• 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Ashland self-reports possible recruiting violation to the KHSAA
(06-09-2022, 10:46 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 10:27 PM)Ky1976 Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 05:08 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 03:17 PM)16thregioner Wrote: Ashland has won 12 games in a row against Boyd, including the last 2 games in the district and region tournament which were won by a combined 51 points.  The recording parent’s player scored single digits on 23% shooting with zero 3’s in those games.  Boyd parents have held back players in several classes in an effort to win at boys basketball.  When parents go “all in” like this and still end up losing, they’ll try to destroy anything in their way of basketball glory.  Mays and Ashland are in the way.  Therefore here we are now with a recording of Mays.

Boyd got Fairland senior transfer Gunner Short 5 years ago.  He led their team in scoring and led them to a region title along with their “homegrown” talent of Blake Stewart and Talbott Taylor.  In the last few years, the Boyd girls have added Cabell Midland’s McKenna Adkins, Charity and Payton Shears from West Virginia, East Carter’s Harley Paynter, Huntington St. Joe’s Hannah Roberts and Laney Whitmore, and Marshall coach’s daughter Taylor Bartrum.  It is rumored more from George Washington WV are on their way for the coming season.  In other words, Boyd athletics are launching stones at Ashland and Mays from a fragile glass house.

Mays has had one impact transfer who happened to be one of the best players ever in the 16th region, Colin Porter.  Porter combined with the “homegrown” talent of Cole Villers, Ethan Sellars, Ethan Hudson, Justin Bradley, and Devaunte Robinson to give Mays a lot of success.  Porter wasn’t even there the first year that Ashland won the region under Mays.

Overall, though, I’d say the evidence says that Mays isn’t much of a “recruiter”.  Perhaps that’s why he’s not coaching college anymore.  Cabell Midland’s Sean Marcum had 4 points and 5 rebounds a game in his one season there.  James Mayor stands 6-10 but has yet to see the floor.  Zander Carter is a very good player, but not a difference maker.  I’d argue that Tucker Conway, who shot 55% from 3 last season was just as good, but just got his chance later on.  If Mays was willing to entertain the call from the parent of the player who posted the stats I listed above, then Mays is not very intelligent.  Maybe he deserves to be punished for that.

Rheyce Deboard transferred from Russell to Boyd prior to his freshman season.  I suppose Boyd was OK with that?  You think Russell was happy about it?  It would have been interesting to see what he could have done with player of the year Brady Bell last season.  Deboard led Boyd in scoring, though, and led them to the region title game last year.  Deboard is at Ashland now.  I can see how this would be upsetting to the Boyd parents who have gone “all in” looking for that trip to Rupp.  Boyd would have been the clear cut region favorite next season with Deboard.  Now it’s a bit closer.

With all that being said, what about the other schools in the region that don’t get the vast number of transfers that Boyd and Ashland do?  How would you like to try competing against them year after year?  The boys and girls basketball “transfer” and “recruiting” pendulum has swung back and forth between Boyd and Ashland over the past decade.  Irony and hypocrisy are on full display in this situation.
Save it for your appeal with KHSAA.  You are twisting and turning the truth to cover the depth of unprecedented recruiting that hasn’t gone unnoticed by other KHSAA team members and administration.
This dude that you just quoted is being so truthful and you still can’t see it. Are you the parent that did the recording?  If not you sure are making a good case to be.  

(06-09-2022, 06:12 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 05:22 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: In my experience the team or fans of teams that yell recruiting can’t handle getting their tails kicked  on the court or field by the other school so the cry about it. Stop crying and get better

Usually nobody cares if you cheat until you cheat enough to win.  That is the point that the cheating you have done gets you in deep do do and remorse sets in.  Just win the right way like most other teams.
You need to re read the previous post. You can go back to 2007 and Elliot had kids not from there to win.  Get over it.
Follow the rules, stop cheating, quit making excuses because there is no excuse for cheating to this magnitude.

