Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Mitchell has been named head football coach at South Laurel High School
(06-28-2022, 07:47 PM)Fan of many Wrote:
(06-28-2022, 01:12 AM)fansville Wrote:
(06-27-2022, 09:23 PM)jamesdeane Wrote:
(06-27-2022, 07:24 PM)Fan of many Wrote:
(06-26-2022, 06:39 PM)plantmanky Wrote: 2 QB's have left the program since this coaching change as taken place.  Should we read anything into this?

Where did the qbs go to or did they quit?
One is at Knox Central, I think Knox will be the 3rd school system for him in 3 years (Corbin-South Laurel-Knox). The other is going to Leslie County. His dad played at Leslie so looks like he will follow in his dad's footsteps.
Yes the returning starter went to Leslie and will be a sophomore, his dad was a WR with Tim Couch there back in the day. If I’m not mistaken the kid originally came from Rockcastle. I saw online where the other one went to Knox and will be a freshman. I’m not sure where he was before middle school but I know he played for south laurel in 7th and 8th grade. Either way, tough losses. I also heard at least 4 or 5 other players have since transferred. Sounds like it might be a tough year in South London.
Where did the others transfer too, were they good players
I think they were freshman. Also heard Clay lost significant player to North and a bunch of young talent to North. North Also got a head middle coach from Clay. Big loss for Clay. Guy was a good coach.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Allen Mitchell has been named head football coach at South Laurel High School - by BUFFALO - 06-28-2022, 08:18 PM