Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
PIKEVILLE 2022 SEASON
(05-07-2022, 10:05 PM)Big Five-0- Wrote: Pikeville is scheduled to have new carpet installed this summer. Anyone know if work has started yet?

I was told there is a delay by the install company and field wont be ready till right before labor day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Since I’m conversing with myself, I’ll stick with the LBers for now.
This LB crew, assuming Wright is 100%, could be just as good if not better than the 2019 LBer crew. The two inside guys, Ray and Derossett are hard nosed kids that really do a nice job stuffing the inside run. Then the 2 outside guys which I talked of previously, Wright and Anthony, can literally play sideline to sideline. The LB’ers should be the strength of what should be a stellar defense. But we will see come Sept, Oct, Nov and hopefully Dec
(06-16-2022, 10:56 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Since I’m conversing with myself, I’ll stick with the LBers for now.
This LB crew, assuming Wright is 100%, could be just as good if not better than the 2019 LBer crew. The two inside guys, Ray and Derossett are hard nosed kids that really do a nice job stuffing the inside run. Then the 2 outside guys which I talked of previously, Wright and Anthony, can literally play sideline to sideline. The LB’ers should be the strength of what should be a stellar defense. But we will see come Sept, Oct, Nov and hopefully Dec

They have unreal talent for a 1A team alllll over the field. It truly is amazing and this could be the best team to ever come through Pikeville High, in my opinion.  But only time will tell!
As much as I love your gusto, I can’t agree with that. The 2019 team had more speed than any single A team should be allowed, and I’m not sure they (the 2019 team) were better than one of those late 80’s squads. Now if this team runs the table, we can discuss it. But breaking in a new QB, I see a few losses as being very likely.
(06-08-2022, 06:41 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: So a few kids I’m excited to see this year….
First and foremost a fully healthy Carson Wright. Time for that kid to have a little good luck and return to the player everyone thought he’d be a couple years ago. Secondly I really like Anthony, the kid is a D-O-double G
His work ethic is second to none. Also really anxious to see what Blake Caudill can bring to the table this year. The kid is too good an athlete to not be on the field in some aspect. I’d personally like to see him get some D Line reps. With his strength now and his quickness, he could be a major problem for much slower OL.. I’ll mention a few more kids going forward thru the next weeks that I’m really excited to see how they’ve matured and in what aspect they’ll be able to contribute for this years Panther team.
I could have written this post almost word for word lol...top 3 I'm excited to watch also. Also hoping to see S. Wright at receiver this year. He looked very fast on the baseball diamond this year and his father was one of the best receviers ever at Pikeville so...
Excited to see how good the Boykins kid is and how they use him. I think there could be several players who could tale big steps forward this year. Pikeville is going to be a huge problem for every team they face.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-
(06-17-2022, 12:22 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(06-08-2022, 06:41 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: So a few kids I’m excited to see this year….
First and foremost a fully healthy Carson Wright. Time for that kid to have a little good luck and return to the player everyone thought he’d be a couple years ago. Secondly I really like Anthony, the kid is a D-O-double G
His work ethic is second to none. Also really anxious to see what Blake Caudill can bring to the table this year. The kid is too good an athlete to not be on the field in some aspect. I’d personally like to see him get some D Line reps. With his strength now and his quickness, he could be a major problem for much slower OL.. I’ll mention a few more kids going forward thru the next weeks that I’m really excited to see how they’ve matured and in what aspect they’ll be able to contribute for this years Panther team.
I could have written this post almost word for word lol...top 3 I'm excited to watch also. Also hoping to see S. Wright at receiver this year. He looked very fast on the baseball diamond this year and his father was one of the best receviers ever at Pikeville so...
Excited to see how good the Boykins kid is and how they use him. I think there could be several players who could tale big steps forward this year. Pikeville is going to be a huge problem for every team they face.
*take

I’ve been told the Boykins kid isn’t playing football and will stick with basketball only.