Elliott had one kid not originally from there during their successful run over the span of a decade.  Just like most all other teams, they had a system to develop in county talent from a young age.  They don’t aggressively recruit blatantly giving the middle finger to KHSAA admin.
You're making a horrible case.  Timmy was the only player that contributed through the decade run while the other 60 contributing players were homegrown buddy.  While Timmy may not have technically been from Elliott, he grew up and played with the Faulkner twins and Ferguson through Elliott's system.  Heck throw in the other two you mentioned who didn't contribute and pretend that Timmy wasn't part of Elliott's system from a very young age.  That is three kids over a decade.  Ashland is lucky to have three contributing kids per year over the last several years that had been developed there.
(06-09-2022, 11:44 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: Elliot had 3.  2 Knipp’s and 1 Maynard

Do you think Coach Fraley don’t recruit?

Start another thread on that one. You're not necessarily wrong, but he didn't do it on a recording, which is what this thread is about.
(06-09-2022, 03:17 PM)16thregioner Wrote: Ashland has won 12 games in a row against Boyd, including the last 2 games in the district and region tournament which were won by a combined 51 points.  The recording parent’s player scored single digits on 23% shooting with zero 3’s in those games.  Boyd parents have held back players in several classes in an effort to win at boys basketball.  When parents go “all in” like this and still end up losing, they’ll try to destroy anything in their way of basketball glory.  Mays and Ashland are in the way.  Therefore here we are now with a recording of Mays.

Boyd got Fairland senior transfer Gunner Short 5 years ago.  He led their team in scoring and led them to a region title along with their “homegrown” talent of Blake Stewart and Talbott Taylor.  In the last few years, the Boyd girls have added Cabell Midland’s McKenna Adkins, Charity and Payton Shears from West Virginia, East Carter’s Harley Paynter, Huntington St. Joe’s Hannah Roberts and Laney Whitmore, and Marshall coach’s daughter Taylor Bartrum.  It is rumored more from George Washington WV are on their way for the coming season.  In other words, Boyd athletics are launching stones at Ashland and Mays from a fragile glass house.

Mays has had one impact transfer who happened to be one of the best players ever in the 16th region, Colin Porter.  Porter combined with the “homegrown” talent of Cole Villers, Ethan Sellars, Ethan Hudson, Justin Bradley, and Devaunte Robinson to give Mays a lot of success.  Porter wasn’t even there the first year that Ashland won the region under Mays.

Overall, though, I’d say the evidence says that Mays isn’t much of a “recruiter”.  Perhaps that’s why he’s not coaching college anymore.  Cabell Midland’s Sean Marcum had 4 points and 5 rebounds a game in his one season there.  James Mayor stands 6-10 but has yet to see the floor.  Zander Carter is a very good player, but not a difference maker.  I’d argue that Tucker Conway, who shot 55% from 3 last season was just as good, but just got his chance later on.  If Mays was willing to entertain the call from the parent of the player who posted the stats I listed above, then Mays is not very intelligent.  Maybe he deserves to be punished for that.

Rheyce Deboard transferred from Russell to Boyd prior to his freshman season.  I suppose Boyd was OK with that?  You think Russell was happy about it?  It would have been interesting to see what he could have done with player of the year Brady Bell last season.  Deboard led Boyd in scoring, though, and led them to the region title game last year.  Deboard is at Ashland now.  I can see how this would be upsetting to the Boyd parents who have gone “all in” looking for that trip to Rupp.  Boyd would have been the clear cut region favorite next season with Deboard.  Now it’s a bit closer.

With all that being said, what about the other schools in the region that don’t get the vast number of transfers that Boyd and Ashland do?  How would you like to try competing against them year after year?  The boys and girls basketball “transfer” and “recruiting” pendulum has swung back and forth between Boyd and Ashland over the past decade.  Irony and hypocrisy are on full display in this situation.
Very well said and this is the view of majority of the region. They have a small click at Boyd that seems to want their way at all cost.  Coach Anderson is a great man and coach.  They are trying to run him off because he doesn’t play into their plan.  

Last season, Boyd had a player that didn’t live in the state and played varsity.  Is that legal?
The season before, a varsity player TRANSFERRED to Boyd from a local 16th region school.  He never moved and lived at the same address!  Was ruled eligible by Boyd and the KHSAA!  Is this legal?  
What about the girls from Portsmouth that made an unofficial visit  at a game to meet with the coach?  Is that legal?
A previous thread hit the nail on the head with the comment that the Girls Basketball Team could be it’s own thread!
You are correct… Arrogance, Irony and Hipocrisy on full display.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Appalachian Cat's post:
  • Ky1976
(06-10-2022, 01:09 AM)Appalachian Cat Wrote:

Very well said and this is the view of majority of the region. They have a small click at Boyd that seems to want their way at all cost.  Coach Anderson is a great man and coach.  They are trying to run him off because he doesn’t play into their plan.  

