Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland Getting Turf
(08-07-2022, 03:21 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: The key word was "challenging" to be the elite team in the 17th region. No one claiming Raceland is.

Exactly.  Russell and Ashland have both had their moments in the spotlight through the years and do traditionally stand atop the 16th region football mountain.  Russell couldn’t keep their program momentum going through the late 2000’s after their 2005 title, though.  Ashland looks like they are going to have a tough time keeping it going after their 2020 title.

Raceland has always had an appeal being a small school that has always produced competitive football teams.  I’ve always respected the way they have the support of their community, too.  The northern Kentucky schools stood in their way for many years.  Fairview and the McPeeks stood in their way for a few years.  Pikeville is the latest obstacle for Raceland to get over the hump.  While it’s true that the Rams only have themselves to blame with a couple of bad home playoff losses to LCA and Williamsburg through the years, Raceland has kept on keeping on in their effort to build towards a state title.

That brings us to this season.  Raceland has a real chance to beat both Ashland and Russell for the first time since 2008, incidentally the year of the bad playoff loss to LCA.  Raceland returns their whole team and has a few classes set up for success.  Doing so on their new turf field only amps up the possibilities even more for the program.  Like I said, it seems it’s now or never for the Rams.  Momentum is on their side.  I hope they take the challenge and make it happen.
Went by the field. They have the north endzone all the way to the south 15 or so, yard line laid. Lopks great so far and they havent even gotten the numbers, letters, and decals laid yet. They took forever to deliver but their install progress has been impressive.

The above video shows them making the turf and loading for delivery.
Posted by a red devil haha I love it! Thanks for posting that video….I love stuff like that. I’ll watch those how it’s made shows on tv. It drives my kids crazy hahah
So has the Wheelersburg scrimmage officially been moved to Wheelersbug yet ??
(08-10-2022, 11:22 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: So has the Wheelersburg scrimmage officially been moved to Wheelersbug yet ??

I’ve seen most of the turf down at Raceland with no yard markers and decals on the field.  How long do you have to wait before playing on a newly installed field?  I know nothing about the installation of a turf field.
Everything i have read about artifical grass/turf says to let it rest for atleast 24 hours before walking on it. At this point, the actual playing surface has been laid for over that amount. So i would assume, as long as everything is installed by Friday, week 1 can be played without worry. Question is, will it be ready for Wheelersburg? Im not so sure about that. It can always be moved to the JFL field, but last night at meet the rams it was so crowded you couldnt hardly park, walk, or see. So i would say it will be moved to their place.
Either way, we have 2 days before the rubber begins meeting the road!!!
(08-10-2022, 01:23 PM)16thregioner Wrote:
(08-10-2022, 11:22 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: So has the Wheelersburg scrimmage officially been moved to Wheelersbug yet ??

I’ve seen most of the turf down at Raceland with no yard markers and decals on the field.  How long do you have to wait before playing on a newly installed field?  I know nothing about the installation of a turf field.
All the numbers and letter have to be cut in. We definitely aren’t playing this Friday and from what I understand we will miss the first game with Assland at home. I believe a alternate site is being sought after
I just drove past. It looks like all the numbers and yard markers are down. All that would be left are midfield and end zone logos. Surely they’ll play the opener there.
(08-10-2022, 07:47 PM)16thregioner Wrote: I just drove past.  It looks like all the numbers and yard markers are down.  All that would be left are midfield and end zone logos.  Surely they’ll play the opener there.
I hope so. I believe they want at least four days of nobody on it when they are done. I seen that on a video I watched about turf. I’m hoping everything goes well and the boys get to open at home
I will really be suprised if they dont get it done in time for the Ashland game. Everytime i think its not possible, I go by and see that they are way ahead of where I expected them to be. They got the yard markers in and looked like the east side of the field hashes in. So going by that, i expect to see the other hashes, decal, and maybe some endzone work completed by the end of the day tomorrow.
The numbers and hashes are not in the field yet. They are just laying on it. Still have to be cut and glued in. Ashland most likely will be at Putnam stadium.
Gotcha. All my view was from the highway.
@ Wheelersburg Friday @ 7 PM.
(08-11-2022, 12:04 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: The numbers and hashes are not in the field yet. They are just laying on it. Still have to be cut and glued in. Ashland most likely will be at Putnam stadium.

What a failure.  I guess Joe Biden’s supply chain problems have trickled down to even small town high school football.
(08-11-2022, 12:24 PM)16thregioner Wrote:
(08-11-2022, 12:04 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: The numbers and hashes are not in the field yet. They are just laying on it. Still have to be cut and glued in. Ashland most likely will be at Putnam stadium.