And yes I meant the best team only if they run the table, which I think is possible.
This team I terrifying if you look at every spot but arguably your most important, QB, is really the only spot where you start to second guess. But last year Pikeville proved they could give the ball to Birchfield 25 times a game and win a state championship. So the QB spot may be a mute point when you look at Carson being 100% hopefully and then the kid they played at FB last year in that Jon Collum role.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Big Five-0-
Is this the year we finally see Carson Wright all year? That kid has had a dark cloud of injuries follow him for his entire career. Imo, healthy, he would have been the best player on the last two teams pikeville has had.
Kid is a freak
(06-17-2022, 01:41 PM)Spud6 Wrote: This team I terrifying if you look at every spot but arguably your most important, QB, is really the only spot where you start to second guess. But last year Pikeville proved they could give the ball to Birchfield 25 times a game and win a state championship. So the QB spot may be a mute point when you look at Carson being 100% hopefully and then the kid they played at FB last year in that Jon Collum role.
#35 Brenden Anthony will be a beast this year at the FB spot and Lb on the D side of the ball. He will play a big part in getting g Pikeville back to Kroger field. He will be a soph. this season, but he plays up more like an upper classman.
Yeah Five O, I completely agree with you on Anthony.
So we know about the Sayers boys, and Perez but who steps up on the OL this year? I think the loss of Landon and what he brought to the table on both sides of the ball is almost as highly of a loss as Mcnamee. But a few names I’d throw out for OL is Riley Thompson, Jackson Wilkerson, and Jay Mcnamee. Riley has a great motor and very athletic. Jackson Wilkerson filled in nicely last year at Wheelersburg when Landon had to sit. And Jay got plenty of meaningful reps last year. All 3 of those kids have to take huge steps forward this year. Also at a single A school sometimes other kids who may not want to hop down on that OLine, just have to for the betterment of the team. Last year a kid like Josh Taylor would’ve played LB for most teams but for the TEAM he jumped down to that DL and was huge for us there in some big playoff games. I personally would like to see maybe Ray and Derossett hop down to that OL for some depth. Both very athletic and physical kids and could really excel there. There’s a few younger kids that may step into some of those roles too like Deskins and maybe the Fresh Ferguson. I could be leaving out a couple too.
(06-18-2022, 09:33 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: Yeah Five O, I completely agree with you on Anthony.
So we know about the Sayers boys, and Perez but who steps up  on the OL this year? I think the loss of Landon and what he brought to the table on both sides of the ball is almost as highly of a loss as Mcnamee. But a few names I’d throw out for OL is Riley Thompson, Jackson Wilkerson, and Jay Mcnamee. Riley has a great motor and very athletic. Jackson Wilkerson filled in nicely last year at Wheelersburg when Landon had to sit. And Jay got plenty of meaningful reps last year. All 3 of those kids have to take huge steps forward this year. Also at a single A school sometimes other kids who may not want to hop down on that OLine, just have to for the betterment of the team. Last year a kid like Josh Taylor would’ve played LB for most teams but for the TEAM he jumped down to that DL and was huge for us there in some big playoff games. I personally would like to see maybe Ray and Derossett hop down to that OL for some depth. Both very athletic and physical kids and could really excel there. There’s a few younger kids that may step into some of those roles too like Deskins and maybe the Fresh Ferguson. I could be leaving out a couple too.
Yeah, imo your spot on with the personnel you mentioned. Heard a lot of good things about Riley Thompson. They tell me he works his butt off in practice. I think he will step up, plus Jay Mcnamee was impressive to watch with his size and technique. I think he'll be a starter. I don't know as much about Wilkerson as  the two previous mentioned. I look for Deskins to be the frontrunner at the center position. One things for sure, when you look at his Dad back in 87', you know he's got the pedigree. When you take a look at his physic, you see his Dad from 35 yrs. ago. Jmo.
(06-17-2022, 12:56 PM)VoR_58 Wrote:

I’ve been told the Boykins kid isn’t playing football and will stick with basketball only.

