Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Betsy Layne 2022
Ok, besides Chase Mimms who do the Bobcat lose to graduation?  Who are some of the keys players returning?  Will they have any new faces that can have an impact in 2022?
Losing
Chase Mims QB
Austin Tackett RB/LB
Marcus Hall MLB
Lucas Clark lineman
Shawn D Howell WR/CB

We have a lot returning but the number one thing is who and how are we replacing Chase Mims with. That’s the major question mark starting the season.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Westside
I'd almost bet that Robinson ends up behind center.

As for the outlook to the 2022 season, I'd say the Bobcats are once again the 3rd best team in their district behind Raceland and Paintsville. Biggest games on the schedule will be Prestonsburg, Paintsville, and Floyd Central. The two county rivalry games don't really mean all that much since they're non district opponents, but it'll mean a whole lot for bragging rights going forward. Paintsville game is going to be the measuring stick for BL's football program. Play Paintsville close and you know you're on to something, get blown out again and then you know you still have a lot of work to do. I don't think the Raceland game is going to be close at all. Raceland is loaded for a 1A team and likely the 2nd best team in the class behind Pikeville.

I'd personally like to see Betsy Layne be more disciplined as a program. Despite the success they had last season, they still allowed their frustrations to get the best of them in their biggest games. It starts with the coaching staff.

Can't wait for August 19
[-] The following 2 users Like BlackcatAlum's post:
  • jetpilot, Westside
(06-07-2022, 10:14 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: I'd almost bet that Robinson ends up behind center.

As for the outlook to the 2022 season, I'd say the Bobcats are once again the 3rd best team in their district behind Raceland and Paintsville. Biggest games on the schedule will be Prestonsburg, Paintsville, and Floyd Central. The two county rivalry games don't really mean all that much since they're non district opponents, but it'll mean a whole lot for bragging rights going forward. Paintsville game is going to be the measuring stick for BL's football program. Play Paintsville close and you know you're on to something, get blown out again and then you know you still have a lot of work to do. I don't think the Raceland game is going to be close at all. Raceland is loaded for a 1A team and likely the 2nd best team in the class behind Pikeville.

I'd personally like to see Betsy Layne be more disciplined as a program. Despite the success they had last season, they still allowed their frustrations to get the best of them in their biggest games. It starts with the coaching staff.

Can't wait for August 19
I think Prestonsburg beats Betsy Layne this year.  The bobcats should’ve beat them last year but Pburg used the Covid cancellation.  

Heard Robinson was leaving BL and heading south on 23, just a rumor but from a good source.
[-] The following 1 user Likes papabear02's post:
  • Darth Hater
(06-13-2022, 08:02 PM)papabear02 Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 10:14 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: I'd almost bet that Robinson ends up behind center.

Can't wait for August 19
I think Prestonsburg beats Betsy Layne this year.  The bobcats should’ve beat them last year but Pburg used the Covid cancellation.  

Heard Robinson was leaving BL and heading south on 23, just a rumor but from a good source.

Hadn’t heard that one. He was at weights today
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Westside
I dont see Betsy Lane being better this year. If anything I see them taking a step back. Mimms was a really good QB and threw alot of guys open last year. I dont think they will be anywhere near competitive to win the district. I hope I am wrong though bc good football breeds good football. But i see them finishing around 6-4 and 3rd in the district. How Paintsville bounces back from last year will bethe kicker there.
They are going to stink.
If Robinson leaves that's going to be a brutal loss for Betsy Layne. He's a great athlete and would start for 99% of basketball teams around the state and every football team.
(06-14-2022, 03:57 PM)jamesclay Wrote: They are going to stink.

Just how familiar are you with Betsy Layne's team this year?
they have been looking really good in 7 on 7. Beat pikeville and Shelby Valley the other day. 7 on 7 doesn't mean much though.
(07-22-2022, 05:46 PM)Ekybballer2 Wrote: they have been looking really good in 7 on 7. Beat pikeville and Shelby Valley the other day. 7 on 7 doesn't mean much though.
Who was the QB for Betsy Layne?
(07-22-2022, 08:23 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
(07-22-2022, 05:46 PM)Ekybballer2 Wrote: they have been looking really good in 7 on 7. Beat pikeville and Shelby Valley the other day. 7 on 7 doesn't mean much though.
 Brady Robinson and Carter Parsons played QB
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ekybballer2's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
Let’s don’t get stupid.
Pikeville/Betsy Layne would be a running clock by 7:45 with 7:30 start
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Big Five-0-, Humpty Dumpty
(07-22-2022, 09:19 PM)Ekybballer2 Wrote:
(07-22-2022, 08:23 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
 Brady Robinson and Carter Parsons played QB

I seen some videos from the 7v7 on Facebook, Betsy Layne made some nice plays from what I could see.

They'll have 3 or 4 freshman who will play a lot for the varsity this upcoming season. I know Isaiah Allen is going to be a stud wide receiver once he puts on some muscle and weight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • Ekybballer2
(07-22-2022, 09:53 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Let’s don’t get stupid.
Which is exactly why I said in the post 7 on 7 doesn't mean much...

Can't wait for August 19
Agree with everything you said. Always been a BL fan. Rooting for the Bobcats to beat Prestonsburg and FC and hope they give Paintsville a battle although Phelps will be hard to stop. BL has lost more athletes to surrounding schools than probably any other school in E Ky
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Westside
(07-23-2022, 01:07 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

Can't wait for August 19
Agree with everything you said. Always been a BL fan. Rooting for the Bobcats to beat Prestonsburg and FC and hope they give Paintsville a battle although Phelps will be hard to stop. BL has lost more athletes to surrounding schools than probably any other school in E Ky
I agree 100%

Betsy Layne has had some great athletes over the years, but they've always been about basketball and never much about football and it's cost them time and time again. They've always had a good youth program, but they always transferred or never developed as football players at BL because the school prefers basketball and may always will.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • jetpilot
(07-23-2022, 12:52 AM)Ekybballer2 Wrote:
(07-22-2022, 09:53 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Let’s don’t get stupid.
Which is exactly why I said in the post 7 on 7 doesn't mean much...
Good to hear the passing game looks good. How will the lines and the running game look