What a failure.  I guess Joe Biden’s supply chain problems have trickled down to even small town high school football.
As much as I would like to blame it on Biden this is true hahah. A lot of schools are installing turf this year. The factors the make it are swamped.       

As far as the Assland game goes I heard a rumer it could be played at KCC because of money issues. Any of you inside guys want to set me straight ?
If Raceland hasn’t got their field ready for the Ashland game, it should just go to Ashland as a home game for them.

Making people drive to Grayson for the first game doesn’t seem like a great solution. That sounds like something Greenup would do.
(08-11-2022, 01:26 PM)16thregioner Wrote: If Raceland hasn’t got their field ready for the Ashland game, it should just go to Ashland as a home game for them.

Making people drive to Grayson for the first game doesn’t seem like a great solution.  That sounds like something Greenup would do.
Not when you’re supposed to be the home team and Assland doesn’t wanna give you the right amount of the gate.But all this is hypothetical and it’s just for conversation
KCU is out anyway. Greenup and Fleming have been moved there. Bottom line is the turf looks great and will eventually get done.
(08-11-2022, 10:08 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: KCU is out anyway. Greenup and Fleming have been moved there. Bottom line is the turf looks great and will eventually get done.
I’m sure it will be done by the Russell game. Talk about issues….when will Lawrence Co finally get to have a home game ?
Ashland game will played at Wheelersburg on a Saturday at 7:30
(08-12-2022, 02:28 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Ashland game will played at Wheelersburg on a Saturday at 7:30

It must take a long time to put those numbers in because the field looks good to me.  I hate it for the community that they couldn’t get it done in time. 

Strange to pick Wheelersburg rather than Ashland, especially since Raceland was used to coming to Putnam every year.  Must have been some real dispute between the 2 administrations to move it to an Ohio school on a Saturday of all things.
(08-12-2022, 03:15 PM)16thregioner Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 02:28 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Ashland game will played at Wheelersburg on a Saturday at 7:30

It must take a long time to put those numbers in because the field looks good to me.  I hate it for the community that they couldn’t get it done in time. 

Strange to pick Wheelersburg rather than Ashland, especially since Raceland was used to coming to Putnam every year.  Must have been some real dispute between the 2 administrations to move it to an Ohio school on a Saturday of all things.
It does take a long time to for the number and letters and hash marks. They actually have to cut the turf and glue them in place. As far as the Assland game….Assland doesn’t wanna give Raceland what they are asking for when it comes to the gate. I do t blame Raceland at all. I wish they would kill this series with Assland and find another opening game.
Just drove by the field and there is still a lot of work to be done. I’m wondering if it will be done for the Russell game. Man….I would hate to miss being able to open up the stadium against Russell!
(08-15-2022, 07:10 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Just drove by the field and there is still a lot of work to be done. I’m wondering if it will be done for the Russell game. Man….I would hate to miss being able to open up the stadium against Russell!

Surely they’ll get it together before the Russell game.  It was disappointing enough not opening the season there.  Missing home games against their two biggest competitive local rivals would be unacceptable.
(08-15-2022, 07:30 PM)16thregioner Wrote:
(08-15-2022, 07:10 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Just drove by the field and there is still a lot of work to be done. I’m wondering if it will be done for the Russell game. Man….I would hate to miss being able to open up the stadium against Russell!

Surely they’ll get it together before the Russell game.  It was disappointing enough not opening the season there.  Missing home games against their two biggest competitive local rivals would be unacceptable.
There is still a lot to do and I’ve been told after everything is done and the bb’s are down they don’t want anyone on it for 4 days. Idk…it’s not looking promising
(08-15-2022, 07:37 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:

There is still a lot to do and I’ve been told after everything is done and the bb’s are down they don’t want anyone on it for 4 days. Idk…it’s not looking promising

What's the delay?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(08-15-2022, 07:43 PM)Jarons Wrote:
(08-15-2022, 07:37 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:

What's the delay?
Man power ??? It takes a lot of time to cut everything in.
Everything as far as numbers and hashes are in. The other endzone logo should be here Wednesday or Thursday. They will be putting sand and the black rubber on it in the coming days. The delay has been with the turf company not the installers. The install guys have busted their asses and have moved swiftly on the turf. The turf manufacturer was late getting the turf out and sent the wrong endzone logo. It happens. Ask Pikeville they got an entire load of new turf in and it was the wrong color. Now they have to wait until next year. The goal is to be practicing on it by next Monday.