Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Breathitt County Football Greats
The recent bell county thread had me thinking about some of the breathitt bobcats greats. I know breathitt back in the day was a basketball school but they had a great run during the mid 90s and early 2000s.

QB.  Waylon chapman was the first great then followed by kyle Moore, Jacob hundley, Trent, sperry and Justin haddix

RB Danny back. Latt Hartman, Ricky Ritchie, Chris hollan, Channing Fugate, and ginny Collins

WR David Thomas, Matt sharp, Tim Barnett, and Phillip watts due to the big catches he made in his career. Take two catches out of his career and he prob don’t make the list

OL. Ricky brewer, rich Mccune, Eric Collins, fletcher, 

DB. David Thomas, george chapman, Jeremiah chapman, Brent lovely, 

DL. Dennis Cornett, Kenneth combs, Lester Thorpe, Ricky brewer, rich Mccune, 

LB. John Rader, randy Clemons, baker, 

I know I’ve missed a few. Can’t think of names rt now.
I dont go back too far or too deep.. but going to the late 90's to now...

Hard to argue with Waylon Chapman... but Haddix was a stud at QB that probably deserves his name right next to him. Kyle Moore didn't get the fate he deserved as QB. Those Breathitt teams were loaded with him at QB but they missed the title. Moore was probably the best pure natural talent... Chapman won the biggest games... and Haddix was the best competitor.

Jonathan Chapman was a superstar while he was at Breathitt. Fugate and Charles Collins were two different backs, but they were super talented and super effective. I probably lean Collins as the best in recent memory, Fugate was just a horse at his size and when he got to his top end speed he was hard to stop.

Brandon Thomas and Dustin Barnett were very good WR's on that Haddix team.

Brad Allen was a fantastic OLinemen worth mentioning.

Defensively Spike Stacy was tough on the DL.
Richard Trent I think his name was the first name I remember I’m not old enough to remember the 90s and early 2000 teams. But Richard Trent was unbelievable
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Yes all good player EKU alumni. Mine wasn’t in order. I just put them in the order they played. Brad Allen was great and how did I forget Jonathan chapman. He was a stud as a freshmen. Prob cause he played for pikeville his senior year but he was great at breathitt. Trent was a great running and passing QB.
Here are a few more that wasn't mentioned.

QB - Colby Fugate, Jade Haddix
RB - Jason White, Greg Barnett
WR - Courtney Johnson
OL/DL - Judd Hubbard
LB - Wade Collins

RB - Will Thomas Collins
Roger stamper. Derek McKnight, buddy baker, joe Henson, shorty combs
It would be hard to come up with a list without leaving a couple off at Breathitt. They have had some excellent teams and players in that program over the years.
Roger stamper. Derek McKnight, buddy baker, joe Henson, shorty combs
Bryce Hoskins- all time best TE at Breathitt.
WR Courtney Johnson. 2 TD catches in the 2002 state championship game!
QB- Moore. Performed at a high level for more than 1 year unlinke Chapman and Haddix
RB-Jon Chapman. Best player I have saw suit up at Breathitt
Channing Fugate- beast
WR- Matt Sharpe, Timmy Barnett
TE - John Radar
O line Eric Collins, Rich McCune, Ricky Brewer

Kicker Judd Hubbard
D line- Eric Collins
LB Shorty Combs, Wade Collins, John Radar, Derek Mcknight
Secondary Day Day Thomas, Jeremiah Chapman, Jason White

I know I missed some from old days but I really only become old enough to understand football in early 90s.
Jason White was a stud RB that was a great receiver out of the backfield also.

Tim Barnett was a receiver that caught everything that he got his hands on.
One that will probably be on the list soon Corey Combs.
Corey will be a dandy linebacker and make some big hits by the time he graduates.
Anthony Johnson was the tight end to come through Breathitt, and I don’t even think it’s close for discussion.
(07-22-2022, 01:29 PM)9Lives Wrote: Anthony Johnson was the tight end to come through Breathitt, and I don’t even think it’s close for discussion.

Anthony was great. I'd have to give the edge to John Radar at TE. Not only an excellent receiver but a great blocker as well
Chris back played back in late 80s. Him or John Rader are without a doubt the best two TE ever play at breathitt. Anthony Johnson couldn’t hold a candle to them two beast.