Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland Getting Turf
I’ve always said that Raceland is a top notch school district with great teachers and coaches. It’s a fine place that allows your student or student athlete to excel. Kids really don’t understand how lucky they are to be able to attend Raceland until they get older and realize how bad some kids in other communities have it. The sports are just a bonus. The facilities have come a long long way. Raceland even has a great baseball gym. Maybe one day we will have a great basketball program worthy of the gym they play in. It’s definitely a great time to be a Ram
Hope I get to travel in and see my Rams play a semifinal game on the new carpet
PRI should play into Racelands favor. Homefield advantage is huge for Raceland vs Pikeville
(06-19-2022, 02:14 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I’ve always said that Raceland is a top notch school district with great teachers and coaches. It’s a fine place that allows your student or student athlete to excel. Kids really don’t understand how lucky they are to be able to attend Raceland until they get older and realize how bad some kids in other communities have it. The sports are just a bonus. The facilities have come a long long way. Raceland even has a great baseball gym. Maybe one day we will have a great basketball program worthy of the gym they play in. It’s definitely a great time to be a Ram

You are 100% correct! Raceland is the epitome of a great small school program and school in the Bluegrass. Love to see the Rams have success, they do a great job year in and year out.
Drive by the field this morning. Looks like most of the gravel is spread and leveled. It’s getting tight….idk if the turf will be in before camp or not at this point. Anybody have any news ?
Will it be done by week 1?
Last I heard is week 1 it will be completely. They were hoping for camp, but 2 days after they atarted we got 2 weeks of rain.
I’m down 23 it looks like Greenup may have more problems then Raceland. They tore down their bleachers a month ago and there isn’t any process in sight. Anybody got the scoop on that mess?
I noticed that yesterday. No bleachers...not any sign of work being done. Sheesh.
Anybody have pics of what the field will look like?
I was told this week turf will be ready for Wheelersburg scrimmage . Maybe week of the 5th just depends on when the carpet actually arrives on campus . Takes about a week to put it down .
Turf should be here end of July 1st of August

https://share.icloud.com/photos/07cXIXWN...ii0MiXySaw
Raceland has officially started a wrestling program. Will begin at the 9th grade level and involve the middle achool in the coming years as the HC gets his staff in place. In other sporting news, Raceland also started a Bass fishing team! Big things happening in Ramland!
(07-18-2022, 10:38 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Raceland has officially started a wrestling program. Will begin at the 9th grade level and involve the middle achool in the coming years as the HC gets his staff in place. In other sporting news, Raceland also started a Bass fishing team! Big things happening in Ramland!
How do I get the bass fishing job ??
No doubt!!! Right?!
Turf should be delivered Thursday or Friday this week.
Come a long way from the rock garden ring if death we played on lol
Maybe we can throw some rocks glass and old nails into the turf to make the players really feel at home
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • 2000PHS
Sounds like itd build character RAD!!!
Wonder when the baseball field will get turf? I personally hate turf baseball fields but I have a sneaky feeling the baseball field won’t be fare behind
(07-18-2022, 10:38 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Raceland has officially started a wrestling program. Will begin at the 9th grade level and involve the middle achool in the coming years as the HC gets his staff in place. In other sporting news, Raceland also started a Bass fishing team! Big things happening in Ramland!

I’d say James Collier who took a job at Raceland for this school year is behind the bass team. James coached Greenup County’s team and I think Started their program.
Still no rug in Ramland! If they plan on playing in two weeks things better start happening soon
Still no carpet in Ramland! Will the Rams even get to play their opening game at home or be forced to travel to Assland?
I saw where Raceland’s Carpet Arrived On 8/6.
Arrived yesterday morning and they began installation immediately. Went by yesterday and looks like they have laid from 30 to thirty or maybey 40 to 40. Cant wait to see the finished product.
(08-07-2022, 06:58 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Arrived yesterday morning and they began installation immediately. Went by yesterday and looks like they have laid from 30 to thirty or maybey 40 to 40. Cant wait to see the finished product.

I'm excited to see the new field and I'm not even a Raceland homer, just an area football fan.  Great news for Raceland as they elevate their status challenging to be the elite football program in the 16th region.  Now they just need a state title banner hanging at Ram Stadium to cement that position.
Nice….if they have that much down already then they should be able to scrimmage at home next week. Hopefully everything goes good and it goes down fast
(08-07-2022, 08:43 AM)16thregioner Wrote:
(08-07-2022, 06:58 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Arrived yesterday morning and they began installation immediately. Went by yesterday and looks like they have laid from 30 to thirty or maybey 40 to 40. Cant wait to see the finished product.

I'm excited to see the new field and I'm not even a Raceland homer, just an area football fan.  Great news for Raceland as they elevate their status challenging to be the elite football program in the 16th region.  Now they just need a state title banner hanging at Ram Stadium to cement that position.

3 state titles as Russell and Ashland both have 2. You can't claim to be king or even elite unless you have the most titles imo.
The key word was "challenging" to be the elite team in the 17th region. No one claiming Raceland is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • 16thregioner
(08-07-2022, 03:21 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: The key word was "challenging" to be the elite team in the 17th region. No one claiming Raceland is.

When Raceland gets 2 titles then they will be challenging.