Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region discussion
Remember, this is all my opinion and nothing scientific lol. Let’s hear everyone else’s opinion. 

Who will win their districts? This is who I have coming out of their districts and moving on to the Regional Tournament. 

57th District 
1) Paintsville 
2) Johnson Central 

58th District 
1) Lawrence County 
2) Prestonsburg 

59th District 
1) Pikeville 
2) Shelby Valley 

60th District 
1) Belfry 
2) Pike County Central. 

The 15th Region Tournament should be a great tournament with alot of talent. Maybe the most baseball talent as a whole to ever come out of the 15th. 

15th Region rankings. 

1) Lawrence County: IMO they have the best 2 arms in the Region and 3 more that can beat anyone else on any given night. Blevins and Patton are throwing lights out right now. In their last 4 starts against great competition East Carter (probably the best team in the 16th) , Spring Valley (20-8), Jackson OH (18-3 #4 ranked 2A team in OH, and Wheelersburg OH (17-5 #7 ranked 2A team in OH) they have given up only 4 hits, 2 unearned runs, 45Ks, and only 5BBs on 27innings pitched. Not to mention B Fletcher hasn’t given up a run on the mound since mid March. 

Lawrence Countys offense is producing hits and runs had a great clip against really good competition. 4 kids hitting over .400 and 1 of those over .500. LC lineup has shown some power this year with 16HR so far. 

2) Pikeville: they have a great pitching staff with 3 studs that can shut anyone down. Clark, Thompson, and Duty are all studs on the mound. They showed in their All A run they can beat anyone on the state. 

Pikevilles offense has been better than predicted this year. They have a lot of kids that stay on the baseball and put the ball in play. 

3) Painstville: has a host of guys and can throw it. Form Taylor, Fugate, Miller, Collins and Ratliff. All capable of beating anyone. Their biggest question will be can they stay healthy. 

Painstville has a ton of offense. They have hit over 28HR this year but also struck out 217 times. They are a free swinging team. Anyone in their lineup can hit it out of the park. 

4) Belfry: Deskins and Hall lead their pitching staff but they have a few kids Adkins, Banks, Brown, and Varney who can beat you. 

Offensively the Banks twins, Deskins, Stanley, Varney, and Jude can square the ball up and hurt you. 

5) Prestonsburg: solid team with good kids 
6) Johnson Central: don’t pay attention to they record. They have talent and can beat anyone. 
7) Shelby Valley: don’t know anything about them 
8) Pike County Central: see SV 
9) Magoffin County: I put MC hear because if their throwing Litteral they can beat anyone. 
10) Martin County 
11) Floyd Central 
12) East Ridge 
13) Phelps 
14) Betsy Layne 
15) Jenkins

The top 4 are a notch above the other teams IMO. When region gets here which ever one of their 4 are playing the best that week will win the region. Plus one will get a better draw than the other 2. I think It’ll be a fun tourney.
Good analysis
Pikeville ranked 15th in the state now
Never count them out
If they had Lakin they would be 25-3 instead of 20-8
I’m cool with FFC rankings
Couldn’t be surprised by anyone in the group of 5 winning the region. In the spirit of the Derby, LC would be the favorite but I’m sure many people would take the field vs them.

The regional draw will play a major factor. Look at last year, JC got hot and beat Paintsville in the district finals and stayed hot with an amazing draw to boot.
I’m just glad this year off all years I’m a 5 minute drive away because there are going to be some extremely good ball games in the regional tourney.
Where is the 15th region tournament this season?
(05-07-2022, 08:16 AM)2000PHS Wrote: Couldn’t be surprised by anyone in the group of 5 winning the region. In the spirit of the Derby, LC would be the favorite but I’m sure many people would take the field vs them.

The regional draw will play a major factor. Look at last year, JC got hot and beat Paintsville in the district finals and stayed hot with an amazing draw to boot.
If Blevins and Patton keep throwing it like they have I’ll take Lawrence County over the field all day every day. If they falter a little bit the region becomes a pickem between 4/5 schools IMO. 

Over their last 28 innings Blevins and Patton have thrown 4 straight shut outs. 28IP, 6H, 45Ks, 4BBs and 0ER. The competition has been pretty stout as well. East Carter (17-4), Spring Valley WV (18-7), Jackson OH (16-2), Wheelersburg OH (16-5). They seem to be hitting their stride at about the right time.
(05-08-2022, 01:07 PM)Humpty Dumpty Wrote: Where is the 15th region tournament this season?

Belfry
That's gonna be a heck of a haul for the Bulldogs to make to Belfry for a region tournament, but they should be in the 16th Region still.

Having said that I believe the 15th is Lawrence County's to win or lose this season but Paintsville and Pikeville are not far behind the Bulldogs this season and you can never count Johnson Central out on the diamond. Since it's being held at Belfry you gotta think they have a chance also.
(05-08-2022, 02:27 PM)fewfirstchoice Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 08:16 AM)2000PHS Wrote: Couldn’t be surprised by anyone in the group of 5 winning the region. In the spirit of the Derby, LC would be the favorite but I’m sure many people would take the field vs them.

If Blevins and Patton keep throwing it like they have I’ll take Lawrence County over the field all day every day. If they falter a little bit the region becomes a pickem between 4/5 schools IMO. 

