Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Who will be Boyle's next big WR
Who steps up and becomes the next big time receiver for Boyle this year?
Seniors: Tarter,Alexander, Sims (Patterson out)
Juniors: Stewart, Bodner
Sophomore: Quisenberry, Brown, Smith
[-] The following 2 users Like rebels1984's post:
  • back country, Hatz
If Patterson had not been hurt it would probably have been him
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hatz's post:
  • Bull got out!
I think it is fair to say that the Rebel passing game will take on a different look this year. Their outstanding rushing game will be at the forefront. I think you will see more passes going to the slotback, tight end , running backs and maybe fewer to the WR's than in past years. It all has to do with your personnel and playing to your strengths.
[-] The following 1 user Likes back country's post:
  • BEChargers
(07-18-2022, 08:59 PM)back country Wrote: I think it is fair to say that the Rebel passing game will take on a different look this year. Their outstanding rushing game will be at the forefront. I think you will see more passes going to the slotback, tight end , running backs and maybe fewer to the WR's than in past years. It all has to do with your personnel and playing to your strengths.

This is spot on. The passing game will transition into a multi-threat running game led by Bodner.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • BEChargers
Take my words to the bank. Boyle will have a passing game this season
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!, Jack Lambert
Coach Haddix got them Rebels in a championship state of mind by building their confidence in his system, he's like EF Hutton when he speaks they listening and believe. With that confidence Boyle could have several unexpected kids at that position by the end of the year, their program is rock solid and their future is so bright they  Cool
[-] The following 2 users Like cherokee's post:
  • 64SUR, Jack Lambert
(07-19-2022, 11:35 AM)64SUR Wrote: Take my words to the bank.  Boyle will have a passing game this season

I believe you!

(07-19-2022, 01:49 PM)cherokee Wrote: Coach Haddix got them Rebels in a championship state of mind by building their confidence in his system, he's like EF Hutton when he speaks they listening and believe. With that confidence Boyle could have several unexpected kids at that position by the end of the year, their program is rock solid and their future is so bright they  Cool

I believe you too!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR
Tarter out with broken collarbone.
Sims and Quesenberry are showing signs of being very good.
(07-24-2022, 03:47 PM)rebels1984 Wrote: Tarter out with broken collarbone.
 That stinks. Is he a senior?
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamesclay's post:
  • rebels1984
Yes, Tarter is a senior.

(07-24-2022, 03:58 PM)jamesclay Wrote:
(07-24-2022, 03:47 PM)rebels1984 Wrote: Tarter out with broken collarbone.
 That stinks. Is he a senior?
Yes ,he's a senior.
Tarter is out 6-8 weeks. Qb play IMO will take a dip down. Gillis can't be replaced. Dawson will be a good game manager but the MVPs will be Qusinberry and Bodner.
Dawson doesn't need to be Gillis. I have faith that Haddix will adjust the offense in a way that will give Dawson a chance to succeed on a high level. He is not Gillis but he doesn't need to be Gillis. I think he will have a great year but it the offense will look different than it did last year. Boyle will be a very difficult out in November. Hope Tarter gets a chance to see the field later on in the season. Hate it for him. Great kid.
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • back country, Jack Lambert
(07-25-2022, 01:05 PM)BEChargers Wrote: Dawson doesn't need to be Gillis.  I have faith that Haddix will adjust the offense in a way that will give Dawson a chance to succeed on a high level.  He is not Gillis but he doesn't need to be Gillis.  I think he will have a great year but it the offense will look different than it did last year.  Boyle will be a very difficult out in November.  Hope Tarter gets a chance to see the field later on in the season.  Hate it for him.  Great kid.
Bodner will have a great year running behind this o-line for sure. That will take the pressure off Dawson to make big plays. The passing game will be there,as Qusinberry will be too quick for most Db's and Sims will be bigger than most. Both receivers have great hands as well. Expect big games from both.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rebels1984's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(07-24-2022, 09:15 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Tarter is out 6-8 weeks. Qb play IMO will take a dip down. Gillis can't be replaced. Dawson will be a good game manager but the MVPs will be Qusinberry and Bodner.
Don’t sleep on the Dawson kid. Him and Jaggers are 2 different QBs. Always remember speed kills. Haddix knows what he has at QB and will use his abilities to best suit the team. Dawson Bodner Quisenberry will be a 3 headed rushing monster. Dawson can also make the throws. Looking forward to a great year!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Just a fan 12's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Are Boyle and Danville going to play this season? I checked out Boyle's schedule and it doesn't show a Danville game, but it looks like it's incomplete as well.
(07-29-2022, 10:48 AM)jamesclay Wrote: Are Boyle and Danville going to play this season? I checked out Boyle's schedule and it doesn't show a Danville game, but it looks like it's incomplete as well.
Boyle and Danville are scheduled to play at Boyle in week 3