Last season, Boyd had a player that didn’t live in the state and played varsity.  Is that legal?
The season before, a varsity player TRANSFERRED to Boyd from a local 16th region school.  He never moved and lived at the same address!  Was ruled eligible by Boyd and the KHSAA!  Is this legal?  
What about the girls from Portsmouth that made an unofficial visit  at a game to meet with the coach?  Is that legal?
A previous thread hit the nail on the head with the comment that the Girls Basketball Team could be it’s own thread!

Again you can cherry pick an occasional transfer player to any school and try to muddy the waters combining single transfers from girls, boys, football, etc.  No 16th region basketball program has even come close to the level of recruiting (except the Mayo, Dawson, Walker years at Rose Hill), arrogance, and continuous extreme willfulness to disregard KHSAA rules and regulations. This is why people outside of Ashland homers feel it could be a doomsday.  I also keep hearing that there are a number of people that have the recording at this point  and it will be circulated so maybe it will change peoples mind if it vindicates the program, coach, and administration.
(06-10-2022, 07:41 AM)SocratesKy Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 01:09 AM)Appalachian Cat Wrote:

Again you can cherry pick an occasional transfer player to any school and try to muddy the waters combining single transfers from girls, boys, football, etc.  No 16th region basketball program has even come close to the level of recruiting (except the Mayo, Dawson, Walker years at Rose Hill), arrogance, and continuous extreme willfulness to disregard KHSAA rules and regulations. This is why people outside of Ashland homers feel it could be a doomsday.  I also keep hearing that there are a number of people that have the recording at this point  and it will be circulated so maybe it will change peoples mind if it vindicates the program, coach, and administration.
Maybe so.  My point is BOYD RECRUITS.  They are accusing someone of doing exactly same thing that they do year after year.  Everyone does it.  Does it make it right?  Absolutely not.   It just seems stupid to me for them to bring any attention their way.  Now they are under the microscope because of this guy recording a coach.  
I feel sorry for the young man that is the player.  Having a psycho dad or mom will follow you around your entire basketball career.  He done nothing but hurt his kid.  If he is good enough in a few years to play in college, a coach will know how daddy does business.  It’s a shame. Kid has a chance to be a good player.  I don’t care where the kids go to school.  I hope they all succeed but it doesn’t help this young man with the cloud over him now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Appalachian Cat's post:
  • Ky1976
SocratesKy has to be the dad of this kid or something very close, because this person sure is trying to hammer home what coach mays has supposedly done which is talk on the phone with an opposing coach. Heck I’ve been in the gym last year and witnessed the father talking to Ashland’s staff along with a few other Boyd county dads (Taylor). One would wonder if this is against the KHSAA rules. I personally don’t know.

Also keep hearing the dad and Taylor dad has went to coach Fraley office and want Coach Anderson to be gone. Maybe we can also start a thread on this.
(06-10-2022, 10:46 AM)Ky1976 Wrote: SocratesKy has to be the dad of this kid or something very close, because this person sure is trying to hammer home what coach mays has supposedly done which is talk on the phone with an opposing coach.  Heck I’ve been in the gym last year and witnessed the father talking to Ashland’s staff along with a few other Boyd county dads (Taylor).  One would wonder if this is against the KHSAA rules. I personally don’t know. 

Also keep hearing the dad and Taylor dad has went to coach Fraley office and want Coach Anderson to be gone.  Maybe we can also start a thread on this.

