Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 2022
(07-12-2022, 11:10 AM)FallRock Wrote: No one is saying Clay County is going to go out and win a state championship but to get on here and act like they haven't improved or been on par with surrounding schools is just foolish or someone harboring a personal vendetta. Scheduling Lynn camp when they did was a common sense move at the time both schools were similar and Lynn Camp was actually playing pretty good football a couple of seasons ago, it really isn't Clays fault that another school has fell on hard times. It wasn't that long ago Clay was in the same boat. Going forward I'm sure that game wont happen. In high school sports there are these things called contracts that have to be honored and you cant just drop a team every year. Corbin has never scheduled JC they've had to play them through the playoffs and that didn't fair too well for the redhounds. Corbin Should pick up Letcher Central or Johnson Central and drop easy wins like Somerset and Whitley Co.
Smile

(07-12-2022, 12:43 PM)FallRock Wrote: so you're saying it would have been like 34-13? Smile

I would love to see a 72-14 in favor of Clay. But I'll take a 1 point win as well. But Bell probably after putting a whipping on Rockcastle last year and then facing Garrard probably wasn't as focused making the score a little closer than normal. So probably 42-14, because Dudly aint going to quit scoring lol.
Nothing at all against Clay but trying to compare them to Bell right now is doing the kids at Clay and Coach Sizemore a disservice. Bull knows me well enough to vouch for me that I’m no Dudley Hilton fan at all, I mean at all, but even I can’t deny the man’s coaching acumen. Could Clay compete with Bell in 3A right now it’s hard to say cause Clay’s still in 4A however Bell’s the team to beat in 3A in the 13th region and it’s not really even close since Corbin moved to 4A and unless / until Clay moves to 3A and starts knocking on their door Bell imo is gonna stay there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
4th down Dudley hard to stop.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
(07-13-2022, 06:15 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Nothing at all against Clay but trying to compare them to Bell right now is doing the kids at Clay and Coach Sizemore a disservice.  Bull knows me well enough to vouch for me that I’m no Dudley Hilton fan at all, I mean at all, but even I can’t deny the man’s coaching acumen.  Could Clay compete with Bell in 3A right now it’s hard to say cause Clay’s still in 4A however Bell’s the team to beat in 3A in the 13th region and it’s not really even close since Corbin moved to 4A and unless / until Clay moves to 3A and starts knocking on their door Bell imo is gonna stay there.

A big key to that is when/if it comes time for Clay to compete with Bell in 3A, Dudley might have finally decided to hang up the whistle by that point. They have usually dropped off when he has stepped away there in the past.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DarthVader's post:
  • Bull got out!
That could happen at anytime.
(07-14-2022, 05:04 PM)DarthVader Wrote:
(07-13-2022, 06:15 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Nothing at all against Clay but trying to compare them to Bell right now is doing the kids at Clay and Coach Sizemore a disservice.  Bull knows me well enough to vouch for me that I’m no Dudley Hilton fan at all, I mean at all, but even I can’t deny the man’s coaching acumen.  Could Clay compete with Bell in 3A right now it’s hard to say cause Clay’s still in 4A however Bell’s the team to beat in 3A in the 13th region and it’s not really even close since Corbin moved to 4A and unless / until Clay moves to 3A and starts knocking on their door Bell imo is gonna stay there.

A big key to that is when/if it comes time for Clay to compete with Bell in 3A, Dudley might have finally decided to hang up the whistle by that point. They have usually dropped off when he has stepped away there in the past.

I doubt your ever gonna see Dudley completely leave the sidelines at Bell again..From everything I’ve heard it’s being set up for his son to take over once he’s ready to hang it up and I don’t see him just completely leaving to let his son fall on his face.  All that being said I really like Coach Sizemore and what he’s doing at Clay if football can keep catching some traction there he could compete whether Dudley’s there or not it’s just gonna take time and a lot of support.  Pre Mark Stoops UK was in the same boat you could ask someone about the UK ball game anywhere in the state and they’d automatically start talking basketball, if Coach Sizemore can turn start turning some of the attention his way he could possibly take the program places it’s never been, but some of the culture has gotta change for him…
If football is ever going to gain traction at Clay, these are definitely the years to do it because basketball can't get much worse than it is right now...and if Clay keeps Gray as basketball coach it will stay down. If I'm one of the kids who are multi-sport athletes at Clay(i.e. Crawford-baseball, golf, basketball) I'm definitely hanging up basketball. Too much injury risk in basketball when in reality you don't have a future in it. For someone as talented in baseball as Crawford is it just makes more sense
Crawford would make a awesome football player. Kid is a stud!

Gray isn’t going anywhere LOL……