•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Is Dakota Patterson going to Boyle County?
(05-18-2022, 10:11 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Good reading keep it up, all of the top schools in state have transfers that’s one of the reasons they stay on top regardless of the class they’re in, but some fans just don’t like to admit that it happens those homers like to say all their players are home grown I’m a diehard Boyle fan and if there are any other D-1 prospects out there that wants to play for Boyle bring ‘em on I’ll be happy to root for them on Friday nights wearing the Black and Vegas Gold of Boyle County!!!

Pretty spot on Jack, while imo to many parents today are obsessed with wanting their kids to get sports scholarships, kids with legitimate chances at playing at a higher level want to play for programs / coaches who are gonna develop them and get them ready for the next level.  College coaches know these programs / coaches and it’s why they produce more college talent….
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Jack Lambert
Dawson moved in the Boyle District in 6th grade, he's never went to a Boyle County School until last year. His dad went away a few years and came back and made the decision to move him to Boyle County because he felt Sage wasn't getting coached good. He wanted Sage to get coached by a QB, so moving to Boyle was a no brainer because Haddix was one of the best. I will say this Haddix better be careful about going to area schools such as basketball games trying to get kids to tranfer to Boyle County. I know for a fact he's tried to get the Qusinberry from Garrard to tranfer to Boyle County. How do I know for a fact, because Tavey is my nephew!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Footballfan33's post:
  • Playcaller66
(05-22-2022, 03:21 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Dawson moved in the Boyle District in 6th grade, he's never went to a Boyle County School until last year. His dad went away a few years and came back and made the decision to move him to Boyle County because he felt Sage wasn't getting coached good. He wanted Sage to get coached by a QB, so moving to Boyle was a no brainer because Haddix was one of the best. I will say this Haddix better be careful about going to area schools such as basketball games trying to get kids to tranfer to Boyle County. I know for a fact he's tried to get the Qusinberry from Garrard to tranfer to Boyle County. How do I know for a fact, because Tavey is my nephew!!!!!
Corbin has been recruiting for years. Half of  last years team was from surrounding counties. Heck Patterson isn’t originally from Corbin. This has been going on for years. Nothing new. If your a good player other schools will try to get you to transfer. It’s nothing to be mad about just means your nephew must be a good athlete.
(05-22-2022, 03:21 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Dawson moved in the Boyle District in 6th grade, he's never went to a Boyle County School until last year. His dad went away a few years and came back and made the decision to move him to Boyle County because he felt Sage wasn't getting coached good. He wanted Sage to get coached by a QB, so moving to Boyle was a no brainer because Haddix was one of the best. I will say this Haddix better be careful about going to area schools such as basketball games trying to get kids to tranfer to Boyle County. I know for a fact he's tried to get the Qusinberry from Garrard to tranfer to Boyle County. How do I know for a fact, because Tavey is my nephew!!!!!

I didn’t think coaches are allowed to recruit per KHSAA..
(05-17-2022, 09:54 PM)FCSPY Wrote:
(05-17-2022, 08:55 PM)RunninReb Wrote:
(05-17-2022, 05:08 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Back to Patterson, just an outsider looking in… Is Boyle losing its ability to say “Built by Boyle” about to be on its third year of qb play  from someone else’s program, and now it’s best offensive weapon an out of towner……

Well, I believe that Boyle can still claim the “BuiltByBoyle” hashtag. The QB Dawson actually lives in the Boyle district and always has lived in district even when he played for Danville. He will have played more years at Boyle than any other program. Boyle can’t tell kids not to move there. The success of the program speaks for itself. Kids want to play in successful programs and get developed for the next level. The hashtag just refers to the programs ability to develop kids to become great football players and young men. The amount of talent that has went on to play college football for a small county school is impressive.

If you say so, “assembled by Boyle”
Kind of like the western hills kid playing RB at Franklin County
(05-22-2022, 02:42 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote:

I didn’t think coaches are allowed to recruit per KHSAA..

They aren't but it has never stopped or even slowed down the recruiting coaches.  If you are well enough connected, the KHSAA will look the other way.
[-] The following 3 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!, Glory_Days, Playcaller66
It’s my understanding that Sage’s Dad has lived in Shelby Green which is located in Junction City in the Boyle school district for several years and Sage used his grandparents address to attend Danville!

