Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Announcement of Knott County Central Coach Coming Soon
Players leaving, coaches leaving, what in the world is goin on at Knott?
(07-19-2022, 03:10 PM)Justthefacts1 Wrote: Players leaving, coaches leaving, what in the world is goin on at Knott?
That's what I asked
Girls are leaving Knott and going to Hazard for the expensive dribbling drills offered by the Hazard Coaching Staff/On Point Ballers. Nothing like making dough from your own players/Team. Nice set up. Unique program.
(07-19-2022, 09:19 AM)jamesclay Wrote: What a hire.
I don't know if you meant this in a negative or positive way, but I am completely positive Huff will be an excellent coach. Nobody will outwork him, he understands today's kids, is tough when he needs to be but also positive and encouraging. Perfect mix and has all the qualities of a great coach. He scouts the opponent and gives each player a detailed printout of what they like to do and how you can defend it. The kids love and respect him and will work hard for him. Give a guy a chance before you completely write him off. BB only won 8 games last year. BB always had talent, which is something you have to have to win. Huff can and will develop his young team and be a huge contender for the title in a couple years. Mark it down, he will hang a banner!
Knott will be 3rd in their district this year. Letcher will be 2nd. Dook combs already has his players in, he will run circles around the young coach at Knott. Casey is a good person though, he is a great role model for those kids. But look for Dook to take Cordia to the state tournament this year beating out Breathitt and Perry. His stats don’t lie.
What years did he have a team in the state tournament in Kentucky?
He will be at state this year. His record for coaching at Cordia before, he coached for 20 years prior. And he’s returning to Cordia this year, not “officially” yet because he has to wait his 90 days for retirement. But look at his 20ish years at Cordia in the past. He’s got more experience than Casey. That’s got to mean something, right?
How many regional tournament games did Cordia win in those 20 years then?
Ok. I admit. You’ve got a point. I looked back. I assumed a 20 year coach would be something to admire. I should have researched better. He done nothing in 20 years except one district championship. The rest of the years was definitely not winning years. I retract my statements.
That's what happens when you assume :)
Who does Cordia have this year? Someone said Brooks and Robinson may not be back. They only had eight or nine players last year, if I remember correctly. They will probably be ranked in the top five in the region coming into the year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HCS's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
Those two players aren’t returning to my knowledge. Someone said they was staying and playing in New York. The only players returning from last season is two that didn’t see minutes.
They wouldn't have been ranked in the top five, maybe not top 10, if the coaches knew those two weren't back. How many do they have out then? All just local players or from all around the country again?
(09-14-2022, 09:22 PM)HCS Wrote: That's what happens when you assume Smile
Who does Cordia have this year? Someone said Brooks and Robinson may not be back. They only had eight or nine players last year, if I remember correctly. They will probably be ranked in the top five in the region coming into the year.
Dude no need to be a smart ass..1. If you are smart enough to read between the lines they were being a smart ass too and 2. The the reason those 2 boys are back is because of the system and never knowing what type of team they would have..and 3. Cordia will never have anything until they develop better living conditions, have a gym, and consistency with their coaching staff..but that’s just my opinion!!

(09-15-2022, 12:34 AM)MADDBOMBER14 Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 09:22 PM)HCS Wrote: That's what happens when you assume Smile
Dude no need to be a smart ass..1. If you are smart enough to read between the lines they were being a smart ass too and 2. The the reason those 2 boys are back is because of the system and never knowing what type of team they would have..and 3. Cordia will never have anything until they develop better living conditions, have a gym, and consistency with their coaching staff..but that’s just my opinion!!
Also if Dook Combs becomes the coach ( which all arrows point to him) they were right been at a school 20 years and won 1 district and that’s it..yes you can say he done it with locals but that’s BS too go back at all cordia teams from the 90s on lost their kids came from other grade schools not cordia..so idc how you look at it 1,2..or 8 kids from a different school is considered recruiting..most will disagree but truth is truth wether you want to agree or not!!
What players does Cordia have then. Anyone played before?
I heard something like 60 students in 9-12, so not a lot of choices.
I’ve been watching 14th region basketball since the mid 1960’s and most Cordia teams over the years have been composed of about half community and a half from other schools in the area such as the Knott County schools before consolidation and after, Hazard Independent, and Perry County schools. Most were kids that weren’t getting the playing time they wanted at their old school and wanted a chance to play more. The percentages fluctuated from one year to the next but that was pretty standard. It wasn’t until Roderick Rhodes came to the school that members of the team came from farther out in the state or out of state.