Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
7 on 7 eku
(07-23-2022, 09:44 PM)9Lives Wrote: How’d Breathitt do today?
Breathitt done good. Went 1-2 in pool play. Lost to male by a point and mad southern by a point. Beat Harlan county. Beat leslie and Shelby county and lost to pld in third round. All on all a good showing. Really satisfied as a fan and parent.
(07-24-2022, 02:05 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(07-24-2022, 11:31 AM)Fan of many Wrote: How did Whitley, North Laurel, Corbin, Clay, Knox, South Laurel do in the tournament

I think Clay and North went undefeated in pool play. Not for sure but I think that’s what I heard.

Did Whitley County participate? lol
(07-24-2022, 02:37 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(07-24-2022, 11:31 AM)Fan of many Wrote: How did Whitley, North Laurel, Corbin, Clay, Knox, South Laurel do in the tournament

I think Clay and North went undefeated in pool play. Not for sure but I think that’s what I heard.

oh yeah my home town Leslie County spank the Whitley.  Lol!!
Saint X played great Saturday vs a few JCPS schools, so I am told.
(07-24-2022, 12:06 PM)uUK1fan Wrote: Simon Kenton Lineman Junior Aba Selm got MVP of the linemen he is 6'4 295 pounds!
That’s who I was speaking of, an absolute monster. He has a bright future if he’s just a rising junior. Walt wells and the OL coach was drooling over him most of the day.
(07-23-2022, 10:18 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(07-23-2022, 10:04 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Congratulations Highlands!

Are the Bluebirds on their way back to the top?
"Are you serious, Clark?"  Highlands hasn't won anything for 7 years....they win a 7 on 7 tournament and now they are "Back?"  Not only haven't they won anything, they haven't been competitive for 7 years!  I hope they turn the ship around, but what are we doing here?  I still can't understand why every pre-season poll has them ranked high.....poor Troy Howell keeps ranking them where they should be and get's hammered by the "Fort Thomas Mafia!"  People outside of Fort Thomas need to wake up and realize the days of Highlands dominance is over.  Bob Sphire isn't a Miracle worker.  It would take him 5 years just to put a competitive team on the field based on the talent level at the school.  Kid's are not wanting to come to Highlands to play football like they did 10,20,30 years ago.  Every Highlands team that did something special had at least 3-4 studs from outside of the district.  The previous Superintendent from the mid 2010's, killed the program.  Refused to allow transfer student's and was not very accepting to athletics.  Just hope that the "Mafia" get's what they want with Sphire and his son.  Unfortunately, the feeling in the city is that this is just "Tom Duffy 2.0".  We all know how that turned out.
(07-24-2022, 04:23 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(07-24-2022, 02:37 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

oh yeah my home town Leslie County spank the Whitley.  Lol!!
You don't have a home town.
(07-24-2022, 09:12 PM)Here to help Wrote:
(07-23-2022, 10:18 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(07-23-2022, 10:04 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Congratulations Highlands!

Are the Bluebirds on their way back to the top?
"Are you serious, Clark?"  Highlands hasn't won anything for 7 years....they win a 7 on 7 tournament and now they are "Back?"  Not only haven't they won anything, they haven't been competitive for 7 years!  I hope they turn the ship around, but what are we doing here?  I still can't understand why every pre-season poll has them ranked high.....poor Troy Howell keeps ranking them where they should be and get's hammered by the "Fort Thomas Mafia!"  People outside of Fort Thomas need to wake up and realize the days of Highlands dominance is over.  Bob Sphire isn't a Miracle worker.  It would take him 5 years just to put a competitive team on the field based on the talent level at the school.  Kid's are not wanting to come to Highlands to play football like they did 10,20,30 years ago.  Every Highlands team that did something special had at least 3-4 studs from outside of the district.  The previous Superintendent from the mid 2010's, killed the program.  Refused to allow transfer student's and was not very accepting to athletics.  Just hope that the "Mafia" get's what they want with Sphire and his son.  Unfortunately, the feeling in the city is that this is just "Tom Duffy 2.0".  We all know how that turned out.

You're definitely more serious than I am if you melt down after one question. This is gonna be fun.
(07-24-2022, 08:48 PM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote:
(07-24-2022, 12:06 PM)uUK1fan Wrote: Simon Kenton Lineman Junior Aba Selm got MVP of the linemen he is 6'4 295 pounds!
That’s who I was speaking of, an absolute monster. He has a bright future if he’s just a rising junior. Walt wells and the OL coach was drooling over him most of the day.

EKU offered him in May.
Highlands may not be back to the level of dominance we all have witnessed no matter what your age is, however, them winning this 7v7 shows they at least have the athletes to win at a high level.

Trust me, it is very easy to dislike Highlands and their fan base, but I will at least give the kids and coaching staff credit for improving.
How did Raceland do in the 7v7 passing?
They made it to the final 8 or 9 teams
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • Big Five-0-
To have such a huge field of teams and so many atheletes, I felt like Raceland and Pikeville more than hwld their own. I look for those two to have as much tallent amd atheletes as anyone in 1-3A. I also heard some really good things about their lineman. Those two seem to be on a collision course. I still say Hazard has a say though. Its going to be a fun year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • Patriot1
(07-25-2022, 05:53 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: To have such a huge field of teams and so many atheletes, I felt like Raceland and Pikeville more than hwld their own. I look for those two to have as much tallent amd atheletes as anyone in 1-3A. I also heard some really good things about their lineman. Those two seem to be on a collision course. I still say Hazard has a say though. Its going to be a fun year.
Seeing the entire lineman challenge, raceland was very impressive with some really good Dlineman. Pikeville did fairly well but if i had to rank the two right now from the EKU showing i would put raceland ahead. However when the pads come on that may change quickly.
Did any of you see Colonel Parker play?