Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleepers In The 14th
Every year there are some players who come out of no where and help out their team.

I will start it off with OF Sean Ryan of Powell County.
I believe that he will be a big key to Powell's success this year.
Russ Dotson and Josh Rison from Powell will fill in some holes after last year's graduation. Both are infielders. Rison may see some time at SS while Dotson may play some 3rd and 1st, and will definitely be effective on the mound.
The 2007 14th region senior class was a good class. I think with all the starters that were lost to graduation that there will be several new players that will surprise people this season. I was impressed with Hazard's sophomore class from a year ago (this years juniors). Most of them only got to play j.v. because of the talented seniors that the Bulldogs had. Leslie, Letcher, Perry, Powell, Lee, and Estill all lost key seniors from a year ago as well.
Last year everyone said Leslie was losing everything because they were losing Morgan and Hendrix. The Eagles have been to the region finals the last 2 years. Should have won both years. They were a better team than Letcher this year. I think they will be a talented team again this season. You don't know of many on the team right now but when the season gets started you will.
I look for estill to have some upcoming talent this year. From both sophmore, junior, and possibly freshman classes.
LCC will build a powerhouse for years to come in baseball. Tons of talent in the 8th grade to sophomore classes!
How about we not call it a sleeper.........lets just ask......who will be the team that has the lucky draw...........just like last year Jenkins and Jackson City played..........either team would have been lucky to beat any other team in the regional tourney and yet they draw each other............................so the thread topic should be...........whou will be the lucky dawgs this year????????
3under_PAR Wrote:How about we not call it a sleeper.........lets just ask......who will be the team that has the lucky draw...........just like last year Jenkins and Jackson City played..........either team would have been lucky to beat any other team in the regional tourney and yet they draw each other............................so the thread topic should be...........whou will be the lucky dawgs this year????????

OK you make a thread then.
3under_PAR Wrote:How about we not call it a sleeper.........lets just ask......who will be the team that has the lucky draw...........just like last year Jenkins and Jackson City played..........either team would have been lucky to beat any other team in the regional tourney and yet they draw each other............................so the thread topic should be...........whou will be the lucky dawgs this year????????
Stick to the topic of the current thread. Not something else. We are nowhere near a draw as of now...practice hasnt even started yet. So I suggest if you want opinions on the draw, start a different thread.

Thats the luck of the draw go cry about it.
TakeItToTheHouse/The2nd Wrote:Thats the luck of the draw go cry about it.
Well said!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
give lcc a couple years and they will go undefeated. this young group is one of the most talented i have ever seen and no other teams will be able to match up with them. it will be a hard season for them right now but look out they may just supprise u.
Are You Serious????!!!!!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:LCC will build a powerhouse for years to come in baseball. Tons of talent in the 8th grade to sophomore classes!

I completely agree. Not only talent, but a coaching staff that knows how to properly develop it.
Its very possible that we will see Powell and Estill in the district championship, and then again in the regional championship.
JBS will be a sleeper with young talent and Potter transferring in....
RedSox_#1 Wrote:Its very possible that we will see Powell and Estill in the district championship, and then again in the regional championship.
Very good point. Both of these teams are in the top 5 if not the best in the region. They both return a very good class of athletes and it will be a dandy when these two match up during the season.TongueirateSho
Godspeed Wrote:Very good point. Both of these teams are in the top 5 if not the best in the region. They both return a very good class of athletes and it will be a dandy when these two match up during the season.TongueirateSho

I agree 100%
Godspeed Wrote:Very good point. Both of these teams are in the top 5 if not the best in the region. They both return a very good class of athletes and it will be a dandy when these two match up during the season.TongueirateSho

I would have to agree 100 % also
Powell Co.
uk96 Wrote:JBS will be a sleeper with young talent and Potter transferring in....

Why don't they play somebody then.LOL.
Tailback44 Wrote:Powell Co.

Most definitely
Hazard will be good this year with alot of young players and JBS will be young but beat some teams they have never beat before because they will have some really good young pitchers...
For a team to win the region in 2008 they have to have at least 2 quality pitchers. With teams like Powell, Perry Central, Estill, etc., who can just flat out hit, you have got to keep the ball down, hit your spots, and dont fall back in the count all day, or your going to be hurtin................badly!!!!!
RedSox_#1 Wrote:For a team to win the region in 2008 they have to have at least 2 quality pitchers. With teams like Powell, Perry Central, Estill, etc., who can just flat out hit, you have got to keep the ball down, hit your spots, and dont fall back in the count all day, or your going to be hurtin................badly!!!!!
Couldn't agree more.TongueirateSho
And on the other hand, you have to have a solid lineup to beat some of the quality pitchers. You cant win without hittin. Smile
the whole knott club imp are sleepers some really talented kids on that ball club
Lee county is definatly going to need a couple of sleepers from last year to perform on the mound if they want any chance of winning the region, or districts if they dont draw the one seed.
RedSox_#1 Wrote:Lee county is definatly going to need a couple of sleepers from last year to perform on the mound if they want any chance of winning the region, or districts if they dont draw the one seed.

The 56th seeds......According to your last post it only takes 2 good starters.........and I think Lee and Campell can cover that so they have a chance.........But i do think they have a really good Soph. class...........It all depends on how they step up and will probably be a lot better team as the year goes on since the team will be a lot younger.
Good luck to them, but I dont see Drake throwing every district game again, and then turning around and winning in a district final, or in a tough first round against powell or estill.