Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 for 13th & 14th Region
The Horn is loading up for bear.
(06-20-2022, 11:01 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: The Horn is loading up for bear.
That’s what I was told also. Several transfers from Breathitt and one from Perry.
(06-20-2022, 09:38 AM)River Cats Wrote: I heard at basketball camp this weekend that Abigail and Naomi Noble are transferring to Buckhorn. If this is true that would help Buckhorn and hurt us at Breathitt County.
I heard a few days ago that the Noble twins had possibly transferred to Wolfe County. They have played several games with Wolfe during summer games. Also a couple of Lee County’s players have been with Wolfe for several of their games this summer as well. But it’s hard to say one way or the other if that means much. Players hop all over the place during summer play and many times end up right back on their original team.
Updated

13th Region
NL
Corbin
Bell
SL
Knox

14th Region
Perry
Leslie
Owsley
Letcher
Powell
(07-08-2022, 02:55 PM)River Cats Wrote: Updated

13th Region
NL
Corbin
Bell
SL
Knox

14th Region
Perry
Leslie
Owsley
Letcher
Powell
Are you basing your picks on returning players, transfers, and summer play? Just wondering.
(07-08-2022, 08:36 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:

13th Region
NL
Corbin
Bell
SL
Knox

14th Region
Perry
Leslie
Owsley
Letcher
Powell
Are you basing your picks on returning players, transfers, and summer play? Just wondering.
Combination of all 3 but mainly based on returning players. Summer ball you really can’t get a read on and I don’t believe transfers until they are enrolled and walking the school hallways. In all honesty my rankings are really just to see what everyone else thinks. I learn a lot on here.
(07-08-2022, 11:12 PM)River Cats Wrote:
(07-08-2022, 08:36 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:

13th Region
NL
Corbin
Bell
SL
Knox

14th Region
Perry
Leslie
Owsley
Letcher
Powell
Combination of all 3 but mainly based on returning players. Summer ball you really can’t get a read on and I don’t believe transfers until they are enrolled and walking the school hallways. In all honesty my rankings are really just to see what everyone else thinks. I learn a lot on here.
Yeah, it is a discussion board and that’s what ranking lists generate. I’m with you on that. I’m more familiar with the 14th than I am the 13th but I have seen Corbin over the summer and they look able and ready to defend their 13th region title. They lost one girl to graduation but have picked up another through transfer that’s just as good, from what one of their fans told me at a summer game. North, South and Bell should be good as well, and Jackson County is no pushover, they have one of the tallest teams in the region. Their center is 6’5 and they have another girl 6’. Knox will be good too, and may have the best player in the region with 5’9 Halle Collins, only a sophomore. 
Perry should be very good in the 14th with most of their players back from last year and the pickup of Kylie Gayheart. They are going to be guard heavy for sure but do have some size to go with the guards. 
Leslie also has most of their team returning. They were a semifinalist regional team last season and are well capable of making another run at the title this season. I’m not sure if they have added any transfers or not. Owsley returns 4 starters, (Smith, Terry, Lynch, and Murray) from their region runner-up team and have picked up 2 eighth graders that should be a big help. They don’t play like 8th graders and their AAU team won a Freshman championship in Myrtle Beach a few weeks ago. 
Letcher is defending champion and although they have lost some key players they are still Letcher and will be right in the mix for the title with Couch and others.
I’ve heard Knott has lost several good players through transfer and I don’t know how good they will be. I know Owsley played them in summer ball and won by around 20, but summer ball is not a good indicator of anything due to some teams not having all players or coaches experimenting with different lineups, etc.
(07-01-2022, 11:33 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(06-20-2022, 09:38 AM)River Cats Wrote: I heard at basketball camp this weekend that Abigail and Naomi Noble are transferring to Buckhorn. If this is true that would help Buckhorn and hurt us at Breathitt County.
I heard a few days ago that the Noble twins had possibly transferred to Wolfe County. They have played several games with Wolfe during summer games. Also a couple of Lee County’s players have been with Wolfe for several of their games this summer as well. But it’s hard to say one way or the other if that means much. Players hop all over the place during summer play and many times end up right back on their original team.
I have heard this as well and they also played volleyball with Wolfe this summer. It would help both basketball and volleyball at Wolfe or Buckhorn and hurt us at Breathitt. These are rumors so I hope they stay on the riverbank.
The Noble girls are enrolled at Wolfe and will be a big help to both programs.
(07-11-2022, 07:34 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: The Noble girls are enrolled at Wolfe and will be a big help to both programs.
Yes they will. I believe they will be freshmen this coming year, so they’re young and going to keep getting better.
Will they have Gayheart from Knott Central? PCC has their 2022-23 roster up on Riherds website and Gayheart’s name is not listed. I think she played with them in summer play.
(08-01-2022, 11:43 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
Will they have Gayheart from Knott Central? PCC has their 2022-23 roster up on Riherds website and Gayheart’s name is not listed. I think she played with them in summer play.
Woah