And yes I meant the best team only if they run the table, which I think is possible.
This would be shocking. He scored 4 points total the last 2 years at PC in 3 or 4 games. I hope your source is wrong. Seriously doubt he would start for Pikeville next year.
Does Birchfield have a shot at becoming Pikeville’s all time leading rusher?
(06-21-2022, 12:31 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote: Does Birchfield have a shot at becoming Pikeville’s all time leading rusher?
Jmo, but i think if he stays healthy, he has a good shot at it.
Who has the record?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL

He will get time in both sports because they will have some very lopsided wins and mop up minutes available. To many athletes in both sports at Pikeville for him to get major playing time in both sports.
(06-21-2022, 01:00 PM)Truewords Wrote:

He will get time in both sports because they will have some very lopsided wins and mop up minutes available. To many athletes in both sports at Pikeville for him to get major playing time in both sports.
Boykins 100% is Playing Football and is already in Camp with The Panthers. He will be The Starting QB. I have no doubt. Anyone who does have doubt really doesn't understand the type of Player his.
(06-21-2022, 01:37 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Boykins 100% is Playing Football and is already in Camp with The Panthers. He will be The Starting QB. I have no doubt. Anyone who does have doubt really doesn't understand the type of Player he is.
(06-21-2022, 01:37 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Boykins 100% is Playing Football and is already in Camp with The Panthers. He will be The Starting QB. I have no doubt. Anyone who does have doubt really doesn't understand the type of Player his.
I want some of what your smoking. Nothing against this young man but he stepped into a team that is loaded and not really a place for him to push out someone already established there
(06-21-2022, 02:23 PM)Truewords Wrote:
(06-21-2022, 01:37 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote: Boykins 100% is Playing Football and is already in Camp with The Panthers. He will be The Starting QB. I have no doubt. Anyone who does have doubt really doesn't understand the type of Player his.
I want some of what your smoking. Nothing against this young man but he stepped into a team that is loaded and not really a place for him to push out someone already established there
So you don't think a 2 Year Starting Uber Athletic QB Transfers to Pikeville will start at QB when the it's the rosters weakest position is QB with an unproven QB on the roster. ? ? ?  Good take ?
(06-21-2022, 03:17 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote:
(06-21-2022, 02:23 PM)Truewords Wrote:
So you don't think a 2 Year Starting Uber Athletic QB Transfers to Pikeville will start at QB when the it's the rosters weakest position is QB with an unproven QB on the roster. ? ? ?  Good take ?
Pike Central is no way comparable to Pikeville program. Kid is good athlete but I don’t think he will be the starting QB. Duty kid or Sam Wright will be. Spot not totally unproven Duty got some good reps in some games last year. Plus all they need is someone to hand ball to several backs they have.
You think Garbage Mins with a Running clock are good reps lol. Boykins will take Pikevilles Offense to the next level with his ability to roll out or tuck it and run. End of Story.
(06-21-2022, 04:10 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote: You think Garbage Mins with a Running clock are good reps lol. Boykins will take Pikevilles Offense to the next level with his ability to roll out or tuck it and run. End of Story.
He was best athlete pike central had still not their best player. Will not be in top 5 or more athletes at Pikeville or in top 10 players. He will get some playing time but in no way will take them to the next level. They are the defending State Champs.
Few thoughts

No way can you assume Boykins will be starting QB
Threw for 4 TDS last year and averaged 23 yards passing against PC schedule that wasn’t 1/10 as strong as Pikeville’s. Rushed for 1200 or so. Pikeville had 6-8 players on their roster that could have done that, maybe more. And 2-3 freshmen coming in who could have. So hardly established in Pikeville’s league. Yes probably very athletic, but so are Duty and S Wright, 2 key players on Pikeville’s baseball All-A state championship team. So nothing is a given at all, and somebody needs to tap the brakes a little IMO
(06-21-2022, 04:32 PM)Truewords Wrote:
(06-21-2022, 04:10 PM)Fanatic42 Wrote: You think Garbage Mins with a Running clock are good reps lol. Boykins will take Pikevilles Offense to the next level with his ability to roll out or tuck it and run. End of Story.
He was best athlete pike central had still not their best player. Will not be in top 5 or more athletes at Pikeville or in top 10 players. He will get some playing time but in no way will take them to the next level. They are the defending H
He Will be The Starting QB. I can't wait to see what you have to say when the Summer is over and you hear the stories of how Dynamic Pikevilles Offense is with him running it. He is The Best QB on the Roster. See you after the Summer.
Way too early but my guess is he will be a Clay Tinsley type player they line up all over the field who will be extremely dangerous every time he touches the ball and will give defenses another player they have to worry about along with all the studs Pikeville has at the skill positions.

Way too early
All IMO
Do not consume without a grain of salt
Last thought is Pikeville staff will have all the pieces in the right spots so no worries lol