(05-22-2022, 06:16 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: They aren't but it has never stopped or even slowed down the recruiting coaches.  If you are well enough connected, the KHSAA will look the other way.
This.
IMO... It's not always the coach recruiting but more that the parents of the player are wanting what they feel is best for their child.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Hatz
(05-22-2022, 07:31 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: IMO... It's not always the coach recruiting but more that the parents of the player are wanting what they feel is best for their child.
I usually agree with you, but it's not college. Play where you live.
Just my opinion. If a child is in a school that has been know for racism in the past and now. He may just feel uncomfortable and can't show his true ability in the classroom or on the field. This young man and his family made a decision to move. I has nothing to do with me,you or whoever else that doesn't like it. Just wish him luck and move on. Don't mean to step on anyone's toes just my opinion.
(05-22-2022, 06:21 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: It’s my understanding that Sage’s Dad has lived in Shelby Green which is located in Junction City in the Boyle school district for several years and Sage used his grandparents address to attend Danville!

Wish I had a dollar for every time I have heard this same " I know for a fact" over the years. The problem is that FB 33 doesn't know for a fact that any coach talked to his nephew. Since this was a BB game and Quisinberry. was playing, how a FB coach was even able to talk to him. Also if that is his nephew, he should be able to spell his name correctly.
[-] The following 2 users Like back country's post:
  • Jack Lambert, Rebel55
(05-23-2022, 02:04 AM)True pioneer Wrote: Just my opinion.  If a child is in a school that has been know for racism in the past and now. He may just feel uncomfortable and can't show his true ability in the classroom or on the field. This young man and his family made a decision to move. I has nothing to do with me,you or whoever else that doesn't like it. Just wish him luck and move on. Don't mean to step on anyone's toes just my opinion.

Sounds like a load of BS Smile
(05-23-2022, 01:29 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(05-22-2022, 07:31 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: IMO... It's not always the coach recruiting but more that the parents of the player are wanting what they feel is best for their child.
I can agree with that, but what if they now live in a different county?
(05-23-2022, 10:05 AM)back country Wrote:
(05-22-2022, 06:21 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: It’s my understanding that Sage’s Dad has lived in Shelby Green which is located in Junction City in the Boyle school district for several years and Sage used his grandparents address to attend Danville!

Wish I had a dollar for every time I have heard this same " I know for a fact" over the years. The problem is that FB 33 doesn't know for a fact that any coach talked to his nephew. Since this was a BB game and Quisinberry. was playing, how a FB coach was even able to talk to him. Also if that is his nephew, he should be able to spell his name correctly.
What's funny is you have both spelled it wrong LOL!
Everyone needs to stay in their own lane and keep out of family decisions, If dad, mom and child are happy then its nobody's business where they decide to go to school. My family decided that instead of being disgruntled parents sitting in the stands and cussing at the coach for 4 years or go some where and be happy. It worked out great for my family the oldest went to another school and became a 3 year starting qb and the winningest qb in that schools history and the first ever to make it to the state championship game. After a coaching change the youngest played closest to the house was a 3 year starting qb, and the winningest qb in that schools history, also played in a state championship game. I listened to this crap from people acting like they know what's best for someone else kid or the coach is always right and the parents don't know nothing is bulls!!!. In all 8 years of high school football 2 sons,2 different schools, 2 different coaching staffs no arguments, disagreements or drama with the coaches thank you coach Herron and coach Haddix.
[-] The following 6 users Like cherokee's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, DukeBoy, HighViz, Playcaller66, TD Hounds
(05-23-2022, 12:49 PM)HurryUp1001 Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 10:05 AM)back country Wrote:

What's funny is you have both spelled it wrong LOL!

Believe me, I know how to spell Quisenberry. Uncle was the one that used the i instead of the e.
[-] The following 1 user Likes back country's post:
  • HurryUp1001
(05-23-2022, 12:20 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 01:29 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
I can agree with that, but what if they now live in a different county?

