Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REVISION to KRS 156.070
From wbat i have been told its k-12. If little 2nd grade johnny plays a school sanctioned sport of any kind, if he does not have a legit change of address, he must sit out a year. For example, Raceland's 6th grade basketball team was made up of three 6th graders, four 5th graders, and five 4th graders. If any of the 4th and 5th graders decided to transfer after basketball season, they would have ti wait a full calendar year to be eligible at the new school. Thats how it was explained to me.

Thats a crock if thats legit. Shouldnt matter u til middle school at the earliest. And im with thise who think its all bogus. If a parent wants to drive god knows how long to take their kid to school somewhere, it should be there chiice to do so. As long as the school is not providing any financial assistance, transpirtation, etc, idk why it matters.
It looks like the new bylaw does apply to kids K-8 as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • GOREDDEVILS
Which is asinine.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, FootballFan1999
(06-21-2022, 11:06 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: It looks like the new bylaw does apply to kids K-8 as well.

Oh wow
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Thing that gets me is this is a LAW. Not a RULE by the KHSAA. So who enforces it? Crazy.
Good post Ramdad. Feel the same way as you. Our state and county are getting worse by the day. Be a communist country soon.
(06-21-2022, 08:35 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Everyone thinks about kids transferring in only one way. People think of “recruit” and going to a school where they can win a championship. Do people ever think how bad these type of rules hurts a kid that wants to leave a high level program where he or she won’t see playing time? Maybe they want to go to a average school where they can play some ball and make memories but the KHSSA wants to flex their mussels and take that away from kids. Boy…in a country of freedoms we sure do get told what we can and can’t do a lot
Nothing is being taken away from anyone, move, its that simple, just move.
Why should it matter? We adults find new jobs that better ourselves and we take it. No questions asked. The company we leave may suffer from it but it is our decision to better ourselves. Why can't it apply to kids in school as well. Shouldn't be the decision of non other than the parents and their child.
Need to not even use the term “school choice”
[-] The following 1 user Likes runthepill's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
Sometimes moving isn’t that easy plantman. Money signs flashing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
This goes into effect tomorrow.
Who is gonna run around and look up addresses on 12 year olds ?
(06-30-2022, 06:18 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Who is gonna run around and look up addresses on 12 year olds ?
I would think North Laurel would be checking. If I remember right they chased some South BB players a couple of years ago. Actually caught them I think. ??
There’s groups of men who will absolutely try and block transfers any way they can if they think it’ll hurt their school or child’s chances of winning a county tournament. Sad really.
(07-01-2022, 12:37 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: There’s groups of men who will absolutely try and block transfers any way they can if they think it’ll hurt their school or child’s chances of winning a county tournament. Sad really.

They are also groups of adults that will absolutely try and do everything they can to transfer a kid and not follow the rules of transfer, when they are very easy to follow and accomplish.

Lets not act like this is a one sided coin.
(06-30-2022, 06:18 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Who is gonna run around and look up addresses on 12 year olds ?
Ok let’s be honest, you can tell at about the 7th grade if a kid is legit or not in sports. Lineman for certain. There are kids at North Laurel, Corbin, Bell, Harlan co, Clay County, etc that are freaks in middle school. If a kid is 6’3 275 at 13/14 and play organized sports, they exist all over this state, then yes coaches will go beating on doors to get them in high school.