Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Perry Co Central beat Letcher Co Central this season?
(05-24-2022, 09:54 AM)Rookieoftheyear Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 04:12 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Perry gonna have to find them a bigger more athletic QB if they gonna take McKenzies place at the table. 6’2-180 just don’t cut it.  Need 6’1-270 guy to make that O roll.
if we’re talking athleticism slone to me is far more athletic than McKenzie. His size is fine as long as his line holds their blocks. McKenzie to me was in the wrong position last year. He wasn’t mobile enough to get himself out of trouble when the pocket broke down and he didn’t have a very good arm. Wanted to hold on to the ball way to long at times then take a loss. 6’1-270 should’ve put him on the line instead of under center. Just my opinion.
It’ll be interesting
In places that were serious about football he would been on the Oline. Plain and Simple Fact. If they were gonna make him the primary weapon running the football last year, there were 3 or 4 other kids that would been much better candidates. Any them 4 could thrown a 5 year pass here and there like he did. Idk, strange.
(05-25-2022, 10:58 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: In places that were serious about football he would been on the Oline.    Plain and Simple Fact.  If they were gonna make him the primary weapon running the football last year, there were 3 or 4 other kids that would been much better candidates.  Any them 4 could thrown a 5 year pass here and there like he did.  Idk, strange.
That’s true I guess. But he did have a good year back there. Just hoping Perry can keep trending in right direction
He did have a good year but the others could probably done better running the football. Did they beat LCC, East Carter, or JC? Perry’s Oline averaged out about 275-300, who wouldn’t want to run behind them? Beat some subpar teams at best. All you hear down at PCC is the talk about Athletes by the coaches, well you’d think the QB would been the best Athlete on the team. Not like PCC had an Air Raid Offense.
(05-25-2022, 02:44 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: He did have a good year but the others could probably done better running the football.  Did they beat LCC, East Carter, or JC?  Perry’s Oline averaged out about 275-300, who wouldn’t want to run behind them?  Beat some subpar teams at best.  All you hear down at PCC is the talk about Athletes by the coaches, well you’d think the QB would been the best Athlete on the team.  Not like PCC had an Air Raid Offense.
I’ve said it a few times. Slone has to be the guy of this team is gonna be successful. I wish him the best of luck and hope he exceeds my expectations.  I know he has talent and put up numbers at Knott, but this is gonna be a whole different set of challenges for the kid.
Slone will be a more conventional style QB. Exactly what PCC needs.
(05-25-2022, 05:29 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Slone will be a more conventional style QB.  Exactly what PCC needs.
Depending on their strength of schedule I honestly feel like perry takes a step back this season. Their was some big time play makers for them that graduated. The transfers coming in may make up that difference but it’ll be tough when you played at knott and more than likely a weaker schedule and only managed 2 wins. I just don’t see it working out. Hope I’m wrong. I’d love to see someone get that program off the ground and make it something besides a basketball school. They’ve got one of the best facilities around and it would be nice to see them start making some playoff runs.
LCC will not be as deep as they where last season. I don’t know if any of the seniors are deciding to come back but 10 out of 13 can if they want including Carson Adams. Saying all the seniors are leaving Letcher won’t be as good
as last season but still can have a good season if coaches will play some kids both ways.LCC returns there whole offensive line which was great last season and should be one of the best olines in the mountains.Little should have a huge year this season. Unless Letcher takes a huge step back and Perry improves a lot I don’t see them beating LCC this year. LCC outscored Perry 89-19 in there 2 games last season. That’s a lot of ground to make up in 1 season.
Whose the Qb letcher is suppose to be getting? I seen a post from D&D. I dual sport from Florida but now the post has been removed. Who ya got up there new in whitesburg cougar fans?
(07-26-2022, 02:39 AM)Tailback44 Wrote: Whose the Qb letcher is suppose to be getting? I seen a post from D&D. I dual sport from Florida but now the post has been removed. Who ya got up there new in whitesburg cougar fans?

That's odd the post was taken down. I saw the post but forgot the name. It said he would also be playing basketball too. Maybe he decided to stay in Florida and D&D jumped the gun.
(07-26-2022, 02:39 AM)Tailback44 Wrote: Whose the Qb letcher is suppose to be getting? I seen a post from D&D. I dual sport from Florida but now the post has been removed. Who ya got up there new in whitesburg cougar fans?
Letcher’s new QB is a kid named Keyaunte Miller. He was the starter for 3A Walton high school in Florida last season. Don’t know a lot about but him but his team finished 9-2 last year. He is a big kid about 250lbs and that can run. This will allow them to keep little at WR which is big.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Running wild 14's post:
  • Tailback44
Sounds like a good one.
You can see him on Hudl. Finally someone went down to the sunshine state and got them an established Varsity level starter. Not a 3rd team JVer like most teams in the area get. The kid can play. Makes LCC 3 or 4 TDS better and possibly good enough to give Johnson Central a run.
(07-28-2022, 10:48 AM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: You can see him on Hudl.  Finally someone went down to the sunshine state and got them an established Varsity level starter.  Not a 3rd team JVer like most teams in the area get.  The kid can play.  Makes LCC 3 or 4 TDS better and possibly good enough to give Johnson Central a run.

Awesome!