Start a thread.  Ashland homers just keep throwing out that smoke and mirrors…You don’t have to agree.  Guess you just have to sit and wait on consequences at this point…
I showed up late for work the other day and got caught. I tried to tell the boss other people do it too. Didn't work.
Since Socrates and FanMan have apparently heard the recording, what punishment do you think is appropriate for Mays and/or the Ashland boys basketball program?
(06-10-2022, 12:37 PM)16thregioner Wrote: Since Socrates and FanMan have apparently heard the recording, what punishment do you think is appropriate for Mays and/or the Ashland boys basketball program?
I really don’t know what the punishment will be if any and really think this is a stupid rule by the khsaa because we could get all coaches that’s been mentioned in this thread into the same trouble.  I do know this from years of experience of being a dad to both boys and girls.  I SURE WOULD HATE TO BE THIS KID.  Awful is what it would be.
There won't be any punishment.
(06-10-2022, 01:26 PM)Ky1976 Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 12:37 PM)16thregioner Wrote: Since Socrates and FanMan have apparently heard the recording, what punishment do you think is appropriate for Mays and/or the Ashland boys basketball program?
I really don’t know what the punishment will be if any and really think this is a stupid rule by the khsaa because we could get all coaches that’s been mentioned in this thread into the same trouble.  I do know this from years of experience of being a dad to both boys and girls.  I SURE WOULD HATE TO BE THIS KID.  Awful is what it would be.

If there is no rule for openly recruiting kids then great, all coaches should recruit hard as Ashland has without fear of recourse. As I’ve stated some coaches remotely dabble in enticing a kid to come to their school.  There is a huge difference in these two examples giving Ashland a tremendous advantage because others don’t go all in on recruiting for fear of serious allegations and punishment.

(06-10-2022, 02:00 PM)jamesclay Wrote: There won't be any punishment.

Are you on Ashlands staff or administration?  This seems to have been their way of thinking over the last few years.

No I’ve not heard the tape. All of my opinions are based from the outside looking in. Ashland fans are entitled to their opinion as well. I have however heard that there are a number of people that have the recording and that it will be published.
The only explanation for this is the dad didn’t hear what he wanted to hear! This small talk goes on all the time and have did it in the past talking and calling a coach from another school, but wait here is the kicker I for one didn’t get but hurt by what the coaches said. So guess what I didn’t report. ?
(06-10-2022, 02:40 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: The only explanation for this is the dad didn’t hear what he wanted to hear!  This small talk goes on all the time and have did it in the past talking and calling a coach from another school,  but wait here is the kicker I for one didn’t get but hurt by what the coaches said.  So guess what I didn’t report.  ?
Here we go…it’s the dad’s fault. 

I didn’t see that in the headlines.  This is why I think Ashland will get hammered.  They are downplaying the actual violations, pointing at other teams, and saying it’s a parents fault?!?!?  If they would just accept responsibility I think the KHSAA would have a little mercy but if they try to place blame on a parent or other schools they will get crucified.
Are you saying that Coach Mays is the only coach whom has talked to players parents on the phone? It happens everywhere. How did Gunner Short get to Boyd? Supposedly he wanted to go to Ashland first and was told that he needed to deal with his issues at Fairland first, but decided to drive down the road to Boyd and enroll. And guess what the rest is history 2018 regional champs.
(06-10-2022, 03:35 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: Are you saying that Coach Mays is the only coach whom has talked to players parents on the phone?  It happens everywhere.  How did Gunner Short get to Boyd?  Supposedly he wanted to go to Ashland first and was told that he needed to deal with his issues at Fairland first, but decided to drive down the road to Boyd and enroll.  And guess what the rest is history 2018 regional champs.

my opinion is that coach Mays recruits well beyond what other teams or coaches even dream about.  His success has unilaterally depended on recruiting as opposed to developing in school district talent.  This is much different than having a single player come in on rare occasion.
(06-10-2022, 02:06 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:

If there is no rule for openly recruiting kids then great, all coaches should recruit hard as Ashland has without fear of recourse. As I’ve stated some coaches remotely dabble in enticing a kid to come to their school.  There is a huge difference in these two examples giving Ashland a tremendous advantage because others don’t go all in on recruiting for fear of serious allegations and punishment.

Are you on Ashlands staff or administration?  This seems to have been their way of thinking over the last few years.

No I’ve not heard the tape.  All of my opinions are based from the outside looking in.  Ashland fans are entitled to their opinion as well.  I have however heard that there are a number of people that have the recording and that it will be published.

