Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Spears named Pike County Central Girls Basketball Head Coach
Legendary Bobby Spears was named the new Head Coach for the Lady Hawks earlier today.

Thoughts?
Why is he considered legendary? This is a legitimate question not a dig at all.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(06-24-2022, 01:29 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Why is he considered legendary? This is a legitimate question not a dig at all.

He's the 15th all time winningest coach in KHSAA girls basketball history.  27 seasons.  14 District Championships and 1 15th Region Championship.

If you ask me that's a pretty legendary career.
(06-24-2022, 03:17 AM)Mr. Pike Central Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 01:29 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Why is he considered legendary? This is a legitimate question not a dig at all.

He's the 15th all time winningest coach in KHSAA girls basketball history.  27 seasons.  14 District Championships and 1 15th Region Championship.

If you ask me that's a pretty legendary career.

Oh wow
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
When is the last time he won something?

I feel sorry for Pike Central. They will never be really good at anything consistently because it is the playground of whatever the superintendent of the time wants.
Another retread...when will someone think out of the box instead of hiring someone that time has passed by?

Hire a young coach that will build a program rather than put a band aid on the sideline.
Maybe nobody else wants to coach at Pike Central. Some of you know it alls should of applied. Good coaches are attracted to a deep talent pool. Is the pool dry there?
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • MightyOak2
(06-25-2022, 11:41 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Maybe nobody else wants to coach at Pike Central.  Some of you know it alls should of applied.  Good coaches are attracted to a deep talent pool.  Is the pool dry there?
Terrible hire. Another short term fix instead of hiring the ppl that has been committed to the girls program from midget league to middle school to high school. Pike Central has some talented kids.
Who should of they hired? Put some names on here Real Talk. Maybe some people will say the same rude remarks about them. Maybe it will all be positive.
(06-25-2022, 02:06 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Who should of they hired?  Put some names on here Real Talk.  Maybe some people will say the same rude remarks about them.  Maybe it will all be positive.
Rude? I mean the dude won’t be there more than 2-3 years may be wrong may be right. Then when he leaves they will be in the same boat. Bring someone in young who will invest long term. Post the job and let’s see who is interested.
Whose some of those candidates? Nobody with a reputation is gonna look for a job that doesn’t have the horses to run the Derby. Pikeville is loaded for Grizzly and Valley isn’t bad. Find someone local that’s young.
A proven winner or an unknown rookie? Think I would have gone with the veteran also.
I’m going with the proven winner. Kids deserve a coach with some experience. Time is to vital and critical to hire a potential nightmare.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Justthefacts1
You can win at Pike Central. Been done before.
When did they win last?
(06-26-2022, 06:11 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: When did they win last?

Won the 15th Region in 2007.
(06-26-2022, 01:41 PM)KingCommodore Wrote: You can win at Pike Central. Been done before.
2010 was in Region Championship
Who was the guy that Helped Coach Campbell ?I He has been around PC for a while looks like they would have hired him, the kids seem to like him!