If. We know kids parents usually don't move back and forth from Lexington to Paintsville and vice versa. How much NIL money are they receiving?lol
(05-23-2022, 01:14 PM)cherokee Wrote: Everyone needs to stay in their own lane and keep out of family decisions, If dad, mom and child are happy then its nobody's business where they decide to go to school. My family decided  that instead of  being  disgruntled parents sitting in the stands and cussing at the coach for 4 years or go some where and be happy. It worked out great for my family the oldest went to another school and became a 3 year starting qb and the winningest qb in that schools history and the first ever to make it to the state championship game. After a coaching change the youngest played closest to the house was a 3 year starting qb, and the winningest qb in that schools history, also played in a state championship game. I listened to this crap from people acting like they know what's best for someone else kid or the coach is always right and the parents don't know nothing is bulls!!!. In all 8 years of high school football 2 sons,2 different schools, 2 different coaching staffs no arguments, disagreements or drama with the coaches thank you coach Herron and coach Haddix.
Dang right cuz!!! Heck I moved in with coach Haddix on Thursday nights now. Lol!!
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!, Playcaller66
But what if the parents didn't move? Don't know why they would if he wasn't living at home while in corbin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Colonelfan72's post:
  • Bull got out!
Watched Johnson central lay a whopping in last year playoffs and didn't know Patterson or longtime was on the field. Great Johnson central defense

On corbin
(05-23-2022, 01:14 PM)cherokee Wrote: Everyone needs to stay in their own lane and keep out of family decisions, If dad, mom and child are happy then its nobody's business where they decide to go to school. My family decided  that instead of  being  disgruntled parents sitting in the stands and cussing at the coach for 4 years or go some where and be happy. It worked out great for my family the oldest went to another school and became a 3 year starting qb and the winningest qb in that schools history and the first ever to make it to the state championship game. After a coaching change the youngest played closest to the house was a 3 year starting qb, and the winningest qb in that schools history, also played in a state championship game. I listened to this crap from people acting like they know what's best for someone else kid or the coach is always right and the parents don't know nothing is bulls!!!. In all 8 years of high school football 2 sons,2 different schools, 2 different coaching staffs no arguments, disagreements or drama with the coaches thank you coach Herron and coach Haddix.

I’ve said it in the past and I’m not gonna be a hypocrite now because it effects my team…If a kid and his parents feel they would be happier at another school then it’s their business, kids only get one chance at this and for some getting it right is the difference in paying for college or even being able to attend.  Great times those 3 years your young man was leading the Hounds, not always the outcome we wanted but I can’t remember a game that I ever thought we couldn’t win….hope he’s doing well…
[-] The following 3 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Playcaller66
(05-23-2022, 10:35 PM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Watched Johnson central lay a whopping in last year playoffs and didn't know Patterson or longtime was on the field. Great Johnson central defense

On corbin

I watched it too. I thought Greer had a perfect game plan for the Johnson Central fans.
Everyone talks about the kids never getting the ball... but they also both, Patterson and Longmire played defense... never stood out there either. did other teams not ever go towards them too?
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • Bull got out!
(05-24-2022, 08:47 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Everyone talks about the kids  never getting the ball... but they also both, Patterson and Longmire played defense... never stood out there either. did other teams not ever go towards them too?
Patterson never played defense. Longmire had some highlights on defense I assume you never saw. Like any kid in the course of a year you will find Plays where he was asleep. But there were plays I saw as well that let you know what he was capable of. You would think the way you keep referring to Longmire as a not impressive defensive kid that Franklin would have exposed him when Corbin played?

Longmire won’t be on the field for Corbin this season. He will be missed.
gotcha, he has less than 20 tackles his junior year.. thats pretty low.
I’m sure the team stats wasn’t in his favor either.
(05-23-2022, 08:28 PM)64SUR Wrote:
Dang right cuz!!! Heck I moved in with coach Haddix on Thursday nights now. Lol!!
And other coaches on the other days of the week? lol
(05-23-2022, 10:35 PM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Watched Johnson central lay a whopping in last year playoffs and didn't know Patterson or longtime was on the field. Great Johnson central defense

On corbin

What was the Hawks defense doing while all this was happening?
(05-24-2022, 08:28 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

On corbin

I watched it too. I thought Greer had a perfect game plan for the Johnson Central fans.
A real guru
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next