I heard the player in question is a middle school student. If that's correct, I don't think KHSAA will do anything.
(06-10-2022, 03:35 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: Are you saying that Coach Mays is the only coach whom has talked to players parents on the phone?  It happens everywhere.  How did Gunner Short get to Boyd?  Supposedly he wanted to go to Ashland first and was told that he needed to deal with his issues at Fairland first, but decided to drive down the road to Boyd and enroll.  And guess what the rest is history 2018 regional champs.

my opinion is that coach Mays recruits well beyond what other teams or coaches even dream about.  His success has unilaterally depended on recruiting as opposed to developing in school district talent.  This is much different than having a single player come in on rare occasion.
(06-10-2022, 03:12 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 02:40 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: The only explanation for this is the dad didn’t hear what he wanted to hear!  This small talk goes on all the time and have did it in the past talking and calling a coach from another school,  but wait here is the kicker I for one didn’t get but hurt by what the coaches said.  So guess what I didn’t report.  ?

I didn’t see that in the headlines.  This is why I think Ashland will get hammered.  They are downplaying the actual violations, pointing at other teams, and saying it’s a parents fault?!?!?  If they would just accept responsibility I think the KHSAA would have a little mercy but if they try to place blame on a parent or other schools they will get crucified.
They did accept responsibility…. They self-reported!  This just didn’t satisfy the Boyd click.  (Same one’s that are trying to get Coach Anderson fired)  Now they have to stir the pot and try another angle.  Boyd is as dirty or dirtier than most. Throw sports to the side.  A man that records another man without his consent to do harm is a coward.
(06-10-2022, 04:38 PM)jamesclay Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 02:06 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:

No I’ve not heard the tape.  All of my opinions are based from the outside looking in.  Ashland fans are entitled to their opinion as well.  I have however heard that there are a number of people that have the recording and that it will be published.

I heard the player in question is a middle school student. If that's correct, I don't think KHSAA will do anything.
Correct he is in 8th grade and will be 9th and therefore KHSAA doesn’t govern middle school.

(06-10-2022, 05:45 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote:

They did accept responsibility…. They self-reported!  This just didn’t satisfy the Boyd click.  (Same one’s that are trying to get Coach Anderson fired)  Now they have to stir the pot and try another angle.  Boyd is as dirty or dirtier than most. Throw sports to the side.  A man that records another man without his consent to do harm is a coward.
I totally agree.
(06-10-2022, 05:24 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:

You have blabbed away at this same theme through all these post and your assertions are lame. Let’s take a look at this so called “well beyond what other teams or coaches even dream about”. Mays first year 2019, which ended with a regional title, had zero transfers, all home grown players. The second season of 2020 he had one transfer. The third year he had a high school transfer from out of state and an 8th grader from the region. The fourth year he had the big kid from Bath Co. So, in his first 4 years as coach he has had 4 transfers, an average of 1 per year. About normal for most schools if not under-normal. This present season he has 1 transfer. He is averaging one transfer per year. Your argument and hyperbole in all these posts in this thread don’t hold up under scrutiny. You’re trying to frame a picture that Coach Mays calls around and tries to entice players to attend Ashland. Well, that is untrue. He does not operate that way. I’ve known him a long time. 
I’ve said this before on here and I will say it again. This idea that coaches are on the phone or working to recruit players from other schools is overblown and exaggerated. It just doesn’t happen that often. By far in most cases if coaches have good programs and schools have good academics, parents and players who want to move will make the first effort, not the coaches.
Coach Mays answered a phone call while on a vacation in South Carolina with his family and he talked to the guy. I’m sure mostly coach talk. Coach Mays is a friendly person and he enjoys talking with people, particularly about basketball. And he does love his program, players and the school so he probably bragged them up a some. That’s just my take on it. There is no “smoke and mirrors” here, just a lot of efforts by a few people to try to make a mountain out of an ant hill.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • Appalachian Cat
(06-10-2022, 05:45 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote:

They only self reported b/c they were presented with the evidence, and figured it would look better if they did vs someone else. 

And its human nature to point fingers at others when you've been caught I guess.
Evidence of what talking to a dad who was shopping his son around. That’s what he is guilty of? Technically the dude who is guilty is the dad for recording a conversation without the knowledge of the other person talking.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ky1976's post:
  • Appalachian Cat, LOOKAYANNER
(06-10-2022, 07:00 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: Evidence of what talking to a dad who was shopping his son around.  That’s what he is guilty of?  Technically the dude who is guilty is the dad for recording a conversation without the knowledge of the other person talking.

