikeville with the win. Taylor had good size and toughness at every game to help bring Pikeville to where it stands today. Truly believe the Panthers will be back at Kroger, but these young men this season have got to have the heart and grit to be there and be on a mission (Kroger). The competition is going to be stronger this season, but the talent is definitely there for Pikeville, just have to apply it at every play.
(06-21-2022, 12:35 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Who has the record?
Brent Coleman ‘97
[-] The following 1 user Likes HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s post:
  • Spud6
Everyone and I mean everyone is predicting Raceland to win 1A. Panther players if that don’t fire you up then don’t show up to practice this week. Every rep of every practice should be focused on 2 teams. I’ll let you guys figure out those 2 teams. You should be like Rocky with these two teams pictures on your bathroom mirror.

(06-25-2022, 12:58 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 11:42 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote:

Because if you have watched Pikeville for years you can tell this group that is seniors has been special all throughout and the guys below them are just as good players but are behind veterans. 

Just have to know Pikeville to know this team is stacked besides at QB which is the most important position I’ll give you that.
No offense, but I’ve watched them a lot. I know you have as well because you got an in law on the team who I love like my own. But they better not walk into this season thinking their anointed because they are not. It’s time to put their damn hard hats on and go to work. Focused. You want to be remembered? Well that’s up to those boys that will show up in that locker room come Monday. I know two teams who are going to give their souls to beat Pikeville. Are the Pikeville boys willing to call that bet and raise the pot? Come Find Out
(07-09-2022, 02:43 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Everyone and I mean everyone is predicting Raceland to win 1A. Panther players if that don’t fire you up then don’t show up to practice this week. Every rep of every practice should be focused on 2 teams. I’ll let you guys figure out those 2 teams. You should be like Rocky with these two teams pictures on your bathroom mirror.

I’m just curious to who is “everyone” that is predicting Raceland to win 1A?  I’m from Raceland and I haven’t heard that.  We have high expectations for the season but we are also very aware that there is a huge roadblock called Pikeville standing in the way and until proven otherwise they are still the favorites to win it all.
(07-09-2022, 09:51 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote:
(07-09-2022, 02:43 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Everyone and I mean everyone is predicting Raceland to win 1A. Panther players if that don’t fire you up then don’t show up to practice this week. Every rep of every practice should be focused on 2 teams. I’ll let you guys figure out those 2 teams. You should be like Rocky with these two teams pictures on your bathroom mirror.

I’m just curious to who is “everyone” that is predicting Raceland to win 1A?  I’m from Raceland and I haven’t heard that.  We have high expectations for the season but we are also very aware that there is a huge roadblock called Pikeville standing in the way and until proven otherwise they are still the favorites to win it all.

He’s trying to use reverse psychology to fire up the kids, which is a smart play especially considering what happened in 2020.

The reality is, Pikeville is the favorite until they are knocked off and should be until that day. Great community support, coaches and players who understand the tradition of the program.
I know KPG predicted them to win and I’ve seen 2 more publications that have them winning. I’ll see if I can find them and post them here. Oh and yeah I’m def trying to fire those kids up Tongue

https://twitter.com/kpgfootball/status/1539303709817163776?s=21&t=zQllQXHusXTr2NyLcS2ZUg

Here’s another one with Raceland picked over Pikeville and the highest ranked 1A team, so one can assume Raceland is their pick to win 1A
https://twitter.com/kentuckyhigh/status/1544476645993717760?s=21&t=GPuTvUOLsFX_XOUFjIve8Q

So that’s two I found in 5 minutes of searching. I know there’s at least 1 more maybe 2. So I wasn’t completely just blowing smoke
It’s not a secret who the best teams in the East are but it’s the players that put in the work and want it that will be at Kroger Field in the end. Having said that with the new alignment I would not like to be the team who loses the Hazard and Pikeville game and make that trip to 10 miles south of Corbin to face the Burg and yes I watched the game between them and Pikeville last year and it was a good game until the touchback and a blocked punt and then Pikeville recovered a kick off in a short period of time. Paintsville is just laying back and reading all these comments and getting ready for the season. Both of these 2 teams I mentioned return a lot of talent and could be a spoiler in some of these teams goals. So never take anything for granted and put in the work and no plays off and for my first time this year GO PANTHERS!!!
Pikeville will probably drop a game or two early in the season and there will be talk that they began the season overrated and aren't as good as last season.,etc.

Come November they will be battled-tested and ready though and will bring another state championship home to Pike County.
Pikeville can't beat their way out of a wet paper bag.
(07-09-2022, 11:12 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Pikeville can't beat their way out of a wet paper bag.
Lol! Trying to fire my Panthers up dougie? Bring some of that brisket to the Corbin game, i'll bring the beer and we'll watch the Panthers win! You ol Panther fan!! Smile
(07-10-2022, 12:19 AM)Big Five-0- Wrote:
(07-09-2022, 11:12 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Pikeville can't beat their way out of a wet paper bag.
Lol! Trying to fire my Panthers up dougie? Bring some of that brisket to the Corbin game, i'll bring the beer and we'll watch the Panthers win! You ol Panther fan!! Smile

I'm trying lol. Sounds like a plan. I was a Panther even before I was a Colonel Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Pikeville’s running back stable is as deep and talented as I’ve ever seen. Birchfield, Caudill, Wright, Anthony and throw in a quick as lightning Boykins and they have 5 major threats. They all add a little something different too. Pikeville still has a long, long way to go as a whole. But I love their Running game (backs and line), and I love their defense. Not a bad 2 aspects to build on. The Pikeville/Corbin game could be electric.