Over their last 28 innings Blevins and Patton have thrown 4 straight shut outs. 28IP, 6H, 45Ks, 4BBs and 0ER. The competition has been pretty stout as well. East Carter (17-4), Spring Valley WV (18-7), Jackson OH (16-2), Wheelersburg OH (16-5). They seem to be hitting their stride at about the right time.
I put shutout innings which is wrong. It should’ve read zero earned runs. They have allowed 2 unearned runs over those 28 innings. My bad
(05-09-2022, 08:22 AM)fewfirstchoice Wrote:

I put shutout innings which is wrong. It should’ve read zero earned runs. They have allowed 2 unearned runs over those 28 innings. My bad
How dare you! Haha 
Going to be a fun tournament.

I heard this same sh!t last year. 4 or 5 teams could win the 15th and nobody would be surprised...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • 2000PHS
(05-09-2022, 10:48 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

I heard this same sh!t last year. 4 or 5 teams could win the 15th and nobody would be surprised...
15th has 4 teams that could win it all. I hate to vote against Johnson Central but they are in 5th spot. Any of the 4 teams have a bad inning or 2 and their season is over. I will seed as follows. 1. Lawrence 2. Paintsville. 3. Pikeville 4. Belfry. Pikeville would have been #2 but with recent losses to Paintsville and Letcher Central.
^^^8th grader pitched against Letcher. Pikeville will be ready. 15th wide open.
(05-09-2022, 11:44 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^8th grader pitched against Letcher. Pikeville will be ready. 15th wide open.
We pitched an 8 grader against letcher and won...by mercy.....wink wink lol
(05-10-2022, 12:22 AM)irishcard16 Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 11:44 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^8th grader pitched against Letcher. Pikeville will be ready. 15th wide open.
Well and good, we beat Glasgow who beat top 5 Owensboro Catholic to win their region then Lyon who then beat #1 St. X and beat Beechwood #5 to win a state championship wink wink
Nothing but respect IC 16
Clark came in in 3rd inning if not mistaken. Pikeville is outstanding team. Ryan not normal 8th grader he would not be a starting varsity pitcher if he was. Let’s give credit to Letcher Central who played great and not blame one player
[-] The following 1 user Likes Truewords's post:
  • jetpilot
(05-10-2022, 12:27 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
Well and good, we beat Glasgow who beat top 5 Owensboro Catholic to win their region then Lyon who then beat #1 St. X and beat Beechwood #5 to win a state championship wink wink
I know I had to get my jab in while a could. You all don’t leave the door open very often lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes irishcard16's post:
  • jetpilot
^^^Going to be a great tourney at Belfry in a couple weeks.
i just cant get over the fact that the 59th district tournament is being held at Jenkins. I am not knocking the school, ball players , or fans but that field is not suitable for a tournament as of now. Not only are the field conditions not safe but their facilities are lacking also.
(05-10-2022, 09:45 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Going to be a great tourney at Belfry in a couple weeks.
Yes it should be. Can’t wait to see how the draw goes.
8th grader Ryan went 3inn giving 3 runs while Clark went 3inn giving up 2 runs. Regardless Pikeville will be ready come tournament time. Pikeville is a great team with a great coach and will be a hard out for anyone. 

Still IMO if Blevins and Patton keep throwing like they have been Lawrence County is the favorite over the field. If your opinion differs great. That’s why these messages boards exists.
Ryan is a very good pitcher. Not just a thrower.

Tons of 8th grade talent in the region, some of who are getting valuable experience on high pressure games this year.

Paintsville
Belfry
Pikeville
Lawrence
Johnson

All4 have a ton in the 7/8th grade.
Paintsville 5 Pikeville 0 tonight
I think Paintsville wins the 15th again
Please God let me be wrong lol
Paintsville playing with intensity and they’re really good

Damn lol
(05-10-2022, 10:58 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Paintsville 5 Pikeville 0 tonight

Damn lol
JP our 8 grader beat JC tonight lol 

had to give you a hard time. It’s what I live for.
[-] The following 1 user Likes irishcard16's post:
  • jetpilot
(05-10-2022, 11:36 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:

Damn lol

Haha but what you don't understand is I love Belfry beating the Johnson Co. boys. Great tourney coming up. Paintsville acted like they won the state championship at Pikeville tonight lol. I am seeing a Paintsville vs Lawrence final in the 15th, please tell me I'm wrong.
(05-10-2022, 11:59 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(05-10-2022, 11:36 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:

Damn lol

Haha but what you don't understand is I love Belfry beating the Johnson Co. boys. Great tourney coming up. Paintsville acted like they won the state championship at Pikeville tonight lol. I am seeing a Paintsville vs Lawrence final in the 15th, please tell me I'm wrong.
It’s going to be wild especially if a few upsets happen in district! 
Litteral for magoffin is most likely going to face JC in district semi finals, he just no hit them. So what district champ wants face him in the first round? Pburg and valley have both at times played well against the top 4 in the region. Potential for chaos is there. But odds on favorites just based on overall team talent and potential are probably paintsville and LC.

Damn lol
Stop it. haha 

Regional draw is so important it can’t be overstated.
Going into the post season teams have to be ranked this way.

1) Lawrence County: the best offense and pitching in the region IMO. They gave up the least amount of runs this year of any team in the region and scored the 2nd most runs second only to Belfry while playing a much tougher schedule.

Painstville, Pikeville, and Belfry all lumped into the 2,3,4 teams. Just not sure which teams go where.

5) Prestonsburg
6)Shelby Valley
7) Johnson Central
8) Pike County Central

Then lumped the rest together.

Should be a exciting regional tournament but if Lawrence County keeps playing like they have the last 10 games I’m taking them over the field. But saying that these are kids playing and anything is possible. That’s why they play the games.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!