Evidence of breaking the rules, which is why they self reported.
Do you know who made the call to self report? And when that decision was made and who was in the room?
(06-10-2022, 07:19 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: Do you know who made the call to self report?  And when that decision was made and who was in the room?

Nope  Wink
(06-10-2022, 07:00 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: Evidence of what talking to a dad who was shopping his son around.  That’s what he is guilty of?  Technically the dude who is guilty is the dad for recording a conversation without the knowledge of the other person talking.
Ashland did not self report a possible KHSAA violation or discipline its popular coach to punish him for answering a phone call. If the conversation was totally innocent, then the coach should hire an attorney and demand that Ashland issue a public apology.

Answering a phone or talking to the father of a player who attends another school is not against any rule, so either Ashland's administration is attempting to punish its coach for no good reason or something was said during the phone call that caused the administration to contact the KHSAA before the caller contacted them first.

Sure, recording a conversation without informing the other party of the recording was a cowardly act but that is a different issue from how the coach handled the call.

While we do not know the content of the phone conversation, we do know that Ashland's own principal acknowledged that the coach had been disciplined.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Fanman
(06-10-2022, 07:56 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
Ashland did not self report a possible KHSAA violation or discipline its popular coach to punish him for answering a phone call. If the conversation was totally innocent, then the coach should hire an attorney and demand that Ashland issue a public apology.

Answering a phone or talking to the father of a player who attends another school is not against any rule, so either Ashland's administration is attempting to punish its coach for no good reason or something was said during the phone call that caused the administration to contact the KHSAA before the caller contacted them first.

Sure, recording a conversation without informing the other party of the recording was a cowardly act but that is a different issue from how the coach handled the call.

While we do not know the content of the phone conversation, we do know that Ashland's own principal acknowledged that the coach had been disciplined.

Finally, somebody who sees clearly. Well said.
(06-10-2022, 06:12 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 05:24 PM)SocratesKy Wrote:

You have blabbed away at this same theme through all these post and your assertions are lame. Let’s take a look at this so called “well beyond what other teams or coaches even dream about”. Mays first year 2019, which ended with a regional title, had zero transfers, all home grown players. The second season of 2020 he had one transfer. The third year he had a high school transfer from out of state and an 8th grader from the region. The fourth year he had the big kid from Bath Co. So, in his first 4 years as coach he has had 4 transfers, an average of 1 per year. About normal for most schools if not under-normal. This present season he has 1 transfer. He is averaging one transfer per year. Your argument and hyperbole in all these posts in this thread don’t hold up under scrutiny. You’re trying to frame a picture that Coach Mays calls around and tries to entice players to attend Ashland. Well, that is untrue. He does not operate that way. I’ve known him a long time. 
I’ve said this before on here and I will say it again. This idea that coaches are on the phone or working to recruit players from other schools is overblown and exaggerated. It just doesn’t happen that often. By far in most cases if coaches have good programs and schools have good academics, parents and players who want to move will make the first effort, not the coaches.
Coach Mays answered a phone call while on a vacation in South Carolina with his family and he talked to the guy. I’m sure mostly coach talk. Coach Mays is a friendly person and he enjoys talking with people, particularly about basketball. And he does love his program, players and the school so he probably bragged them up a some. That’s just my take on it. There is no “smoke and mirrors” here, just a lot of efforts by a few people to try to make a mountain out of an ant hill.
Let me put this in perspective with what I am saying and what you are trying to cover up with BS.   Ashland has had 2-3 starters the last several years (including the transfer that just moved) that were either the best players on the team or very high impact players for the team.  All other teams develop these players in house with only an occasional new player that has an impact.  That is 100% true.  Those players do not call the coach asking to go to Ashland.  My understanding is that the recorded conversation spells this out for most all recruits.  Again, I haven’t heard the recordings myself, but basing solely off of what I have been told.  It is a huge deal that the school has had lots of success based on this information. I don’t think anyone outside of the school base including the KHSAA will make light of the situation.
What are the Boyd supporters hoping the KHSAA does to Mays and/or the Ashland boys basketball program?  Do you want him fired?  Do you want a postseason ban?  What punishment are you seeking?
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next